Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:40:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Iron Maiden Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 116209 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2006, 01:19:18 PM »

Iron Maiden is my 2nd fave band, only behind the mighty GN'R  ok
same here. HUGE Maiden fan (if you can't tell by the name) do you post on their BB?

Hey I post in BB but my nickname is MRDP cause Mr dick purple was banned beacuse of the name  Shocked
But hey is their rules, I gotta go with them  ok

No man can be my equal
IronMaiden415
Headliner

getting bizzy with izzy

« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2006, 07:41:37 PM »

Iron Maiden is my 2nd fave band, only behind the mighty GN'R? ok
same here. HUGE Maiden fan (if you can't tell by the name) do you post on their BB?

Hey I post in BB but my nickname is MRDP cause Mr dick purple was banned beacuse of the name? Shocked
But hey is their rules, I gotta go with them? ok
i'm not sure.  Grin then again, it dosent really matter because there are so many people posting on the BB that it would be impossible for the mods to look over every post. my name on that board is IzzySixxSixxSixx btw  Smiley

Dec 17 - Tran Siberian Orchestra - fuckin amazing!
IronMaiden415
Headliner

getting bizzy with izzy

« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2006, 07:55:39 PM »

Hmm? No, but fill me in.
www.ironmaiden.org

Dec 17 - Tran Siberian Orchestra - fuckin amazing!
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2006, 09:32:27 AM »

i'm not sure.  Grin then again, it dosent really matter because there are so many people posting on the BB that it would be impossible for the mods to look over every post. my name on that board is IzzySixxSixxSixx btw  Smiley

Cool we'll seeing each other there  ok

No man can be my equal
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2006, 02:42:32 PM »

Stephen Breen of the U.K.'s Sunday Life is reporting that IRON MAIDEN have vowed to support the family of murdered Irish schoolboy Thomas Devlin.

Devlin, 15, was reportedly stabbed to death as he walked home from buying candy with friends last August. Devlin was knifed five times in the back after two men jumped him on a north Belfast street.

MAIDEN reportedly contacted the teenager's grieving parents, Jim and Penny, last week to express their outrage at Thomas's horrific killing.

Speaking on behalf of the band, manager Rod Smallwood pledged to support the family's campaign for justice after reading about the murder on the Internet.

Rod posted a message on the website set up to raise awareness of the killing and to celebrate the 15-year-old Thomas's life.

The message read: "We are appalled at this senseless tragedy.

"On behalf of all the members of IRON MAIDEN and myself, I send our heartfelt wishes and support to Thomas's family.

"We also offer our support to his friends and local community."

The gesture particularly touched the family because Thomas ? a devoted rock fan ? was buried in his favorite IRON MAIDEN T-shirt.

It's now hoped other top rock bands will pledge their support to the heartbroken family.

Thomas's mum, Penny, said her family was "heartened" by the support from the rock giants.

Said Penny: "We still can't believe that the band that our son loved so much have offered to support our campaign.

"It's fantastic and the last message we expected to see.

"Thomas was buried in an IRON MAIDEN T-shirt and they were his favorite band.

"We never, ever thought that a band as famous as IRON MAIDEN would visit the website."

Added Penny: "It's great to see them taking an interest in Thomas's case because he absolutely loved them.

"Thomas's friends have also been made aware of it and they also can't believe the band are supporting us.

"We have had messages of support from all over the world and we can't thank people enough."

This latest development comes after Sunday Life offered a ?10,000 reward leading to the arrest and conviction of Thomas's killers.

A number of people have been arrested in connection with the killing, but all were later released without charge.

The police have identified the prime suspects in the murder as two young men who were walking in the area with a black-and-white dog.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2006, 03:50:47 PM »

And again, same here.
Don't like Blaze though. Paul is alright, but Dickinson kicks ass!
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2006, 05:30:32 PM »

I really like paul and those frst two albums the best but still Bruce kicks ass Ive seen them twice and both times they have but on a great show. Steve Harriss is a GOD.

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
ZhouGongjin
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2006, 08:27:45 PM »

I cant believe the forum is closing down.

Embarrassed RIP IMBB

Many good times spent there.
chezza
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2006, 09:42:06 AM »

Quote from: MandyGnR
Don't like Blaze though. Paul is alright, but Dickinson kicks ass!

I think Blaze gets too much hate for the stuff they produced while he was in Maiden. The songs that they made were very good in their own right but to follow on in a band that just lost one of the greatest Rock Fontmen of all time is going to be hard.

His style of singing didn't fit Iron Maiden. Maiden are none for their fast paced, rip roaring tracks and when Blaze arrived all that was slowed down to a more melodic...dare say gothic feel to it, well that's what I thought about "The X Factor". But if you don't compare im o paul or bruce and just listen to the music he produce in the band then you'll see it as being good...just not maiden-like.

As for Maiden songs, my faves are Revelations and Killers. 2 EXTREMELY different tracks but still have the same powerfull effect. Honourable mentions to: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, No Prayer for The Dying and Rime of the Ancient Mariner.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2006, 04:21:04 PM »

IRON MAIDEN have confirmed the full European leg of their world tour for this coming winter 2006. The world tour will start in Scandinavia on November 9 and response to the shows on sale there last week was phenomenal with ticket sales already exceeding 95,000 across the Scandinavian dates. All three of the Swedish shows sold out in just over an hour and a third date was immediately added at the Stockholm Globen which also sold out in hours making it 48,000 sold out in Sweden alone. The 8000 tickets in Bergen Norway went in just 30 minutes, Tempere sold all 6,600 tickets out in a couple of hours while Helsinki registered first day sales of over 17,000 tickets over their two shows.

The new live show will include new album material which the band are now recording and which will be released prior to the tour. They are currently considering album artwork and the production for the tour, which of course will be in true MAIDEN tradition with spectacular stage production and massive sound and lights ... and, of course, Eddie!!

Says Steve Harris, "We've finished most of the writing of the album and have just started recording with Kevin Shirley so we're all very charged up at the moment to make a great record. Reaction to the tour so far has been brilliant and we're looking forward to putting a great show together for the fans and getting back out on the road towards the end of the year and playing new material live."

MAIDEN have invited the critically acclaimed American band TRIVIUM to be their special guests throughout the tour. TRIVIUM have enjoyed ever increasing recognition these last few months and MAIDEN are sure that their fans will give them a great reception.

This European leg of the world tour will be followed in early 2007 with selected dates in other parts of the world.

For the dates in the U.K., there is an exclusive five-day special advance ticket ordering access for fan club members. There will be a special link in the tour date area of the band's web site and advance tickets for fan club go on sale on Friday, March 10 at 9am in the U.K. and 9am Wednesday, March 22 for Dublin. After that tickets to the general public for the U.K. shows will go on sale Friday, March 17 at 9am, and on sale 9am Saturday, March 25 for Dublin.

IRON MAIDEN confirmed tour dates:

Nov. 09 - Aalborg, DEN @ Gigantium
Nov. 10 - Copenhagen, DEN @ Valby
Nov. 12 - Tampere, FIN @ Icehall
Nov. 14 - Helsinki, FIN @ Hartwall Arena
Nov. 15 - Helsinki, FIN @ Hartwall Arena
Nov. 17 - Stockholm, SWE @ The Globe
Nov. 18 - Stockholm, SWE @ The Globe
Nov. 20 - Gothenburg, SWE @ Scandinavium
Nov. 21 - Oslo, NOR @ Valhall
Nov. 23 - Bergen, NOR @ Vestlandshallen
Nov. 25 - Stockholm, SWE @ The Globe
Nov. 27 - Den Bosch, NETH @ Brabenthallen
Nov. 28 - Paris, FRA @ Palais Omnisport de Bercy
Nov. 30 - Barcelona, FRA @ Palau Sant Jordi
Dec. 02 - Milan, ITA @ DatchForum
Dec. 05 - Zurich, SWI @ Hallenstadion
Dec. 07 - Stuttgart, GER @ Schleyerhalle
Dec. 08 - Dortmund, GER @ Westfallenhalle
Dec. 11 - Cardiff, UK @ NIA
Dec. 12 - Birmingham, UK @ NEC
Dec. 14 - Manchester, UK @ Arena
Dec. 15 - Glasgow, UK @ SECC
Dec. 17 - Newcastle, UK @ Arena
Dec. 18 - Sheffield, UK @ Arena
Dec. 20 - Dublin, IRE @ The Point
Dec. 22 - London, UK @ Earls Court

DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2006, 05:53:48 PM »

Trivium?HuhHuhHuhHuh?!!!!!!!!!!!?HuhHuhHuh    nervous   rofl   crying  Trivium SuuuuuckS!!!!  rant

If the world would end today... Wink
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2006, 12:53:47 PM »

What kinda band is trivium?  confused

My thoughts with Devlin boy hope he's in good place now  Sad  R.I.P.

Also anyone can tell me why IMBB is closing? I heard cause they want to create a forum just for the people that are in the Maiden club or something is that a society?  nervous

No man can be my equal
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2006, 01:30:51 PM »

What kinda band is trivium?  confused

My thoughts with Devlin boy hope he's in good place now  Sad  R.I.P.

Also anyone can tell me why IMBB is closing? I heard cause they want to create a forum just for the people that are in the Maiden club or something is that a society?  nervous

They are a crap band who basically do this "grunt grunt grunt rarararararararararara whiiiiiinneeeee rararar"

AND IVE GOTTA GO SEE THEM IN BRUM  beer

html sucks
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2006, 04:56:01 PM »

Hey walk here we can talk about IM  Grin

Virtual XI has The Clansman, while Brave New World was mostly recycling old ideas. Neither album is good, but Virtual XI is a bit better than Brave New World. Dance Of Death blows them all away, obviously.

I think is BNW has dreams of mirrors by far one of the best of the new millenium. VIX and DOD are not IMO good enough album to Maidens capacity i think thay can do better. Of course BNW have some fillers like The Ghost of navigators and Brave New World. But songs like the thin line between love and hate and dreams of mirros are just a must for every Maiden lover, fallen angel also is a tour back to the early 80's which reminds me the sound of piece of mind.

No man can be my equal
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2006, 09:12:46 AM »

Iron Maiden Producer Kevin Shirley has been posted a studio update in the forum section of the members-only website IronMaidenOnlineClub.com. Here's an excerpt:

"After our first week of knuckling down and beginning to cut basic tracks, we had a very interesting second week. We've cut 10 long songs for the new album, as well as four songs for B sides, which show quite an interesting side to the band. Don't worry, there's nothing like the 'interesting-or-maybe-not' B sides which were all that were left over for the Dance of Death singles. These are great cover versions with a terrific and humourous spirit!

"Anyhoo, the spirit in the band is as high as I've ever seen. Wing Commander Biggles (as I call Bruce [Dickinson]) is running around like a chicken with its head cut off, singing every take live, like it was his last ? 'Arry, or Steve [Harris] is sounding better than I've ever heard since I began producing the band, galloping along very strongly ? and the material is definitely the 'groovingest' in a decade. The songs are very progressive, with catchy choruses and I have to confess to being VERY optimistic about the material."

Awesome, so many great bands with new albums on the horizon headbanger
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2006, 05:11:50 PM »

I have a little low hopes on this one, after dance of death I think that I rather stay calm get the album listen to it quietly and dont expect their best  Undecided
But hey is Maiden they are always improving  Grin

No man can be my equal
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2006, 03:40:54 PM »

According to a posting by producer Kevin Shirley on his official web site, work on the new IRON MAIDEN album is scheduled ot be completed today (May 4). "The last song for the record is on the console ? we still have some keyboard washes to add and then I'll finish up the mix!" he writes. "Yesterday, we recorded umpteen guitar tweedles, ably executed by Janick [Gers], in four-part harmony, which led me to believe that if there is a hell, Brian May will be the gatekeeper!!"

IRON MAIDEN recently confirmed a full European leg of their world tour for this coming winter 2006. The trek will start in Scandinavia on November 9 and will include new album material, which will be released prior to the tour.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2006, 10:13:31 AM »

According to a posting on producer Kevin Shirley's web site, Shirley will be "heading up to New York to master the IRON MAIDEN opus next week. Actually, we're so wary of the process, we even considered not mastering at all, but we'll see how it goes ? there's plenty of time to check it through. And 'Arry [IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris] knows what he likes!"

IRON MAIDEN recently confirmed a full European leg of their world tour for this coming winter 2006. The trek will start in Scandinavia on November 9 and will include new album material, which will be released prior to the tour.

Megaguns
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2006, 10:24:34 AM »

fukin spinout that i was watching vision of the beast tonight and i get on HTGTH and see more posts in the maiden section... infinate dreams is my fave, i always thought that maiden japan was theyre best live performance in the day...
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2006, 04:22:14 PM »

IRON MAIDEN plan to release their new studio album, entitled "A Matter of Life and Death", in early September.

The band started writing songs at the end of 2005 after a short break from their hugely successful festival appearances in Europe and the USA. After Christmas, the songs were completed and rehearsed when the band then got together with producer Kevin "Caveman" Shirley at Sarm West Studios in London to start work on recording the backing tracks.

Kevin Shirley has now co-produced three of the band's studio albums alongside Steve Harris, as well as two of their recent live DVDs and albums. From this the working relationship between Kevin and the band seems to get stronger and stronger. Says Kevin, "The beast is back! I feel from the outset we all clicked on this one. we spent two months in the studio, from go to whoa ? from Nicko's 'tubs up' to final mixes and sequenced master! That's a tiny gestation period for an album. Producing IRON MAIDEN is like sitting in the head and driving one of those mammoth automatons from 'Star Wars' or Saturday morning cartoons! And there's nothing that can stop it!

"I feel incredibly privileged to have been around to see this album born and breathe life. There have been only a couple of occasions in my career when the ENTIRE process of recording felt so complete ? and it is on display here."

As on previous projects all of the tracks were performed live and together in one room. No click tracks or computer tightening or manipulation has happened at any stage of the recording.

Says Steve Harris, "I think in many ways this has been the easiest album in terms of recording that we've ever done. The whole process of writing through to recording was very natural. I think in terms of the material we've also pushed our boundaries yet again and I think it will please our fans but also really surprise a lot of people as well. The sound we've managed to get is very powerful for a MAIDEN record and all of us have pushed ourselves in our own ways to create something that we're all immensely proud of and I think working as quickly as we did with Kevin really was part of that process. We simply can't wait to take this out on the road. We've played some great shows and had a lot fun recently introducing some of our older songs to a new generation of fans. However for us personally we're incredibly excited about getting out and performing these new tracks."

Says Bruce Dickinson, "This album has to be our best since working with Kevin. There is such a wide scope of musicianship on this album and in parts this album is truly epic. I thought with the likes of 'Paschendale' from the last studio album that we could only hope to surpass that but having now heard the album back as well as sitting with a few select people and hearing their reactions as well, I truly believe we have managed it. Every one of us has put everything into this record and it's really paid off. However we've had such fun making it that it's almost difficult to believe what we've managed to achieve in the time it took."

"A Matter of Life and Death" track listing:

01. Different Worlds (Smith/Harris) 4:17
02. These Colours Don't Run (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 6:52
03. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 8:44
04. The Pilgrim (Gers/Harris) 5:07
05. The Longest Day (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 7:48
06. Out Of the Shadows (Dickinson/Harris) 5:36
07. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (Murray/Harris) 7:21
08. For The Greater Good of God (Harris) 9:24
09. Lord Of Light (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 7:23
10. The Legacy (Gers/Harris) 9:20

The band have just announced tour dates in Japan and the majority of the European dates at the end of 2006 are already sold out.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: