Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:21:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227817 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Problems with mixed dating
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Problems with mixed dating  (Read 25740 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2005, 07:41:22 AM »

my girlfriend hates when I tell black jokes but i tell her, listen to Chris Rock or Martin Lawrence or any black comedian and their act consists of making fun of white people, so why is it racist if I do the same to them?

Because white men were never told to use a different water fountain, or to sit at the back of the bus. It's about history.

your reply is so uneducated.

My reply is not uneducated at all. I know my history. Black Americans were slaves for a hundred years. And when they finally got their freedom, they still weren't allowed to vote or have other rights. They were and still are discriminated against today.

People are making posts about black men being low class criminals, putting them down. Not all black men are criminals. And you're calling my reply uneducated. .

"obviously you are not aware of the discrimination the irish (and all other ethnic groups) faced when they came to america. ever see the old sign that reads:

"irish need not apply"

i'm guessing you have not.

all ethnic and religious groups have faced discrimination at some point in their history."

I'm familiar with that. But blacks were discriminated against for a much longer time than the Irish. The Irish weren't being told to use a different restroom or water fountain in the mid 1960s.

"But blacks were discriminated against for a much longer time than the Irish."

if you're talking about IN AMERICA, then your statement is true. but the irish were indentured servants (aka slaves) for many more years than blacks.

and hey, i'm not looking for sympathy for the irish, the italians, jews or anyone. just pointing out that it's not only blacks that have faced discrimination in this world.

i had to take a "history" course in college called "Studies in Race" (mandatory class for all students at temple university). my teacher was jewish and the whole semester we primarily talked about the hardships of blacks and slavery.

but near the end of the semester, he actually said that the irish faced more discrimination than any other ethic group in modern history. now this was just his opinion, but since then i've read more and more about it, and have learned that many historians share this view. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2005, 08:18:37 AM »

so are the brooklyn jews by me racists because they keep marriage and lifestyle in their own religon/culture.. They go to jewish doctors, they go to jewish lawyers they eat at jewish establishment.. They keep a tight knit community which I think is smart..
sandman
Legend

« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2005, 10:45:35 AM »

so are the brooklyn jews by me racists because they keep marriage and lifestyle in their own religon/culture.. They go to jewish doctors, they go to jewish lawyers they eat at jewish establishment.. They keep a tight knit community which I think is smart..

i agree 100%. and people hate the jews for that reason. but you have to respect that. especially considering how wealthy and successful jews are, AND what jews were facing 60 years ago.

and this point (which some try to call racism), is the root of many problems facing blacks in america. ALL other ethnic groups whne facing discrimination in the US (and other regions of the world) stuck together and built communities. and they worked their asses off to prove that they could be valued members of society.

blacks do NOT stick together. black on black crime rates are sky high. and when a black person is successful, he is not respected in the black community - he's "bowing down to the white man". black people stab each other in the back in the work place.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 10:55:35 AM by sandman » Logged

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2005, 11:04:59 AM »

i agree 100%. and people hate the jews for that reason. but you have to respect that. especially considering how wealthy and successful jews are, AND what jews were facing 60 years ago.

and this point (which some try to call racism), is the root of many problems facing blacks in america. ALL other ethnic groups whne facing discrimination in the US (and other regions of the world) stuck together and built communities. and they worked their asses off to prove that they could be valued members of society.

blacks do NOT stick together. black on black crime rates are sky high. and when a black person is successful, he is not respected in the black community - he's "bowing down to the white man". black people stab each other in the back in the work place.

exactly dude especially the the last two lines.. When people migrate to america they tend to form small communities like little italy, china town, little odessa etc.. Does that mean everyone is racist?/ No it means they are familiar with eachother and want a taste of home.. They are able to keep their worship together, their foods all their ways of life..

I know people know nyc but I will give you a perfect example there is a beautiful place in brooklyn (well once lovely) It's called east new york.. Guys like mike tyson came out of there... Well it was originally a lovely italian area from the 1900's say till about the 60's nice churches and shit like that.. Now it is a fucking war zone with tons of lots and abandoned destroyed buildings tons of drugs crime and prostitution.. Now this was a gradual process but it happened now this is not a place any white person would be caught in at night (at least not walking around)
These are all facts and instead of sticking together and making that area flurish they chose to keep it a litter box where other human beings fear to be.. Some of you really must live in fantasy land...
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2005, 11:20:48 AM »

nononononoonon.
i have to disagree. community feeling and support is the worst thing on the world.
this is why people fight, people hate, because people belong TO A COMMUNITY.

jews stay with jews, blacks stay with black. i don't want a world like that.

so the example of succesful jew/italian community is the pain of the world. it creates hate. it creates the sentiment of being superior, of being part of something private.
i say fuck that.

we need or ONE SINGLE community (humanity) or NO community at all.

also lets not go into the jew, italian, irish .... these are not races, these are religion or nationalities .... but hey, there aren't any race for me, i hate everybody i don't know Smiley

journey
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2005, 12:06:28 PM »

Did you take a national poll on black men at the work place?

I worked with black men before, and they all went to church and were friends with each other. There were no backstabbings.

Black on black crime is high among gang members/ drug dealers, but not your average black man. PLEASE stop putting all black men into this category, because is not fair.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2005, 01:00:19 PM »

sterotypes are derived from truths... Asians good at math science, italians cooking or eating pizza, mafia,  jews tight with a dollar ,indians drive taxis blacks jump high run fast.. I could have gotten into worse ones but the idea is these stereotypes weren't some random thing that people just placed apon each race.. They are based on some sought of truths..

The point is there are good in all and not everyone is the way their mold is portrayed but you can still find quite a few that fit the mold..

If there's 20 black teens on a train or bus more then likely they are being rowdy and very loud.. Take the next car on the train filled with asians and they are most likely talking in a peacefull manner.. These are just the facts by where i live nyc..

Blacks from africa and the islands that I haev worked with hate american blacks because they portray a negative image and it trickles down to them even though they are not like them.. I work on construction all over the big city so I work with everyone partners of all races so they tell me how they feel..

Your pop culture also doesn't help portray blacks in a good way nor does all those films like boyz in the hood  or anything else of that nature..
No one is saying it's everyone but the idea a certain race commits the most crimes and is the most in jail isn't just some coincidence of unfair treatment.. trust me my HS was mostly blakc, the projects were right across the street..  I'd love to know here everyone lives.. What may not happen by you might happen by me or vice versa..

In nyc all the bad areas are minorities.. We don't have trailor parks or white trash.. You have your scumbags and lowlifes but all the white areas are safe by me...  We only know where we live and what we see..
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2005, 06:39:33 PM »

she shoves it down my throat that black guys are better than white guys, same thing with her
sister.

One time at a party , this cousin i mentioned ridiculed me for my long hair because being white is not cool in her book , i was really pissed . Does anyone have the same experience?

Hi friend, how are you doing?
well, it would be interesting to know in which  way they are better than white guys..

and by the way everybody feel unaccepted at some point of their lives, but hey we must carry on... regardless of the situations surrounding us... so   to hell with her... man 

@;--,---.------
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2005, 09:15:04 PM »

I think what it is, is the whole rap/gangsta culture now has the bad boy image white Rock n' Roll bands once had like...Guns n' Roses. ok With the music put aside, they are alike in so many ways. They anger parents, sing about drugs and loving sex, which they make millions of dollars off of. But I won't stop believing that rap is not music and is worth-less shit Undecided ... a rather trendy culture too. Wether you like it or not , no matter what you like or what you hate, it's going to fade out. Sure we love 60's/70's/80's rock n' roll and heavy metal but even those cultures faded out . There's always a new artist to start their chapter.

Speaking of the white girl/black guy problem going on in school like mentioned in this thread, I think what the white boys have to do is look for a girl that doesn't like bad boys if it's that big of a downfall for their teenage-life.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2005, 01:39:19 AM »

the black man is the bad boy for white blonde god fearing christians these days. Love is love no matter what race or sex it is. Too bad people get wrapped up with the wrong person for the shock value.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2005, 05:49:21 PM »

It doesn't bother me at all, really. I'm not stereo-typing but I met a alot of biracial kids with  parents that divorced. From what I've seen ,I knew mixed couples that didn't last that long. And it's the white girls who accept them, it's not like the black guy holds a magic wand over her to become her boyfriend. I'm sorry , you're a jack-ass if you follow a woman that doesn't accept you. Jealousy is an option you don't want in life. So take this advice of mine and use it in life, it helps
Don't try out for a league that doesn't want you
Wink

headbanger Buddy J.B. headbanger
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2005, 07:20:37 PM »

http://www.anus.com/zine/articles/animosity/

This article nails it. Even if all races were absolutely equal in all aspects (they aren't), race mixing would be a bad idea. When too many races mix, the unique cultures of them all are replaced with lowest common denominator substitues: "freedom", materialism, and democracy. This has already happened in the US, to a huge degree. There are no Nubians, Armenians, or Manchurians here. We're all "white", "black", or "asian". The mix has already happened, and "multiculturalism" is an attempt to bring back something we've lost over time, but we can't get it back. It's over.
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2005, 09:14:38 PM »

Wow interesting article, seems very reasonable too. What I wouldn't like about being a mixed person, if I were trying to search for my ancestors , it would be hard for me to belive that's who they are, I wouldn't share genetic features from them through my identity. For example, my three 2nd cousins are half black/white, they don't look anything like their white relatives. Their moms are contantly aked if they adopted their kids by strangers. People believe races being seperated from each other is racism, that's totaly wrong. I met hot black chicks, but I wouldn't want her to have my future kids. It just seems right for reletives to resemble each other. Since my family stayed within their race, it has decreased family tragedies. My older relatives used to be abusive drunks, but us younger relatives has turned out fine. Like what the article said, learn to deal with the family line you're in, if you stay within the tribe , the wrongs to the past will be fixed.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2005, 12:53:09 PM »

It's hardest for white/asian hybrids, I've heard. Japan is still very nationalistic, but some soldiers did pick up Japanese wives after WWII. Their children aren't really welcome in Japan the same way a complete Japanese person is, and they have issues here as well.

Despite a birthrate of like 1.7, Japan is still reluctant to let in foreign workers. Their attitude is something Westerners don't understand.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2005, 01:20:46 PM »

http://www.anus.com/zine/articles/animosity/

This article nails it. Even if all races were absolutely equal in all aspects (they aren't), race mixing would be a bad idea. When too many races mix, the unique cultures of them all are replaced with lowest common denominator substitues: "freedom", materialism, and democracy. This has already happened in the US, to a huge degree. There are no Nubians, Armenians, or Manchurians here. We're all "white", "black", or "asian". The mix has already happened, and "multiculturalism" is an attempt to bring back something we've lost over time, but we can't get it back. It's over.

What a veiled racist you are.

We are all the exact same DNA. Period.

Here is a little more damning quote from your "source" you forgot to leave out:

Too many people try to argue that negroes are inferior or stupid or criminal, and therefore, "scientifically," that we shouldn't breed with them. Whether or not this is true is irrelevant. They're lying to themselves when they say this is the reason. The truth of the matter is that healthy people, no matter how "superior" the potential mixed mate might be, do not breed outside their own tribe, because to do so is not only to give up on the past but to embrace an illusion of a one-shot fix. Combining radically different designs does not magically produce a superior design, but a chaotic one, and while it may have some strengths, it will lack overall direction and refinement - it will lack evolutionary upward potential. In modern society, where the requirements of us are a) get job b) buy things and c) entertain self, it is often hard to see how abilities degenerate through mixing, but when one looks at the intangible qualities of life, like moral character and overall togetherness as personalities, this truth is undeniable.

This narrow minded racist CRAP makes all these statements, but provides nothing to support the claim.

Only an ashole would buy this kind of crap.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2005, 09:52:40 PM »

bottom line- we are all part of the human race. 

Do black cats discriminate against white cats? no, racisim is a  learned behavior.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2005, 09:45:10 PM »

bottom line- we are all part of the human race.?

Do black cats discriminate against white cats? no, racisim is a? learned behavior.

thats because black cats wernt slaves to white cats Tongue

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2005, 10:08:51 PM »

bottom line- we are all part of the human race. 

Do black cats discriminate against white cats? no, racisim is a  learned behavior.

thats because black cats wernt slaves to white cats Tongue

haha, NIB, that was probably your funniest post to date.....adda boy!  rofl rofl
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2005, 10:10:33 PM »

Think about it this way, if Slavery never happened, would we still be as recist as we are?

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2005, 10:30:03 PM »

There is really not much to think about..........
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: