Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:00:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 736509 times)
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« on: November 18, 2002, 11:46:10 AM »

Well here it is.....

Very popular on the last board and it will be resurrected here.

The Survivor Series.

What a Pay Per View....

Brock F-5 the bigshow.

HBK realised a dream once again....

And most importantly,

"You wanna get hooked up, Let Me Hear U Holla"

Big Poppa Pump is back and he looks awesome and he said the F - word on Live Television, naughty Steiner.

All in all a great event...Worth staying up till 4 in the morning for.

Axlhogg
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 02:56:37 PM by Arron » Logged
GNFNRS
Bush-lover
Rocker

Yes, evil does have it's honest side and it's called Slash

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2002, 12:04:25 PM »

I was not overly impressed, but I thought it was okay.  I certainly would not have stayed up til 4:00 though.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2002, 12:04:50 PM by GNFNRS » Logged

We're just jerk-offs like everybody else
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2002, 02:42:51 PM »

I missed it and i'm pissed.

I hate the fact HBK has the title.... he so does not deserve it

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2002, 02:52:59 PM »

I think it is excellent he is the champ, the nostalgia factor is superb in that one and when u see perhaps on Thursday nite Benny when its next on then u will agree with me and u fell the goosebumps for HBK again.

www.wwe.com

For an interview with the Bigshow after the match with Brock where he calls him the strongest Motherfucker in the world.

Also an Interview with Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner.
This man has atitude and i believe he has been bought in to give the Fuck You Attitude Stone Cold had....

Great Card and probably one of the best ive seen for 2-3 years, it had everything.

Axlhogg

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2002, 05:29:07 PM »

Look.

He is a part timer and does not deserve it.

He has sat on his ass for 6 years and done FUCK ALL..... and now he is champ.

Its lame.

HHH should have kept it or let RVD beat him

[/color]

Jake Rock
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2002, 01:14:45 PM »

Remember Roddy Piper?

http://www.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesP/piper_wm6.jpg
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2002, 01:03:11 PM »

Lesner did it again on Smackdown

And RVD vs HBK next week that will kick ass

[/color]

Mahatma coat
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2002, 10:37:09 PM »

I used to be a big wrestling fan, but everytime I try and watch the WWE, I feel like I want to vomit! It's so fucking cheesy! I've been getting by with old wrestling tapes and womens' wrestling from Japan.

ECW was the best. It's a shame The WWE is wasting talent like Rob Van Dam, and the rest of the ECW guys, by having them do crap.
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2002, 07:55:26 AM »

i like to get drunk and laugh my ass off at the wwf/wwe!

What Goes around comes around!
Chris Misfit
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2002, 07:03:19 PM »

I used to be a big wrestling fan, but everytime I try and watch the WWE, I feel like I want to vomit! It's so fucking cheesy

Same here, I rarely missed RAW. Now I can't watch it for two seconds.

It got real bad about 2 years ago IMO, then they brought back Hulk and Flair........how that was supposed to help, no-one knows.  Huh
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2002, 07:20:59 PM »

It got real bad about 2 years ago IMO, then they brought back Hulk and Flair........how that was supposed to help, no-one knows.  Huh

It was a stop gap to increase ratings, which it did, The biggest icon in wrestling history.....Hulk Hogan.

Flair did not have as much impact as i think The Mcmahons would of hoped, but hey hes 17 time world champion.

I think Hogan should of stepped down when he had his match with the Rock because that was a great match, if you watch and u hear the crowd, try telling me that there was not a fucking atmosphere in that building.

Ratings are now fluctuating again and i dont think WWE will last very long, maybe 1 year to 2 years because as u said the buzz is not really there anymore, its not really about the wrestling anymore apart from Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit and a few others, its more a Soap Opera/sitcom.

Shame but true.

Axlhogg
Chris Misfit
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2002, 07:23:46 PM »

I think Hogan should of stepped down when he had his match with the Rock because that was a great match, if you watch and u hear the crowd, try telling me that there was not a fucking atmosphere in that building.

I watched it and the only memory is of Hogan moving really, really slow.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2002, 07:33:53 PM »

I watched it and the only memory is of Hogan moving really, really slow.

Dont get me wrong, what u say is correct my friend, but for long term wrestling fans who can and watch these things, well there generally called Marks because they believe whats going on and get all excited, thus the atmosphere created, thus the goosebumps on the arm.

Your not telling me when Hogans music hit u didnt get chills running up your spine, seeing him walk down that WWE isle again ready to square up against the rock?

Or when he Hulks up?

Well i did, and im not afraid to admit it....Im also not afraid to admit that wrestling(WWE) is going down the pan and we will see a lot of branch territories and hopefully in my view rival territories, like ECW and to an extent WCW.

We already have NWA-TNA who have such WWE rejects as Scott Hall, and Sean Xpac Waltman. And Jeff Jarrett, they seem to be doing ok but really a rival.

Then there is WWA which is a touring group, who used to feature Yokozuna(RIP) Bret Hart, and also Buff Bagwell who was fired after his first appearence on Raw last year for a quite dismal match with Booker T.

They also had Scott Steiner who is now with WWE and they traded him for the Godfather and Perry Saturn.

And people please put you hands up for WAW which is a Norfolk based Wrestling promotion, yeah its pretty preliminary but worth it from what i hear.

Axlhogg
j.axlrose
Rocker

Ain't it fun

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2003, 10:06:09 AM »

I used to be a big wrestling fan, but everytime I try and watch the WWE, I feel like I want to vomit! It's so fucking cheesy! I've been getting by with old wrestling tapes and womens' wrestling from Japan.

ECW was the best. It's a shame The WWE is wasting talent like Rob Van Dam, and the rest of the ECW guys, by having them do crap.

I totally agree i can't watch WWE for more than about 2 minutes without feeling sick. ECW is the best thing that has happend to pro wrestling, and yes is a shame that Vince is wasting all that good talent. I only really watch old ECW tapes now and some CZW, when i can get hold of it.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2003, 06:27:45 AM »

The biggest match ever is coming for wrestlemania 19.................brace yourselves...................Austin Vs Goldberg
No shit what so ever!!! I read it in the UK's biggest tabloid paper. Theve persuaded Austin to have a new contract and he returns in a month, and Goldburg is taking a new contract also. this could be the biggest match in wwf/wwe history!!!

What paper please i wanna get that to read on my way to the biggest drunken evening in my life. Cheesy

Axlhogg
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2003, 11:23:25 AM »

The biggest match ever is coming for wrestlemania 19.................brace yourselves...................Austin Vs Goldberg
No shit what so ever!!! I read it in the UK's biggest tabloid paper. Theve persuaded Austin to have a new contract and he returns in a month, and Goldburg is taking a new contract also. this could be the biggest match in wwf/wwe history!!!

I think you will find that Goldberg will square off against the Rock at Wrestlemania and probally backlash as well so they can get a win each.

It looks like Brock will win the Rumble. This is how i would like to see Wrestlemania shape up:

Austin vs Lesnar
Rock vs Goldberg
HHH vs Undertaker (Last Man Standing)
Mcmahon vs Hogan (No DQ, For Hogans right to retire, Shane Mcmahon should get involved)
Y2J vs HBK (who cares really but that should be two wrestlers that jump around the ring)
RVD vs Rey Mistero vs Jeff Hardy (TLC)
Angle vs Benoit vs Edge (1st to 2 descions)
Trish vs Torrie vs Stacy vs Dawn Marie (first to get naked loses match [ok] Elimination Cheesy)
Big Show vs Steiner
Kane vs Batista
Dudleys vs Team Angle vs Regal & Storm
Taz & Lawler vs Three Minute Warning

Now thats a PPV.

Can you imagine RVD, Hardy and Rey in a TLC match that would be match of the century

It seems obvious to me that Undertaker will not come back as the old undertaker but the American Badass version. The pyros are just to get extra viewers. Although i'm hope i'm wrong.

Undertaker will obviously return and do a number on big show and therefore Giving Lesnar the match. I see Big Show kicking Lesnars ass and injureing him and therefore making the achievment greater when he wins the rumble.

This Rumble is looking better than ever IMO i mean look at the wrestlers that are gonna be in it:

HBK (No1)
Y2J (No 2)

Jeff Hardy (No 30)

then these at the best it can be:

Edge
Austin
Rock
Lesnar/Big Show

Rikishi
RVD
Rey Misterio
Kane
Batista
John Cena
Goldberg
Matt Hardy
A Train
Spike Dudley
Booker T
Christian
Rhyno
B2
Team Angle (Both of them)
Undertaker
Maven
That New Guy (can't remember his name)
Hogan
Tajiri
Tommy Dreamer
Hurricane
Jamie Noble
Eddie Guerrero
Chavo Guerrero

As you can see there are loads its gonna be huge the ones in bold are the top notch competitors that will be there or there abouts towards the end.

Obviously some or just maybes to actully be in the rumble i.e. Austin, Rock, Goldberg, Undertaker, Hogan, Rhyno and Big Show / Lesnar.

I make that if all the top stars are there 6 people could win it:

HBK - I doubt it but he may moan his way to winning it to gove him one more Headlining wrestlemania apperance.

Austin - If he comes back in the rumble it would seem stupid for him to be cleanly eliminated unless it was Lesnar and therefore setting up there match at WM19

Rock - I think he is least likley to come back but i think he will be on Smackdown the next week. If he does come back he is still the WWE's biggest star so maybe he will win it.

Lesnar - Has to be the favourite for the rumble IMO, I think he will win and then go on and fight Austin at WrestleMania after Austin takes the title off Angle at No Way Out.

Goldberg - If he is in it... he wins it simple as that.

Undertaker - Outside bet... but the old undertaker has a chance although i think Big Show will eliminate him even though Big Show wont be in the rumble as Undertaker will attack big show earlier on.

What ever happens it looks good

« Last Edit: January 14, 2003, 11:52:52 AM by Gnrfan » Logged

[/color]

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2003, 01:15:45 PM »

Benny,

The new guys name is Nathan Jones, hes a former worlds strongest man, Australian and his gimmick is that he has just had 10 years in Jail and has been released.

I think he may feud with the undertaker.

Rey, RVD and Hardy in a TLC match will be fucking superb if not damn right dangerous. Cheesy

As for the rest of your predictions yeah i agree, but i cant really see Austin or |Goldberg being in the Rumble, i think they will save that.

And your right, Goldberg will face The Rock at Mania if anyone.

Wooo and the womens match, yes please. Wink

Axlhogg
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2003, 08:30:21 AM »

Wots every1's dream match? Wot would u most like too see? Wot would make the WWE a bit more worth watchin???

The best three matches ever have already taken place and will never be beaten IMO.

RVD vs Jerry Lynn - ECW Living dangerously

Best match ever for wrestling IMO.... the combos that these guys came up with were just simply stunning. If you have never seen it buy it now.

Undertaker vs Mankind - Legend vs Legend - WWE King Of The Ring

Well this match just shows how crazy and dedicated both these men are.

Undertaker was wrestling with a broken shin, and Mick Foley decided that he fancied being thrown off the hell in a cell, Chockslammed through the hell in a cell and to be one with hundreds of thumbtacks.

For anyone who has read Foleys book you know that the Chokeslam throgh the HELL IN A CELL was the only time in his career that he had a total blackout.

They went into the match heros and both came out legends.

I will never forget Jim Ross "Oh My God, Oh My God... As God as my witness he is broken in half"

"Trust Me People they don't pratice this"

TLC2 - Egde & Christian, The Dudleys and The Hardy Boys - Wrestlemania

Only one word describes this match.

CRAZY.

For all the ECW fans out there this was like home to them..... and when the Chants of Holy Shit, Holy Shit started up it made me feel good.

However if i was to pick a match i would like to see it would be:

RVD vs Jerry Lynn vs Rey Misterio vs Mick Foley vs Jeff Hardy vs Taz vs Mike Awesome - TLC For most crazy motherfucker ever to set foot in a ring.

Or

Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon - Hell In A Cell - Legit match where Bret could kick the shit out of vince until he can hardly breathe

[/color]

j.axlrose
Rocker

Ain't it fun

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2003, 09:18:32 AM »

I think that the only thing that can save WWE is if the Eliminators(Perry Saturn and John Kronus) got back together and WWE signed them and Sabu(so Rvd could tag with him). Then WWE could produce the best tag fued ever between RVD SABU and the Eliminators. Also they sould bring Tazz back in and give him a world title push, so he could choke out Steiner, Lesner,HHH, Kurt Angle etc.....
If this happend i would never miss an episode of Raw or Smackdown again.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2003, 04:45:05 PM »

I would like to see Nick Mondo vs. Sabu on the indy scene.

or

Kurt Angle vs. Doug Williams vs. Chris Benoit if possible in the WWE.  [ok]

Hey we have a technical wrestling fan in the house.

Well you want a great technical match... what about Bret Hart vs British Bulldog at Summerslam'92.

Or Steamboat vs Macho Man at Wrestlemania 4 (i think)

I forgot about Sabu... he would definatly be in my match for Craziest Son of a Bitch Ever.

When Sabu and Rvd tagged it kicked so much ass. Did you see when they wrestled in Japan and Sabu through the chair to Bubba Dudley and just as he caught it RVD  van daminatored him... it was poetry in motion

[/color]

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: