Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:10:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  College ad protests Bush visit
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: College ad protests Bush visit  (Read 8695 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2005, 01:09:03 PM »

haha, right.

Or the guy who hasn't bothered to read anything past the headlines.

By the same token, SLCPUNK, who knows more about whether the Iraq war is justified or not?

The American soldiers in the trenches? (Who overwhelmingly support the war)

Or the guy who's seemingly sole purpose in life is to bitch about it day after day on a GN'R fanboard?

Funny thing, you are here too talking about it, so what does that make you?

There are plenty of people who are against the war that have and are serving, you just talk out your ass.

My family, and my wifes are military and AGAINST the war.

Just like more than half the country is against the war, but nevermind that either.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2005, 01:22:55 PM »

Lets put this in the smallest form for you: The law mandates changes without giving the funding to carry them out.

Get it?

Bush says "we will give this much funding" (cheers and applause), then provides less funding (reality).

Smoke and mirrors.

Just because he says he is raising the limit, does not mean he will use that limit, and in fact he uses less.

You guys are are stubborn and won't admit anything, while states are begining to protest this bill, pass laws NOT to use it, and sue the government for the reasons I listed above.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2005, 01:32:05 PM »

so basically bush is doing a great job keeping his religious beliefs out of his political decisions (despite what all the liberals try to portray).

if you think utah is turning their backs on bush, you must have missed the election last year. bush won utah's 5 electoral votes in a landslide (and the NCLB concerns had already been going on for quite some time at that point).

HUH? Bush says God plays an important role in his decisions, all the time.

Guess you should get tested for your reading comprehension. I said Utah was one of the biggest Bush supporters last election. That is the point genius, that such a supporter would turn their back on his bill and feel betrayed enough to pass laws to NOT USE IT.

Damn....I mean...do you read at all?

* Connecticut's attorney general said today that he was preparing to sue the federal government over President Bush's signature education-reform law, arguing that it forces Connecticut to administer new standardized tests at a cost of millions of dollars and that Washington refuses to pay for them.

* The education commissioner in Texas unilaterally decided Washington's requirements were flawed, and she simply disregarded part of them - a kind of civil disobedience.

* Utah, the state that gave Mr. Bush his biggest win last November, is about to provide the most stinging rebuke yet to NCLB. In a special session, the state Senate is expected to pass overwhelmingly a bill to ensure that in a conflict between state and federal education regulations, Utah's rules will trump Washington's dictates.

* The state is also arguing that because Washington is not providing enough money to implement its requirements, NCLB is essentially an unfunded mandate and this is in violation of its own law.

GnRNightrain
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2005, 04:31:24 PM »

haha, right.

Or the guy who hasn't bothered to read anything past the headlines.

By the same token, SLCPUNK, who knows more about whether the Iraq war is justified or not?

The American soldiers in the trenches? (Who overwhelmingly support the war)

Or the guy who's seemingly sole purpose in life is to bitch about it day after day on a GN'R fanboard?

Funny thing, you are here too talking about it, so what does that make you?

There are plenty of people who are against the war that have and are serving, you just talk out your ass.

My family, and my wifes are military and AGAINST the war.

Just like more than half the country is against the war, but nevermind that either.
In other words he has no argument against your post that made him look dumb.

Over 75% of the troops voted for Bush's reelection. 
sandman
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2005, 04:54:29 PM »

so basically bush is doing a great job keeping his religious beliefs out of his political decisions (despite what all the liberals try to portray).

if you think utah is turning their backs on bush, you must have missed the election last year. bush won utah's 5 electoral votes in a landslide (and the NCLB concerns had already been going on for quite some time at that point).

HUH? Bush says God plays an important role in his decisions, all the time.

Guess you should get tested for your reading comprehension. I said Utah was one of the biggest Bush supporters last election. That is the point genius, that such a supporter would turn their back on his bill and feel betrayed enough to pass laws to NOT USE IT.

Damn....I mean...do you read at all?

* Connecticut's attorney general said today that he was preparing to sue the federal government over President Bush's signature education-reform law, arguing that it forces Connecticut to administer new standardized tests at a cost of millions of dollars and that Washington refuses to pay for them.

* The education commissioner in Texas unilaterally decided Washington's requirements were flawed, and she simply disregarded part of them - a kind of civil disobedience.

* Utah, the state that gave Mr. Bush his biggest win last November, is about to provide the most stinging rebuke yet to NCLB. In a special session, the state Senate is expected to pass overwhelmingly a bill to ensure that in a conflict between state and federal education regulations, Utah's rules will trump Washington's dictates.

* The state is also arguing that because Washington is not providing enough money to implement its requirements, NCLB is essentially an unfunded mandate and this is in violation of its own law.

you must not have read the last part of my post, OR the articles you got your info from.

utah's beef with NCLB has been going on for a few years now. they complained and tried to opt out of it long before last year's election.

yet he still won in a landslide in utah. therefore, my point is that yes, many in utah disagree with bush regarding NCLB. BUT, that does not mean that they turning their backs on him.

i know that's a little hard to understand. but remember, most bush supporters are critical of bush on some issues. we do not just blindly support him. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pekstein
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2005, 09:40:38 PM »

Lets put this in the smallest form for you: The law mandates changes without giving the funding to carry them out.

read this: 

Did You Know?

Total K-12 federal spending has already increased by 35 percent, or $9.7 billion, under President Bush. If the President's FY 2005 budget is enacted, funding will have increased by 39%.

http://www.ed.gov/news/newsletters/extracredit/2004/10/1015.html

and then check out this chart.  this chart represents actual education spending.  not what was promised, but what was actually spent.   notice the increase between 2000 and 2002.  if the chart went up to today, it would show a continued increase.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Features/Issues2004/images/7398487.gif

so slcpunk stop lying. whether you want to admit it or not, bush has increased federal education spending.  THAT IS A FACT.  bush is a big spending liberal.  so get over it. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: