Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:44:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Nickelback Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Nickelback Thread  (Read 36903 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2008, 09:10:56 AM »

the new albums leaked.

over half way through.

good album so far!!!

dont like how the ballads sound like Bryan Adams now. Spose thats old mutts fault.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 09:25:56 AM by mrlee » Logged

html sucks
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2008, 09:38:41 AM »

^ You!

It blows my mind that you appreciate the 'back!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2008, 10:02:36 AM »

^ You!

It blows my mind that you appreciate the 'back!
Why. Because you dont like them. Or do like them n wouldnt expect me to like them?

My reasons for liking them are these.

Ive been into them since they had their first hit. Silver side u p was an ok album, when i was younger. Nothing amazing.

Then they released "The Long Road". Thats probably my favorite album by them. Good songs.

I like how they have a good mix of rock songs and ballady type tracks. Plus i think Chads voice is cool, certainly their distinction point.

Ive enjoyed the more Arena rock sound they have taken in recent years. Yes its more accessable and commercial, but they have still managed to rock it out. Just with bigger drums and bigger chorus's.

To be frank i just think they write good songs, i can never understand all the harsh criticism they get.

Magazines moan about Nickelbacks successful formula they choose to repeat, yet praise pop artists that cant even write their own songs?

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2008, 10:26:02 AM »

Much agreed dude...I love Nickelback...One of my favourite bands...they found something that worked and are running with it...Hey isnt that the same thing that gave AC/DC a 35 year career? And thanks I'll be downloading the new album for sure, but also buying it when it comes out...Cant get enough Nickelback

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2008, 10:32:20 AM »

Much agreed dude...I love Nickelback...One of my favourite bands...they found something that worked and are running with it...Hey isnt that the same thing that gave AC/DC a 35 year career? And thanks I'll be downloading the new album for sure, but also buying it when it comes out...Cant get enough Nickelback
It just irritates me. You get artists like Bon Jovi, who have to get people like Desmond Child co-writing hits for them. They dont even stay Rock N Roll as their albums go on. Getting all this acclaim, even now.

Nickelback, pump out a good rock album every few years, dont stray too far from there roots n just get slated.

Not every artist has to write a symphony orchestra on their second album to be good. Not every artist has to write amazing lyrics.

Sometimes its good just to have a nice simple rock n roll album with 3 minute songs to rock out to.

html sucks
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2008, 01:16:18 PM »

It just irritates me. You get artists like Bon Jovi, who have to get people like Desmond Child co-writing hits for them. They dont even stay Rock N Roll as their albums go on. Getting all this acclaim, even now.

Nickelback, pump out a good rock album every few years, dont stray too far from there roots n just get slated.

Not every artist has to write a symphony orchestra on their second album to be good. Not every artist has to write amazing lyrics.

Sometimes its good just to have a nice simple rock n roll album with 3 minute songs to rock out to.
Maybe not, but the lyrics to Gotta Be Somebody are downright embarrassing.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2008, 01:20:00 PM »

Maybe not, but the lyrics to Gotta Be Somebody are downright embarrassing.
They are ok lol. Its a typical Nickelback single though really isnt it that track. So its gonna be soppy as those are there most successful singles generally.

But then again, what rock band didnt get the biggest hits with ballads n love songs.

While id rather be rocking it, i think its kinda better they release those tracks as singles, so then the rock songs dont get overplayed n killed.

html sucks
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2008, 10:43:50 AM »

Every single song sounds the same. In terms of singles.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2009, 09:39:59 AM »

just so everyone knows...Nickelbacks new cd Dark Horse is phenominal, a few filler songs....but Just To Get High, This Afternoon, Burn It To The Ground and Something in Your Mouth are awesome songs and I cant wait to see them live

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2010, 09:05:21 AM »

Nickelback - Burn It to the Ground
April 3rd, 2010
Boardwalk Hall
Atlantic City, NJ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_f4AZ0ljik
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2010, 11:18:39 PM »

Holy shit!! Why is there an official Nickelback thread on here?  With a few pages of posts no less!! confused
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2010, 12:20:34 AM »

Holy shit!! Why is there an official Nickelback thread on here?  With a few pages of posts no less!! confused

Cause some people get dragged by their girlfriends to see...so they film and make themselves content on being there. Wink

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2010, 05:43:15 PM »

I'm not saying this to upset anyone, but there aren't many bands that I dislike more than Nickelback. I've just never gotten into them at all... to each their own. If you enjoy their music, good... I just don't.

Sometimes the radio kills bands for me... that could be why I despise them. I just hear them ALL THE FUCKING TIME on the radio.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2010, 06:36:55 PM »

At least you're not Canadian. You're about as likely to hear Nickelcrack on the radio every 5 minutes as you are to get stuck in traffic on the Don Valley Parkway at anytime of anyday.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2010, 08:09:47 PM »

Cause some people get dragged by their girlfriends to see...so they film and make themselves content on being there. Wink

this I can accept.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2010, 08:39:07 PM »

I like them. Well, I own their last two albums. I don't know quite what my 'fan status' is, but either way, I'm not sure why they get so much hate. I'd rather listen to them than some of the indie bands that British radio seems to love.

All The Right Reasons has quite a few good songs on it IMO.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2010, 03:45:09 AM »

I think they're ok Smiley They do need to work on their setlists though. When I saw them live they played a rocker - ballad - rocker - balled - rocker - etc. Doesn't really work. Also I don't think they're great at large crowds (I saw them perform over, I don't know, 30.000 people or something).

I don't really get why people hate nickelback as much neither. But I don't really care.. The weirdest part is when people say: "nickelback has gone too commercial".. I have all their albums and they never went to any drastic musical changes so either they've always been commercial or they never were..

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2010, 10:38:48 PM »

anyone want a show from these guys filmed by me? Looking at the MGM Grand show in Las Vegas...
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2010, 05:31:10 PM »

going to sneak in a camera to the MGM  Shocked I don't think its ever been done before.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2010, 05:36:19 PM »

I've seen shows from there done before Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: