Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:44:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  3 questions for the experts...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3 questions for the experts...  (Read 2765 times)
Erik SN
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: July 24, 2005, 11:10:39 PM »

Firstly, is "Shadow Of Your Love" the only song that was recorded with the original (Adler era) line-up that appeared on an official release but was not on "Live Like A Suicide", "Appetite", or "Lies" BESIDES "Civil War"?? Are there any other songs that were recorded with this line-up and relesaed on other ***OFFICIAL*** singles, EPs, etc?

Subquestion:? Are the versions of "Shadow Of Your Love" on the "It's So Easy" 12" and the "Live And Let Die" single the same? (I only have the L&LD vinyl).

Second question: Are the acoustic versions of "You're Crazy" from "Lies" and the "Welcome To The Jungle" second issue different or the same? What exactly is the Welcome To The Jungle second issue? Is it a 12", 7", domestic, import, and what other songs are on it... (besides WTTJ)?

Thirdly, does anyone know WITH A FAIR AMOUNT OF CERTAINTY AND NOT JUST PURE SPECULATION if You Could Be Mine, Don't Cry, November Rain, and possibly other UYI tracks were recorded during the Appetetite sessions?? What extra songs were actually recorded, why were they not included, and most importantly: can these versions be found on any bootlegs??

Subquestion: Does anyone know where i can get bootlegs of demo (live or rehearsal) recordings from '85-'87 with You Could Be Mine, Don't Cry, or any other songs that would later appear on UYI but that were written during the Steve Adler period??
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 06:44:28 AM »

Firstly, is "Shadow Of Your Love" the only song that was recorded with the original (Adler era) line-up that appeared on an official release but was not on "Live Like A Suicide", "Appetite", or "Lies" BESIDES "Civil War"?? Are there any other songs that were recorded with this line-up and relesaed on other ***OFFICIAL*** singles, EPs, etc?
No, I don't think so

Subquestion:? Are the versions of "Shadow Of Your Love" on the "It's So Easy" 12" and the "Live And Let Die" single the same? (I only have the L&LD vinyl).
No, the Live And Let Die version is faster and the It's So Easy version has audience sounds like Live Like A Suicide.

Second question: Are the acoustic versions of "You're Crazy" from "Lies" and the "Welcome To The Jungle" second issue different or the same? What exactly is the Welcome To The Jungle second issue? Is it a 12", 7", domestic, import, and what other songs are on it... (besides WTTJ)?
They are different, the single version of You're Crazy is an acoustic demo. The second issue of WTTJ was released (in 1988) about one year after the first was released in 1987. The 2nd issue has WTTJ, Nightrain and You're Crazy on it and was released in europe.

SwedeChildO'Mine
Guy in the locker, feeling like a
Rocker

W. Axl Rose - Pure talent

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 08:06:20 AM »

Here is a little help for the 3rd q:
None of them were recorded during Appetie era. November Rain were a 12 (I believe) minutes long song with only piano. Don't Cry were the first song they wrote but they chose to not include it in AFD because it didn't fit very well in the album. In the Roxy 86 show you'll find Don't Cry.
Erik SN
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 05:13:10 PM »

thanks for the help so far people.

so where there any other songs recorded during the Appetite sessions then? there seems to be a lot of rumors and speculation that there were others recorded. can anyone find in an interview or something concrete that can put the rumors to rest one way or the other???
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 07:39:56 AM »

Isn't there a "rare track" thread here somewhere?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: