Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:41:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  "Wasted Time" about Steven Adler
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Wasted Time" about Steven Adler  (Read 24433 times)
tomass74
Legend

« on: June 15, 2005, 02:20:32 PM »

Former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach invited Swedish pop singer Sofia to sing with him on stage at this past weekend's Sweden Rock Festival.

Together they performed "Wasted Time" and this is what Sebastian had to say about the song:

?This song means a lot to me because this was one tracks that I wrote back in 1991 about my friend Steven Adler".

I always knew it was about a friend, but I never knew it was about Steven Adler... I always liked that song too..  It totally fits Steven too..

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 04:18:09 PM »

Former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach invited Swedish pop singer Sofia to sing with him on stage at this past weekend's Sweden Rock Festival.

Together they performed "Wasted Time" and this is what Sebastian had to say about the song:

?This song means a lot to me because this was one tracks that I wrote back in 1991 about my friend Steven Adler".

I always knew it was about a friend, but I never knew it was about Steven Adler... I always liked that song too..? It totally fits Steven too..
Great song, one of their best good to see he still performs it since Skid Row don't anymore, makes so much sense listening to the lyrics that it was about him pretty cool thing to know, seem to be so many links between my favourite bands.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 02:29:04 AM »

Why dont Bach go sing for Adler's appetite

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 06:29:22 AM »

Why dont Bach go sing for Adler's appetite

A) He's already got his band who are getting ready to release an album.
B) Adler might be worried like Slash/Duff that they'd sound too much like Skid Row.
C) Maybe they were more 'friends' back then, maybe they're 'friends' who haven't spoken in years.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 04:13:51 PM »

Yeah, it makes perfect sense that that song would be about Steve, but I never knew it.  I love that song, and now knowing what its about I love it even more. 

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 05:46:39 PM »

Waisted Time was one of the first Skid Row songs i ever heard and i was hooked straight up!!

Steven Adler hey yes    makes total sence now!!   he should have been that kid in the film clip Huh

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
duffsgal
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 01:51:56 AM »

I think it is so cool that Sebastian wrote that song about Steven.?
I believe that are still friends and are still in contact.

Welcome to the Jungle Baby
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 10:40:22 AM »

Yeah, that's one of the best power ballads from that time. Had I knew it back in 91, I would have loved that fact even more 2 of my top 5 bands of all time, wrapped together by more than just great music.. Strange that we haven't heard about this until now?

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 04:09:28 AM »

Great song from a great album. Slave to the Grind is one of the most underrated albums of all time. The band went all out on this record, put their debut to shame, and then grunge quickly killed their career. A tragedy. Oh well, they could have never of topped this album anyways. The only kick ass song they did after the Slave' album was "Into Another". That Subhuman Race album sucked. They were trying to resurrect their career with that album, they even got some media attention when they came back in 95 with 'Subhuman'. But considering it had only one good song, that most people didn't even like, they quickly faded away.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 09:58:32 PM »

Without going too much off topic, I though Subhuman Race was great album and I recently dug it out again to have a listen and it still sounds quite good and it has plenty of great songs on there - My Enemy, Firesign, Eileen, Into Another (best song on the album) and Breakin' Down.

Wasted Time is a great song too, but I would've never thought it was Steven Adler.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 04:14:04 AM »

Take a close look at the lyrics, metallex...that totally fits Steve.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2005, 09:49:47 PM »

Yeah, there's no denying the lyrics, I just never knew that Steven Adler and Sebastian Bach were that close friends.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2005, 11:31:12 PM »

Neither did I.  When Skid Row toured with GN'R Steve was already out of the band.  Does anybody know how they knew each other?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Sudz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2005, 11:22:41 PM »

I don't know where they met, but in an interview I read once (I think it was in Rolling Stone) it's mentioned that the night Axl got arrested for assaulting his neighbour (made famous in Right Next Door to Hell), that Sebastian Bach was at his house, so the 2 bands must have known each other way before they toured together. Although the fact that Sebastian wrote the song probably explains why Rachel Bolan calls it the "biggest piece of shit we've ever recorded". And to whoever liked Subhuman Race....I think we are the only 2 people on earth!!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2005, 01:09:51 AM »

Make it 3 Sudz, Subhuman Race is a kickass album.  What happened bewteen the Skid Row guys that there's so much bad blood?  I never heard of any specific incident that broke them up.  Its a shame...they were an excellent band.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2005, 01:57:37 AM »

Skid Row was a great band, but Subhuman Race was not the album to make a comeback with. It was weak. Also, 1995 was not a good year for them to attempt their comeback. They should have waited a few more years. Hell, Slash's Snakepit sold more albums then Skid Row did that year.

Sudz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2005, 03:38:13 AM »

Make it 3 Sudz, Subhuman Race is a kickass album.  What happened bewteen the Skid Row guys that there's so much bad blood?  I never heard of any specific incident that broke them up.  Its a shame...they were an excellent band.

My impression of the situation was that is wasn't much different than Guns N' Roses. On the Slave to the Grind Tour basically the band broke up into 2 factions, Scotti Hill and Baz on one side and Rachel and Snake on the other with Rob being the airhead drummer who just wanted to party and get laid. Supposedly Sebastian Bach started hanging out in own bus on the road and his ego blew up. From what I've read, his attitude pissed off Rachel the most with Snake a close second. They went in and recorded Subhuman Race as an unhappy band and when it did so shitty there was no point in making any more records.

The closest thing I've heard to a specific incident, is that Skid Row was invited to open for Kiss in New Jersey. Bach really wanted to do the show and the rest of them didn't. I found this quote about it from Sebastian....

Hey . tons of you are asking what's up with skid. the answer is NOTHING . i have not seen them since august '96 & the last time i talked to them on the phone was at christmas when 3 out of 5 of them turned down playing with KISS on new years eve in our hometown ( great career move). i talked to my lawyer yesterday & he said the 4 of them are playing together under a different band name, NOT " skid row" . there is NO "skid row " at this time BY THEIR CHOICE not mine . what i want you all to know is this:
I HAVE NOT , WOULD NEVER , WILL NEVER QUIT SKID ROW. THE MUSIC MEANS FAR TOO MUCH TO ME TO EVER MAKE THAT AN OPTION.

Later on he also said....
when i asked rob about why we couldn't play on new years with KISS his exact words were , "it's rachel. he just doesn't want to do the band anymore". that hurt. but life sometimes does. that was HARD. but life sometimes is .  it's what you do with hurt that counts. i've turned mine into music. i hope you dig it.

As for the what the real story is, I've read a bunch of interviews and Rachel and Snake seem to genuinely despise Sebastian Bach. With Gn'R usually Slash or Duff or whoever will say something to the effect that Axl is a giant dickhead, but they never deny that he's also a genius. With Skid Row, they just trash each other constantly. The good part of that is there's no shortage of quotes!
TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 11:44:34 PM »

You and I together in our lives
Sacred ties would never fray
Then why cant I let myself tell lies
And watch you die every day

I think back to the times
When dreams were what mattered
Tough talking youth naivete

You said you never let me down
But the horse stampedes and rages