Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:28:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  In defense of "The Spaghetti Incident?"
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: In defense of "The Spaghetti Incident?"  (Read 33577 times)
joeyramone
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2005, 11:20:12 PM »

it sucks that it was their last album w/ slash, duff etc but if they didnt release it, then GnR would only have 4 (technically 3 if you see UYI's as one album release) records which isnt alot for a band of that caliber
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 11:21:50 PM by joeyramone » Logged
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2005, 01:11:08 AM »

All these songs are much better than the oringinals and are great.

Christ!
Jesus Tap Dancing Christ
Shame On You

Just download Attitude by the Misfits

TSI is ok but you can Wipe my Balls With a Warm Wet Rag with comments like that

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Dust N Rose
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2005, 08:19:34 AM »

I don't know what's exactly going on with that record.
I remember my cousin saying he bought it when it came out while he thought it would be like Illussions and it was miserable.
Perhaps, I wouldn't say it was a good album if I wasn't a gn'r fan. So TSI goes more to the gn'r fans more than the occasional listeners.
While it seems to be a little mediocre, I enjoy listening almost every track. I like "You can't put your arms around a memory" more than "Since I don't have you". I like duff singing every song. "Ain't it fun" has an extreme tune (in the beggining at least). "Down on the farm" is one of the most rocker songs I ever heard. Every song has its beauty and its defect.
Other problem with this album is the opening stuff with the drums in every song, the one-two-three stuff at every intro of a song; it's a little annoying (except in "Human Being" with Axl screaming ok). Another problem are the songs order. They should do a better order to the songs. e.g. Down on the Farm is a cool song but noone was used to hear Axl singing that way.
All in all, I think TSI is a bunch of some moderato but still cool songs.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2005, 09:42:09 AM »

I haven't listened to TSI in 10 years, but today I'm dusting it off and gonna give it a spin. I hated this damn album when it was released, well hated is a bit strong but I only liked "Hair of the Dog" and "Down on the Farm" (When everything smells like horse shit!! Down here on the Farm" rofl funny as hell). I'm gonna try to be objective and I'll post my opinions.

HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2005, 12:22:13 PM »

I didn't like TSI. I can stomach a handful of the songs, but most of it just grates. I haven't listened to it in years - in fact, I have no idea whether I still have the cd. It is, for me, a completely disposable chapter in GNR's history.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2005, 01:59:47 PM »

Well....

I finished listening to it.....

Ya know what?

I just doesn't work for me. I don't know.

"Down on the Farm" is still pretty wicked. (the fake accent and the Horse Shit part are awesome!!! ok )
"Hair of the Dog" is ok (the orig is better)
"Since I don't Have You" is alright I guess. (It's as fucking weird now as when it came out)
I really enjoyed "Ain't it Fun"

The rest, blah.  Never been a fan of Duff's vocals. "Look At Your Game girl" is boring even with the controversy. (I fuckin' hate hidden tracks too, btw, I remember feeling, in '93, as though they copied the idea from Nirvana's Nevermind)

And on top of everything, I've never been a fan of Punk Music, so I'm not surprised by my opinion of TSI. A band with so much talent could've done so much better. I know... I know... it was recorded in spurts during the UYI tour and was supposed to hold us over til the new album but...  rant how the fuck is that peice of crap supposed to hold me over for a week, let alone 12 fuckin' years!!!!  rant

In short, I thought TSI was crap in 1993, and I still think it's crap in 2005.

usurper
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2005, 11:03:57 AM »

I think it would have been better if they never released it.
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2005, 12:36:52 PM »

It was an awesome idea...but bad execution.

Imagine a whole album similar to GNR Lies A side.

Just 12 punk songs recorded really raw in front of a crowd. Do a mini tour, 10 dates, in a club atmosphere, pick the best recordings....release it with very few touchups.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2005, 01:39:25 PM »

I don't see it as an awesome idea.  but it's OK.

Possibly an album of all covers is a sign that the band has exhausted the creative power.
Sorta like the stage of ennui in band life?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 01:41:26 PM by ppbebe » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2005, 01:47:52 PM »

It took having no new GnR to take a serious listen to this album. I also find that there is so little new music that is any good I tend to go back through albums I never really listened to and give them more of a try. This is one example of that.

I learned to like this album for what it was. Still my least favorite GnR album, but I don't think it sucks like some people do. I like "Black Leather" the best.
Fudgin_Hell
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2005, 09:46:12 AM »

TSI is cool it's jus a tragedy that nothin has come out since then crying

where i live it is mocked heavily

If we are frustrated at waiting for Chinesse Democracy, imagine how the Chinesse feel...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2005, 10:39:12 AM »

i think it would have done and still would do lot better, if gnr would`ve just released it as "the punk ep" and put the seven best songs on it. it`s a real problem i think that it`s considerd a real album, because otherwise it would be seen as what it really is: a fun project.

but in reallity TSI is compared to the other gnr albums (by the public, not by the fanbase) and you know, in comparison it just sucks.

@ joeyramone  i think it wouldn`t be bad if gnr would only have 2 albums (lies is imo no real album), because what they accomplished with those 2 albums is what other bands did with 15 albums.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2005, 08:16:27 PM »

I take this album entirely for what it was meant to be..a cover cd. I personally love the majority of tracks on it, or especially Hair of the Dog, New Rose, Down on the Farm, Black Leather, and Aint it Fun. I think that had an album of new material been released as it was originally intended to be right after TSI, the album definately wouldnt get the negativity it does. A sub-par cover album as the last effort by one of the greatest RnR bands of all time isnt really a treasured album for me at least..

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2005, 03:58:39 AM »

I think its a quality listen.  People have to keep in mind it is a cover album.  I know we'd rather the last release from the band not be a cover album, but at the time Axl probably didn't figure it would be the last full length album GN'R would release.  They did have plans for a new album, things obviously didn't work out.  It was just something to tide fans over until the next full length original release...just like GN'R Lies was.  The covers themselves are good.  In fact I've heard most of the originals, and I like pretty much all of the GN'R versions better. 

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2005, 07:05:19 PM »

I havent been able to listen to all the TSI songs, but  I have listened to DOWN ON THE FARM (LIVE) and damn... it really kicks ass.... its an excellent version when original members were still together... even with Steven adler...

I wonder if you know what other TSI song, GNR has played LIVE?
thanks dudes
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2005, 02:16:20 AM »

They play Attitude on the Tokyo DVD with Duff on vocals.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2005, 03:28:03 PM »

Although I'm glad TSI was released, there really isn't a good reason for it to have come out. Zero promotion. Picture of Axl's shoes. Duff doing vocals on half the album. The band just didnt care. And its no surprise that most of the fans didnt care either.

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2005, 08:28:16 PM »

The covers themselves are good.? In fact I've heard most of the originals, and I like pretty much all of the GN'R versions better.?

This is the 4th time someone mentioned this, but i dont think its fair for the original bands who actually wrote and played the songs, to say the GNR versions were better. If thats all that matters to get credibility, Motley Crue would cover all of Metallica's songs and U2 cover all of Pink Floyds songs and claim their versions are better. Its kind of ridiculous to claim TSI because of that reason.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2005, 04:08:50 AM »

I hear ya with that.  I'm not trying to say that they should get credit for the songs or whatever.  I'm just saying I prefer to listen to the GN'R versions of the songs.  But the bands that wrote the songs should be credited, they're their songs.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: