Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:29:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Canadian Election Thread
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Canadian Election Thread  (Read 3992 times)
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« on: April 21, 2005, 10:48:06 PM »

I know that it has not been officaly stated as of yet... but i figure that its about time to start it anyway.

feel free to post your opnions about the parties/leaders/policys, and what your predictions are for the election outcome, and if you think we should wait till next january as it has been offered by Martain or go with an election now b4 Gomery actualy brings down his report on the scandal.

Personaly i really feel that harper was on his toes with his adress to the nation after martain speech... it really seemed that harper was in fine form. im confident that the CPC will win the next election with a slight to large majority goverment, and the liberals will get pounded back with the offical oppestion being eiter the NDP of the Bloc.

The 2 teired health care system that has been eluded to by the fraser inistute, to me seems like what the tories will be using for their model of the future of health care for canada. i have looked over the ofical release and it looks rather promising. and with the manner that the liberals keep screwing the healthcare system as it is now... anything would be better.

Military spending is on the rise.... no thanks to a decades worth of cutting by the liberals. more troops to be added increasing our army in the majority by about 5000 regular and 3000 reserve troops over 5 yrs, so that is 1000 extra trannies per year over what is normaly trained which i think is around 950/yr for regular force alone. the standing army really needs to be increased by about 15000 personal in regular force and about 6000 in reserve forces over the next 5 yrs. which means that the training infastructure needs to be increased to accomadate the increase in recruits. on the military side alone i can go on for pages on things that need to be done to strengthen our military, it just comes down that after years of neglect and restructuring it will take far more then the money given to the CF to grow to actualy see this growth occur.

Frankly the new forgien policy brought down by the goverment is nothing but a blue sky report saying that this is what were doing with no dates listed. Canada Command which is a great idea brought forth by the new head of the CF (canadian forces) and not a goverment idea at all, the commander of the CF actualy was in the process of creating it prior to any consutation from the Goverment about it.

well if you havent guessed im going to vote for teh Canadian Neo-cons this time out... ive been a devoute liberalite.... but well they just lost me with their white washing ways... and a quarter billion program that dumped millions back into their own pockets.....

Harper will be the next prime minister of canada.

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
MCT
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 11:19:56 AM »

Jack Layton reminds me of Father Brian.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 05:14:03 PM »

The Liberals have got to go.  They've been in power for way too long, become too comfortable with power.  And just as the old adage goes, you can now see that that power has corrupted.  It's outrageous to me that the Liberals could go on to win re-election despite the sponsorship scandal.  They're just like the Republicans in the US; they won an election based on fear - in this case, fear of the Conservative Party sending Canada down the right-wing road of taking away abortion rights and stuff (even though Harper said they would not challenge a woman's right to choose).  And just like the Republicans, even though they did something seriously wrong, they got re-elected anyway.

I hate the Liberals.  They don't even do anything anymore.  Paul Martin has no idea how to lead a country; The Economist recently referred to him as "Mr. Dithers".  The only people he punished after the sponsorship scandal were old friends of Chretien.  It's just pass the blame, pass the blame.  I'm more left-wing than right-wing, but a Conservative government would probably be preferable to me right now than another blundering Liberal government.

I voted for the NDP last election, and of course they didn't get voted in because Peter Millikan is too damn popular in my riding (Kingston, Ontario).  It's said that he could strangle Ryan Malcolm on the steps of City Hall and he'd still win.

Fuck the Liberals.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 08:31:57 PM »

I don't mind Martin. I think he is one of the better guys compared to Dayton and Harper. But yes, Liberals, have had too much power, and me living in Ontario, I can't belive i supported McGinty. Liberals are too power-hungry.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 11:39:26 PM »

YUP THEY ARE TOTALY POWER HUNGRY

and now with layton and martin in bed together...... i cant wait for the election.... casue frankly i wont be able to last through a 10 month campaign by martin.......

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 12:26:55 AM »

I wish the NDP had a viable chance to be the dominant party.  I think they have more integrity than the Liberals, and they're more progressive on important things like the environment.

So what exactly is the reason why everybody suddenly thinks there's gonna be an election?  How did the Liberals screw up this time?
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 05:29:39 PM »

How did the Liberals screw up this time?

Martins increasing Canadian Military and reducing the number of countries that Canada is helping. BTW Daytons no better, hes into the gay marridge thing.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 07:29:17 PM »

BTW Daytons no better, hes into the gay marridge thing.

Wow.  Roll Eyes
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 08:36:10 PM »

BTW Daytons no better, hes into the gay marridge thing.

Wow.? Roll Eyes

And thats supposed to mean......

MCT
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 01:56:45 PM »

Martins increasing Canadian Military and reducing the number of countries that Canada is helping. BTW Daytons no better, hes into the gay marridge thing.

Wow.? Roll Eyes

And thats supposed to mean......

...that you can't spell marriage; among other things...

Oh, and Skylar:

Take it easy on the E's there honeybunch... Kiss...

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 05:16:14 PM »

so i cant spell.....

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2005, 06:51:39 AM »

...that youze can't spell marriage; among other things...

Oh, n' Skylar:

Take it easy on da E's there honeybunch... Kiss...

Sorry shnookums (fine, you try to spell it better  Roll Eyes), but Dis Pimp right here can't help but cruise down the street in a 6-4........................

Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2005, 06:12:25 PM »

yes this is true, however i have to respond in two parts to this and im going to leave the SSM with hopes of a free none partisan vote on it in the house.

Martin is increasing the Canadian military...... bouth freacking time too. but one thing to remember is that most of the 5000 reg force are going to the army, as is the same with the reserve force of 3000, and the army that is to be expanded, well lets just say for the liberials to meet their increse in 5 yrs, they actualy have to make up for the 6000 that they are understaffed by before you can even start the 5000 counter. if 5yrs ago the liberial goverment had decided to fill all postions and expand the military over 10 years and also increase teh forces budget we would be in a far better postion then where we are now. some projections say that the few billion that is getting thrown to the forces will not be enough and that it will only add to the staffing problems that we are currently facing. the suggested alternatives would be to increase military spending to 22billion for the next 3 years then scale back to 18.5-20 billion from that point forward and a steady increase of 250 - 500 million every 2yrs for the next 20yrs, expanding the forces out to around 125,000 -150,000 over that time frame, and obtaining new modren equipment for the airfoce navy and army. such as troop carriers, destroyers, C-17 cargo planes and buying into the JSF project with the Brits and Yank's. Also to bring back the Airborne reg that was disbanded several years ago.

with the change in forgien policy, i think that this is something that we should have been doing for years pick several small countries that we have good relations with and increase the amount of aid that we give them and assist them in what ever means we can, from infastructure assistance, to military trainning. etc. this is something that will have a far better impact tehn throwing out small amounts of money to everyone.

Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2005, 08:59:46 PM »

i have no opinion on the canadian elections..im just posting here to piss 2nafish off lol

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2005, 11:41:54 AM »

So a new pool out in thelast 24h has put the Cons ahead of teh Fiberals by 5 points......... this is starting to look very good for a changing of the guard!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: