Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:41:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 736635 times)
j.axlrose
Rocker

Ain't it fun

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2003, 06:27:27 AM »

Hey if you wanna see some good technical wrestling then you guys should check out some Dean Malenko v Eddy Guerrero ECW matches around '94 & '95, they are really impressive.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2003, 06:28:44 AM by j.axlrose » Logged
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2003, 04:48:05 PM »

For technical matches, how about Bret Hart vs. Chris Benoit- Owen Hart tribute match. Or Dynamite Kid vs. Tiger Mask 1, they were revolutionary in the high flying/technical matches, that we now see from Angle and other wrestlers.

I prefered it when RVD and Sabu were against each other, have you seen their match from Wrestlepalooza 98, that was a pretty good match, shame it went to a time limit draw, I would have loved to see Sabu get the TV Title.

Yeah Dynamite was IMO the best pound for pound wrestler ever.

Yeah i have seen that match it was good... but not as good as RVD vs Jerry Lynn.

I loved the fact that no one ever beat RVD for the TV title. i thought that was so cool that he had it for so long as at the time WWE were swapping title holders like every month

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
j.axlrose
Rocker

Ain't it fun

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2003, 07:05:17 AM »

Year thats right Van Dam had the title from April '98 to March '00 and he had to forfit the title as he hadn't defended it for certain amount of time as he had a brocken leg, so the title vacant and went up for grabs in a tournament at Living Dangerously.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2003, 08:38:05 AM »

Who saw the PPV?

Does anyone else just know exactly what is gonna happen or is it just me.

I Knew HHH would keep his title but not win the match.

I knew Lesnar would win the Rumble

I knew Angle would beat Benoit.

Its all too predictable for me these days.

I mean all we are gonna get now is another HHH vs Steiner match.

and Lesnar is gonna go for team angle and Paul Heyman.

I just can't see Angle vs Lesnar heading WMXIX. I think Angle will lose his title to someone at the next PPV maybe Austin or Maybe Rock depending on the Goldberg situation.

I thought Angle and Benoit put on a excellent match but knowing that Benoit had beaten Angle the last two times it was obvious that another loss would damage angles credibility... therefore he had to win.

The HHH vs Steiner match was boring as hell IMO..... i mean i like suplexes as much as the next guy but does steiner have any other moves? he tried another move and fell over doing it..... he got booed and rightly so IMO.

The best bit of the night for me was the Y2J throwing HBK out of the ring first. Now i hate both wrestlers so hopefully they can feud and i can turn over when their match is on.

But it was original no one expected HBK to be the first out and i thought that was really cool especially when HBK came out and got Y2J eliminated..... now theres a feud with some substance.

Overall i thought it was a let down although i thought the last 4 or 5 deserved to be there..... and Kane eliminated RVD then shrugging his shoulder RVD style was great.

No one returned except for the undertaker...... wouldn't it be so much better if no one knew he was coming back... i think so buy hey.

What everyone else think?

[/color]

R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2003, 08:50:22 AM »

Who saw the PPV?

Does anyone else just know exactly what is gonna happen or is it just me.

I Knew HHH would keep his title but not win the match.

I knew Lesnar would win the Rumble

I knew Angle would beat Benoit.

Its all too predictable for me these days.

I mean all we are gonna get now is another HHH vs Steiner match.

and Lesnar is gonna go for team angle and Paul Heyman.

I just can't see Angle vs Lesnar heading WMXIX. I think Angle will lose his title to someone at the next PPV maybe Austin or Maybe Rock depending on the Goldberg situation.

I thought Angle and Benoit put on a excellent match but knowing that Benoit had beaten Angle the last two times it was obvious that another loss would damage angles credibility... therefore he had to win.

The HHH vs Steiner match was boring as hell IMO..... i mean i like suplexes as much as the next guy but does steiner have any other moves? he tried another move and fell over doing it..... he got booed and rightly so IMO.

The best bit of the night for me was the Y2J throwing HBK out of the ring first. Now i hate both wrestlers so hopefully they can feud and i can turn over when their match is on.

But it was original no one expected HBK to be the first out and i thought that was really cool especially when HBK came out and got Y2J eliminated..... now theres a feud with some substance.

Overall i thought it was a let down although i thought the last 4 or 5 deserved to be there..... and Kane eliminated RVD then shrugging his shoulder RVD style was great.

No one returned except for the undertaker...... wouldn't it be so much better if no one knew he was coming back... i think so buy hey.

What everyone else think?

Agreed on every point. Although i do believe Angle and Brock will be a superb match as they bot come from Amateur wrestling backgrounds, i love the wrestling matches, thus the Kurt Angle Benoit is an early contender for match of the year in my book.

They totally put Steiner and HHH to shame, it was a poor match, steiners spinning belly to belly is cool, but how many suplexes can a guy throw?

His double underhook powerbomb went totally wrong, overall a shit match, although it was good to see Steiner putting the recliner on Trips, and then holding it, it would be cool if he snapped and started kicking the fuck out of the refs but not everyone can be as good as Ken Shamrock.

The Rumble was well worked although predictable as well.

6/10 card for me, just about value for money!

Axlhogg
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2003, 10:57:31 AM »

Now don't get me wrong Kurt Angle is amazing and one of my favourites but do you think he is in the top 2 stars in the company.

Coz thats what WM is all about.

If it was just for the Smackdown title i would say yeah no problem.

The only way it will be Angle vs Brock is if none of the bigger stars want to job to Brock.... i.e. thats why austin left in the first place.

There are levels in wrestling and usually only level one superstars get to headline.... now i know for a Fact the WWF/WWE have always employed a 4 superstar rule.... i.e. they have their top 4 stars and run with them. If the rumours are true and Austin and Rock will be back by Wrestlemania then here are what i think are WWE's top stars:

LEVEL 1

Rock
HHH
Austin
Brock

Now you don't have to be a genius to think if Goldberg come in he becomes the 5th of that group.

WM title matches are usually 1 on 1 so if Goldberg comes in it creates a odd number which means that someone from level 2 will make the step up:

Level 2:

Beniot
Angle
Kane
HBK
Undertaker
Steiner

The obvious ones from that group are Undertaker and Angle and seeing how Angle is the champ it looks like its gonna be him.

But im still not convinced that Kurt vs Brock is what WWE wants...... I think they would like to see Austin vs Brock (which IMO won't be as exciting) but that means that Austin has to beat Angle for the title and be on the Smackdown brand.

Heres what i think WWE would like as their PPV:

Brock vs Austin vs Angle ( i know i said 1 on 1 but....)
HHH vs Undertaker
Rock vs Goldberg
Kane vs Steiner
HBK vs Y2J
Rey Misterio vs RVD (special Raw vs Smackdown challenge)
Edge vs Beniot (SD No 1 Contender)

And then they will put other wrestlers such as.. The Dudleys, Booker T & Goldust, Batista, Jeff Hardy, John Cena, Trish, Team Angle plus more.

We also have to think about the return of certain wrestlers like:

Rhyno
Nathen Jones
Kevin Nash
Mike Awesome
Hogan

Whatever happens it looks like a good WM

[/color]

XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2003, 03:00:02 PM »

I cant wait for Rock to meet Steiner, or even Goldberg. It sounded like the rock had some "new" material on that anniversary show they just had.

isnt the wwe trying to get rid of the "brand" extension? I thought i read somewhere that this is the reason for the sub par ratings? I hope they do stop this split and form one brand.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2003, 09:59:04 AM »

If status in the company was for people that can really wrestle... Dean malenko would be in the title picture.

Its just not that.

you only have to look at the wages to see who WWE value the most.

I agree i would prefer to see Angle vs Brock than any of the others i mentioned.... but i really can't see WWE making Angle and Brock headline wrestlemania unless goldberg is on the card. I hope i'm wrong. But Angle is not in the top 4 let alone 2 in the company.

Yeah reading Raw it looks like Austin is heading to Raw but i also think Rock is heading back to Smackdown and if Goldberg decides not to take part in Wrestlemania then where does that leave Rock.... maybe undertaker? i think its more likely that Rock would have some part to play in the Main Event.

If Austin is going back to Raw that sets up a HHH vs Austin Match for Wrestlemania.... seeing how Steiner and HHH stunk up the ring.

Having said that whats to say that Goldberg vs whoever would not be the Main Event. However i doubt it

[/color]

J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2003, 12:54:01 AM »

Wrestling is so horrible right now, especially with bringing a guy back who beats his wife, I dont respect anyone who does that, I hate wife beaters especially fellow canadian and avalanche goalie Patrick Roy. Now maybe if it was Bret Hart for a final farewell speech or as annoucer or something other then wrestler cause he cant wrestle anymore due to concussions, and one will kill him! But ya Austin = garb! and Scott Steiner is so horrible! Man only thing i'll watch is Kevin Nashs return prior to Wrestemania, other then that wrestling = the shits!

Fuck All Y'all
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2003, 08:55:09 AM »

Wrestling is so horrible right now, especially with bringing a guy back who beats his wife, I dont respect anyone who does that, I hate wife beaters especially fellow canadian and avalanche goalie Patrick Roy. Now maybe if it was Bret Hart for a final farewell speech or as annoucer or something other then wrestler cause he cant wrestle anymore due to concussions, and one will kill him! But ya Austin = garb! and Scott Steiner is so horrible! Man only thing i'll watch is Kevin Nashs return prior to Wrestemania, other then that wrestling = the shits!

Austin was found not guilty of that.... although i can imagine it happening.

WWE has not been the same since austin left and i would be more than happy to see the stunner back in action.

Steiner sucks

Nash is wicked.

Bret Hart coming back would get the biggest cheer in WWE history in my opinion.... but he won't.

I can't wait for Wrestlemania i just hope they deliver coz they don't have to with Wrestlemania

[/color]

J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2003, 11:00:12 AM »

Hogan came back Tuesday(Smackdown tapings)
read the spoilers http://www.wrestlezone.com

anyhow thats pretty cool!

Fuck All Y'all
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2003, 12:06:45 PM »

Hogan came back Tuesday(Smackdown tapings)
read the spoilers http://www.wrestlezone.com

anyhow thats pretty cool!

I think this sucks.

I really hoping he fights mcmahon. coz he should not fight a good wrestler like Austin, Rock etc

How many times can they wheel this dude out.

Its obvious he wants to have a match at Wrestlemania and win it and go out on top.

I think he has done more for wrestling than any other wrestler but jesus he has to be carried through matches these days.

[/color]

XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2003, 04:36:55 PM »

Hogan came back Tuesday
I really hoping he fights mcmahon. coz he should not fight a good wrestler like Austin, Rock etc

How many times can they wheel this dude out.

I agree 100%. I grew up on Hogan, loved the guy, but its really time to give it up. If hes gonna wreslte, dont waste another talent like the rock, austin, hhh. Noone wants to see these matches anymore. The buisnees is quickly becoming all about the RVD's and Hardys' of the buisness. You just can slap someone around and pin them, and expect the crowd to love it! You gotta have skill, moves and strength to be a player these days. Look how boring that Steiner/HHH match was. Then look at the very next match, Angle/Benoit. 2 totally different styles of wrestling, which one went"over" more? Definatley the high flying match between angle and benoit. I wanna see more of these matches, people flying from every which way, blood, chairs, ladders, and tables.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2003, 10:18:32 AM »

Lets face it Austin sucks, he cant wrestle worth shit its punches punches kick kick stunner, or clothesline, punches, then his running jump ontop of you punches , middle finger, punches, middle finger stunner, suplex here and there, and perhaps a slingshot suplex, punches punches another stunner ding ding theres the bell! And for the Rock he really isnt much better either, I hate it when he does the sharpshooter,man he looks like a jackass doing it, and lets face it the sharpshooter made you submit, yet you have assholes doing it today and they get out of it like that, anyhow owen and bret made that move, the rock really sucks, all he has is his charasmatic ability which is good , that helps lead interest in the match. Hogan at least does more moves then Austin , they are very close on the I suck shit, cant do anymoves scale! Id take Bret Hart anyday over fuckin Austin, but he aint coming back and cant wrestle! Its funny HBK comes back and he does alll cool shit like he did before, moonsaults, everything, austin comes  back from his injury its just crap! Man why could he wrestle again after Owen broke his neck damn!!! That guy should give up, hes a wife beater, he hit her, he puts the white trash in wrestling!

Fuck All Y'all
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2003, 04:54:44 PM »

Lets face it Austin sucks, he cant wrestle worth shit its punches punches kick kick stunner, or clothesline, punches, then his running jump ontop of you punches , middle finger, punches, middle finger stunner, suplex here and there, and perhaps a slingshot suplex, punches punches another stunner ding ding theres the bell! And for the Rock he really isnt much better either, I hate it when he does the sharpshooter,man he looks like a jackass doing it, and lets face it the sharpshooter made you submit, yet you have assholes doing it today and they get out of it like that, anyhow owen and bret made that move, the rock really sucks, all he has is his charasmatic ability which is good , that helps lead interest in the match. Hogan at least does more moves then Austin , they are very close on the I suck shit, cant do anymoves scale! Id take Bret Hart anyday over fuckin Austin, but he aint coming back and cant wrestle! Its funny HBK comes back and he does alll cool shit like he did before, moonsaults, everything, austin comes  back from his injury its just crap! Man why could he wrestle again after Owen broke his neck damn!!! That guy should give up, hes a wife beater, he hit her, he puts the white trash in wrestling!

Sorry mate but its not about how many moves you have its how you pull them off.

Austin punches and kicks alot yes but he also has the best finisher in the world IMO..... he also suplexs, lou threz press, clothesline and spine buster and a few more.

The difference between Hogan and Austin and rock is that they can stil make other peoples moves look good by selling the moves well hogan can't.

I agree with wicked before long people will expect to see good matches all the time and it will become ECW format where they concentrate more on wrestling than storylines.

I also agree with wicked in saying that RVD and Jeff hardy types are the most popular wrestler at the moment.... RVD was third most voted for as fan favourite behind Austin and Brock Undertaker recently so it shows the trend

[/color]

HHH_is_god
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2003, 06:17:35 AM »

Hi everybody

It's been a long time since I posted the last time but the sad news is that when it concerns wrestling nothing interesting has happened as of late. JJ is right about austin and the rock, THEY do suck but they are great entertainers and know how to get the crowd worked up. I don't think it's possible to deny that. The whole middle-finger, beer drinking austin or the eyebrow-raising , people-elbowing rock are great and fun to watch but the matches do SUCK in a big way. I truly miss the old times with wrestlers like bret hart, owen hart, the british bulldog, mr perfect etc. Those where wrestling matches while as of late it looks like wrestling is all about violence, HLA, and stupid angles (necrophelia angle f.i.). Thank god for benoit and angle, did you guys see the RR, man what a match that must have been. I truly believe that angle should be the main man on the WWE roster because he has got it all. He can play a great heel but also the baby-face (remember angle vs. the alliance), he's funny as hell, has great mic skills and is without a doubt the best wrestler in the BIZ today !!! The sad part is that the WWE doesn't use the truly gifted wrestlers in a very good way. NO, they bring back steiner and want to bring back Goldberg, what's up with that!!!! I hate them both and the WWE sucks at the moment. Now I want to comment on some stuff

Goldberg:
This guy is probably without a doubt the crappiest wrestler I have ever laid my eyes on, man he SUCKS big time. I know the rock and austin suck but at least they are good entertainers. Goldberg is a disgrace for wrestling and he really doesn't know what the fuck to do in the ring. He never heard about selling a move, I wonder if he even knows a real wrestling move and all his matches are the same. He gets the living crap kicked out of him (of course because his opponents cheat but hell it doesn't matter) and then it's like SPEAR, JACK-HAMMER and the pin WOOOW!!!! Yeah really a smart move bringing him in the WWE, it'll suck even more

Steiner:
What can you say about big poppa pump, Yes he is big and yes he is a freak but man he sucks too man!! He's not even close of being a shadow of what he used to be. I have a match on tape between owen/bret vs the steiners and man the match was truly unbelieveble. It's a shame of seeing just how crappy he has gotten over the years.

Brock Lesnar:
He is the next big thing but he has become the next big thing way to fast. I like superstars who are being build up over the years and finally establish themself as true icons (like bret hart and hbk f.i.). I'm not overly impressed by him but maybe he has what it takes to become one of the greats but as of know I would rate him as mediocre....... Please don't have brock headline Wrestlemania!!!!!!!!! Make it champ vs. champ, HHH vs. Angle, that would be a great match

Hogan:
He's old, He can't wrestle but what the fuck does it matter. Hulkemania is back and I'm glad. Hogan brings back memories and when he's in a match the crowd is on fire and that is what it's all about. I don't know about you guys but last years wrestlemania was probably one of the greatest moments in wrestling history. The match was mediocre but the crowd and the emotions were truly special, one of my fav. matches of all time I think. Welcome back hulk!!!!!!

Flair:
A true icon and finally he's being used in a good way. The new stable (kinda like the four horseman) will dominate with HHH as the leader and Flair more in a manager role, I like that. I hope they are going to feud with team angle (without the giant of course, what a loser)

The giant:
I'm not going to waste words here, HE SUCKS........ PERIOD !!!!

HBK
WOOOOW the man, the showstopper, the main event is finally back and it looks like he has a few more matches left in him. HBK vs HHH was totally cool, HBK wearing the Gold again almost brought me to tears and by the looks of it we'll have HBK vs. the ayatollah of rock and rolla Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania. This is like a dream match for me. Both guys are great performers and know how to wrestle. I am expecting a great deal out of this match but like I said it's good that the man is back!

Undertaker:
Can't say anything bad about this absolute phenom except that I hope he will come back as the dead man for one last time. All of his fans want to see that and I truly believe that he would go out with a bang if he would to that.

Nash:
PLEEAAASE come back soon as BDC and kick the living crap out of everybody. I really missed the jack-knife and the fuck you all attitude that BDC had during his WWF days. I hope his leg will hold up and that he will have a final but memorable run in the WWE.

RVD/Edge/Hardy:
Give me a break and start using this guys in a proper way. This is the future of the WWE so start building them to main event level and stop wasting there incredible talent

Angle/Benoit:
The WWE is truly blessed to have these two. They deserve to be the top of the business all the time because they represent what wrestling should be about.......... WRESTLING!!!!! Fuck austin and the rock (go beating up some more girls and make a dozen more movies man), HHH, Angle, Benoit, RVD, Brock (with a little scepticism) and Edge should be the new main event stars.

The story-lines:
Fuck this, bring back Russo!!!!

Vince:
He is really the genetic freak in the Business, HE'S HUGE !!!!!!!

Enough has been said for the moment. The WWE needs to wake up and realize that they don't need guys like austin, steiner, goldberg and the rock to boost ratings. They need good angles and much more solid wrestling matches. Maybe then the WWE will be worth watching full-time again!!

To all the wrestling fans, I salut you

The_Game
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2003, 07:47:14 PM »

Cool that you agree with me dude, btw I also hate Goldberg he cut Bret Harts career short with a stiff kick to the, head causing a serious concussion.

Fuck All Y'all
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2003, 11:39:56 AM »

BTW,  I am a huge wrestling fan too(well mostly not todays stuff) and I have a question:

What do you think the greatest match of all time is?

I'd say Flair-Steamboat Wrestlewar 89 or either of the wwe Iron man matches.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
The New Fiona Apple
VIP

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2003, 11:42:22 AM »

BTW, the Katie Vick angle Sucked! If you guys actually liked it, you need  [help]. Hopefully Axl performs on RAW, when Chinese Democracy comes out!!!!!!!!!!

Bobby Valentine

-Axl Rose
The New Fiona Apple
VIP

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2003, 11:44:13 AM »

Also, did any of you guys see Hitman Hart: Wrestling with Shadows?
It would explain some of Bret's Screwjob.

P.S. His wife is ugly!

Bobby Valentine

-Axl Rose
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: