Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:15:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227826 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  WINNER: Best 80's Frontman Survivor
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: WINNER: Best 80's Frontman Survivor  (Read 7070 times)
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2005, 01:18:53 PM »

YESHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRUCE DICKINSON FUKING ROX!!! O YESH! ORGASMIC!!!! BRUCE DICKINSON ROX  beer beer beer beer beer beer beer ok ok ok ok Grin Grin Grin Grin Smiley Smiley Smiley

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2005, 02:30:25 PM »

Bruce Dickinson?  THE Bruce Dickinson?

Hey, the guy puts his pants on, just like you, one leg at a time.  Except, once his pants are on, he makes gold records!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2005, 05:25:47 PM »

Just saying people are voting for the people that its more "cool" to like in 2005

Jon was a pretty boy pinup teen idol type guy in the 80's so of course it isnt cool to like him

same for Vince neil

Hetfield is a sell out now so it isnt cool to like him.

Cobain and Axl had feuds so it wasnt cool to like him for the 90's, he was overexposed and killed himself and was made a legend thanks to that, so people arent voting for him

From an objective viewpoint, Reznor being the 90's and Dickinson being the 80's just doenst seem right.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2005, 10:51:28 PM »

Bruce Dikinson has ALWAYS been cool. Vince was decent until the horrible Theater of Pain album, and has never been the same since then. Hetfield was mediocre then compared to Mustaine. Objectively, thrash bands like Overkill, Dark Angel, Sodom, and Kreator are better than Metallica, easily. However, there is only one Iron Maiden!  beer

As for the 90's, Phil Anselmo of Pantera should have been the best frontman, but he's the reason why Pantera broke up and Dimebag died to the idiot who blamed him. Trent isn't a bad choice by any means.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2005, 12:15:31 AM »

Im not sure I understand the criteria everyone is basing their votes on?

are u voting on just singing ability?
D... it's REALLY SIMPLE... you vote for your LEAST favorite to be eliminated.  That your favorite didn't win, only means that other people did not consider your favorite to be their favorite.

I've seen both Hetfield and Dickinson onstage.  Dickinson is a far better frontman, and deserves to win.  This is my biased, subjective opinion, based on my personal preference.  That's why I voted Hetfield off in the last round.  Because he was my least favorite. 

the best frontmen of each decade were overexposed,over played and people are sick of em, which is why they exited so quickly.

its a biased game.

Trent Reznor over Cobain in the 90's, Priceless!

OF COURSE it's a  biased game!  any game based on a subjective thing such as people's personal musical tastes... is going to be biased.   ok

As for Cobain losing out to Reznor... Cobain died in the first half of the decade, Reznor managed to keep from blasting his brains out... I don't think it's completely unreasonable to think that Reznor should have won the 90s survivor.

Just saying people are voting for the people that its more "cool" to like in 2005

Jon was a pretty boy pinup teen idol type guy in the 80's so of course it isnt cool to like him

same for Vince neil

Hetfield is a sell out now so it isnt cool to like him.

Cobain and Axl had feuds so it wasnt cool to like him for the 90's, he was overexposed and killed himself and was made a legend thanks to that, so people arent voting for him

From an objective viewpoint, Reznor being the 90's and Dickinson being the 80's just doenst seem right.

You are assuming that this is why people are voting off these frontmen.   
And... you aren't being objective... any post where you mention jon bon jovi... you aren't being objective... because you worship the guy.

I'm not real objective when it comes to Axl.  I worship the guy.  At least I admit it.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2005, 04:19:30 AM »

Cobain died in the first half of the decade, Reznor managed to keep from blasting his brains out...

And what's interesting, if Cobain HADN'T killed himself, D probably wouldn't be defending him right now. The guy would've most likely just faded away.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2005, 04:34:20 AM »

I like Cobain, i liked them before they got huge or what have u, but u cant argue with his impact

the title should be changed to "your favorite frontman of such and such decade survivor"

cause the best arent winning

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2005, 10:37:52 AM »

If you're basing the winners off of their "impact", then the 80's winner should have been Quorthon  (bathory) or Tom G. Warrior (celtic frost and hellhammer). You've probably never heard of them, but just about every black and death metal band today can trace their roots back to them. THEY DIDN'T EVEN MAKE IN IN THE CONTEST. Bon Jovi doesn't have literally thousands of bands trying to imitate him.

There are many frontmen who deserved to be in there more than Bon Jovi. Just be glad he was in it at all.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2005, 12:15:41 PM »

Cobain was crap. Vince is cheesier than cheese pretzels. Hetfield mediocre. i was piit off bono let off so early. as for prince. wel..........ahem

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2005, 12:44:55 PM »

I like Cobain, i liked them before they got huge or what have u, but u cant argue with his impact

the title should be changed to "your favorite frontman of such and such decade survivor"

cause the best arent winning
"Best" is completely subjective.  What is best to you isn't necessarily best to me, or the best to other people.   

It's not about who was the most mainstream, or the most commercially successful... because this doesn't mean crap. If the artist was commercially successful, they've already won... in their pocketbook. 

Yes... cobain made an impact... but so did reznor.  The only reason why cobain is considered more of a legend now than reznor is because cobain blew his brains out... or someone blew them out for him.   But that's a discussion for another thread.

What  motivated me to vote cobain off and keep reznor on?  this simple thought process:  I listen to Nine Inch Nails more often than I listen to Nirvana.  I enjoy Nine Inch Nails more than Nirvana.  I prefer Nine Inch Nails  over Nirvana.  And since I'm voting off my least favorite on the list... I'm going to vote for... well... my least favorite.  See how that works? 

It's not called "The most commerically successful Frontman survivor challenge"  and it's not called "The frontman that you think had the most impact on mainstream america survivor challenge" and it's not called "D's survivor challenge" and it's not called "the frontman that blasted his brains out and propelled himself to superlegend status survivor challenge"  --- if it were called that... cobain would have won.   yes
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2005, 12:40:07 AM »

Vince was decent until the horrible Theater of Pain album, and has never been the same since then.

No way, man!  Theatre of Pain was a great album, I don't care what people say.  It's got better lyrics than any other Crue album, and I like the glam image and the inclusion of some rootsy rock 'n' roll songs on there (like "Raise Your Hands To Rock").
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2005, 01:35:16 AM »

Vince was decent until the horrible Theater of Pain album, and has never been the same since then.

No way, man! Theatre of Pain was a great album, I don't care what people say. It's got better lyrics than any other Crue album, and I like the glam image and the inclusion of some rootsy rock 'n' roll songs on there (like "Raise Your Hands To Rock").
My thoughts exactly, followed closely by Dr. Feelgood.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2005, 09:10:32 PM »

No way, man! Theatre of Pain was a great album, I don't care what people say. It's got better lyrics than any other Crue album, and I like the glam image and the inclusion of some rootsy rock 'n' roll songs on there (like "Raise Your Hands To Rock").

yea I agree....  more meaning within the band too;;;;;;  lot better than there stuff today & better than dr. feelgood for the time

bp

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: