Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 11:39:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  This life can't be real........
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: This life can't be real........  (Read 7849 times)
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2005, 03:01:14 PM »

it feels real, but sometimes, i feel like im a surreal world, my own private fantasy land.......

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2005, 03:24:00 PM »

Can it?

Yes. It's too real for me at the beginning of each month.

I think life is beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time. It's so complex, like a puzzle. I have obsessed over life and death. But maybe we're not supposed to figure it out: just learn to love it and each other.

I'm teaching myself not to stress over little things anymore. I know that, just like everyone else, I'm not going to live forever. If someone says something that hurts or pisses me off, I try to let it go, because I know it won't amount to anything in the end.

I have come to believe that you can learn just as much from heartbreak as well as beauty.

I don't think we were supposed to figure it out; maybe that is figuring it out right there!

Stress is not worth it. I leave for my destinations early if I can and drive slow in the right lane. The more time I stress, the less time I have to ponder........and what a true waste that is.

As for a rainy picnic, they can be the best. It's the irony I love about the entire thing really.

Irony drives my life often, and makes me laugh. To me, in many ways, irony is the best part about my life. Often times I realize the irony of a situation when I don't get something I wanted, or lose something. (Don't know what you got til it's gone, comes to mind)

Rarely is it realized upon achieving a goal.

Rainy picnic? LOL..........enjoy! Grin
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2005, 03:27:07 PM »

...it's like raaaa-in on your picnic day....
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2005, 07:16:23 PM »

I sometimes think the same thing, Like we are really just in like a COMA and this is all a horrible, horrible, yet beautiful dream. But the sad thing is I dont want to wake up! Because when I do/if I do... I will miss the people that my mind made for me while i was sleeping.

Of course i dont like BELIEVE that, but i think that...

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2005, 07:59:48 PM »

if it is, I want another go at it cuz thus far, I am failing miserably Undecided

SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2005, 08:36:34 PM »

if it is, I want another go at it cuz thus far, I am failing miserably Undecided

Define success....

Define happiness....

Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2005, 08:40:09 PM »

impossible because there is only "now'....it differs with each individual...although I wish I could define either and find a base on which to start from Wink

SLCPUNK
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2005, 08:43:18 PM »

impossible because there is only "now'....it differs with each individual...although I wish I could define either and find a base on which to start from Wink

I guess my point was that they are relative.

What is being happy? Do we really have OUR OWN concept of this? It took me a long time to strip away the layers of what I was told it was (years on this earth) before I came to my own conclusion.

After I did that, I realized that being happy wasn't too hard.

Ditto with success.
WiZard
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2005, 08:49:02 PM »

Very impressive SLC. ?The most thought provoking thread created on this board in years.

No, this is not real. ?We are all projected illusions experiencing in this reality for the purpose of exploring our soul's desires.

We want to experience the greatest possible form of love. ?When we attain that, we want more.

Each and everyone of our experiences are by our own choice. ?A choice made by our higher selves as we exist on the other side merely projecting a part of our soul spark into this reality.

It is somewhat like, as one mentioned, very similar to the matrix.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2005, 08:59:46 PM »

Very impressive SLC.  The most thought provoking thread created on this board in years.

Thanks.

No, this is not real.  We are all projected illusions experiencing in this reality for the purpose of exploring our soul's desires.

Funny when you FEEL that, but not sure how to put it into words. I've had instances, like I said earlier, where I was out looking in. Not out-of-body. More...out of mind (insert crazy joke here)...if that makes sense. Combined with deja vu at the same time. Amazing really. For somre reason it always puts the biggest grin on my face. Maybe because I recognized the feeling of something bigger than myself at a level I could not understand yet. I knew what it was, yet unable to define it.

We want to experience the greatest possible form of love.  When we attain that, we want more.

I think it is in our human nature to not only want to experience it, but give it. In all forms, just a loving kindess to one another. To be warm, gentle and kind. It is nearly impossible to exist on that level in todays world because we are all wrapped up in our own problems (mostly self created), personal, and/or financial. I believe this is the basic root of who we are, once all the other wordly things fall aside.

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2005, 09:08:46 PM »

cogito ergo sum baby. I exist. Fuck knows about the rest of you tho.
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2005, 06:17:32 AM »

wow great post SLC !  beer

2na reading Descartes here is a real experience !  ok
What I find amazing is that eventually these interrogations about life are kinda universal.
And the experiences described by SLC  we all can relate to them I guess.  That what makes me think there's more than just that to life.

That
meaning pursue of happiness, self-achievement etc ... For years we're being taught that a successful life is work - family life - and a house in the suburbs. I just fought there is more than that ... for the time being I have neither and I'm rather happy because I care about the people I love and I know there are people who care about me too.

The force ... the force ...
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2005, 10:53:54 AM »

What I find amazing is that eventually these interrogations about life are kinda universal.
And the experiences described by SLC we all can relate to them I guess. That what makes me think there's more than just that to life.

Playing devil's advocate - if we all experience what slc explained (out of body, deja vu) it more likely means that they are biological occourances rather than otherworldly, etc. If these experiences were only felt by a minority but could be validated as real then it would be an example of something greater than what we know to be reality.

You're piece about being happy is also something that interests me. There's a fluffy psychological theory called the humanistic approach that says we're all trying to self-actualize (become all that we can be) and that do this we've got to fulfill certain needs in our life - material things, a good job, family are not essential. All we have to do is have a roof over our head, food in our belly, friends by our side and be able to express ourselves in truth and we can be at peace.

The theory doesn't really stand up to a great deal of scrutiny, but i've always seen it as very good was for anyone to live there life and it's something i always aspire to.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: