Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:34:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Official NHL 2005-2006 Season Thread
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official NHL 2005-2006 Season Thread  (Read 84156 times)
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #400 on: July 11, 2006, 11:34:58 AM »

Sometimes when you're god-awful you have to ditch your stars. Buffalo had really low scoring, dumped their #1 goal scorer in Satan, and actually got better from it. Although, that was a little different because the players and city didn't like him, and Chicago embraces Arnason and Bell.

Still, chances have to be taken to get better.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #401 on: July 11, 2006, 05:46:44 PM »

I don't think Bertuzzi can make a big impact for the Panthers, but if they have to move Luongo, they might as well get someone who can bring in as much ticket revenue (I mean, they're in Florida, they need all the draw to the arena they can get).

Good move for Vancouver unless they run into cap problems b/c of it. Florida, well, it's better than just flat out losing Luongo to free agency.

Luongo gave his agent permission to do what needed to be done to get a deal done with Florida. The team was still being pissy about last years arbitration hearing that got a bit bitter. So they let their biggest star walk. Their is still some good young talent here(Jokinen, Horton) but Luongo made this team go. If this team played any type of defense in front of him he would have been in the heat for the Vezina trophy again.

I've seen no reason to continue my season tickets, which sucks because I love this sport. I'm just tired of handing my money to an orginazation that makes no attempt to address weaknesses or improve anywhere in general. Excuse me while I go order a Luongo jersey from the Vancouver team page. rant

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #402 on: July 11, 2006, 07:49:33 PM »

this would be sweet but Hamilton is too close to Toronto and Buffalo

Hamilton Penguins?

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is reporting four bidders have surfaced for the Pittsburgh Penguins but there could soon be a fifth, probably in Canada and possibly wanting to place the team in Hamilton, Ontario.

Club owners, led by California billionaire Ron Burkle and retired Hall of Fame player Mario Lemieux, would like to finalize the sale by the start of the season in October.

One name that has been tied to potential NHL ownership in Hamilton is Toronto attorney Richard Rodier.

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/blogs/hockey_hearsay/2006/07/11/hamilton_penguins/

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #403 on: July 11, 2006, 10:20:16 PM »

Hamilton Penguins?

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is reporting four bidders have surfaced for the Pittsburgh Penguins but there could soon be a fifth, probably in Canada and possibly wanting to place the team in Hamilton, Ontario.

Club owners, led by California billionaire Ron Burkle and retired Hall of Fame player Mario Lemieux, would like to finalize the sale by the start of the season in October.

One name that has been tied to potential NHL ownership in Hamilton is Toronto attorney Richard Rodier.

I don't understand why they'd set up in Hamilton.  What are they gonna try to compete with the Ti-Cats?  Seriously, Winnipeg would make more sense.  It's not really close to anything and the fans in Winnipeg would be loyal.  It would take a lot to draw out the Leafs fans in Hamilton and convert them to another team. 

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #404 on: July 16, 2006, 01:16:20 AM »

Rob Blake has re-joined the Kings, while Jeremy Roenick has left to go to Phoenix.  Plus, our leading scorer Demitra left.  Undecided  I dunno, if our coaching is good, we might make the playoffs, but with this squad, I only see another disappointing season ahead.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #405 on: July 16, 2006, 05:10:04 PM »

The Dallas Stars announced on Sunday that six-time All-Star centre Eric Lindros has agreed to a one-year contract with the team, his fourth stop in 14 seasons. Reports say Lindros and the Stars have agree to a one-year, $1.55 million US deal with incentives. Lindros, 33, played for the Toronto Maple Leafs last season, but suffered a wrist injury that limited him to just 33 games. He scored 11 goals and 22 points last season.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #406 on: July 17, 2006, 05:12:02 PM »

The Toronto Maple Leafs re-signed defencemen Brendan Bell, Jay Harrison and Carlo Colaiacovo to one-year deals.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #407 on: July 18, 2006, 09:39:54 AM »

TORONTO (CP) -- The Toronto Maple Leafs have landed veteran centre Michael Peca.

The NHL team scheduled a news conference for 11 a.m. ET Tuesday to announce the signing of the unrestricted free agent.

Peca, 32, has agreed to a one-year deal worth $2.5-million US, a source told The Canadian Press.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20060717_194235_5168

Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #408 on: July 18, 2006, 02:25:56 PM »

Signings like that are the kind of things the Leafs need to do.  They're not afraid to fork over money, but half the time it's on the wrong players.  As much as I hate the Leafs, this is a step in the right direction for them.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #409 on: July 18, 2006, 02:45:12 PM »

Signings like that are the kind of things the Leafs need to do.? They're not afraid to fork over money, but half the time it's on the wrong players.? As much as I hate the Leafs, this is a step in the right direction for them.

IMO they need a consistant scorer though...cuz of this signing they will not be able to afford Allison... Undecided

they only had 3 players over 20 goals last year...that won't cut it if they wanna contend no

Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #410 on: July 19, 2006, 12:48:07 AM »

Hamilton Penguins?

I don't understand why they'd set up in Hamilton.? What are they gonna try to compete with the Ti-Cats?? Seriously, Winnipeg would make more sense.? It's not really close to anything and the fans in Winnipeg would be loyal.? It would take a lot to draw out the Leafs fans in Hamilton and convert them to another team.?

Nope. The reason there is not a team in Hamilton is because the Leafs keep blocking attempts to place a team there. Trust me, Hamiliton will not have a problem selling out if they get a team.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #411 on: July 19, 2006, 08:51:59 AM »

WTF!!!

Smith fired as Islanders GM, replaced by goalie Snow

By IRA PODELL, AP Sports Writer, July 19, 2006

UNIONDALE, N.Y. (AP) -- Neil Smith campaigned to be the New York Islanders' general manager the very day the position opened up six months ago.

After getting the job last month, it took him less than six weeks to lose it.

Smith was abruptly fired Tuesday and replaced in stunning fashion by goalie Garth Snow, who retired -- going from backup to boss in an instant.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Auz656auHdrxNHfhjqWde0d7vLYF?slug=ap-islanders-smithfired&prov=ap&type=lgns

reportedly Team Advisor, Pat LaFontaine, immediately resigned after hearing the news....

what a fucking joke!! Undecided

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #412 on: July 20, 2006, 01:56:09 PM »

Salary Arbitration starts tommorrow....lotsa people going for it...especially on Buf who has 10 cases

Some top names Maxim Afinogenov (buf), Daniel Briere (buf), Ales Hemsky (edm), Jarret Stoll (edm), Michael Ryder (mtl), Scott Gomez (NJ), Mike York (NYI)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=7545&hubname=

Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #413 on: July 20, 2006, 10:47:46 PM »

When I heard Garth Snow was the new GM, my first thought was that he was going to trade himself away from that circus.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #414 on: July 25, 2006, 11:33:06 AM »

Apparently the Penguins have signed Mark Recchi yet again and also picked up Ron Petrovicky.

Both pickups sound good to me.  Recchi still has something in the tank, as he proved this past season.  Petrovicky adds a good presence on the checking line.  Petrovicky, Roy, Vandenbussche, and Cairns:  good to see the Pens are taking protection of players seriously, unlike when Lemieux was in Crosby's shoes skates.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #415 on: July 25, 2006, 12:06:48 PM »

Apparently the Penguins have signed Mark Recchi yet again and also picked up Ron Petrovicky.

Both pickups sound good to me.? Recchi still has something in the tank, as he proved this past season.? Petrovicky adds a good presence on the checking line.? Petrovicky, Roy, Vandenbussche, and Cairns:? good to see the Pens are taking protection of players seriously, unlike when Lemieux was in Crosby's shoes skates.

I think if they woulda just listened to Eddie O before last year they woulda been better off

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #416 on: July 27, 2006, 11:41:16 AM »

NewJersey has agreed to give Gomez a 1 year $5mill contract as awarded by arbitration but now they are over the salary cap and will be forced to move somebody to make cap room

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #417 on: July 27, 2006, 03:52:09 PM »

Lydman and Pommy resigned with the Sabres.

Also, the Sabres have a new jersey. For 16 home games next year they will wear the old retro blue and gold, and for the rest of the games they will wear a NEW blue and gold design. I've seen one possible design, it looks like a squirrel with horns. I hope it's not that one...

Fans at home games have been wearing an increasing number of retro jerseys and most of the city prefers the blue and gold.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #418 on: July 27, 2006, 06:02:11 PM »

Also, the Sabres have a new jersey. For 16 home games next year they will wear the old retro blue and gold, and for the rest of the games they will wear a NEW blue and gold design. I've seen one possible design, it looks like a squirrel with horns. I hope it's not that one...

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #419 on: July 27, 2006, 06:35:19 PM »

The Eagle has signed with Florida!

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: