Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:57:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Iron Maiden Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 116279 times)
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2005, 08:00:53 AM »

Sorry if i'm a bit late! (3 years!) but, YESH I LOVE Iron Maiden, one of my top 3 fave bands!!!!!

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2005, 02:36:41 AM »

I thought Dance Of Death was an excellent album.  The Blaze Bailey stuff was lousy.  His voice was shit compared to Dickinson's, and the songs began to get repetitive and boring during his era.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
dustNroses
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2005, 04:14:30 AM »

MAIDEN RULES !!!!! NUFF SED.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2005, 10:50:35 AM »

I thought Dance Of Death was an excellent album.? The Blaze Bailey stuff was lousy.? His voice was shit compared to Dickinson's, and the songs began to get repetitive and boring during his era.

Dreadfully you can't compare Dickinson's voice with Bailey cause they are totally different and IMO Bruce voice is better addapted to the kind of music that Maiden do. Bailey on the other hand did a great job on the X factor, so good that Harris change the quick beginins of usual Iron Maiden with a more dark level, maybe harris was trying to change Maiden's musical trend to a darker level. Anyway some opinions of way of look Bailey's era??  nervous

No man can be my equal
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2005, 11:15:27 AM »

I thought Dance Of Death was an excellent album.? The Blaze Bailey stuff was lousy.? His voice was shit compared to Dickinson's, and the songs began to get repetitive and boring during his era.

Dreadfully you can't compare Dickinson's voice with Bailey cause they are totally different and IMO Bruce voice is better addapted to the kind of music that Maiden do. Bailey on the other hand did a great job on the X factor, so good that Harris change the quick beginins of usual Iron Maiden with a more dark level, maybe harris was trying to change Maiden's musical trend to a darker level. Anyway some opinions of way of look Bailey's era??? nervous
I thought Bailey was a great vocalist Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger, Man Over The Edge, Futureal, The Clansman are all classic Maiden songs as far as i am considered especially Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger it's an 8 minute classic i think both albums are damn good,  i love how alot of the songs start off nice and slow and the kick in at speed i could never understand the bad reviews.  fine Bruce came back with the magnificent Brave New World but Dance of Death was awful, i thought Bailey was a step in a new direction...a good one...like the band had evolved again.

Anyone know what Blaze Bailey is upto these days?
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2005, 03:59:48 PM »

Maiden r fuking awesome. theyr like 1 of the best things 2 com out of Britain. i got brave new world and Edward the great and Both r equally impressive. i love wickerman because the rhythm riff is so full of energy and Bruce's voice is limited but fantastik. GN'R r betta but Maiden r fuking gr8 2. the lead guitarist (4got his name) is superb.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2005, 04:22:02 PM »

Blaze has his own band, I believe its called Blaze.  Maiden's guitarists are Dave Murray, Adrian Smith, and Janick Gers.  They all switch off leads and they're all great.  I wouldn't consider any of Blaze's songs classic.  They still usually throw one in the live set and I wish they didn't.  When I saw them they played Lord Of The Flies and it was by far the worst song of the set, even with Bruce singing it.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2005, 06:05:52 PM »

The Clansman is definitely classic, but Bruce does it better!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2005, 02:46:06 AM »

The Clansman is definitely classic, but Bruce does it better!

I'll give you that.  When Blaze sings it its not that great, but when Bruce sings it its really good.  That is a good song that was brought down by Bailey's crappiness.  When you put Bruce on it its very good.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
dustNroses
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2005, 03:58:12 AM »

Brave new world proved that unlike some other old school bands that Maiden can still kick ass
Its almost my favorite album. Im just glad that bruce came to his senses and came back to the band he belongs in! ok
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2005, 08:49:17 AM »

Agreed..Brave New World was actually the 1st album I ever bought by Maiden..Wicker Man got me interested in them now i love them..Its an awsome album..Dream Of Mirrors and Blood Brothers are absolutely amazing

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2005, 10:14:37 AM »

Yeah!! There's something In a way that Bruce sings The Clansman that Blaze can't. Bruce leads the song to a different level  ok

No man can be my equal
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2005, 12:02:17 PM »

Yeah!! There's something In a way that Bruce sings The Clansman that Blaze can't. Bruce leads the song to a different level? ok
True.  Like i have said i am a big supporter of the 2 Blaze albums they are class but the best bit is the songs, Blaze vocals are good but the songs are even better when sung by Bruce if he'd of done vocals of those 2 records i don't even think they would have got poor reviews, i think the problem is people did not like the change, just like many M?tley Cr?e fans dislike the self-titled album w/ John Corabi not because it's a poor album but it's just not the sound or vocals they are used to, it's simple a Maiden album now has to have Bruce on vocals just like a M?tley Cr?e album has to have Vince Neil on vocals.  Live versions with Bruce on vocals can be found on the Eddie Archive boxset and on The Wicker Man B-sides (Futureal & Man On The Edge).
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2005, 01:52:43 AM »

Yeah!! There's something In a way that Bruce sings The Clansman that Blaze can't. Bruce leads the song to a different level? ok
True.? Like i have said i am a big supporter of the 2 Blaze albums they are class but the best bit is the songs, Blaze vocals are good but the songs are even better when sung by Bruce if he'd of done vocals of those 2 records i don't even think they would have got poor reviews, i think the problem is people did not like the change, just like many M?tley Cr?e fans dislike the self-titled album w/ John Corabi not because it's a poor album but it's just not the sound or vocals they are used to, it's simple a Maiden album now has to have Bruce on vocals just like a M?tley Cr?e album has to have Vince Neil on vocals.? Live versions with Bruce on vocals can be found on the Eddie Archive boxset and on The Wicker Man B-sides (Futureal & Man On The Edge).

But what about the Paul DiAnno albums.  He sung on the first 2 Maiden albums.  When Bruce took over the albums didn't get bad reviews, and he doesn't sound much like Paul DiAnno.  Also I had been listening to Maiden for almost a year before I heard any Dianno Maiden and I still love those first 2 albums.  They're among my favorite the band ever released.  I honestly think Blaze was a bad singer.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2005, 07:00:47 AM »

True.? Like i have said i am a big supporter of the 2 Blaze albums they are class but the best bit is the songs, Blaze vocals are good but the songs are even better when sung by Bruce if he'd of done vocals of those 2 records i don't even think they would have got poor reviews, i think the problem is people did not like the change, just like many M?tley Cr?e fans dislike the self-titled album w/ John Corabi not because it's a poor album but it's just not the sound or vocals they are used to, it's simple a Maiden album now has to have Bruce on vocals just like a M?tley Cr?e album has to have Vince Neil on vocals.? Live versions with Bruce on vocals can be found on the Eddie Archive boxset and on The Wicker Man B-sides (Futureal & Man On The Edge).

But what about the Paul DiAnno albums.? He sung on the first 2 Maiden albums.? When Bruce took over the albums didn't get bad reviews, and he doesn't sound much like Paul DiAnno.? Also I had been listening to Maiden for almost a year before I heard any Dianno Maiden and I still love those first 2 albums.? They're among my favorite the band ever released.? I honestly think Blaze was a bad singer.
It's interesting you say that because i think Paul DiAnno was an awful singer, those songs are good and once again i like Bruce's take on them but i think Paul DiAnno was poor, i'm sure i remember reading he was fired because the band did not think he was that good a singer, i'm probably wrong though, does anyone know the reason he left?
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2005, 02:27:47 PM »

He left cause there were a lot of things going on with Paul's life that was interfeiring with Iron Maiden, Steve told him if he can still go on with Maiden which Paul said I can't so he left actually, wasn't that kcik out, but he was always consider that was kick out cause he was living the live of Rock Start drinking too much and stuff like that and doesnt give a good concert. So steve told him that is better for Maiden that he leave the group. Those were the 2 reasons why Paul left.
Now I think that Paul voice is great, dreafully as Paul said, The best Iron Maiden singer is Bruce, there's no one better than bruce, so I think he is right, bruce fits excellent in Iron Maiden profile.  peace

No man can be my equal
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2005, 05:35:05 PM »

Thanks for the infor dude ok I think we can all agree then that Bruce Dickinson is the Ultimate Iron Maiden frontman and he sings all the songs better than anyone else can through his great stage presence and vocal ability.  I'll be interested to see what the next album sounds, i hated the direction they took on the last but i've found that despite what people think they have a totally different range they don't all sound the same each album seems to have it's own uniqueness while still keeping the classic Maiden style.  I would love to see another one in a similar vein to Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son i love the story throughout that despite the praise The Number of The Beast gets i would say Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son is the definative Iron Maiden album.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2005, 09:26:40 PM »

The Number of the Beast is probably the worst of Maiden's first 7 albums. Without Hallowed Be Thy Name on it, it would be a complete waste of an album.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2005, 10:29:01 AM »

The Number of the Beast is probably the worst of Maiden's first 7 albums. Without Hallowed Be Thy Name on it, it would be a complete waste of an album.

worst?? you'd like better somewhere in time?? even the band didn't like that album, but NOB is a classic and it defines Iron Maiden's music from that time on.

No man can be my equal
AxemanOnFire
Headliner

« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2005, 04:22:16 PM »

Woah, slow down. I hate Gangland as much as the next man, but c'mon, it has Invaders, one of their best anthems ever in The Prisoner, and of course the two awesome crowd-pleasers Run To The Hills and Number Of The Beast, that everybody knows and loves. Then at the end Hallowed Be Thy Name, which is an absolute masterpiece.

I would say NOTB, Powerslave and Seventh Son are the three 'must-own' Maiden albums.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: