Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:14:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  New Song Sound Sample (Come on Come in)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Song Sound Sample (Come on Come in)  (Read 35787 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2005, 12:48:38 PM »

i think slash is loosing it. at least he isn't so overpowering here. in the old days ( gn'r Snakepit, and even sum VR stuff) u could pick right away that was a slash riff and sound. this isn't he's ordinary stuff.
i don't dislike it. but it's not my kind of music either. at least they're making money and they r happy
hooray for slash and the boys? beer

I think you are wrong I have no indecation from this clip.. There's no guitar to really get into yet.. Snakepit and gnr was all about heavy ass riffs and long solos.. this is more of a team effort and maybe really long deep solos isn't what they are going for.. At least not gnr like solos.. I really like contraband, I think people in general expect way to much and are always looking at negative things..
I just say wait until you hear the entire song..  I know nothing aboutit, was it in the out take xtras from their looking for a singer days, is it new, did they make an extra effort being so buys with the tour?  It's a track for a movie that no one will remember
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2005, 12:56:02 PM »

cant understand why people think that song rocks. Compare it to any VR song and its mediocore and weak. Defo rushed to get out for the movie. Hopefully the album will have more put into it.

html sucks
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2005, 01:11:30 PM »

you people actually think they'll waste their best song on a soundtrack?! they wrote this song on the spot for the movie. The best song will be the 1st single off the new album
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2005, 02:24:14 PM »

you people actually think they'll waste their best song on a soundtrack?!

yeah, who would actually put a good song on a soundtrack ?  Roll Eyes *cough*youcouldbemine*cough*

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2005, 02:26:32 PM »

you people actually think they'll waste their best song on a soundtrack?!

yeah, who would actually put a good song on a soundtrack ?  Roll Eyes *cough*youcouldbemine*cough*

You Could be Mine wasn't on a soundtrack it was used in a movie ,but wasn't on the soundtrack.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2005, 02:29:38 PM »

Does anybody know what happened to the song from the Batman Begins soundtrack?

This is it.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2005, 03:17:32 PM »

Is the only old school Slash on all of contraband the solo to Slither?  That is a bad azz solo.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2005, 03:38:28 PM »

to me this sample sounds like everything velvet revolver did before. i think it has the same quality as contraband, which i think was average.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2005, 03:51:42 PM »

such optomistic people.. Why not wait until you hear the entire song before anyone makes judgment?/ I don't know if it's the first 35 second, the middle 35 seconds or what.. It's easier to cast an opinion after you hear the entire thing.. When I first heard IRS I said let me hear it first before I bash or love it..
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2005, 04:17:28 PM »

Listen I'm old-school in which I won't listen to anything on the net.  Ok maybe I'll take a little listen smoking, but lets not judge this song by a crappy audio stream.  Lets wait for the song to hit on CD or radio. ok

deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2005, 06:38:09 PM »

I like what i hear so far so good. I think this song build up to a heavy chorus and solo. I could be wrong .  It definitely has an STP feel to it which isn't a bad thing at all. Production sounds alot more crisp as well.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2005, 06:44:02 PM »

I like it. The guitars are heavier than anything i've heard in Contraband. As long as Scott dont ruin the chorus with bad lyrics like Superhuman, then Come on Come In rocks!!  beer
badapple81
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2005, 05:52:05 AM »

I'll wait to hear more, but the 35 seconds didn't excite me too much at this stage.

jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2005, 03:59:44 AM »

Hey all, I saw VR live last night for the first time, and they played this song in it's entirety. It fucking rocks, that's all I can say.

Slash has definitely not lost it, the solo to this song kicks ass let me tell you, and there are some nice breakdowns. People are comparing it to Slither, I think it's miles ahead of Slither!

I must admit however at first I thought it was some STP cover (not too familiar with their catalogue), but then realised it was all VR when Slash tore up the stage with his solo.

Don't write off this song based on this little 35 second soundclip!

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2005, 04:34:16 AM »

Hey all, I saw VR live last night for the first time, and they played this song in it's entirety. It fucking rocks, that's all I can say.

Slash has definitely not lost it, the solo to this song kicks ass let me tell you, and there are some nice breakdowns. People are comparing it to Slither, I think it's miles ahead of Slither!

I must admit however at first I thought it was some STP cover (not too familiar with their catalogue), but then realised it was all VR when Slash tore up the stage with his solo.

That was a nice post... Hopefully they'll play it in Greece too...

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2005, 09:12:37 AM »

nice my friend heard it on radio in Jersey and said the same thing! Can't wait to hear this song!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2005, 12:32:39 PM »

maybe someone recorded it? Also remember anything can sound good live. Even metallicas st anger stuff is decent live.

html sucks
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2005, 03:59:43 PM »

such optomistic people.. Why not wait until you hear the entire song before anyone makes judgment?/ I don't know if it's the first 35 second, the middle 35 seconds or what.. It's easier to cast an opinion after you hear the entire thing.. When I first heard IRS I said let me hear it first before I bash or love it..

I have to agree I will make judgement on the song when I hear the full version!

EEEERRRR Little boy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2005, 04:55:54 PM »

so they played it live, that's fucking great.. What as nice treat when a song is new/// I would love to hear it.. It's already on the radio too... beer
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2005, 05:00:20 PM »

i havent heard it

html sucks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: