Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:10:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Iron Maiden Thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 116203 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2006, 03:25:01 PM »

Fear of the Dark is mediocre, but is much better than the abysmal No Prayer for the Dying. The X Factor destroys them both, though.
Alex22
« Reply #221 on: November 18, 2006, 03:39:32 PM »

Fear of the Dark is mediocre, but is much better than the abysmal No Prayer for the Dying. The X Factor destroys them both, though.

The X Factor is always over looked just because of the vocalist change. That is Blaze's main downfall. Every fucking person compares him to Bruce and you just can't do that. It's unfair in both popularity and vocal ranges. Blaze's voice fits very well to all the songs on The X Factor and Virtual XI. Bruce doing Futureal just isn't the same as Blaze doing it, that's the same as him doing Lord Of The Flies. You're talking to a huge Maiden fan. I have to say that ALL 3 vocalists - Paul, Bruce, and Blaze- all have their place in Maiden. Until everyone stops (I'm not meaning anyone here) bashing Blaze for his time with Maiden I won't let it go on.?

By the way The X Factor and Virtual XI are excellent.? ok
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 06:35:12 PM by Alex22 » Logged
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #222 on: November 18, 2006, 06:11:57 PM »

I like Fear of the dark, and excatly is not my fave and its also not the best, but defenitely not the worst, in fact this was my first album I ever heard by maiden so it has a certain feeling, looking the album a little cold hearted some songs like weekend warrior and fear is the key are not quite great, in fact they are boring, I like a lot the song judas be my guide which I think is very underrated in Maiden history, another piece of work by the maiden guys, the rest is just normal, ok songs, I mean from here to eternity, afraid to shoot stranger which is the first song I recall they use the typical bass intro slow and in a rythm 3 / 4, anyway FOD a good album with a classic son like FOD but not their worst defenitely. ok

Thats pretty close to the way I feel, although I have a different opinoin of 'Weekend Warrior' and 'Judas Be My Guide'. Fear of the Dark was also my introduction to Maiden so as you said I might subconciously put the album above the others. Anyways I still feel FOTD is somewhat underrated amongst the fans.
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #223 on: November 19, 2006, 11:56:02 AM »

Gods Of Metal.  Smiley

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #224 on: November 19, 2006, 05:59:19 PM »

I bought all the albums in such a short space of time I haven't had the chance to really give them the attention they deserve.
Fear of the Dark has some great songs on it however, definitely one of my top 5 Maiden albums.
Emilie
Rocker

No, we can't stop here! This is bat-country!

« Reply #225 on: November 19, 2006, 07:08:25 PM »

I saw them yesterday in Stockholm, great show! headbanger

They said they'd be back in 2008 with "all the 80s shit".
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #226 on: November 20, 2006, 10:08:17 AM »

The X Factor is always over looked just because of the vocalist change. That is Blaze's main downfall. Every fucking person compares him to Bruce and you just can't do that. It's unfair in both popularity and vocal ranges. Blaze's voice fits very well to all the songs on The X Factor and Virtual XI. Bruce doing Futureal just isn't the same as Blaze doing it, that's the same as him doing Lord Of The Flies. You're talking to a huge Maiden fan. I have to say that ALL 3 vocalists - Paul, Bruce, and Blaze- all have their place in Maiden. Until everyone stops (I'm not meaning anyone here) bashing Blaze for his time with Maiden I won't let it go on. 

By the way The X Factor and Virtual XI are excellent.  ok

I agree with you, I think Blaze fits quite well in the X factor album but Bruce singing Lord is just pure bliss, I think it sounded better with bruce, I also didnt like futureal version of Bruce. Is mi idea but in DOD there is a song that Bruce try to sing like Blaze, the name of the song is out of me right now, but I will, post it later.

No man can be my equal
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #227 on: November 20, 2006, 12:59:27 PM »

Bruce beat Blaze, even on X Factor songs, but Blaze was a decent replacement. Sign of the Cross is amazing when Bruce sings it! A Matter of Life and Death has songs much like in the X Factor, and Bruce is great there, too.
The Rhiad
« Reply #228 on: November 23, 2006, 01:30:04 PM »

Bruce beat Blaze, even on X Factor songs, but Blaze was a decent replacement. Sign of the Cross is amazing when Bruce sings it! A Matter of Life and Death has songs much like in the X Factor, and Bruce is great there, too.

They deal with the same serious type topics. Also the music isn't as lively but has a dark feeling to it. Words of War, Death, and other themes are involved with AMOLAD. Either way Maiden rules. I agree with Mr. Alex22 up there.  Grin
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #229 on: November 23, 2006, 01:42:39 PM »

I saw them yesterday in Stockholm, great show! headbanger

They said they'd be back in 2008 with "all the 80s shit".

i wouldn't take this comment for real. during the last tour they said, they'd come back to vienna too, but where are they now?? suckers!!

but their new album kicks ass... the best since fear of the dark imo.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #230 on: December 12, 2006, 10:34:05 AM »

Review: Iron MaidenDec 12 2006
Gavin Allen, South Wales Echo

Cardiff International Arena

IRON Maiden came close to vindicating their selfish decision last night but dropped the ball at the last.

In playing their 14th album A Matter Of Life and Death in its entirety - and each track one after the other at that - they were bound to disappoint swathes of the sold-out crowd, with even the hard-core fans tolerating rather than worshipping.

The thirst for them pre-gig saw thousands of devil horns silhouetted against the CIA's soulless white walls as the crowd chanted "Maiden! Maiden! Maiden!"

Vocalist Bruce Dickinson bouncy-balled magnificently onto the stage but when five tracks in he confirmed they would play the whole album there was a negative reaction; largely silence, even the odd boo.

It's a shame because the war-obsessed album - the stage set was designed like a World War Two bunker with broken masonry and sandbags - is among their strongest material.

Classically mock-operatic, the likes of These Colours Don't Run, The Longest Day and The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg would grace any of their previous albums.

But when that lot was over, after forcing people to tolerate 70-odd minutes of such indulgence, the pay-off simply wasn't enough.

The crowd exploded into mosh circles to the opening bars of Fear Of The Dark but the follow up of Iron Maiden, Two Minutes To Midnight, The Evil That Men Do and Hallowed Be Thy Name, while glorious in themselves, was too eclectic.

Maiden won't regret the decisions they made last night, but their fans will.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #231 on: December 12, 2006, 10:45:15 AM »

I think it's great how they are getting good reviews.

Fear of the Dark is a great album, but as somebody said, not their best.
I'm not a big fan of the Blaze era, so any comments on X Factor would be rather biased.

One song I never paid much attention to, but now can't stop listening to is Rainmaker. I just love the guitar in the beginning.
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #232 on: December 19, 2006, 09:03:17 AM »

Review: Iron MaidenDec 12 2006
Gavin Allen, South Wales Echo

Cardiff International Arena

IRON Maiden came close to vindicating their selfish decision last night but dropped the ball at the last.

In playing their 14th album A Matter Of Life and Death in its entirety - and each track one after the other at that - they were bound to disappoint swathes of the sold-out crowd, with even the hard-core fans tolerating rather than worshipping.

The thirst for them pre-gig saw thousands of devil horns silhouetted against the CIA's soulless white walls as the crowd chanted "Maiden! Maiden! Maiden!"

Vocalist Bruce Dickinson bouncy-balled magnificently onto the stage but when five tracks in he confirmed they would play the whole album there was a negative reaction; largely silence, even the odd boo.

It's a shame because the war-obsessed album - the stage set was designed like a World War Two bunker with broken masonry and sandbags - is among their strongest material.

Classically mock-operatic, the likes of These Colours Don't Run, The Longest Day and The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg would grace any of their previous albums.

But when that lot was over, after forcing people to tolerate 70-odd minutes of such indulgence, the pay-off simply wasn't enough.

The crowd exploded into mosh circles to the opening bars of Fear Of The Dark but the follow up of Iron Maiden, Two Minutes To Midnight, The Evil That Men Do and Hallowed Be Thy Name, while glorious in themselves, was too eclectic.

Maiden won't regret the decisions they made last night, but their fans will.

I was at the Glasgow show last Friday, and my review would have been exatly the same as this. I was extremely dissapointed that there was no Run to the Hills tho and they got a big boo after their oncore for not doing any more. Show finished early. Merchandise was very expensive too.

Trivium were shit, trying too hard to be rockstars, there were more people outside in the bar than watching them. Their "flying V's" looked like cheap shit too
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #233 on: December 19, 2006, 09:17:27 AM »

I think everybody knew by hand that this was going to be the setlist, I mean no run to the hills and a few classics missed, so what is the problem with that?
1.- I have never seen maiden and I wish I could have at least this concert.
2.- If someone knew that they were going to play the whole album and doesn't like well, is easy dont go.
3.- The album is good and many fans around the world are very pleased to hear this concert, Im not saying that you have to like this at all. But shouldn't at least enjoy the show that nothing at all?

By the way if merchandise was expensive I would be pissed too.

Fear of the dark has great songs, mostly underrated like childhood's end and judas be my guide Im gonna insist on those 2 cause actually those songs make the album even more listeneable than FOD and BQOBD  ok

No man can be my equal
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #234 on: December 20, 2006, 10:28:20 AM »

According to Dave Simpson of The Guardian, IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson announced during the band's gig in Newcastle, England on Sunday (December 17) that MAIDEN will celebrate their renewed popularity by taking 150,000 fans "to a muddy field in the middle of England" next year. It was not clear if Bruce was referring to a possible appearance at the 2007 installment of the Download festival or if he was talking about another event.

According to Last.fm, IRON MAIDEN has booked the U.K.'s Donington Park for June 6, 2007 ? two days before the Download festival kicks off. This would, of course, fit with the rumors lately about MAIDEN going on a festival tour next summer, and the fact that MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson has been announcing from the stage at recent European gigs that the band will embark on a 2007 summer tour.

gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #235 on: December 20, 2006, 06:24:46 PM »

for me they have some nice melodies,but i don't like thatkind of music,their inspiration,atitude...

my favorite axl interview is where he said "i don't like that kind of music(for iron maiden)

I have never seen so many tree
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #236 on: December 20, 2006, 11:12:58 PM »

IRON MAIDEN has been confirmed as the first headliner of the Desert Rock 2007 festival, set to take place March 9-10, 2007 at the Dubai Country Club in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Also newly added to the bill is LAUREN HARRIS, daughter of IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris. The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

March 9, 2007:

IRON MAIDEN
THE PRODIGY
STONE SOUR
MASTODON
IN FLAMES
CHILDREN OF BODOM
LAUREN HARRIS
JUNKYARD GROOVE (Winners of the Battle to Desert Rock)

March 10, 2007:

INCUBUS
PRIME CIRCLE

More bands for the second day will be announced soon.

marty
Rocker

One Vodka For Every Ghost

« Reply #237 on: December 21, 2006, 06:01:57 PM »

According to Last.fm, IRON MAIDEN has booked the U.K.'s Donington Park for June 6, 2007 ? two days before the Download festival kicks off. This would, of course, fit with the rumors lately about MAIDEN going on a festival tour next summer, and the fact that MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson has been announcing from the stage at recent European gigs that the band will embark on a 2007 summer tour.

They've booked the park for 2 days before download? what's that mean?

Seeing maiden tmrw  Grin cant wait, i think it's great that theyre gna play the whole album, i'll be there ready to punch ne1 who disagrees  peace
marty
Rocker

One Vodka For Every Ghost

« Reply #238 on: December 23, 2006, 04:13:53 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Maiden were great last night!
Played the first 5 songs of new album, then the sound went off due to 'technical difficulties'. And unlike some certain people *cough* axl *cough*, they didnt go off stage, the whole band stayed on stage, talked to as much of the crowd as they could through a megaphone, got mexican waves going, started singing xmas songs, and got a football out n kicked it around with the crowd  Grin absolutely amazing, just show's they really care about their audience and are very keen to put on a show.
Then played the next 5 songs off the album
Then Bruce said "We were gna take the next year off, but then we kinda ballsed that up by playing in dubai in march, and there is a muddy field in england we want to visit. We're not sure which field yet, but to paraphrase shakespeare 'Donnington my lord, is not dead'"  So Maiden are gna be at download in 2007  Grin awesome
Then played fear of the dark, iron maiden, 2 minutes to midnight, the evil that men do, and hallowed be thy name. was a great show, and Maiden rule  peace
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #239 on: February 05, 2007, 03:47:57 PM »

IRON MAIDEN will return to Germany to play two more headline stadium shows in June. The two shows that have been confirmed are Friday, June 8 at Sudweststadion in Ludwigshafen (near Mannheim) and Sunday, June 17 at the MSV Stadium in Duisburg. Tickets will go on sale Thursday, February 8 and they can be ordered from Eventim.de or via telephone on the ticket hotline +49 (0)1805 - 57 0000. Support at the two stadium show will be being confirmed shortly.

In other news, IRON MAIDEN will play a headline stadium show in the Czech Republic in June. The concert has been confirmed for Wednesday, June 6 at the Ostrava Banik Football Stadium in Ostrava.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: