Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:01:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Iron Maiden Thread
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread  (Read 116175 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #240 on: February 13, 2007, 10:35:49 AM »

Following their phenomenally successful new album and sold-out tour late last year of arenas around the world, IRON MAIDEN are announcing a series of headline stadium and festival appearances in March and June of this year.

Always keen to take metal to new places, MAIDEN will for the first time ever play in India, on the spectacular grounds of Bangalore's Palace on Saturday, March 17, marking the first time a major metal band has ever played in the subcontinent.

IRON MAIDEN's new album, "A Matter of Life and Death" reached No. 2 in the Indian album chart after debuting at No. 4, which is believed to be the highest chart position in India ever for any rock act. MAIDEN will be the first to bring in a full massive Western-style stage production ? air freighting in almost 20 tons of backline equipment and their huge stage production for this one show.

MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson commented: "To say we're all really looking forward to going to Bangalore is something of an understatement. It's very special to us to be able play to new fans in countries we've never been to before, and we hear the Indian fans are very loud and into their metal. The whole trip will be an exciting time for us and we intend to enjoy every moment there. The fans should know that we are bringing the whole stage show we used in Europe and America and that Eddie will definitely be joining us! We are crafting a special set to include both songs from 'A Matter of Life and Death' and a load of other favorites. It promises to be an absolutely amazing atmosphere playing outdoors in front of the palace."

A spokesman from the promoters DNA Networks explained, "As this is the first show ever in India to feature three other acts in addition to an international headliner, it will be our first ever festival of sorts and as such an historic occasion. As the setting is the beautiful open site in the palace grounds we thought the occasion should be marked with a special name so we are calling the event 'Edd-Fest'. We are confident that MAIDEN and 'Edd-Fest' will encourage more Western bands in the future to join us and play here in India, something which would greatly please the huge number of rock fans in this country. The appearance on the bill of Britain's Lauren Harris will also be the first time Indian fans will have seen a rock band fronted by a girl."

Another new territory for the band to visit is Dubai in the United Arab Emirates where they will headline the Desert Rock Festival on Friday, March 9. This is the fourth Desert Rock Festival and is an event which has grown steadily in stature and IRON MAIDEN will be the biggest act to headline the festival to date. It is expected to be the most succcessful yet. MAIDEN's new album was Top 5 in Arabia.

IRON MAIDEN manager Rod Smallwood comments: "Going right back to 1985 and tours behind the old Iron Curtain, particularly Poland, MAIDEN have always enjoyed blazing the trail taking metal to new fans all over the world. We have wanted to play in India for some time and the success of the new album persuaded us to interrupt our break and go there in March. We were also invited to play in Beijing and Shanghai in China but Eddie was concerned about restrictions relating to choice of songs and artwork so we are leaving that to a later time. In June we are going into some European territories we didn't get chance to play last time and to places like the U.K., Germany, Italy and Holland where the late 2006 arena shows got nowhere near satisfying the demand for tickets. As most of these dates are outdoors we will adjust the set to include more of the classics suited to an outdoor party atmosphere, along with selected songs from 'A Matter of Life and Death'. We will of course be taking the full stage production with us everywhere along with Eddie who has kindly agreed to delay his holidays! It promises to be a hugely enjoyable series of dates."

Upcoming IRON MAIDEN shows:

Mar. 09 - Dubai Desert Rock Festival, UAE
Mar. 11 - Faliro Pavilion Arena, Athens, Greece
Mar. 14 - Belgrade, Serbia
Mar. 17 - Bangalore, Bangalore Palace, India
Jun. 06 - Ostrava Banik Football Stadium, Ostrava, Czech Republic
Jun. 08 - Sudweststadion, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Jun. 10 - Download Festival, Donington Park, England
Jun. 14 - Heineken Jammin Festival, Venice, Italy
Jun. 16 - Fields of Rock Festival, Zwolle, Holland
Jun. 17 - MSV Stadium, Duisburg, Germany
Jun. 20 - Olympic Stadium, Rome, Italy
Jun. 23 - Graspop Festival, Dessel, Belgium

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #241 on: February 13, 2007, 03:25:06 PM »

I have "Run to the hills" as my ringtone  Cool

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
leila
Rocker

You wrote the soundtrack to my life....

« Reply #242 on: February 14, 2007, 05:45:18 AM »

I have bought my ticket for Rome olympic stadium,here it was annunced 7 special guests( between them Motorhead, the others will be annunced soon)...I'm so excited? peace

"..when I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way,find another day..with all the changing seasons of my life maybe I'll get it right next time....."
zman
Rocker

LONG LIVE 80's METAL!!

« Reply #243 on: February 14, 2007, 09:13:41 AM »

Damn you Europeans are lucky I wish they would come back to the US and play

"IT'S ONE LOUDER ISN'T IT?"

"It's like a Sherlock Holmes story-a lot of fog and pipes."
Selene Papillon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #244 on: February 16, 2007, 01:49:46 PM »

Anybody here like the Fear of the Dark album? I've always thought that it was an extremely strong album, definately not their best but a damn good album. The reason I'm asking this is because recently I've seen a lot of people slagging it off saying its one of their worst efforts and I really disagree with that statement.

I agree with you; FOTD was a damn good album with the exception of one or maybe two songs. yes
 Unfortunately many fans don?t like it though.

I don?t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #245 on: March 09, 2007, 05:32:19 PM »

IRON MAIDEN performed a headlining set earlier tonight (Friday, March 9) at the Desert Rock 2007 festival in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Support at the show came from THE PRODIGY, STONE SOUR, IN FLAMES, MASTODON, LAUREN HARRIS and JUNKYARD GROOVE.

MAIDEN's setlist for the Dubai gig was as follows:

01. Different World
02. These Colours Don't Run
03. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
04. Wrathchild
05. The Trooper
06. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
07. For The Greater Good of God
08. The Number of The Beast
09. Fear of The Dark
10. Run To The Hills
11. Iron Maiden
--------------------
12. 2 Minutes To Midnight
13. The Evil That Men Do
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #246 on: May 08, 2007, 06:40:34 PM »

In acknowledgement of the 25th anniversary of the release of their seminal album "The Number of the Beast" and the tremendous international success of their recent album "A Matter of Life and Death", IRON MAIDEN's forthcoming June dates in Europe will go under the banner of "A Matter Of The Beast Summer Tour 07". The band will be playing five songs from each of these albums plus other fan favourites and will be taking out a full on stage production which will include the final appearances of Eddie's notorious tank!

Says vocalist Bruce Dickinson: "It's always a lot of fun for us to play outdoors in the summer. It tends to be a different vibe to playing indoors, much more of a party atmosphere so it's good to put together a set list that matches this. There has been a lot of interest in the 25th anniversary of the release of 'Number of the Beast' so we thought it would be great to give the fans a bit of extra Beast this summer to acknowledge this."

Tour Dates
http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=15

marty
Rocker

One Vodka For Every Ghost

« Reply #247 on: May 30, 2007, 03:02:20 PM »

http://www.ironmaiden.com/
Theyve announced a single show in London at the Brixton Academy on June 24th
I am extremely pissed off about this since just 2 hours ago i got tickets for Hyde Park Calling on the same day so wont be able to go  rant
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #248 on: May 30, 2007, 03:16:31 PM »

I am extremely pissed off about this since just 2 hours ago i got tickets for Hyde Park Calling on the same day so wont be able to go? rant

sell your tickets then
anythinggoes
« Reply #249 on: May 30, 2007, 03:22:37 PM »

I am extremely pissed off about this since just 2 hours ago i got tickets for Hyde Park Calling on the same day so wont be able to go? rant

Well the tickets have been on sale to the fanclub members there will not be many left for general sale so youd be better with Aerosmith although its Iron Maidens last show for 3 years apparntly
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #250 on: May 31, 2007, 02:52:33 PM »

IRON MAIDEN's performance at this year's Download Festival will be shown around the world live.

2007 is IRON MAIDEN's record breaking fourth headline appearance at Donington Park. Having first topped the bill in 1988, playing to over 100,000 fans, and then again in 1992 and 2003, their 30-year career has seen them sell in excess of 70 million albums, and become one of the most important rock bands of all time.

Download Festival and IRON MAIDEN have teamed up for a live and exclusive streaming of IRON MAIDEN's fourth Donington Park headline appearance on Sunday, June 10. Available FREE at www.dowloadfestival.co.uk, and with direct links to www.ironmaiden.com, their performance will be shown in full, and will attract a global audience to the festival. This innovative move is the first time Live Nation have streamed from Download, and we expect other acts to follow this shortly.

IRON MAIDEN's manager Rod Smallwood comments, "As we are only playing a few shows this summer this is a great way for our fans in territories we are not playing to have a means of seeing this show featuring songs from both 'The Number of the Beast' and 'A Matter of Life and Death', along with many others . We know it's not anything like as good as being there but we feel our fans will appreciate our doing this for them. MAIDEN have always had strong ties with Donington so it is very appropriate to do it from there"

Festival director Stuart Galbraith said: "IRON MAIDEN streaming their set live on the Download Festival website gives more proof that Download is without doubt the most interactive festival in the U.K. It will be great for those who aren't able to make the festival for whatever reason to see MAIDEN's set completely free of charge."

Mike Kaufman, the head of television development for the festival also added, "Download Festival has always been about making TV coverage for the fans, this year it's fantastic to be able to team up with IRON MAIDEN and make Download a global TV event.'
Bruce Dickinson this year will be presenting his BBC 6Music Radio show from backstage on Saturday, June 9 between 9pm and midnight. Grabbing whoever he can lay his hands on for interviews, Bruce will be roaming around the site with his back-pack transmitter and microphone to report back with all the sights, sounds (and, yes, smells) of the festival. This show is going to be repeated on Download Radio, (powered by BBC 6Music), later on the Saturday evening and on Sunday.

After its massive success in 2006, Download Radio returns, powered by 6Music. Chris Barnard and Vickie Scullard, competition winners from the "Bruce Dickinson Rock Show", will be presenting their own shows alongside 6music's very own Bruce Dickinson, Liz Kershaw, and Philippa TJ with more to be confirmed. With 24/7 coverage, Download Radio will be transmitting on 87.7FM, and will hit the airwaves at midday on Wednesday 6 June to Monday 11 June. Text "ROCK" to 64046 to request any rock anthem you like, or even send pictures that will go up on the 6music website.

From the entertainment and shenanigans of the 24 hour hub of entertainment at The Village, to MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE, IRON MAIDEN, LINKIN PARK, WOLFMOTHER and many more making the main stage a rock temple, Channel 4 TV are going to be on site capturing everything that the U.K.'s biggest alternative festival has to offer. The highlights from the festival are going to be crammed into two Download Festival specials that will be aired on Channel 4 on Saturday, June 16 and Sunday, June 1.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #251 on: June 03, 2007, 08:13:01 AM »

IRON MAIDEN fan site MaidenNorway.com reports: "IRON MAIDEN is back on the road with their 'A Matter of the Beast' summer tour, celebrating the 25 year anniversary of their 1982 heavy metal classic 'The Number Of The Beast'.

"For some reason, IRON MAIDEN performed four songs from their 25-year anniversary album 'The Number Of The Beast' tonight [June 2, in Ljubljana, Slovenia] rather than the previously announced five songs. This means we might see a slight change of the set as soon as Monday night. However, on the upside, they have added 'Children of the Damned', a true IRON MAIDEN classic. The fans will also be reunited with the sitting devil with glowing eyes, as seen on the 2005 Early Days tour."

IRON MAIDEN setlist for Ljubljana:

01. Different World
02. These Colours Don't Run
03. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
04. Wrathchild
05. The Trooper
06. Children of The Damned
07. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
08. For The Greater Good of God
09. The Number of The Beast
10. Fear of The Dark
11. Run To The Hills
12. Iron Maiden
Encores
13. 2 Minutes To Midnight
14. The Evil That Men Do
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #252 on: June 03, 2007, 11:18:39 PM »

Man, I hope Maiden comes back to do a more extensive US or North American tour. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #253 on: June 04, 2007, 08:38:02 AM »

I wish they could do a tour with songs they never play before live like only the good die young, judas be my guide, fates warning among others, not that I don't like those maiden songs but I want something different  for a setlist  Undecided

No man can be my equal
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #254 on: June 07, 2007, 12:48:17 PM »

The setlist is not that bad, I hope that soon there'll be a bootleg of this show, it sounds like an amazing Donington day!!!   Grin

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #255 on: June 07, 2007, 02:13:52 PM »

I wish they could do a tour with songs they never play before live like only the good die young, judas be my guide, fates warning among others, not that I don't like those maiden songs but I want something different? for a setlist? Undecided

I think the older songs are more popular
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #256 on: June 10, 2007, 12:15:59 AM »

but only the good die young is from 1988 and fates and judas are from the 90's i think they are quite old, ok a little sun and still will be good  Cheesy

No man can be my equal
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #257 on: June 10, 2007, 04:50:11 PM »

IRON MAIDEN vocalist Bruce Dickinson announced from the stage at this year's Download festival, which is taking place June 8-10 at Donington Park, Leicestershire, England, that the group's performance is being filmed for an upcoming DVD.

guns_n_motley
« Reply #258 on: June 10, 2007, 06:04:37 PM »

just watched it. they RULED on that  Cool
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #259 on: June 11, 2007, 12:27:14 AM »

IRON MAIDEN vocalist Bruce Dickinson announced from the stage at this year's Download festival, which is taking place June 8-10 at Donington Park, Leicestershire, England, that the group's performance is being filmed for an upcoming DVD.

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: