Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:55:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  HTGTH t-shirts [offer closed] - Shirts are done!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HTGTH t-shirts [offer closed] - Shirts are done!  (Read 45555 times)
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2005, 10:20:45 PM »

k, call me an idiot but I have tried to open a Paypal account 4 times...is it something to do with being in Canada? I keep filling in the reqired fields but it keeps coming back as 'error' and changing my password to conform... :crying:seriously not even sure what I am doing wrong anymore...HeLp!!!! btw..Jarmo...9 euros + postage on top? or 9 total? I did the conversion but want to make sure if and when I get a paypal account I send the correct amount Wink

alexrose
Headliner

1992.05.22 - It's been 14 years of silence....

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2005, 03:26:41 AM »

Guess what, Paypal ain't available in my country (Hungary). Any ideas? Thx.

Can we order anyway  T-shirt from Hungary? Huh

On Tour:
92.05.22 Budapest
93.06.06?Vienna
02.08.23 Leeds
02.08.26 London
06.05.31 Budapest
06.06.13 Prague
06.06.15?Warsaw
06.06.17 Novarock
06.06.29 London 2x
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2005, 05:58:24 AM »

k, call me an idiot but I have tried to open a Paypal account 4 times...is it something to do with being in Canada? I keep filling in the reqired fields but it keeps coming back as 'error' and changing my password to conform... :crying:seriously not even sure what I am doing wrong anymore...HeLp!!!!

"Your password must be at least 8 characters long and is case-sensitive. Please do not enter accented characters."

Did you check that you conformed to those rules?

btw..Jarmo...9 euros + postage on top? or 9 total? I did the conversion but want to make sure if and when I get a paypal account I send the correct amount Wink

It's 9 euros + postage. Check the second post of the thread for the right total price Wink

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2005, 06:05:30 AM »

Id say  a big problem is probably Pay Pal

for kids under 18 who visit the site who voted to buy a shirt, the only means they'd have to get a shirt is via money order

If I werent able to use my GF's paypal account and card, I wouldnt have been able to order a shirt either cause I dont have a checking account,credit card or any other way of getting one.

So that may have a bit to do with it, cause there is no way I wont order one as much as i love the site,but like i said without My Gf's card, even I wouldnt have been able to follow through.

Well, if Paypal is the problem, I would expect a few people to tell us about it, and so far no one has (except you and that person in Hungary).
Besides, it was mentioned very early on that Paypal would be the only method of payment, so people who were opposed to Paypal shouldn't have voted in the poll I guess.  Undecided

And, excuse me to ask you such a private question, but how is it possible that you're 26 and don't have a checking account? I mean, where do you put the money that you use in everyday life (not the savings)? I don't get it, maybe the expression "checking account" doesn't mean what I think it does in the US  Huh

LimeGreen_Engines
Headliner

I like GN'R, but not that much.

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2005, 06:56:18 AM »

Jarmo, you asked, so let me enlighten you as to why these shirts of yours aren't flying off the shelves (or outta your bedroom)

First off, This crappy system you got about "everyone has to wait until we receive 100 orders until they get their shirt" is obviously turning alot of people off. People want to order with confidence and know that they're going to get their goods in a reasonable time.

Secondly, Only accepting PayPal is another turn off. You want people to order these shirts but you don't accept cheque,postal order, cash,credit cards.......only PayPal. Alot of people don't know what paypal is and can't be bothered finding out. Even I accept cheques,postal orders etc with my crappy little eBay account. It's as if you're trying to make it hard for people to order.

Thirdly, The idea of wearing a T-Shirt about an internet fan site isn't very appealing.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 07:02:33 AM by LimeGreen_Engines » Logged
LimeGreen_Engines
Headliner

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2005, 07:00:45 AM »

I could tell you which company it is, but their website is all in French so I'm not sure you'll be able to make heads and tails out of it? Grin

Oh and Pandora, don't presume so much. I speak very good French.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2005, 07:22:57 AM »

Jarmo, you asked, so let me enlighten you as to why these shirts of yours aren't flying off the shelves (or outta your bedroom)

First off, This crappy system you got about "everyone has to wait until we receive 100 orders until they get their shirt" is obviously turning alot of people off. People want to order with confidence and know that they're going to get their goods in a reasonable time.

Secondly, Only accepting PayPal is another turn off. You want people to order these shirts but you don't accept cheque,postal order, cash,credit cards.......only PayPal. Alot of people don't know what paypal is and can't be bothered finding out. Even I accept cheques,postal orders etc with my crappy little eBay account. It's as if you're trying to make it hard for people to order.

Thirdly, The idea of wearing a T-Shirt about an internet fan site isn't very appealing.

I dont see any other way Jarmo and co. could do it. Remember this is alot of work. I did something simular a couple of years ago, and that was only 20 shirts, but damn, when all 20 ecspects tings to be done on theyr way, there was soon alot of  confused  confused I think its great that Jarmo and Pandora do this! And they dont even earn anything worth mention on it!
Everything is up to the people on the board! Get your orders in!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2005, 08:41:31 AM »

Small question:

Why does Paypal need my phone number and how many times will they call me

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2005, 08:42:14 AM »

Oh and Pandora, don't presume so much. I speak very good French.

Hmm, you weren't the one asking the question about the printing company, were you?

As I said before, THIS IS NOT AN ONLINE STORE. We are not professional t-shirt sellers. Do you expect us to pay for 100 shirts out of our own pocket and then wait for people to hopefully order them, and if not remain stranded with them and be screwed with our own money? Dream on man, we're not the Hiltons in case you don't know.
The fact we were gonna use that method was mentioned from the get-go, so once again people shouldn't have voted if they were opposed to it.

Of course, we're deliberately sabotaging the whole thing  Roll Eyes  Listen, I do this out of my spare time and I find it amazing that some people still find a way to bitch about it.
Using Paypal makes my accounting and my life in general more simple. You've probably never cashed in a cheque or a money order from abroad, otherwise you would know what a drag it is. If we accepted them, we would basically have to double the price that we charge in order to cover :
- change fees
- fees that are applied just because it comes from a foreign bank, and you can bet your ass they would be hefty.
I don't think anyone would want to buy a shirt at 30 euros, do you?
Besides, why would I bother spending every friggin day of the week at my bank trying to cash in those things when you can't be bothered spending 5 minutes of your goddamn time following a very simple registering process? I'm not your gopher.

Apparently, 180 something people disagreed with you.

Bottom line is, I can understand Paypal is a problem if you're underage or if you live in a country where Paypal is not available, but otherwise I don't understand what the problem is. If you think the shirt is going to be handed over to you on a plate as if you were buying from Amazon, you're wrong. A little effort is required on your part, but remember we're making MUCH more effort than you on our side.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2005, 08:43:26 AM »

Well, I have no way of ordering 100 t-shirts of various sizes myself and have them sitting here in my place.

I always thought Paypal was the easiest way since you actually can use a credit card with it.

Well maybe then people shouldn't have told me they want t-shirts or voted in the polls?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2005, 09:04:03 AM »

And, excuse me to ask you such a private question, but how is it possible that you're 26 and don't have a checking account? I mean, where do you put the money that you use in everyday life (not the savings)? I don't get it, maybe the expression "checking account" doesn't mean what I think it does in the US? Huh
You need steady income for a checking account, as far as I know D is a musician so he doesn't have income coming in unless he has some other job, I don't know

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
anythinggoes
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2005, 09:13:10 AM »

Small question:

Why does Paypal need my phone number and how many times will they call me

smoking Izzy? smoking

its just another security measure they have never called me yet i too cannot understand why there is so much bitching it took me less than one minute to order the shirt and it takes five minutes to register all you need is a bank account or a credit card if you dont have one im sure you mummy or daddy does or failing that one of your friends surely has ask them to do the order the tshirt can still be shipped to your house if they change shipping address if i can work it out the rest of you fuckers can  rant over
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2005, 09:33:30 AM »

Some of you guys are making this so fucking difficult.

Paypal is the way to go. It just takes 5 minutes of your time and a checking account. I've lived in the States 4 years so it's not like you need to have a job to have a checking account. A driver's lisence, SSN and $25 deposit will do. Even illegal citizens can open a checking account, so c'mon people.

Money orders are a pain in the ass. Especially since we are talking about such a small amount. I've used Western Union before but that was because I had to send a large amount and my paypal account wasn't verified then. Bottom line, I had to pay an outrageous comission and I'm not doing it again. it'de be ridiculous to send a money order for $20 guys c'mon.

Other poster mentioned a cheque...well, a foreign cheque will take about 3 weeks at least to validate. Banks are a pain in the ass, and they are not? willing to take a risk even for $20...what if it bounces?? nervous

What's left then? posting a $20 bill inside en envelope? C'mon people, we are not in the stone age anymore.

Sorry about the rant guys, but it's not cool when 180 people signed up for the shirt thing knowing paypal was gonna be the only payment method allowed, and today there're only 40 (i'm assuming here) who made the purchase.

If anybody has trouble using paypal, PM me.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2005, 09:52:26 AM »

What's left then? posting a $20 bill inside en envelope? C'mon people, we are not in the stone age anymore.

And don't forget there's 50% chance that the cash is stolen in the mail and that I end up accused of being a thief since I won't be able to prove otherwise  Tongue

? T????Wh?T? ?
Opening Act

Just a little patience...

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2005, 11:06:13 AM »

How many orders do we have right now?

ToRReWHiTe
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2005, 11:37:23 AM »

About 30 shirts, which isn't much at all. Problem is, if everyone waits for others to pay before making their decision, we're not gonna go forward.  Undecided

? T????Wh?T? ?
Opening Act

Just a little patience...

« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2005, 11:44:08 AM »

Well, 30% of the goal in a week and a half is very good.  As you said (and that's bad) some people are waiting to see a good amount of shirts to make their order.  And I should say to them:  don't let this opportunity pass, maybe when you decide to order a shirt the time is over and no more shirts will come out again.
Imagine yourself wearing your HTGTH t-shirt....  priceless!  ok

ToRReWHiTe
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2005, 03:11:39 PM »

I was thinking about whether or not to order a shirt yesterday, and one thing I don't like about them is the "We know about Patience" saying. (I didn't vote in the polls or anything and never really had the desire to get one, but now that the ordering has started I decided maybe I would like one) Anyway, I know it's probably too late but last night I was thinking about it and I thought "We'll be here standin' until the bitter end" (In the tune of Rocket Queen) would be a cooler saying.

I meant, personally I thought it would be a better slogan. I mean only Guns fans would know HTGTH and only Guns fans would know lyrics to RQ.

LimeGreen_Engines
Headliner

« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2005, 03:35:42 PM »

I was thinking about whether or not to order a shirt yesterday, and one thing I don't like about them is the "We know about Patience" saying. I was thinking about it and I thought "We'll be here standin' until the bitter end" (In the tune of Rocket Queen) would be a cooler saying.

I meant, personally I thought it would be a better slogan. I mean only Guns fans would know HTGTH and only Guns fans would know lyrics to RQ.

rofl Nah "St'anding here till the bitter end"....that's totally wanky. 'We know about Patience' is alot better.

Meh, I won't be buying one but..

Good luck to you Jarmo. Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2005, 03:58:12 PM »

It's a bit late to change it now.....

The slogan used is a reference to GN'R fans being patient as well as the song itself which was a huge hit for the band. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: