Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:19:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Iron Maiden Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 116205 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2006, 04:22:45 PM »

IRON MAIDEN have announced the following Japanese tour dates:

Oct. 25 - Tokyo, JPN @ Budokan
Oct. 27 - Hamamatsu, JPN @ Act City
Oct. 28 - Tokyo, JPN @ Kokusai Forum
Oct. 30 - Osaka, JPN @ Jo Hall
Oct. 31 - Nagoya, JPN @ Shimin Hall

These will be the part of first leg the band will play following their eagerly anticipated new studio album which is scheduled for release in early September.

Says Steve Harris, "We've always enjoyed immensely strong and loyal support from our fans in Japan and when we were discussing the tour plans we thought that this time around we'd give them the opportunity to be one of the first countries on the tour rather than the last! We've already had an awesome reaction to the shows announced for the European leg of the tour. Many of the venues selling out in hours with others virtually sold out before we've had a chance to promote them properly. It's been incredible."

Says Bruce Dickinson, "It's great to be back with our big show in Japan, especially the Budokan which has been a legendary venue for us and other great bands since I can remember. We've always loved playing in Japan over every tour and we all have many friends there."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2006, 12:08:13 PM »

Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet has posted three articles on Iron Maiden and their upcoming album - one where the band members talk about how smooth the recording went, one that describes the new album and one account of the bands' reactions while watching England playing Sweden in the world cup.

The three articles, in Swedish, can be found here, here and here. Read on for translations of the important parts.

Many thanks to OcA for the head's up

The first article consists of quotes from different band members mixed with typical journalist's filler comments. Steve Harris says the recording went so easily "It felt like something was wrong". Allegedly, during the whole recording process there was not a single fight or heated argument, due to the band being more harmonic than ever.

Or, as Steve puts it, "Nicko knew the songs much better this time. On every record I usually have a fight with Nicko over arrangements and such. This time we didn't have any and it made us worry." Says Nicko: "I think it's a lot because I've been more mature this time. I have taken into consideration what the song needs, not what I'd like to play"

During the making of Dance of Death, however, the fights were much more plentiful. "It went so far we stood shouting at each other", says Nicko. "I was so angry we almost started fighting."

Steve also explains the thoughts behind the new album's title, A Matter of Life and Death: "Six, seven songs on record circles around war and religion. Religion has caused more death, pain and misery than anything else. And we never seem to learn. Unbelievable."

Regarding the future, Steve is more doubtful. "From the beginning I've said Maiden will make fifteen studio albums. In that case there's only one left and that makes me sad. There is a life after Maiden. And there's a lot I'd like to do I don't have time for now. Sure I'd miss the band, but there's no reason to live in the past. We'd probably piss off some people if we quit, but the day we don't want to do it anymore it's over."

Aftonbladet also got to listen to Maiden's new album and describes it in the second article. There's a lot of empty words in it but summing it up, here's what it says:

- If you liked Brave New World and Dance of Death, you'll be happy with it.
- The band continues on the progressive road and the music often switches between soft and hard.
- The big arrangements and complex structures of the last albums return.
- "Out of the Shadows" is said to sound a bit like Children of the Damned and Bruce's classic solo number Tears of the Dragon.

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2006, 02:33:55 PM »

As I can see there's a song inspired in Ozzfest events "these colours don't run"  hihi I wanna hear that  Smiley

No man can be my equal
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #143 on: June 22, 2006, 08:43:47 PM »

As I can see there's a song inspired in Ozzfest events "these colours don't run"  hihi I wanna hear that  Smiley

lol i was just about to post saying the same thing!!!

ok

html sucks
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2006, 01:36:31 PM »

You know it's weird cause the lyrics/music stuff goes to smith/harris/dickinson as I can see in all Maiden albums always the first one is the one that have most lyric and music participation and the last one is only music, I think Smith was more mad at Sharon than Dickinson?  Undecided

No man can be my equal
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2006, 12:05:02 PM »

You know it's weird cause the lyrics/music stuff goes to smith/harris/dickinson as I can see in all Maiden albums always the first one is the one that have most lyric and music participation and the last one is only music, I think Smith was more mad at Sharon than Dickinson?? Undecided

so do u really think its about sharon?  nervous

If the world would end today... Wink
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2006, 09:50:18 AM »

so do u really think its about sharon?? nervous

Yes, remember that she said, these colours don't run, refering of the England flag. Which I think was kinda stupid cause Bruce has always use the flag in the trooper song.

No man can be my equal
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2006, 04:00:46 PM »

Yes, remember that she said, these colours don't run, refering of the England flag. Which I think was kinda stupid cause Bruce has always use the flag in the trooper song.

Referring to 'These Colours Don't Run', Dickinson said - "That song was an effort to put a human face on people who go out and fight wars. They call it 'peacekeeping', but these people put themselves in harm's way, and whether or not you agree with the reasons why they're doing it, they're just doing their job."

Dickinson also revealed that they are currently thinking of playing the whole of their new 72 minute long album live, back-to-back.

The first single from the album "The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg" will be released mid August - an "intricate 7 minute epic that starts with a creepy, ominous intro before erupting into a crashing, almost Led Zeppelin-esque riff and a powerful, emotive chorus". The album will follow in September
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2006, 08:08:37 PM »

hihi  its funny tho, Bruce Dickinson seemed to have gotten well along with Ozzy or Sharon, he produced Ozzy's compilation. I thought it was cool yes

If the world would end today... Wink
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #149 on: July 01, 2006, 12:17:20 PM »

I think the relationship Ozzy / Dickinson is ok but the thing is that Sharon never get along well with Dickinson at least in the interviews of the Early days DVD he said that Ozzy and Him were hijacking a car or something, but they always had get along together. Meanwhile Sharon thats other history  Undecided

No man can be my equal
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #150 on: July 04, 2006, 07:34:52 AM »

the new cover is amazing.

somneone needs to get it up here.

its really cool

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #151 on: July 04, 2006, 11:08:14 AM »

"A Matter of Life and Death" is scheduled for release in early September via EMI. The album's first single, "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg", will precede the album on August 14.

Said bassist Steve Harris, "This is a very intense album in many ways, and we really wanted to go with a lead track that demonstrated that in the best way rather than going for a shorter track on the album just to please the chart rules. 'Benjamin Breeg' is a great example of the feel of the album in its really heavy riff and lyrically it's a very dark, atmospheric and powerful song which really epitomizes what the album is all about for us. So it made a natural choice for us."

In true MAIDEN style, the single will be released in two special limited-edition formats, which by content will not be eligible for the U.K. singles chart. Manager Rod Smallwood explained: "There are various chart rules compliant to number of tracks, the maximum running time, price structure and all the rest of it. As for the new MAIDEN single, it's simple: we're putting out a two-track CD ? 'The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg' and 'Hallowed Be Thy Name' (Legends Session) and if it's too long to qualify for the charts, then so be it. We have no problem with it being non-chart-eligible."

EMI will also release a special 7" picture disc with collectable sticker of the "Crossed Guns" logo. B sides to both formats are from last year's amazing BBC Radio 1 "Legends" session recorded especially for the Zane Lowe show.

GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #152 on: July 04, 2006, 02:21:18 PM »

Long epic tracks?  Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!  Love the artwork too.  Like the sound of the lyrical content - there aren't enough 'big' bands singing meaningful, relevant lyrics these days.

Looking forward to it  beer

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Megaguns
« Reply #153 on: July 08, 2006, 07:10:06 AM »

im fuckin digging the cover, Maiden rules!!!!!!!!! oh and im after a bootleg of infinate dreams (other than maiden japen) pm me, it would be much appreciated   beer
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #154 on: July 09, 2006, 12:26:46 PM »

Producer Kevin Shirley (IRON MAIDEN, DREAM THEATER) has posted the following message on his official web site:

Spoke to 'Arry [IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris] on Friday, who has decided against mastering the IRON MAIDEN album, and I'm quite pleased about that, although I did like the mastering job we did in [New York City]. It means that you will get to hear the new album exactly as it sounded in the studio, no added EQ, compression, analog widening, etc., and I must say, I am pretty happy with the end result. I think some tracks could use a smidge more top end, and others a bump of bottom ? but I know 'Arry well enough now to know how wary of outsiders he is, and I fully expected he may have done that, so I made sure I was happy with the results when I printed the mixes in the studio. So, that'll fire you guys on the BB's right up, no doubt! Smiley

"He's off taking a break before all hell breaks loose and the Beast is back on the road, and I, for one, plan to see the shows when they hit the States in the fall. Just a word of advice, make sure you've listened to the album a number of times before you come to a show ? it'll make the concert experience unforgetable!"

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #155 on: July 18, 2006, 08:41:24 AM »

The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg is on youtube now, just listen to it! It's an excellent song, even by Maiden's high standards! It's like a combination of Powerslave and The X Factor with Bruce on vocals! It's also very heavy, and the production sounds really good, too. It isn't thin the way Dance of Death was at times.

I strongly suspect Maiden's next album will be just as great as their first 7 were. It will be right up there with the classics, if more songs like this are in it.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #156 on: July 18, 2006, 03:21:10 PM »

Heard a new Iron Maiden song on the radio in the Gym, it was amazing, really impressed, i did not like the last album but after hearing this new track i can't wait for this album.....

headbanger
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2006, 09:55:07 AM »

I like this new song I hope the whole album is like that  Smiley

No man can be my equal
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #158 on: July 20, 2006, 05:58:10 PM »

If it's anywhere near as good as Seventh Son I'll be over the moon(child)  hihi

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #159 on: July 21, 2006, 01:00:15 PM »

If it's anywhere near as good as Seventh Son I'll be over the moon(child)  hihi

Don't you dare to save some bucks buy it now and save the cheap ones  Cheesy (ok that was lame  confused )

No man can be my equal
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: