Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:32:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Bands with 3 guitarists
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bands with 3 guitarists  (Read 2265 times)
Slashed
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: April 25, 2005, 09:03:11 AM »

What do the 3 guitarists actualy do?....isnt it more than enuf?..
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 12:37:57 AM »

if you listen to all the GNR albums they have 3 guitars playing.  Contraband has 3 guitars in the songs.? Actually most artists have 3 in their albums but usually have 2 guitarists.

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 02:53:49 AM »

i think it's more than enough.  usually they add other guitar tracks into a song to give it more texture on a studio recording.  but when playing live i think a good band can do with only one or two guitars.  i mean look at led zeppelin, they had an amazing sound with only guitar, bass/keys, and drums.  if a guitarist can mix rhythm and lead well you only need one.  two tops.  you just look at the new gn'r playing live with buckethead and it seems like one is playing lead and the other two are doing the same shit.  at times buckethead would just stand there not playing anything until he needed to.

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 09:44:18 AM »

With a 2 guitar band the 3rd guitar u hear is usually the lead player overrecording the guitar solo.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 03:51:17 AM »

iron maiden have a 3 guitar players,and they sound great

I have never seen so many tree
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 05:29:56 AM »

yeah, i mean don't get me wrong... sometimes 3 guitars can sound good.  but usually, that third guitar gets lost somewhere unless you know how to integrate everything.  just look at "free bird"... the duelling lead guitars and the rhythm guitar works perfectly in that combination.  however, i do give alot of respect to guitarists in bands like led zeppelin, black label society, incubus, the jimi hendrix experience, nirvana, phish, audioslave, red hot chili peppers, gov't mule, etc.  these guitarists play alone and yet manage to give their music a full sound that incorporates both rhythm and lead through one guitar.  with that said... guns n' roses is still my favorite band of all time, and i think it would take away from the live music if there were no izzy/gilby.

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
Slashed
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 08:26:17 AM »

but how about when the singer is singing....wat would the 2 lead guitarist do?...wouldnt it sound noisy n messy if both of them r playing while the singer is singing?
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 09:08:01 AM »

i like one lead and 2 rytham guitarists.That is rock n roll

I have never seen so many tree
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: