Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 09:02:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Jesus Died of DVT?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jesus Died of DVT?  (Read 10083 times)
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2005, 02:18:28 PM »

The Jewish calendar was Lunar it was 354 days long and an extra month was added every leap year.

I have to say Izzy has made some great points in this thread, the bible's stories are just parables

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2005, 02:34:25 PM »

. i could be super trivial and say that other people in the bible lived for 50 years or whatever under what would have been the same system of measurement that resulted in adam living for 900years but honestly its pointless.

Ur right - back 2-3 thousand years ago u'd get many, many people living to be 80 for instance, its just the average was pretty low - in the UK in 1900 the life expectancy for a man was 40, in 1900!

But its just not plausible they lived to be a thousand but God shortened their wicked little lives....

I have to say Izzy has made some great points in this thread, the bible's stories are just parables

Thanks Smiley

Though i don't think the bible is all fiction

I'm sure much of the Bible is true, or pretty close? - i'd imagine much of the New Testament is fairly true (i.e the people, the places, and the main events)

But - miracles for instance - i'm sure they are a stylistic device - all the good writers exaggerate a little bit to make the story more intresting - i.e Jesus buys a load of wine and delivers it unannounced when they were short of it - where did it come from people say? It must have been a miracle!

His curing of Lazarus - think about it, what a modern doctor does would seem a miracle 2000 years ago - these peoples limited education meant they were easily impressed remember, the simplist thing would seem a miracle - after all, if u went to some isolated Amazon tribe and showed them ur ''amazing'' mobile phone - they would believe u were talking with the spirit world.

Between the fundamentalists and the non-believers the Bible has been made to seem far more confusing than it is - its the points it made i.e ''don't steal'' that are important NOT how come on the road to wherever Jesus's disciples couldn't recognise him a week after they'd last seen him....Moses wasn't really walking the desert for 40 years, that's just obvious, but if the writer had said 4 days it wouldn't seem very impresive would it?

After thousands of years and a hundred translations - which weren't even started on till hundreds of years later! - is it really surprising there are inconsistencies? After all witnesses at the scene of an accident will all give different accounts, so disciples writing decades later can be forgiven

Quick! To the bandwagon!
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2005, 08:19:12 PM »

you dont take insults from a person seeing a psychiatrist ?? thats a pretty stupid thing to say

Ur forgiven hihi - there is a backstory to all this, if u wish to find it out check back through past threads - the idea of a 'wacko' psychonalanysising me is curious to say the least

and if you think that the only reason for a person to go with a psychiatrist its because they are crazy then you are not as inteligent as you tried to show with your posts .

Often, i include a certain tongue in cheek element to my posts, such posts wording are not to be taken too literally - rather the essence of the point will be more important. When i choose to be serious it will be very apparent.

And my post most definetly was NOT trying to seem intelligent...if u thought it was, thanks, but it was just making one basic point - Jesus did exist and was cruxified

On topic,

i'm surprised doctors have struggled for so long to work out how Jesus died - i'd have thought being severely beaten, crucified and then impaled with a spear and the subsequent blood loss was a pretty straight forward explanation - but if they think so, cool.

ok sorry Izzy  ok
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2005, 01:23:58 AM »

Though i don't think the bible is all fiction

I'm sure much of the Bible is true, or pretty close? - i'd imagine much of the New Testament is fairly true (i.e the people, the places, and the main events)

But - miracles for instance - i'm sure they are a stylistic device - all the good writers exaggerate a little bit to make the story more intresting - i.e Jesus buys a load of wine and delivers it unannounced when they were short of it - where did it come from people say? It must have been a miracle!

His curing of Lazarus - think about it, what a modern doctor does would seem a miracle 2000 years ago - these peoples limited education meant they were easily impressed remember, the simplist thing would seem a miracle - after all, if u went to some isolated Amazon tribe and showed them ur ''amazing'' mobile phone - they would believe u were talking with the spirit world.

Between the fundamentalists and the non-believers the Bible has been made to seem far more confusing than it is - its the points it made i.e ''don't steal'' that are important NOT how come on the road to wherever Jesus's disciples couldn't recognise him a week after they'd last seen him....Moses wasn't really walking the desert for 40 years, that's just obvious, but if the writer had said 4 days it wouldn't seem very impresive would it?

After thousands of years and a hundred translations - which weren't even started on till hundreds of years later! - is it really surprising there are inconsistencies? After all witnesses at the scene of an accident will all give different accounts, so disciples writing decades later can be forgiven

i guess some people take the bible for what it is. there IS a general message of how to be a good person and live a good life in there. the inconsistencies in there though force people to choose parts of the bible to follow while ignoring others. all in all its not the holy all righteous book some people claim it is and its not to be taken too seriously (in regards to facts myths miracles all that mumbo jumbo).

i have a problem with the people that DO think its the holy all righteous book.........but then only choose to follow or acknowledge whatever principles they choose in the Bible that suites them.
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2005, 12:23:20 AM »

Only scum was crucified and not everyone believes jesus was enither scum or a political activist.

Therefore, prove he was crucified.

And for the love of god, read, because although our beliefs are different, you don"t have to attack me on something world scientists and historians can't agree on themselves.

You hide, sometimes, your lack of knowledge, by agressivity.

What do you do to women when they disagree ?

I Like You.

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2005, 01:06:10 AM »

meh what does it amtter anythign can be warped over 2000 yrs anyway... hell if it spin it right now... i could have been king of Cupids...

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: