Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:28:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Dream Theater
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dream Theater  (Read 11455 times)
Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2007, 04:22:30 AM »

Hell yeah Dream Theater are awesome. I like all their albums, but my fav is "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence" esp. the title track yes all 42 minutes of it, I love it.

Their live DVD's are superb and really showcase each members technical ability. I like their most recent one "Score" the best as it contains the whole "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence" on it. drool But all of them are excellent.

Yes they are from New York and John Petrucci and Mike Portnoy and bassist John Myung did attend the Berklee school of music, where they formed Majesty, later changed to Dream Theater.

Have to agree with what other's have said though the singer is the weakest point in the the band, but he aint that bad, and I prefer his vocals on the more recent albums rather than the earlier one's.

Hopefully I will get to see Dream Theater in all their glory later this year if the rumoured tour of Australia goes ahead. yes

Definately looking forward to their new album, just hope Roadrunner don't screw them around now that they have signed to them. But I doubt it with Dream Theater.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2007, 07:17:31 AM »

Hell yeah Dream Theater are awesome. I like all their albums, but my fav is "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence" esp. the title track yes all 42 minutes of it, I love it.

Their live DVD's are superb and really showcase each members technical ability. I like their most recent one "Score" the best as it contains the whole "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence" on it. drool But all of them are excellent.

Yes they are from New York and John Petrucci and Mike Portnoy and bassist John Myung did attend the Berklee school of music, where they formed Majesty, later changed to Dream Theater.

Have to agree with what other's have said though the singer is the weakest point in the the band, but he aint that bad, and I prefer his vocals on the more recent albums rather than the earlier one's.

Hopefully I will get to see Dream Theater in all their glory later this year if the rumoured tour of Australia goes ahead. yes

Definately looking forward to their new album, just hope Roadrunner don't screw them around now that they have signed to them. But I doubt it with Dream Theater.

The Score is my favorite too i watch that one more then the others. If it had Trial of Tears on it it would be perfect but its on budokon so i watch that a lot too.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 06:51:44 AM »

Confirmed DT shows this year so far.

Jun 3 2007     7:15P
   Gods Of Metal Festival    Idroscalo, Milano
Jun 5 2007    8:00P
   Posthof    Linz
Jun 6 2007    8:00P
   Petofi Open Air    Budapest
Jun 7 2007    8:00P
   Jarun    Zagreb
Jun 9 2007    8:00P
   Newcastle City Hall    Newcastle
Jun 10 2007    8:00P
   Download Festival    Leicestershire, England
Jun 12 2007    8:00P
   Spodek Club    Katowice
Jun 13 2007    8:00P
   Zitadelle Spandau    Berlin
Jun 15 2007    8:00P
   Rockhal    Esch/Alzette
Jun 16 2007    8:00P
   Museumsufer    Bonn
Jun 17 2007    8:00P
   Fields Of Rock Festival    Biddinghuizen
Jun 20 2007    8:00P
   Porto Coliseum    Porto
Jun 22 2007    8:00P
   Plaza de Toros    Granada
Jun 23 2007    8:00P
   Monsters Of Rock Festival    Zaragoza
Jun 24 2007    8:00P
   Hellfest    Clisson
Jun 26 2007    8:00P
   La Cooperative de Mai    Clermont-Ferrand
Jun 27 2007    8:00P
   Volkshaus    Zurich
Jun 29 2007    8:00P
   Refresh the Venue    Istanbul
Jul 1 2007    8:00P
   Rockwave Festival    Athens
Jul 27 2007    8:00P
   Gibson Amphitheater    Los Angeles, California
Jul 30 2007    8:00P
   E Center    Salt Lake City, Utah
Jul 31 2007    8:00P
   Paramount Theater    Denver, Colorado
Aug 2 2007    8:00P
   Nokia Theater    Dallas, Texas
Aug 3 2007    8:00P
   Verizon Wireless Theater    Houston, Texas
Aug 7 2007    8:00P
   Riverside Theater    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Aug 9 2007    8:00P
   State Theater    Minneapolis, Minnesota
Aug 10 2007    8:00P
   Rosemont Theater    Chicago, Illinois
Aug 11 2007    8:00P
   Tower City Amphitheater    Cleveland, Ohio
Aug 21 2007    8:00P
   Bank Of America Pavillion    Boston, Massachusetts
Aug 24 2007    8:00P
   PNC Bank Arts Center    Holmdel, New Jersey
Aug 25 2007    8:00P
   Jones Beach    Wantagh, New York
Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2009, 07:50:53 AM »

have anyone seen any Dream Concert This year?concert this year?

I'm going to Barcelona's concert today and I think it's gonna be a kick ass concert. I've checked in youtube what songs they are playing and they play some important classics like metropolis,  erotomania take the time, hollow years... and also they play the songs featured in Rock Band and Guitar Hero "Panic Attack and Pull Me Under"

Well anyway... just wanted let the people interested know about this!!!

Cheers!   beer    it's gonna be amazing
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2009, 10:05:48 PM »

DM lost me after Met Pt.2......they seemed to have gained a new crowd after that album. It just seems like they lost their balls after that album. Does anybody here think it would be cool to hear Kevin Moore on an album again?Huh?

2012 is like Christmas!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 11:12:40 PM »

his is a sad, sad day....I'm afraid I have some bad news: MP leaves DT - Wednesday, September 08, 2010 8:14 PM
   Wednesday September 8th 2010

I am about to write something I never imagined I'd ever write:

After 25 years, I have decided to leave Dream Theater....the band I founded, led and truly loved for a quarter of a century.

To many people this will come as a complete shock, and will also likely be misunderstood by some, but please believe me that it is not a hasty decision...it is something I have struggled with for the last year or so....

After having had such amazing experiences playing with Hail, Transatlantic and Avenged Sevenfold this past year, I have sadly come to the conclusion that I have recently had more fun and better personal relations with these other projects than I have for a while now in Dream Theater...

Please don't misinterpret me, I love the DT guys dearly and have a long history, friendship and bond that runs incredibly deep with them...it's just that I think we are in serious need of a little break...

Dream Theater was always my baby...and I nurtured that baby every single day and waking moment of my life since 1985...24/7, 365...never taking time off from DT's never-ending responsibilites (even when the band was "off" between cycles)...working overtime and way beyond the call of duty that most sane people ever would do for a band...

But I've come to the conclusion that the DT machine was starting to burn me out...and I really needed a break from the band in order to save my relationship with the other members and keep my DT spirit hungry and inspired.

We have been on an endless write/record/tour cycle for almost 20 years now (of which I have overseen EVERY aspect without a break) and while a few months apart from each other here & there over the years has been much needed and helpful, I honestly hoped the band could simply agree with me to taking a bit of a "hiatus" to recharge our batteries and "save me from ourselves"...

Sadly, in discussing this with the guys, they determined they do not share my feelings and have decided to continue without me rather than take a breather...I even offered to do some occasional work throughout 2011 against my initial wishes, but it was not to be...

While it truly hurts for me to even think of a Dream Theater without Mike Portnoy (hell, my father named the band!!), I do not want to stand in their way...so I have decided to sacrifice myself and simply leave the band so as to not hold them back against their wishes....

Strangely enough, I just read an interview that I recently did that asked me about the future of DT and I talked about "always following your heart and being true to yourself"...sadly I must say that at this particular moment, my heart is not with Dream Theater...and I would simply be "going through the motions", and would honestly NOT be true to myself if I stayed for the sake of obligation without taking the break I felt I needed.

I wish the guys the best and hope the music and legacy we created together is enjoyed by fans for decades to come...I am proud of every album we made, every song we wrote and every show we played....

I'm sorry to all the disappointed DT fans around the world...I really tried to salvage the situation and make it work...I honestly just wanted a break (not a split)...but happiness cannot be forced, it needs to come from within....

You DT fans are the greatest fans in the world and as you all know, I have always busted my ass for you guys and I hope that you will stay with me on my future musical journey, wherever it may lead me....(and as you all know my work ethic, there will surely be no shortage of future MP projects!)

Sadly...
Your fearless ex-leader and drummer,
MP

Complete shock and disbelief   Cry
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2010, 01:14:12 AM »

He's a drummer, who the fuck cares? what are you, fourteen?

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 02:56:35 AM »

When you loose a founding member, it's kind of like a swift kick in the stones.

Think if Lars was going to leave Metallica. Or if Slash left....Velvet Revolver.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2010, 03:37:48 AM »

Wow, that is sad. If he wants to play with A7X rather than Dream Theater, I think that's a step backward. Hope he returns.

Why do people think that drummers are not important to a band? He's not just any drummer, he's one of the best, I would say the second best drummer in the world and one of the founding members of the band. Leaving after 25 years is a big deal.

Fuck 'Em All.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2010, 03:37:25 PM »

Wow, that is sad. If he wants to play with A7X rather than Dream Theater, I think that's a step backward. Hope he returns.

Why do people think that drummers are not important to a band? He's not just any drummer, he's one of the best, I would say the second best drummer in the world and one of the founding members of the band. Leaving after 25 years is a big deal.

exactly, normally I dont think drummers are important, but there are exceptions, Mike Portnoy is certainly one of them and can play circles around anyone who has ever picked up a pair of drumsticks.   I thought Gunner was being sarcastic when he said "hes just a drummer" because we all know how ridiculous a musician he is,  I didnt even think that he was being serious..
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2010, 04:18:52 PM »

Not only is he one of the best drummers in the world and an original member, he basically was the leader of the band. He was responsible for so much, setlists, producing their albums, dvds, live shows. He wrote a lot of the music and lyrics. This is not just a "drummer".
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2011, 04:37:21 PM »

This from Jordan Rudess.

06/18/2011

Only a couple months after Portnoy unleashed his announcement on his bandmates, prompting them to audition and hire a replacement then the original drummer apparently regretted his decision and asked to be reinstated.

?Mike wanted to come back after we had gone through all the emotional turmoil and pain of losing a friend, and the effort we went through to get back on our feet. We were well past our recovery phase and had made a commitment to Mike Mangini,? said Jordan Rudess, Dream Theater?s inventive keyboard player, explaining the wrenching decision to reject Portnoy?s appeal.

?His leaving was unbelievable, it was so emotional. He?s a close friend of mine and we?ve been through so much together ? it basically brought me to tears. But being a positive person and around guys who love what they?re doing, we had to figure out how to move forward.?

http://www.jpost.com/ArtsAndCulture/Music/Article.aspx?id=225548

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2011, 04:43:53 PM »

They did the right thing in moving on without him. I love Mike but he turned into a complete crybaby since leaving.
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2011, 12:31:51 PM »

Dream Theater was done long ago..them moving on without Mike is just lame. I mean the last three albums they put out had no soul..just seems like they were going thru the motions

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 05:11:50 PM »

Here are all currently confirmed tour dates, with more to be announced soon:

Date    Location    Venue   
Sat   Sep 24, 2011    San Francisco, CA    The Warfield (with Trivium)   
Sun   Sep 25, 2011    Los Angeles, CA    Nokia Theater (with Trivium)   
Tue   Sep 27, 2011    Seattle, WA    Showbox SODO (with Trivium)   
Wed   Sep 28, 2011    Vancouver, BC    Queen Elizabeth Theatre (with Trivium)   
Mon   Oct 03, 2011    Royal Oak, MI    Royal Oak Music Theatre   
Tue   Oct 04, 2011    Pittsburgh, PA    Trib Total Media Amphitheatre (with Trivium)   
Thu   Oct 06, 2011    Toronto, ON    Massey Hall (with Trivium)   
Fri   Oct 07, 2011    Montreal, QC    Place des Arts (with Trivium)   
Sat   Oct 08, 2011    Quebec City, QC    Pavilion de la Jeunesse (with Trivium)   
Mon   Oct 10, 2011    Boston, MA    Orpheum Theatre (with Trivium)   
Tue   Oct 11, 2011    Morristown, NJ    Mayo Performing Arts Center (flat) (with Trivium)   
Wed   Oct 12, 2011    New York, NY    Beacon Theatre (with Trivium)   
Sat   Oct 22, 2011    Cleawater, FL    Ruth Eckerd Hall   
Tue   Oct 25, 2011    Houston, TX    Verizon Wireless Theater (with Trivium)   
Wed   Oct 26, 2011    Austin, TX    Bass Concert Hall (with Trivium)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: