Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:26:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Please somebody help me! Ref: 1993 GnR TV Programme
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please somebody help me! Ref: 1993 GnR TV Programme  (Read 6739 times)
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« on: April 29, 2005, 03:46:28 AM »

I have been trying for many years now to get my hands on a recording of a GnR television documentary that was aired in England in 1993 (maybe other countries as well) It was following the band on their UYI tour and it was a lot about Robert John following the band as their official photographer. It was a fucking amazing documentary with some very good interviews on! You wouldnt believe how hard I have tried to get hold of this tape since I fucking lost it. When I bought my first house about 7 years ago, I lost the tape in the move! I have written to the BBC and Channel 4 because I couldnt remember which channel it was on and they both said they would not release old tapes of ole programmes! I have tried to contact other Guns boards to no avail! I am trying with HTGTH seeing as its the best guns board as a last hope that there is someone out there who has this documentary on tape who could record me a copy. Of course I would pay for it! If anyones remembers seeing this documentary I would be very interested to see what your thoughts were on it, and even more excited if you have a copy!!! Please guys and gals anybody?

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 06:11:36 AM »

maybe someones selling a copy of it on e-bay? Or you could try google for more information then try and get it from there.

html sucks
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 06:13:13 AM »

I've got it on tape somewhere. i'll see if i can find it and then i can do you a copy.

It was a great documentary - mostly about Robert John, but had some great shots from some of the 93 tour.

Ha anyone got the documentry the BBC did from istanbul or turkey or somewhere around the same time? with (i think) Tony Anstis(?) presenting it? He got to go on a boating trip with Duff, Dizzy, Slash, Gilby and Matt the day after the gig - but Axl stayed in bed apparently. It was good but he asked Slash really stupid question in the interview and clearly knew very little about GNR. One of the questions was something like "how do you feel when people compare your and Axl's songwriting partnership to Lennon/Mccartney?" and slash was like "well, it's more of a band thing with us, and i would never compare myself or what we do to something as great as lennon/maccartney"
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 08:09:30 AM »

Hey mate thanks fucking amazing ! Thankyou!! Can you PM me when you find and we can sort out sending it to me? I really appreciate it!!!

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 01:49:20 PM »

I've got it on tape somewhere. i'll see if i can find it and then i can do you a copy.

It was a great documentary - mostly about Robert John, but had some great shots from some of the 93 tour.

Ha anyone got the documentry the BBC did from istanbul or turkey or somewhere around the same time? with (i think) Tony Anstis(?) presenting it? He got to go on a boating trip with Duff, Dizzy, Slash, Gilby and Matt the day after the gig - but Axl stayed in bed apparently. It was good but he asked Slash really stupid question in the interview and clearly knew very little about GNR. One of the questions was something like "how do you feel when people compare your and Axl's songwriting partnership to Lennon/Mccartney?" and slash was like "well, it's more of a band thing with us, and i would never compare myself or what we do to something as great as lennon/maccartney"

That documentary was from Athens 93. It was done cause of GNR being exactly  2 years on the road the day they played in Athens.

gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2005, 08:06:10 PM »

1003 i watched guns n roses mtv weekend,and there were some gnr documentary,maybe it is ti

I have never seen so many tree
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 09:00:13 PM »

Havent been able to see it.. but looks pretty cool... hey guys, please upload mp3s files or something.... dont just talk about it...
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 02:17:26 PM »

I have been trying for many years now to get my hands on a recording of a GnR television documentary that was aired in England in 1993 (maybe other countries as well) It was following the band on their UYI tour and it was a lot about Robert John following the band as their official photographer. It was a fucking amazing documentary with some very good interviews on! You wouldnt believe how hard I have tried to get hold of this tape since I fucking lost it. When I bought my first house about 7 years ago, I lost the tape in the move! I have written to the BBC and Channel 4 because I couldnt remember which channel it was on and they both said they would not release old tapes of ole programmes! I have tried to contact other Guns boards to no avail! I am trying with HTGTH seeing as its the best guns board as a last hope that there is someone out there who has this documentary on tape who could record me a copy. Of course I would pay for it! If anyones remembers seeing this documentary I would be very interested to see what your thoughts were on it, and even more excited if you have a copy!!! Please guys and gals anybody?

I thought I would rekindle this old thread of mine. I am still desperate to get my hands on this documentary that I lost. There must ne some fellow Guns fans especially in England who have a copy of this wicked Guns documentary. I dont know what other countries it was aired in. I have tried e-bay, amazon, google, and about all other avenues that I can think of, even BBC archives and they wont release any tapes of old programmes they aired. I am begging anyone please help me here!! I would appreciate it so much! Cheers Mike

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 06:56:22 PM »

I think I have it somewhere but it's probably on VCD so I can't put it up on DIME  Undecided

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 11:37:18 PM »

I think I have it somewhere but it's probably on VCD so I can't put it up on DIME  Undecided

Damn.  Tongue

Fuck 'Em All.
anythinggoes
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 02:50:23 AM »

i have a version i transfered to DVD quality is really good give me a heads up ill do a copy for you
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 05:11:57 AM »

i have a version i transfered to DVD quality is really good give me a heads up ill do a copy for you

Upload it on Dime.

Fuck 'Em All.
anythinggoes
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 05:19:54 AM »

Upload it on Dime.

sorry i dont use torrent and where was the please ?
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2005, 03:53:19 AM »

Hello there mate! Fucking cool! Cheers! I have been trying for so long to get hold of this! How do I go about getting hold of it from you? Do you want any money for it? I really appreciate this!! Mike

fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2005, 06:43:17 AM »

I have this on dvd.  If your talking about Robert John's documentary? 

Included scenes of Axl circa 93, getting interviewed in his 'red manson gear'?

Jarl
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2005, 11:53:24 AM »

You are talking about 2 things here.
The Robert John The Photographic History, and the MTV Guns N' Roses Weekend of 29/30 May 1993.
Both are around on dvd.
From the Robert John there are 3 versions i think.
And from the mtv weekend there are also 3 versions.
1 of 1 dvd and 2 of 2 dvd's
Don't think they can be torrented on Dime because they have lots of official tracks on there.

Johan
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 11:57:01 AM by Jarl » Logged

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 12:56:23 PM »

the MTV Guns N' Roses Weekend of 29/30 May 1993.
Both are around on dvd.
And from the mtv weekend there are also 3 versions.
1 of 1 dvd and 2 of 2 dvd'
Johan

Does anyone know how I can get a copy of this? I have never seen that and it would be great to see!

BORN TO DIE
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2005, 05:27:58 AM »

you can download from the hub or trackerr.. Huh

WHY DONT YOU JUST.....FUCK OFF

HOPE U NEVER FIND HOB 01.01.2001 (LMAO )

Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2005, 05:41:07 AM »

you can download from the hub or trackerr.. Huh

Hey cheers mate! The only thing is I am not a very technical person! What the fuck is a hub or tracker? Mike

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: