Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:44:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  David Blaine
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: David Blaine  (Read 7783 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: April 27, 2005, 04:31:20 AM »

Has anyone seen his magic?

I think he is a straight up witch or a warlock or something

how does he levitate?

those tricks are insane

what do u all think?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 04:58:15 AM »

how does he levitate?

you mean that he is a little above the ground with his feet? didn't they reveal how he did that in some show? apperently when you stand on the sides of your feet in some way it appears that he's off the ground...

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 05:20:02 AM »

no way, u can clearly see his feet leaving the ground, it shows his entire body and he isnt touching or connected to anything.

he is a something inhuman.

wadey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 05:33:28 AM »

inhuman (NOT)
camera trickery (yes)

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 05:45:48 AM »

Nah, they always just show his head moving up and down while everyone behind him reacts, and every single time he makes sure he is lined up at the perfect angle so the trick works. ?There is one time where they show his feet coming off the ground completely (probably what D is talking about), but that's not what everyone else sees when he does it. ?There are tons of editing tricks in his "Street Magic" special... Most of his tricks are fairly easy to do, he just has a really good delivery. ?I thought having the "levitation" at the end of the special to be really anti-climatic.

D, I used to be exactly the same as you, completely blown away and confused by some of his stuff.

Aside from that, the stuff he does that ISN'T magic is pretty amazing... I don't know how he stood on top of that pole for 48 hours and then jumped onto those boxes.
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 05:55:30 AM »

I have been watching Magic Week on Discovery this week featuring David Blaine....the guy is f*cking amazing...love all the card tricks...did anyone see when he was in Haiti? a majority of the people were scared of him...something to do with 'black magic' not that I believe either way...personally I like him better and think he is a better the Copperfield Wink plus he justs looks plain sppoky sometimes

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 05:57:31 AM »

yeah like when he went 40 days without eating in that little glass box.

How do u explain his card tricks?

When he tears? the card up and its fuckin right back on top.

or when he'd put the card without lookin at it, in his pocket and it would be drawn on his chest?

or when the guys would have the cards in their grip and he'd change them completely

Im still blown away.

I still dont see how they fake the levitation

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 06:28:19 AM »

Ok D, if you have any of his videos on your computer, look for a card trick he does on this girl named Brandy.  He gets her to write her name on the card, rips it up, and then puts it back on top of the deck in one piece.  Now I'm not going to ruin all of the trick since it involves lots of clever hand movements, but I will point out that he does cheat.  When the girl writes her name on the card, she writes it properly "Brandy"... if you watch really closely, the card Blaine rips up has "BRANDY" on it in different hand-writing, then all he has to do is pretend the card pieces are in the wrong hand and then put his empty hand on the deck, she flips over the "Brandy" card.

"or when the guys would have the cards in their grip and he'd change them completely"

Look up "double lift" and you should be able to figure out 90% of Blaine's card tricks... but I wouldn't recommend doing that.  I kind of wish I was still blown away by his stuff.  Of course it is fun to do them on other people, so its up to you!   ok
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 09:15:25 AM »

You can get David Blaine action figures now, I hear it's hard to get them out of the box? Grin

Sorry had to get that joke off my chest

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 09:45:33 AM »

I think he's awesome.  I love when he is out in the streets.  I spend most of my looking like this  Shocked  How to you explain writing on cars driving by?  Eh, I don't want to know - I love watching him!  yes

I agree that he's better than Copperfield too - Copperfield's seem fake.

Why don't you just....
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 11:03:10 AM »

Copperfield is much more of an "epic" magician, but he is well thought of among other practitioners.
I knew a guy who could do many of Blaine's tricks, but he'd never let on how he did 'em...
On the other hand, I DO know how Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty disappear...wanna know??

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 02:21:37 PM »

Has anyone seen his magic?

I think he is a straight up witch or a warlock or something

how does he levitate?

those tricks are insane

what do u all think?
Dude you actually believe that phony?! That's FUNNY!! This is a great tool to search for the truth about phonies like him and his "magic".

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 02:47:51 PM »

Fuck off with your "phonies" and "magic" bullshit.

Of course it's not real.

He isn't famous because he claims to use real magic (in essence).

It's because he can make it appear to be magic. So fuck right off.

If you don't want to know how he did the levitation trick...

...He'd do the standing on one foot at an angle and then film those who were watching reactions.

Then, in the edit, they would include something filmed seperatly in which he is literally lifted off the ground using...I don't know, a crane or something...And then have actors wearing the same clothes filmed from behind so it looks like it is the same people who were there on the street.

I think his magic is great, but I'll admit that after finding out that there was a great deal of it done in the editing, I was kind of annoyed and it made it less fun to watch. His endurance stunts rule though.

But, that's why I love Derren Brown.

Have any of you in the states ever seen this guy? Absoloutly incredible.

Even though he has become more a 'magician' in his most recent stuff than when he first started, it still rules.

He's a 'psychological magician', and not only is he absoloutly incredible, he's also a really cool guy. Like David Blaine. I fucking hate it when people label him 'pretentious'.

Unfortunatly, Derren Brown lost a lot of credibility over here because of this Russian Roulette thing that he did, which people had to rip apart so much because they couldn't grasp what he was attempting that it was labeled 'fake' with little or no proof. Oh, asside from the location...Give a fuck.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005, 03:21:32 PM »

Fuck off with your "phonies" and "magic" bullshit.

Of course it's not real.

He isn't famous because he claims to use real magic (in essence).

It's because he can make it appear to be magic. So fuck right off.

If you don't want to know how he did the levitation trick...

...He'd do the standing on one foot at an angle and then film those who were watching reactions.

Then, in the edit, they would include something filmed seperatly in which he is literally lifted off the ground using...I don't know, a crane or something...And then have actors wearing the same clothes filmed from behind so it looks like it is the same people who were there on the street.

I think his magic is great, but I'll admit that after finding out that there was a great deal of it done in the editing, I was kind of annoyed and it made it less fun to watch. His endurance stunts rule though.

But, that's why I love Derren Brown.

Have any of you in the states ever seen this guy? Absoloutly incredible.

Even though he has become more a 'magician' in his most recent stuff than when he first started, it still rules.

He's a 'psychological magician', and not only is he absoloutly incredible, he's also a really cool guy. Like David Blaine. I fucking hate it when people label him 'pretentious'.

Unfortunatly, Derren Brown lost a lot of credibility over here because of this Russian Roulette thing that he did, which people had to rip apart so much because they couldn't grasp what he was attempting that it was labeled 'fake' with little or no proof. Oh, asside from the location...Give a fuck.
If You have a problem with my opinion you can......

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005, 06:44:25 PM »

Thing is, that wasn't your 'opinion', it's just you being a prick and not understanding what David Blaine is all about.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2005, 07:45:44 PM »

Derren Brown is far more impressive than David Blaine. With david blaine its mainly either slight of hand or flat out television editing. Derren Brown uses psychological tecniques that essentially simple, but combines them effectively to fool anyone.

For instance he took on 6 chess masters (having never played chess himself) at once and beat every one of them, and then he explained how he did it and it was some very basic tecnique that required no knowledge of the game.

Derren Brown impresses me ever time i see him, once you've seen blaine do one of two things it gets dull.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2005, 11:55:24 PM »

Thing is, that wasn't your 'opinion', it's just you being a prick and not understanding what David Blaine is all about.
Yes it was, but whatever.  Plus D's a big boy and can take a little light hearted jab.  ok

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2005, 12:42:20 AM »

Penn and Teller are the best "magicians" out there.
psycotron
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2005, 02:40:30 AM »

one time i saw a david blaine tv commercial and david got a deck of cards and he said pick a card and flicked through them. i saw the spade queen. he said remember that card and then he flicked the card at the front over and it was the spade queen. that scared the shit out of me. my mom picked the same card when she watched it to.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2005, 04:39:40 AM »

I know how he does that one,its a trick of the mind

he flips every card very fast and slows it down at the queen of spades so its the one u see, everyone picks it.

it was still trippy till i figured it out.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: