Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 09:27:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chris Cornell on '92 GNR/Axl
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Cornell on '92 GNR/Axl  (Read 39757 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2005, 11:16:52 PM »

LOL! Dave, are you one of those people who think Axl has 50 to 200 songs locked in that 'secret vault'?

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2005, 11:21:13 PM »

LOL! Dave, are you one of those people who think Axl has 50 to 200 songs locked in that 'secret vault'?

No but 70 is a good guess since they said they have about 30 to pick from for CD, plus all those other songs they trashed that were going to be all techno and stuff.? 70 is probably pushing it. But they have at least 30-40 easily. Just go gather all  the track list titles, then think there is double that since there are a bunch that are not even named in interviews.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 11:23:55 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2005, 11:25:10 PM »

Falcon, it is a fact. I witnessed it firsthand in July 1991. Greatest show in history. When Axl is in 'the zone', there isn't anyone better. Why do you think he became such an egomaniac? Because he had blown entire continents away with his performances. I take it that you've only heard bootlegs from those days. A bootleg doesn't give you the full GNR experience. You have to be there to witness it, and feel it. The music was so loud I could literally feel it going through my body, and the band was perfect. A truly mindblowing experience. ?

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2005, 11:32:30 PM »

Dave, I actually think 30 is pushing it. Remember, alot of the song titles we've heard about are mostly fakes. And to the people who believe Axl has 50 to 200 songs, I have two words that blows that out of the water: 'Riyadh','Silkworms'. If he had that many songs to choose from, we would have never heard these two songs. And if he does have 50-200 songs to choose from, and he chose these two worthy out of his vault, CD is in BIG trouble.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2005, 11:34:29 PM »

I take it that you've only heard bootlegs from those days. ?

Nope, I saw them live in OKC in '92, he was not good at all. ?Saw them in '87 opening for The Cult in Dallas and he was on his game..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2005, 11:42:01 PM »

Yeah, they went down a little in 92. Maybe you made a good call on that. But in 1991, it was pure magic. Man, I would have loved to have seen that Cult/GNR show. You're a lucky man!

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #166 on: July 16, 2005, 11:50:31 PM »

Man, I would have loved to have seen that Cult/GNR show. You're a lucky man!

Ya, it was sight to behold.  The Cult have always been my favorite band and GNR was still raw and hungry, much better than they were in the bloated era..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2005, 05:27:50 AM »

Dave, I actually think 30 is pushing it. Remember, alot of the song titles we've heard about are mostly fakes. And to the people who believe Axl has 50 to 200 songs, I have two words that blows that out of the water: 'Riyadh','Silkworms'. If he had that many songs to choose from, we would have never heard these two songs. And if he does have 50-200 songs to choose from, and he chose these two worthy out of his vault, CD is in BIG trouble.

How are they fakes when they come from Axl himself from mag interviews and people that have worked on the album?

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: July 17, 2005, 08:00:16 AM »

People need to do some research before opening their pie holes.

Moby said back in 99 - I believe it was 99 maybe 2000- that Axl had 4 albums worth of material, that was 6 years ago !

70 songs fully structured(not necessarily polished) is a good guess.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: July 17, 2005, 08:02:06 AM »

Rhyad is awesome, naysayer.  Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #170 on: July 17, 2005, 01:38:04 PM »

Wooody Cheesy how nice to see a logical person existing!!! "dozens" usually means 20~100, doznay?
Give us hellva silkworms, Riyadh n the Bedouins!

The Cult have always been my favorite band
And the singer of the cult was also said to be an asshole. hihi

Could be Fuji Blimp was a joke since Axl is a kind of guy who cracks up jokes all the time according to Sean Beaven. Just some ppl don't (want to) get it.

To say grunge should have been killed while admitting it brought so many good things to the scene doesn't hold water. Besides nothing can stop it once it starts. That would be like swimming against the inevitable current of history.

Many say Grunge was to the 90s US music scene what punk was to that of the UK in the '70s. Both movements had no clear musical definition of the genres. Punk was more about the fashion and the attitude of fuck the establishment and the spirit of do-it-yourself.  And grunge was...I donno how to put it.

Both made a clean sweep of people's stereotypes in music. Perhaps not that clean but almost.
Neither of which I witnessed.

Personally I want CD to sound like no other album particular than Chinese Democracy.

If Chinese Democracy is going to do "nevermind" or "Nevermind the bollocks" to the GN'R fandom, I will be as happy as a maniac.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 01:39:45 PM by ppbebe » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2005, 02:09:18 PM »

Brian May said Axl had 2 or 3 albums worth of songs like 5 years ago, so that is at least 45 songs, so take that plus the songs gnr have written after brian may heard the songs, its easy that Axl has upwards of 70 songs. I dont know what is so hard to believe about that. No one is saying they are all A list but this new bands plan was to put out 3 albums plus B sides. So how may songs would you think they had when Axl said that??

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #172 on: July 17, 2005, 06:04:45 PM »

When Moby talked about CD, he wasn't referring to whole albums. It was just little snippets of songs, and song ideas. When Brian May mentioned CD, it was all instrumentals, no complete songs. Dave, Axl has not mentioned 70 songs. I think you need to go reread those articles.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #173 on: July 17, 2005, 06:18:06 PM »

Or rather you need to go and read them on the main site.

Loder: How much stuff have you got for this new album? You've been working on this for a long time. Is there just tons of material?
Rose: We've been working on, I don't know, 70 songs.
Loder: Oh!
Rose: The record will be about, anywhere from 16 to 18 songs, but we recorded at least two albums' worth of material that is solidly recorded. But we are working on a lot more songs than that at the same time... in that way, what we're doing is exploring so, you know, you get a good idea, you save it, and then maybe you come back to it later, or maybe you get a good idea and you go, "That's really cool, but that's not what we're looking for. Okay, let's try something new." You know, basically taking the advance money for the record and actually spending it on the record.

Axl Rose - A conversation with Kurt Loder
MTV US November 8th 1999
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #174 on: July 17, 2005, 06:26:27 PM »

You need to read between the lines. Before he says 70 songs, he says I dont know. The 'two albums solidly recorded' line is obviously an outright lie. Its funny how most of you people take what Axl says as the gospel truth, when he has had nothing to back up any of his statements. The only confirmed songs are those he mentioned to Spin,RS,etc. It doesn't add up to 70.

badapple81
« Reply #175 on: July 17, 2005, 06:41:14 PM »

You need to read between the lines. Before he says 70 songs, he says I dont know. The 'two albums solidly recorded' line is obviously an outright lie. Its funny how most of you people take what Axl says as the gospel truth, when he has had nothing to back up any of his statements. The only confirmed songs are those he mentioned to Spin,RS,etc. It doesn't add up to 70.

So because only a few song titles have been confirmed, those are the only material they have ready? How would you know? Working on it for that amount of time, chances are there would be a couple of albums worth of material recorded. Just because it hasn't been released, it doesn't mean it is an outright lie. As you have heard there could be any legal reason etc.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #176 on: July 17, 2005, 06:52:23 PM »

There might be a few more songs than what's been confirmed, but you cant take that 70-200 songs shit at face value. Its just not realistic. There's been too much work stoppage and delays on the project for there to be that many songs.

badapple81
« Reply #177 on: July 17, 2005, 07:00:10 PM »

There might be a few more songs than what's been confirmed, but you cant take that 70-200 songs shit at face value. Its just not realistic. There's been too much work stoppage and delays on the project for there to be that many songs.

I think it's very realistic, the album has been worked on for almost a decade. I'm sure the work continues whilst the guys are off doing their solo stuff.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2005, 07:08:43 PM »

How is that a lie when Brian May said he heard about two or three albums of material? And who said 200 songs? Just use  your brain for a minute. If gnr worked on one song a month since  2000, that gives  you about 70 songs. How you can claim its not possbile? And you know they worked on more than one song a month.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 07:10:33 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #179 on: July 17, 2005, 07:12:46 PM »

Because all Brian May heard was various instrumentals. Same thing with Moby. That is actually the main reason Moby left the project. No progress was being made. There were no lyrics or vocals to go along with these instrumentals, so he bailed.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: