Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:24:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Iron Maiden Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 115903 times)
Chris Misfit
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2003, 04:21:18 PM »

New Guns & Roses is vaporware. They haven't done anything yet to deserve being compared to such a great band.

Don't say that dude, GNR are the bestestestestest band of the 2000's.

They even played the VMA's, yet had no video's. That means they rule.

Oh, wait....
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2003, 12:31:05 AM »

Ok I'm not going to say this to create controversy but Iron Maiden have never apeared in a MTV (USA) music award and they still are bigger than Hell itself and also they have a long trayectory than Mr. Guns, but anyway they are both Great Excellent, Best Band for Me I love Them  [love]  [peace]

No man can be my equal
mortismurphy
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2003, 05:49:42 AM »

My main critisism of Iron Maiden (beyond the fact there music is crud haha) is this...
There ALWAYS releasing Tat.
There long list of live albums (around 200, isnt it?) is something of a running music industry joke.
Endless remasters, Boxsets, Greatest hits sets
They almost have Kiss beaten

Never trust bands with cheese mascots, it isn't cool, it is just a excuse to sell Crap

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2003, 05:40:24 AM »

I love Iron Maiden, their seventh son of seventh son album is awesome, infinite dreams....we pray for a GNR cover. Clearly GNR are much better but maiden are great and can't wait for for the new album........

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2003, 12:41:52 AM »

One of the greatest bands of all time who have not been given the credit they deserve. The do not have one bad song(not counting the stuff without Bruce). They have not lost their edge (check out Brave New World from a few years back). Up there on my top 10 list.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2003, 11:57:20 AM »

Virtual XI and The X Factor always seem to get a bad rap i personally like the albums alot i just wondered am i alone?
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2004, 07:05:46 PM »

Has anyone heard the Killers version of 1980, that comes in eddies archives? thats not the real lyrics isn't it??  nervous Huh

No man can be my equal
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2005, 12:35:47 PM »

The following report is courtesy of of BBC News: ELVIS PRESLEY is top of the UK SINGLES CHART for the 19th time, with his re-release of 'Jailhouse Rock'. X Factor winner Steve Brookstein has been knocked from the top spot after just one week at number one. There was another surprise new entry in the top 10, with rockers IRON MAIDEN at three with 'The Number Of The Beast'. Next Sunday could see a huge milestone in chart history. If it's a new number one it will be the 1,000th chart-topper since the singles chart was created.

This means if sales go the right way Iron Maiden could have the 1,000th UK No.1, that would be great, for once a decent Number 1.
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2005, 11:49:33 AM »

First album lineup.

Both bands are great and that's it.

BTW have you checked Maiden's last Dvd? It's the shit.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2005, 04:10:39 PM »

Virtual XI and The X Factor always seem to get a bad rap i personally like the albums alot i just wondered am i alone?

I like X factor more than dance of death  nervous, that answer your question?

BTW have you checked Maiden's last Dvd? It's the shit.

Yes is excellent I can't wait for the next part  love

No man can be my equal
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2005, 06:16:05 PM »

Hey..Guess you could say im kind of a new Maiden fan..But im still not sure aboutt he truth behind Eddie..Whats the deal with Edddie..I know its liek there mascot type thing and is on all there albums and videos..but what is the story behind Eddie?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2005, 08:27:10 PM »

I like X factor more than dance of death? nervous, that answer your question?

That's not difficult it sucks their best album of recent years is Brave New World
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 01:00:15 PM by Stoned » Logged
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2005, 04:48:00 PM »

That's not difficult it sucks their best album of recent years is Brave New World

Agree on That, songs like dreams of mirrors, fallen angel, the thin line between love and hate; make a most listening album, even though they're not singles.  yes

No man can be my equal
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2005, 05:11:08 PM »

Hey..Guess you could say im kind of a new Maiden fan..But im still not sure aboutt he truth behind Eddie..Whats the deal with Edddie..I know its liek there mascot type thing and is on all there albums and videos..but what is the story behind Eddie?

Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2005, 12:39:26 AM »

Huh? Huh? When did i post that?? Grin

It was Ed the Head in the early days, check it's origin here http://www.demonlux.de/english2.htm

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2005, 09:03:23 AM »

What did everyone think of Dance of Death?

I wasn't impressed at all - remarkably average, especially guitar wise, that can't be the best three guitarists can do?

Maiden just seem to release the same album over and over again, they really need to evolve their sound - and the lyrics have always been awful, but without a good riff to bail them out Maiden songs can become very painful....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2005, 09:24:51 AM »

Iron maiden r well brilliant.theyr in my top 10 fav bandz

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2005, 05:47:44 PM »

YOU CAN ALSO FIND NEWS FROM MAIDEN IN THE OZZFEST 2005 THREAD

The U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine is reporting that IRON MAIDEN will headline the list night of the Reading the Leeds festivals in August, their only U.K. shows on their current European tour.

This will be the first time that MAIDEN will have headlined Reading since 1982 and their stage set and choice of material may be familiar to fans who were there the first time around. To celebrate their 25th anniversary, the band will only be playing material from their first four albums on these dates. The stage set ? currently being constructed ? will also reflect the early years of MAIDEN's live shows.

"This will be back to the full on metal spectacular," said Bruce Dickinson. "We've always put everything, physically and mentally, into our stage shows and this will be no exception. People are back and into REAL live music now and we want to make sure that the MAIDEN shows are never surpassed and an incredable experience for everyone there!"

There will also be a "Dance of Death" live album and DVD released in the early autumn, which will actually be the last in the series of DVDs chronicling MAIDEN of which "The History of Iron Maiden - Part 1: The Early Days" was the first part. Subsequent releases will fill in the rest of the gaps.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 08:59:20 AM by Malcolm » Logged

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2005, 05:48:59 PM »

IRON MAIDEN have confirmed they are to release their classic track "The Trooper" as a single to precede their hugely-anticipated headline appearances at the Reading and Leeds Festivals and their double live album "Death On The Road". The single will be released on August 15 as a maxi-CD, limited-edition blue 7" vinyl and 12" picture discs, all featuring a live recording of "The Trooper", taken from their forthcoming new album/DVD "Death On The Road", plus previously unavailable live tracks recorded on June 7, 2005 at Reykjavik Egishorllin Stadium.

"The Trooper", taken from the classic IRON MAIDEN album "Piece of Mind", was originally released as a single in July 1983 and reached No. 12 on the U.K chart. It has long been a live favorite and is a particular highlight of the current tour which is based around the band's first four albums. IRON MAIDEN's last single, "The Number of the Beast", entered the U.K. chart at No 3 when it was released early this year.

The Reading and Leeds appearances will complete IRON MAIDEN's busy summer touring schedule that includes top billing at major European Festivals and their own headlining stadium dates, like their record-breaking show in Gothenburg at the 55,000-capacity Ullevi Stadium that sold out in a mere two and a half hours. Just prior to Reading and Leeds, the band will be joining BLACK SABBATH on Ozzfest in North America, plus playing plus playing sold out gigs in Denver, Quebec and Toronto.

On August 29, IRON MAIDEN release "Death on the Road", the double live album recorded in Dortmund, Germany during their 2003 "Dance Of Death" world tour.

The single "The Trooper" is released on August 15 in the following three formats:

7" Limited-Edition Blue Vinyl:

The Trooper (Live 2003)
c/w Another Life (Live 2005)

12" Picture Disc Limited Edition in die cut sleeve:

The Trooper (Live 2003)
The Trooper (original version)
c/w Murders in the Rue Morgue

Enhanced Maxi CD:

Audio Tracks
The Trooper (Live 2003)
The Trooper (original version)
Prowler (live 2005)

Videos
The Trooper (Live 2003)
The Trooper (original promo)

IRON MAIDEN have also just announced that they are to play a special benefit concert in aid of former drummer Clive Burr MS Trust Fund at London's Hammersmith Carling Apollo on Friday, September 2 with special guests PIG IRON and VOODOO SIX.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 08:59:51 AM by Malcolm » Logged

Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2005, 12:07:18 PM »

Maiden playing songs of the first 4 albums thats great news, I hope they play prodigal son and prowler  ok

No man can be my equal
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: