Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:52:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227810 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  (the idiot's guide to) smoking
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: (the idiot's guide to) smoking  (Read 16675 times)
im rickjames bitch
« on: April 23, 2005, 02:31:28 AM »

dont worry this isnt depressing like the other topics ive made. i think that people should start smoking when their young (like 14 or maybe younger). think about it when your young its harder for u to get smokes cause u can buy them yourself. and u cant smoke whenever u want to. and in a couple of years the kid will realise wait y am i smoking i dont want to get cancer and he will quit. if u start smoking when your 20 eg u can buy smokes and u can smoke whenever u want so u may become a chain smoker and do more damage to your lungs. it would probably be harder for a chain smoker to quit. so do u see my point? i started when i was 14 cause my stupid friend peer pressured me. and 2 years later i quit and i never to smoke again.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 09:07:46 AM by used illusions [ aapc ] » Logged
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 02:50:29 AM »

I don't see your point... Nobody should "start smoking".  I don't have any evidence to back this up, but I'd bet most people start smoking around 15-16, and not too many of them quit.  Personal experience tells me I'm right... I don't know a single person who started smoking at 20.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 04:13:17 AM »

I don't see your point...
Me neither.
Nobody should "start smoking".?
Correct!
I don't have any evidence to back this up, but I'd bet most people start smoking around 15-16, and not too many of them quit.?
Thats correct with me, just quit after starting when i was 15, ive tried to quit before but been unsuccessfull, this time i will be, its been three months now.
Personal experience tells me I'm right... I don't know a single person who started smoking at 20.
Me neither, maybe its different where Rickjames comes from?
Who knows.

Sterlingdog
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 10:38:29 AM »

I think I actually get the point.  I'm not sure he meant people should smoke, just if they were going to, it would be better to start younger.  I'm not sure I agree, but I get what he is saying.  I started smoking around 15 and quit by the time I was 18.  Its hard to get addicted when you don't always have access to cigarettes, and when you do, the only time you can smoke is when you sneak off behind the school or whatever.  I quit because I wasn't interested anymore, I wasn't addicted so it wasn't a big deal.  I started college and had other things to worry about. 

I think most people do start smoking when they are younger, but whether or not they can easily quit depends on the circumstances.  I actually do know someone who started smoking around age 20, because she started going out with a smoker.  She broke up with him a couple years later but smoked for over 10 years.   
usurper
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 11:12:56 AM »

Smoking sucks.........

peace Peace  peace
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 11:53:04 AM »

Smoking affects growth, so it would definetley be a dumbass idea to start at 14

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
usurper
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 11:59:03 AM »

smoking Izzy? smoking

Damn right.......

peace Peace  peace
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 01:57:19 PM »

smoking Izzy? smoking

really? i thought it just screwed you up later in life. didn't know, but now i have another good reason to not start.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2005, 04:51:50 PM »

ok........................................

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2005, 04:59:55 PM »

Rickjames, knowing this board is read by very young people who don't know any better, i think you shut shut your gob if you vcome out with shit like you just have :

I have started smoking when i 10 years old, in between 1 to 2 packs a day, every day and have stopped 3 week ends ago, after  20 YEARS OF THE SHIT !!!!

Let me tell you something, and god knows i am trying to keep cool and not get angry at you:

6 months ago, i had an aneurism scare, which was entirely due to TOBACCO.

I was so hooked on cigarettes that even knowing i could have died because of a brain problem didn't make me stop smoking.
Because i was no better than any other drugs addict.

I stopped for my baby, for another life.

Do you realise rickjames, as thick as you seem to be for this matter only, that i hadn't finished my growth as an adolescent when i started smoking ? Do you realise that my bones have finished growing when they already had been intoxicated by very dangerous products and this for 6/7 years then ? Do you realise that as soon as i started smoking, i didn't grow an inch taller ?
Do you realise that as soon as had been smoking 4/5 years, i have wanted to try something stronger ? ( i was 14 fucking years old !!!) ...

Do you realise that every time i was anguished, instead of asking pyself why and doing something about it, i'd smoke ?
Do you realise that everytime i smoked, the products made me more anxious and so, i'd smoke again ?

And you are saying young KIDS should know this state of mind and this physical pain the younger they can ?

Well, without anger, i can tell you :

YOU ARE THE THICKEST AND THE STUPIDEST DICKEAD I HAVE EVER READ ON A BOARD !!

YOU WON " THE" AWARD.

Nothing to say
Dust N Rose
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2005, 06:04:38 PM »

Little peace maybe peace

I understand Preeger's post. It comes from a person who suffered from that bad habit and should not be overlooked.
These are opinions I think.
Once a classmate told me that soft drugs should be legalised and be in the stores. Then every young would not think marijuana is something forbidden, therefore using them would not be considered cool.
I disagreed with her and she told me that you are afraid of the drugs that's why you don't want them to be legalised.
Then I replied, in this case we would go a step further and the drug users would be extremely multiplied either they thought using drugs would be cool or not.

I don't smoke. I've never smoked. I've never missed or wanted to smoke. I'm exercising and smoking would be bad for my performance. I didn't have many companies in high school because I didn't smoke and I never regreted about it. In fact I'm proud that I never smoked and many old classmates or friends recognize me for not smoking and admit that smoking is a stupid habit.
A doctor said to my father once when he needed urgently treatment that would have had a heart attack if he also smoked.

If you tell the people that you don't smoke because you're afraid of cancer they'll answer that they had a relative that died from cancer in his lung and he never smoked and had a healthy life. Others will say, smoking is a pleasure and should not be aggrieved.
It's not the cancer. It's everything. Smoking makes you addictive. You can make a little run and you'll find yourself exhausted. Once someone asked me: "You're not smoking, you barely drink alcohol, you drill, you eat healthy food, how the heck you are happy with your life?"
That's a good question  hihi
I reply .... there are better pleasures in life.  Wink
usurper
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2005, 06:28:05 PM »

I don't wish to smoke......

peace Peace  peace
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2005, 10:05:04 PM »

don't start smoking. period. kills your money, health, hight, and breath. i know people who started smoking when they were in the 6th grade and already they're having breathing problems (im in grade 9)

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2005, 02:31:43 AM »

peace Peace? peace

I do.  Smiley

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
usurper
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2005, 07:30:46 AM »

peace Peace? peace

I do.? Smiley

Go ahead, just don't come complaining to us when you've got lung cancer....
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2005, 08:24:48 AM »

Great, just what the kids need... A thread endorsing smoking. Why isn't this shit locked? Roll Eyes

Fuck 'Em All.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2005, 09:12:57 AM »

Wait...

...I thought smoking was cool?

Bollocks.

But yes, I do smoke. I quit, kind of, last Saturday...

...I didn't smoke untill Friday. I'm trying to ease it out. Slowly.

I haven't smoked today...And I'll try not to tommorow.

It is so, so true what people say. Honestly, after just a few days of not smoking I felt so good. Not good in that I 'acomplished' something, but good in a real way, too. Maybe it's psychological. Maybe. But, when I started smoking again a six days later I felt...Not so great again.

Keep the kids off the drugs!!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
MCT
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2005, 09:25:23 AM »

That's usually how it goes there Jimbo...

Me, I'm starting fresh today. Of course it'll be my sixth serious attempt...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2005, 01:57:06 PM »

peace Peace? peace

I do.? Smiley

Go ahead, just don't come complaining to us when you've got lung cancer....

Dont worry, I wont, and my grandmother wont either, shes only 89 and has smoked nearly a pack a day since she was 10, but wait shes healthy as a horse Kiss

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2005, 02:20:04 PM »

Dont worry, I wont, and my grandmother wont either, shes only 89 and has smoked nearly a pack a day since she was 10, but wait shes healthy as a horse Kiss
That's called luck

I agree with jessica, this is not a good message to be sending out to the kids on the board

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: