Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 09:05:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR vs VR (Player By Player)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR vs VR (Player By Player)  (Read 56449 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #180 on: August 17, 2005, 06:56:50 PM »

I totally agree with you ryan, exept maybe for the drums. I like Matt, but Brain is better (for me).
I also agree with you when you said Richard should take the Lead. I think the band would be bigger with him on Lead (although he is great on rythm too).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 06:28:02 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2005, 03:12:31 PM »

I agree with Ryan, ... but I have to ask one thing....  Brain was part of primus right? so, they made the south park song, didnt they?

@;---.-,----,.---,.---,-.-,.--,.-,.-- The perfect Rose
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #182 on: August 24, 2005, 06:15:28 PM »

they did a lot more then write the south park song but yes, they did, as the creators were fans.
primus is bloody fantastic.

and uh, here's my contribution to this thread:

Axl over Scott, easily, although i'd like Axl even better if he would release something
it's not an option, but I'd choose Buckethead over Slash, and slash over robin.. although I enjoy all three.
Richard over Dave
Brain over Matt, easily.. never liked Matt ever.. something about his drumming just kills it, and not in a good way. I'd even pick steven adler over matt. And Brain was in fuckin' primus and fucking rocked, and still rocks  peace
Dizzy over no keyboards
Tommy over Duff... I like duff as a musician, and I even like some of his singing, but essentially his best contribution is to look cool... and he looked really really cool back in the day  ok
So essentially my dream Gn'r already exists, just put slash back in somehow... or even better, buckethead..
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 07:00:15 PM by spacebrain5000 » Logged

robots.
ironfin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #183 on: August 24, 2005, 10:55:34 PM »

Brain is the best thing in new GNR, I hope that he plays drums the way he wants to on CD (if its ever released)

He has played with `tom Weights for fuck ske and only the besy play with him
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #184 on: October 11, 2005, 08:24:31 PM »

If you honestly open your eyes up you can see V.R is band that won?t last, their singer is out of control over n? over, slash plays simple solos when he was supposed to be the best guitar player a long long time ago, c?mon let?s admit it Slash n? those guys could do a better album but the truth is they didn?t so anyway V.R will never be famous n? amazing like GNR, even the new gnr members show to V.R that they do know how play good music these days!   hihi
GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #185 on: October 12, 2005, 02:35:55 AM »

If you honestly open your eyes up you can see V.R is band that won?t last, their singer is out of control over n? over, slash plays simple solos when he was supposed to be the best guitar player a long long time ago, c?mon let?s admit it Slash n? those guys could do a better album but the truth is they didn?t so anyway V.R will never be famous n? amazing like GNR, even the new gnr members show to V.R that they do know how play good music these days!   hihi

Are you DaveGnFnR2k16 under a different name? Let's see:
VR's singer is out of control. Gee, hasn't he always been? Been around for awhile, huh? Think Axl's in control? How many great lead singers do you know of that aren't nutty?

Slash plays simple solos? Sure the solos with VR aren't like his solos with Guns...yet. But Fall To Pieces has sweet guitar work in it and if you don't think Slash will be around for awhile, you're sadly mistaken.

VR will never be famous like GnR? Of course not. But GnR was famous b/c of its members which included 3 from VR!

And I have no idea what you said in the end about new GnR members. But anyone who is sane would rate Slash and Duff above their counterparts in nu GnR. Matt and Brain is a toss up.  Richard and Dave are as well but Dave's body of work is better IMO.  And Axl was once great but has shown nothing in a decade while Scott has put out Platinum albums.  Who knows how Axl is now? Clearly I would take old Axl vs any Scott but who knows what nu Axl is like? He hasn't appeared in years and was iffy then. 

This whole thread is silly. How can you compare an existing band to one that is still, well, fictional?

"It'll be out by 2009"
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #186 on: October 12, 2005, 03:59:53 AM »

Scott (cant spell his last name) > Axl Rose, present.

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #187 on: October 12, 2005, 05:41:33 AM »

I was a little bit severe with Robin previously. I think he is a good guitar player.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2005, 07:52:59 AM »

Im a musician so im speakin' the truth here, her' goes...

Robin vs. Slash

I've loved Slash since the beginning alright, he's the man, he's a blues man n' thats his style, he tends to stay on the same bar's  on his guitar n' generally just rides with it , but dont get me wrong, the man can play......Now, Robin Finck, i knew him from NIN, loved his style n' then he joins GnR Shocked...This guy knows his shit Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Im serious when i say that most of you dont know this mans talent, sure you judge him on EVERY SINGLE FUCK UP he did from the 02' tour, but take a look at Slash from over the years why dont you's. I tell ya, you will all change your minds when we hear what this man will do on Chinese Democracy.

Robin wins  beer

Matt vs. Brain

Brain has a variety of styles n' doesnt stick to the same drum fills...Matt does Roll Eyes

Brain wins peace

Tommy vs. Duff

Duff is my all time hero n' Tommy is right next to him, i dig both these guys alot....i havent heard VGH yet Believe In Me is a huge influence on me yes

Duff wins smoking

Richard vs. Dave

No dis to Dave 'cause he's good at what he does but Richard lays a dirty smelly turd on his head with fly's on the side. Richard rocks like no other.

Richard wins Grin

Axl vs. Scott

Scott got blown to hell n' backerack and slowly sealed over, finaly the brain went out and started making this shlupping sound, a sound you could smell, it started growing these like....teeth..incurving hooks....he thought it was cute at first n' built an act around it,  but after a while he started beating at it with his fist telling it to shut up 'cause it was screaming for days saying i wanted equal rights!!! . the whole abdomin would move up n' down n' start farting out the words you dig, he turned it into a novalty ventriloquist  act, scott screamed at it to shut up but it replied it is you who will shut up in the end not me cause we dont need you 'round here anymore..........then....there was nothing........just shredded newspaper clippings n' burned out toliet brushes, shower kertain's n' waterbuckets, no food corts no toilet tree's......silence....

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2005, 08:55:54 AM »

If you honestly open your eyes up you can see V.R is band that won?t last, their singer is out of control over n? over, slash plays simple solos when he was supposed to be the best guitar player a long long time ago, c?mon let?s admit it Slash n? those guys could do a better album but the truth is they didn?t so anyway V.R will never be famous n? amazing like GNR, even the new gnr members show to V.R that they do know how play good music these days!? ?hihi

Are you DaveGnFnR2k16 under a different name? Let's see:
VR's singer is out of control. Gee, hasn't he always been? Been around for awhile, huh? Think Axl's in control? How many great lead singers do you know of that aren't nutty?

Slash plays simple solos? Sure the solos with VR aren't like his solos with Guns...yet. But Fall To Pieces has sweet guitar work in it and if you don't think Slash will be around for awhile, you're sadly mistaken.

VR will never be famous like GnR? Of course not. But GnR was famous b/c of its members which included 3 from VR!

And I have no idea what you said in the end about new GnR members. But anyone who is sane would rate Slash and Duff above their counterparts in nu GnR. Matt and Brain is a toss up.? Richard and Dave are as well but Dave's body of work is better IMO.? And Axl was once great but has shown nothing in a decade while Scott has put out Platinum albums.? Who knows how Axl is now? Clearly I would take old Axl vs any Scott but who knows what nu Axl is like? He hasn't appeared in years and was iffy then.?

This whole thread is silly. How can you compare an existing band to one that is still, well, fictional?

in the end I said :  the new GNR members are good musicians to play with Axl, Duff, Matt n' Slash seem to make music to Christina Aguilera THESE TIMES cuz they don?t sound like a rock band anymore!, if you don't believe me so hear their album n? see their ridiculous shows!

Oh I notice Scott is your hero but at least you had the chance to hide it but you couldn't so let me tell ya something Axl isn't outta control, he never lost contro anyway!, I don't care if Scott has put out Platinum albums cuz that guy sucks more than ever, he's so very stoned every time they are on stage, he?s lost in a world of drugs again but he says he's clean to date  Roll Eyes  , so it's time for ya to respect Axl cuz he's not a wacko!, he's not a stoner!, he's the best singer ever! Can ya admit it for once? i don't care if axl's been away from us after all this time cuz anyway he showed us a time that he'll be a living legend always!, got it?   Grin
AxemanOnFire
Headliner

« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2005, 01:59:22 PM »

in the end I said :? the new GNR members are good musicians to play with Axl, Duff, Matt n' Slash seem to make music to Christina Aguilera THESE TIMES cuz they don?t sound like a rock band anymore!, if you don't believe me so hear their album n? see their ridiculous shows!

Oh I notice Scott is your hero but at least you had the chance to hide it but you couldn't so let me tell ya something Axl isn't outta control, he never lost contro anyway!, I don't care if Scott has put out Platinum albums cuz that guy sucks more than ever, he's so very stoned every time they are on stage, he?s lost in a world of drugs again but he says he's clean to date? Roll Eyes? , so it's time for ya to respect Axl cuz he's not a wacko!, he's not a stoner!, he's the best singer ever! Can ya admit it for once? i don't care if axl's been away from us after all this time cuz anyway he showed us a time that he'll be a living legend always!, got it?? ?Grin

... And I'll be happy to see those lovely young men in their shiny white coats and they're coming to take me away!
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2005, 06:11:49 PM »

Scott: last gnR show I went to Axl never showed up
Slash: dumb question
Dave: another dumb question
Duff: another dumb question
matt; another dumb question

who the fuck needs a keyboard player in a rock band

How can you compare a band that is the industries biggest punchline to a band that's had one hit record and one world tour and preparing for it's second.

Unless you want to compare how the new GnR plays the old GnRs songs.  Otherwise, you got nothing to compare
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #192 on: December 07, 2005, 06:32:14 PM »

Unless you want to compare how the new GnR plays the old GnRs songs.  Otherwise, you got nothing to compare

Why fucking bother? As Axl said, "This new band can play the fuck out of these songs!" ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
misterbrownstone
« Reply #193 on: December 07, 2005, 07:24:18 PM »

Axl
vocals 8 (10 way back when)-a little weak these days, but still has killer range
apperance 9 (10 way back when)-he looks pretty good now, his face has filled out since he's not a stick anymore
style 7 (10 way back when)-jerseys?  gym pants?  come on, man! (i'm fine with the braids)
presence 10-when he hits the stage everyone goes crazy
energy 10-runs around for everything, dances etc
lyrics 11-best writter since lennon/mccartney  peace

Scott
vocals 7 (9 on the STP album core)-his voice is pretty generic and average.  he sounded great on Core, though
appearance 8-looks cool and can scowl
style 7-looks like most other rockstars.  leather jacket, t shirt and jeans.
presence 10-real good stage presence
energy 10-very good frontman
lyrics 7-average lyrics about drugs

Axl wins, 55 to 49

guitar

Slash
stage presence 10-slash is a god
energy 7-used to run around more often in GN'R days, now he's a bit heavy.
ability 9-estranged, but his stuff in contraband is pretty lame
cool factor 10-top hat, cigarette, mop of hair, sunglasses?  come on, it's a classic!

robin
stage presence 8-very good, but better in NIN
energy 9-he really gets into the solos
ability 7-he messes up a lot of solos, but his solo in the blues is fantastic
cool factor 8-the bald head was cool, but now he looks like jesus!

Slash wins 36-32

Dave
stage presence 4-overshadowed by Slash
energy 10-does go pretty crazy on stage
ability 7-nothing impressive
cool factor 6-looks very weak when on stage with Slash

Richard
stage presence 7-pounds his guitar into oblivion
energy 10-watch him pound his guitar
ability 9-his solo in the end of the blues is very good, and he's a very capible rhythm guitarist
cool factor 8-cool and a very nice guy

Richard wins 34-27

Duff
stage presence 8-the once GN'R bassist and his friend Slash still are a menacing duo
energy 8-pretty active on stage
ability 7-copied the solo from SCOM onto FTP.  nothing exciting
cool factor 8-cool hair in the 80s/90s, and he has aged decently

Tommy
Stage presence 8-jumps around a bit and headbangs a lot
energy 8-see above
ability 9-excellent work with the replacements, and is very good in the blues
cool factor 7-i like the plad suits

Tommy wins 32-31

Drums
Matt
ability 8-pretty good solos during UYI tour, but nothing fasanating with VR
presence 7-eh.  nothing like alex van halen, but no as bad as ringo starr
energy 8-gets real into it
cool factor 6-looked like a creep during UYI, but looks better now

Brain
ability 9-amazing drummer in primus, but we are yet to hear what he can do with GN'R.  madagascar is pretty lame drumming.
presence 6-not a very powerful drummer that demands respect
energy 8-gets into the old songs
cool factor 5-nothing much intersting about Brain.

matt wins 29-28

so far overall

VR 172
GN'R 181
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #194 on: December 07, 2005, 09:16:21 PM »

in the end I said :? the new GNR members are good musicians to play with Axl, Duff, Matt n' Slash seem to make music to Christina Aguilera THESE TIMES cuz they don?t sound like a rock band anymore!, if you don't believe me so hear their album n? see their ridiculous shows!

Oh I notice Scott is your hero but at least you had the chance to hide it but you couldn't so let me tell ya something Axl isn't outta control, he never lost contro anyway!, I don't care if Scott has put out Platinum albums cuz that guy sucks more than ever, he's so very stoned every time they are on stage, he?s lost in a world of drugs again but he says he's clean to date? Roll Eyes? , so it's time for ya to respect Axl cuz he's not a wacko!, he's not a stoner!, he's the best singer ever! Can ya admit it for once? i don't care if axl's been away from us after all this time cuz anyway he showed us a time that he'll be a living legend always!, got it?? ?Grin

... And I'll be happy to see those lovely young men in their shiny white coats and they're coming to take me away!

i see you wanna be like your hero called Scott cuz you ingest drugs before replyin' at our posts over here  hihi  , ya make no senese   Roll Eyes
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #195 on: December 07, 2005, 09:20:16 PM »

i see you wanna be like your hero called Scott cuz you ingest drugs before replyin' at our posts over here? hihi? , ya make no senese? ?Roll Eyes
You bitch and moan way too much! confused

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #196 on: December 07, 2005, 09:24:50 PM »

OMG!  why on earth has this thread been brought back to life?!

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #197 on: December 07, 2005, 09:32:24 PM »

i see you wanna be like your hero called Scott cuz you ingest drugs before replyin' at our posts over here? hihi? , ya make no senese? ?Roll Eyes

go n' hear your V.R's stuff instead of openin' your mouth to speak 'bout me, you're the only one who thinks scott sings better than axl   rant  , you don't deserve to be called a gnr fan, find a V.R forum when you can adore'em like crazy!!!  Roll Eyes
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #198 on: December 07, 2005, 09:45:29 PM »

go n' hear your V.R's stuff instead of openin' your mouth to speak 'bout me, you're the only one who thinks scott sings better than axl? ?rant? , you don't deserve to be called a gnr fan, find a V.R forum when you can adore'em like crazy!!!? Roll Eyes
That's your dumbest post yet. Everyone here knows I'm not a fan of VR.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #199 on: December 07, 2005, 09:46:15 PM »

OMG!? why on earth has this thread been brought back to life?!
I was wondering that same thing.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: