Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:42:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Iron Maiden Thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 115282 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #340 on: March 02, 2010, 11:10:19 AM »

Fuck yes.   headbanger

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
slash1213
Rocker

GNR42

« Reply #341 on: March 02, 2010, 02:01:34 PM »

I know man.. Hopefully is an Album release date and US tour ..  beer

11-30-1992 Bogota, Colombia
05-14-2006 New York, NY
10-24-2006 Sunrise, FL
10-27-2006 Estero, FL
11-10-2006 New York, NY
10-29-2011 Miami, FL
12-31-2011 Las Vegas
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #342 on: March 04, 2010, 04:45:34 PM »

there's some good news for the north american fans on their website Wink
slash1213
Rocker

GNR42

« Reply #343 on: March 04, 2010, 06:21:36 PM »

Fuck, no south Florida date.. well New york it is then Cheesy

11-30-1992 Bogota, Colombia
05-14-2006 New York, NY
10-24-2006 Sunrise, FL
10-27-2006 Estero, FL
11-10-2006 New York, NY
10-29-2011 Miami, FL
12-31-2011 Las Vegas
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #344 on: June 27, 2010, 12:12:58 AM »

anyone want two lawn seats for PNC on July 11? I cannot attend and need to get rid of them.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #345 on: August 21, 2010, 10:58:13 AM »

Darryl Sterdan of the QMI Agency recently conducted an interview with vocalist Bruce Dickinson of British heavy metal legends IRON MAIDEN. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Q: What does it mean to put out a 15th album? It can't give you the same thrill as the first one.

Dickinson: Well, it's not really a numbers game. Not for us, anyway. Every album you put out is important because it could be the last one ? especially when you get up to 15. I'd like to think this album would be a great starting point for our next album, or an equally great finishing point if we decide never to make another one. Not that we think of it as our last album. But never say never at this point.

Q: This record has some of your longest and most complex songs. Is that about challenging yourselves? You, in particular, seem like a man who not only likes challenges, but needs them.

Dickinson: Yeah. Without them, I'd get bored very quickly. But I think you have to find what challenges are appropriate. It's like the Clint Eastwood thing: A man's got to know his limitations. Once you know your limitations, then you can exceed them.

Q: Speaking of bringing people in, you literally fly planeloads of fans to and from shows as part of a VIP package. What happens on those flights?

Dickinson: We try and make it special. The flights are all Fight 666 ? that's on the boarding passes and everything. And we make up goodie bags ? you get a hat and Bruce Air sunglasses and flags and all kinds of good things. And the only way you can get this stuff is if you're on the flight. You can't go and buy it on a website. And I dish out signed photographs as well, and I chat to everybody. I come back and take pictures, I hang out with the cabin crew and sign stuff.

Q: "American Idol" needs a new acerbic Brit judge. Interested?

Dickinson: Absolutely not. You couldn't pay me enough to go on that show. I find it a bit sad that people enjoy it. There's another show called "Britain's Got Talent" which is clearly just an exercise in laughing at people's inability. It's sad. Reality TV leaves me completely cold. I couldn't tell you who won any of those shows. I've never watched them for longer than 30 seconds, which is sufficient to go, "I can't believe people sit and watch this shit."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #346 on: September 19, 2010, 07:14:13 PM »

Singer Bruce Dickinson, drummer Nicko McBrain and guitarist Adrian Smith of British heavy metal legends were interviewed for an episode of "Hard" on the AUX music channel out of Canada when the band played in Toronto, Ontario on July 3, 2010. The segment can now be viewed below.

Rod Smallwood, IRON MAIDEN's longtime manager, told The New York Times that more than 800,000 copies of the band's latest album, "The Final Frontier", had been shipped to retailers around the world by the end of August, with the group having sold about 85 million records in its 30-year career.

"A lot of bands could learn a lot from MAIDEN," Smallwood said. "MAIDEN is essentially about the relationship with the fans, and nothing comes between that. They don't want to be rock stars. They just enjoy playing for the fans."

According to David Kassler, chief operating officer of EMI for Europe, digital tracking services showed only small levels of illegal downloading of "The Final Frontier", which is attributable in part to the fact that IRON MAIDEN's songs do not fit the mold of a radio single ? three of them, on the newest release, are more than nine minutes long.

"You'd expect some people to be pirating, but they don't," Kassler told The New York Times. "They want the physical album. They love the artwork, the lyrics. It's something they want to show their friends and family."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=146294

Pretty cool video

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #347 on: July 27, 2013, 11:54:26 AM »

I have two spare tickets for Iron Maiden's show at the o2 Arena, next Sunday (4th August).

These are in block 101, just off to the left of the stage, so an excellent view is guaranteed!

Will accept an offer of ?60 for one ticket, or ?115 for both.

Note that these are electronic tickets, so the buyer(s) will need to meet me at the arena as we will need to enter the arena together (the credit card of the original buyer -i.e. me - is needed for entry).

I will accept offers by Private Message up until 1400 on Sunday 4th August.

Thanks for reading.

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #348 on: October 21, 2016, 09:53:28 AM »

One of my favorite bands just released a new album and while I was going through their old catalogue I forgot that a few years back they did a cover of Invaders.  They definitely did it 'their' way.  You'll see if you give it a chance Smiley

Candiria - Invaders
https://youtu.be/DZcAxPDtvb4
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #349 on: March 02, 2017, 03:50:03 PM »

I'm a big fan of the Paul DiAnno era. Sad that he royally screwed up and got fired.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #350 on: October 06, 2023, 11:11:42 PM »

Power Trip 2023

https://fb.watch/nwxgY_HC1d/