Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:27:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Iron Maiden Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 116191 times)
IronMaiden415
Headliner

getting bizzy with izzy

« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2005, 12:25:49 PM »

Virtual XI and The X Factor always seem to get a bad rap i personally like the albums alot i just wondered am i alone?

you're not alone. Blaze Bayley was awesome on those two albums!  Smiley

Dec 17 - Tran Siberian Orchestra - fuckin amazing!
IronMaiden415
Headliner

getting bizzy with izzy

« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2005, 12:41:06 PM »

I thought Dance Of Death was an excellent album.? The Blaze Bailey stuff was lousy.? His voice was shit compared to Dickinson's, and the songs began to get repetitive and boring during his era.

Dreadfully you can't compare Dickinson's voice with Bailey cause they are totally different and IMO Bruce voice is better addapted to the kind of music that Maiden do. Bailey on the other hand did a great job on the X factor, so good that Harris change the quick beginins of usual Iron Maiden with a more dark level, maybe harris was trying to change Maiden's musical trend to a darker level. Anyway some opinions of way of look Bailey's era??? nervous
I thought Bailey was a great vocalist Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger, Man Over The Edge, Futureal, The Clansman are all classic Maiden songs as far as i am considered especially Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger it's an 8 minute classic i think both albums are damn good,? i love how alot of the songs start off nice and slow and the kick in at speed i could never understand the bad reviews.? fine Bruce came back with the magnificent Brave New World but Dance of Death was awful, i thought Bailey was a step in a new direction...a good one...like the band had evolved again.

Anyone know what Blaze Bailey is upto these days?

Blaze Bayley now has his own band, BLAZE. iv'e listened to them. they're stuff is good. kind of different from what he did with Maiden. check them out  www.myspace.com/blazebayley

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2005, 12:05:27 AM »

What the fuck?!!! Bruce Dickinson is the greatest metal vocalist of all time. Axl is one of the best frontmen and composers of all time, but his vocal range isn't nearly as wide as Bruce's. Also, Maiden writes beautiful music. Pick up Powerslave and listen to Rime of the Anicient Mariner before you base your judgements off of songs like RTTH or The Trooper. They also have to greatest bass player of all time, Steve Harris!!!  peace

You're getting a little ahead of yourself there. Maiden is probably the greatest metal band of all time, but Bruce Bruce isn't even close to Rob Halford.  Wink He's a great singer, but there are many better ones. Axl's range is probably a little wider, since he can sing rather deeply compared to Bruce.

Now, the rest of Iron Maiden is great too, even if they're not the most technically gifted. Iron Maiden is a band that's greater than the sum of its parts, so to speak.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2005, 12:56:38 AM »

I love Maiden and Priest, and I'd take Dickinson over Halford any day.  Especially now...Bruce still hits his high notes pretty effortlessly.  Halford strugles with his much more.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2005, 05:15:04 AM »

Halford is also much older. His old range was higher, so he had much more to lose. Time is much kinder to bass singers, unfortunately.  Sad
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2005, 02:35:59 PM »

Halford is also much older. His old range was higher, so he had much more to lose. Time is much kinder to bass singers, unfortunately.  Sad
Agree with you on that, I've seen Dickinson voice get fatigue quicker than in older years, lets compare his early shows like Life after death and some last one like rock am ring 2005, in the first one the tune its quite high and very thin, meanwhile in the rock am ring 2005 it's high but quite graspy, so I think age factor it's something people should be aware of.  ok

No man can be my equal
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2006, 08:46:16 AM »

According to a posting on the IRON MAIDEN fan site MaidenFans.com, IRON MAIDEN have lined up a number of dates in November as part of their autumn European tour to support their 14th studio album (tentatively scheduled for an October release on EMI). Support at the shows is expected to come from TRIVIUM. Leaked dates so far include:

Nov. 12 - Tampere, FIN @ Icehall
Nov. 14 - Helsinki, FIN @ Hartwall Areena
Nov. 15 - Helsinki, FIN @ Hartwall Areena
Nov. 28 - Paris, FRA @ Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy

The band are also expected to play two shows in Norway in November: at the Vestlandshallen in Bergen, and at the Coca Cola Valhall Arena in Oslo.

Tickets for the Finnish gigs go on sale on February 27 at 9:00 a.m. Tickets for the Paris gig go on sale on March 6.

Many more dates are expected to be announced soon.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Megaguns
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2006, 04:24:59 AM »

I Love maiden..... Infinite dreams is my fave song. Especially the live version off maiden england.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2006, 08:20:28 AM »

I Love maiden..... Infinite dreams is my fave song. Especially the live version off maiden england.
Great taste dude ok

Without doubt that song is their best and it's off their best album.  It's a magnificent tune which in the wider world (so to speak....) never gets the acclaim it deserves, everyone always raves about the good but overated Run To The Hills....
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2006, 09:07:39 AM »

Infinite dreams is one of my personal faves is also on the my fave Iron Maiden album  ok
The most underated IM song is Only the good die young and then comes deja-vu, I dont know why people dont like those 2 songs

No man can be my equal
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2006, 12:09:11 PM »

Infinite dreams is one of my personal faves is also on the my fave Iron Maiden album  ok
The most underated IM song is Only the good die young and then comes deja-vu, I dont know why people dont like those 2 songs

are they off 90s albums?? cause i know that those albums arnt too popular.

personally i like the last 2 albums alot more, strange i know but i find them to be more albums then the other albums, i can listen to them all the way through.i can only listen to various tracks off other albums by them.

html sucks
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2006, 12:56:34 PM »

Infinite dreams is one of my personal faves is also on the my fave Iron Maiden album? ok

personally i like the last 2 albums alot more, strange i know but i find them to be more albums then the other albums, i can listen to them all the way through.i can only listen to various tracks off other albums by them.
Only The Good Die Young is another of my faves off Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son that was released in 1988, i think that is definately their best album, track for track awesomeness dude smoking Tongue

Deja-Vu is off Somewhere In Time that was released in 1986.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2006, 01:34:44 PM »

Only The Good Die Young is another of my faves off Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son that was released in 1988, i think that is definately their best album, track for track awesomeness dude smoking Tongue

Deja-Vu is off Somewhere In Time that was released in 1986.

lol need to look into there history more. i like many songs from maiden albums. i just cant listen to them in whole like i can the last 2.

html sucks
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2006, 05:54:48 AM »

Last nite, I was watching an Iron Maiden's dvd live somewhere in sweeden 2005, i was amazed how good they could play!   its increidble, it was a show that they played songs from their first 4 albums, was awesome!  Even tho, Bruce Dickinson is the best singer Maiden has had, NO ONE can sing "Remember Tomorrow and Phantom of the opera"  as good as  Paul Di 'Anno did!   ok

If the world would end today... Wink
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2006, 05:47:52 PM »

Iron Maiden is my 2nd fave band, only behind the mighty GN'R  ok

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2006, 10:41:18 AM »

To herald the start off their 2006-2007 world tour, IRON MAIDEN have announced their Scandinavian Tour dates for November. In an attempt to satisfy the insatiable demand, this will include multiple dates in Stockholm and Helsinki following the massive success of last summer's concerts in Scandinavia where all 95,000 tickets sold out almost immediately and where they made history in Gothenburg by selling out all 55,000 tickets for Ullevi Stadium in just two and half hours! The concert was also transmitted all across Scandinavia on terrestrial television. This will be MAIDEN's 10th appearance at Gothenburg's Scandinavium ? yet another record breaker which no other band, international or domestic, has surpassed in the venues history.

The dates are as follows:

Nov. 09 - Aalborg, DEN @ Gigantium
Nov. 10 - Copenhagen, DEN @ Valby
Nov. 12 - Tampere, FIN @ Icehall
Nov. 14 - Helsinki, FIN @ Hartwall arena
Nov. 15 - Helsinki, FIN @ Hartwall arena
Nov. 17 - Stockholm, SWE @ Globen
Nov. 18 - Stockholm, SWE @ Globen
Nov. 20 - Gothenburg, SWE @ Scandinavium
Nov. 21 - Oslo, NOR @ Valhalla
Nov. 23 - Bergen, NOR @ Vestlandshallen

Tickets for the Oslo and Bergen shows will go sale on Saturday, February 25 at 10:00 a.m. Tickets for Sweden and Finland will go on sale for at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, February 27 while the Danish dates will go on sale at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, February 27.

The IRON MAIDEN Fan Club have made special arrangements with EMA Telstar and their Associates to allow 120 of their fan-club members to gain special entry to each concert, which will allow them to get right at the front of the stage! Full details of this exciting offer will be available here on www.ironmaiden.com in March.

Due to production considerations there will be no support act on the first two tour dates in Denmark but on all the other dates MAIDEN have confirmed up-and-coming U.S. band TRIVIUM as their special guests.

IRON MAIDEN are currently writing material for their new, as yet untitled fourteenth studio album which will be released later in the year prior to the tour. The live show will of course include new album material, and will be in full MAIDEN tradition ? spectacular stage production, sound and lights ... and, of course, Eddie!!

Says Steve Harris, "We had a fantastic time and a lot of fun last year playing songs from our early albums. However, MAIDEN is all about pushing ourselves creatively and keeping fresh, so we're all charged up to make a great studio album together with Kevin Shirley and take it out on the road at the end of the year."

These Scandinavian dates herald the start of MAIDEN's new album world tour which will take them around parts of Europe through to Christmas ? playing selected dates in other parts of the world in the New Year.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
IronMaiden415
Headliner

getting bizzy with izzy

« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2006, 10:10:50 PM »

Iron Maiden is my 2nd fave band, only behind the mighty GN'R? ok
same here. HUGE Maiden fan (if you can't tell by the name) do you post on their BB?

Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2006, 04:08:29 PM »

Last nite, I was watching an Iron Maiden's dvd live somewhere in sweeden 2005, i was amazed how good they could play!? ?its increidble, it was a show that they played songs from their first 4 albums, was awesome!? Even tho, Bruce Dickinson is the best singer Maiden has had, NO ONE can sing "Remember Tomorrow and Phantom of the opera"? as good as? Paul Di 'Anno did!? ?ok

Hey dude ur back  ok
Well yeah I think tha graspy voice sounds int match for Bruce, but he did quite well job  ok

No man can be my equal
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2006, 04:43:04 PM »

Iron Maiden is my 2nd fave band, only behind the mighty GN'R? ok
same here. HUGE Maiden fan (if you can't tell by the name) do you post on their BB?

Hmm? No, but fill me in.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2006, 01:56:04 PM »

Happy 49th Birthday to Adrian Smith. beer beer
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: