Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:41:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  U2
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: U2  (Read 129616 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #200 on: March 12, 2006, 06:34:34 PM »

I love Achtung Baby and Zooropa, the band really pushed the envelope as far as musical styles and sounds and did it with great success. I kinda lost interest in them after they released the Pop album.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #201 on: March 12, 2006, 08:57:08 PM »

who gives a crap about u2? lock this thread.

If you don't have anything serious to contribute to the discussion I suggest you stay out of it.

badapple81
« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2006, 06:56:47 AM »

U2 are set to reschedule their sold out Australian tour which was postponed from this month, to November:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=90644

U2 set to return in November

Monday Mar 13 19:29 AEDT

Irish rock band U2 has rescheduled the Australian leg of its Vertigo Tour for November.

The band's front man Bono, announced the news to Enough Rope presenter Andrew Denton and the interview will screen on the ABC on Monday night.

It is believed the band's shock decision to postpone the Australian, New Zealand and Japanese leg of their tour was due to U2's guitarist, the Edge, having a seriously ill child.

"I can't really get into details why," Bono told Denton of the postponement.

"There was a lot of distress and angst and (the) good news is ... I can announce tonight we are coming back, looks like November and that's a great relief for me."

Bono, who arrived in Australia last week with his wife Ali Hewson and their sons Elijah, 6, and John, 4, admitted he was happy the gigs had been rescheduled.

"I didn't want to leave Australia without having that hammered down," he said.

"But (we are) just about that much away from being able to give you the dates so maybe even tomorrow I'll be able to do that."

While Bono remained tight-lipped on which band member caused the postponement, he revealed that after 25 years together they were all there for each other.

"Our music does come out of (a) very tight community and so if one of us is going through it we're all going through it," he said.

"He will be at the other side of it .... and god willing it will be a very positive outcome.

"We've all been through different ups and downs, and you've got to give yourself freedom within a band ... to get out of each other's way as well as to get in somebody's face at the right time. Sometimes you have to know when not to. This is one of those moments."

The political activist also admitted he would seek a meeting with Prime Minister John Howard when he returns to Australia.

He wishes to discuss Australia increasing its foreign aid to poor nations.

However, a meeting is yet to be scheduled.

"I'd like to when I get back (talk with Howard)," he told Denton.

"We have a spotlight on us (celebrities), so might as well use it. We're actually starting to get access (to politicians) because we represent a lot of people."

Ironically, the only other time U2 has had to postpone part of a tour was in Sydney in the late 1980s, where they postponed three dates.

?AAP 2006
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #203 on: March 15, 2006, 01:50:16 PM »

u2 suck donkey cock  ok

Live N' Let Die
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2006, 02:03:16 PM »

u2 suck donkey cock  ok

What?s your opinion on U2 again?

Piss off dumbass
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2006, 03:23:51 PM »

Stop the insults cause I like U2 and I don't wanna lock this thread.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #206 on: July 07, 2006, 08:01:25 PM »

wow, what can i say "i still havent found what im looking for" is an amazing song!!!!!

im listening to album atm, i found it drags in the middle though.

html sucks
Bono
« Reply #207 on: September 14, 2006, 07:06:28 AM »

Imagine Axl did this type of thing for his fans..... http://www.interference.com/u2165005/index.html
 Cool
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #208 on: September 14, 2006, 07:42:20 AM »

That's fuckin awesome. U2 rules.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #209 on: September 15, 2006, 05:57:12 AM »

Thinking about it, what would be really, really great (speaking of taking other bands ideas) woud be this for GN'R: https://bootlegs2.pearljam.com/

Bono
« Reply #210 on: September 15, 2006, 11:02:51 PM »

That would be awesome Will.

Whoa!!! rumors starting to spread that U2 may release an album within the enxt few months or so....

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=165135&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=3947197#post3947197

Shocked Shocked drool drool
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #211 on: September 17, 2006, 10:17:00 PM »

just rediscovered Achtung Baby, this could very well be my favorite album ever my god its amazing. the others are good but this one is really special. hope to maybe see them when they come around again? or is it pretty much impossible to get good tickets?

so has anyone else heard this strange news about a new album from them soon?

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Bono
« Reply #212 on: September 18, 2006, 12:09:02 AM »

just rediscovered Achtung Baby, this could very well be my favorite album ever my god its amazing. the others are good but this one is really special. hope to maybe see them when they come around again? or is it pretty much impossible to get good tickets?

so has anyone else heard this strange news about a new album from them soon?

That's awesome GnFnR87. Glad to hear you rediscovered the greatest album of all time Grin It's my favprote album no doubt. It's so diverse. It's dark, emotional, uplifting. It basically has everything. It's aslo great when you consider where the abdn cme from to record it. I mean if you listen to The Joshua Tree and Rattle and Hum(their last 2 albums from the 80's) and then listen to Achtung Baby which introduced the world to the 90's version of U2 the transformation is truely remarkable. I don't know of any band in history who changed so much in such a short period. Especially a band who was so huge and had no reason to change.  Seriously if it weren't for Bono's vocals Achtung Baby would sound like an entirely different band than the U2 people had grown accustomed to.

As for the new album rumors just read the post I made directly above your's GnFnR87. It sounds pretty promisinga s the badn are actually recording at Abby Roads right now. It almost sounds like it could be a Zooropa type release. Somthing unexpected and spontanious. The only difference between Zooropa and this(If they do put out an albu right away) is the "information highway". It's hard to keep things secret like they did in 1993. Back then Zooropa just showed up on music store shelves without warning. That would be impossible in today's age.
Bono
« Reply #213 on: September 20, 2006, 03:59:57 AM »

WOW WOW and WOW!!! U2 finally released their ZOO TV show live form Sydney Australia on dvd today and it fucking rocks. Anyone who doubts the greatness of this band seriously needs to check this dvd out. Also I remember watching my UYI Tokyo concerts on VHS over and over being completely oblivious to U2 back then, but seriously after just the intro of ZOO TV there's no doubt in my mind which was the better tour of the two.  UYI was massive in terms of length and shows played but ZOO TV was massive on ever scale imagineable.  I mean the way this show was filmed and the stage set up to the performance. It's mindblowing to think this was way back in 1993. I don't think there's anything today that comes close to ZOO TV in terms of a concert.  Bono as Macphisto is absolutely brilliant. GENIUS. I so wish I would have seen this in person.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #214 on: September 20, 2006, 02:11:11 PM »

WOW WOW and WOW!!! U2 finally released their ZOO TV show live form Sydney Australia on dvd today and it fucking rocks. Anyone who doubts the greatness of this band seriously needs to check this dvd out. Also I remember watching my UYI Tokyo concerts on VHS over and over being completely oblivious to U2 back then, but seriously after just the intro of ZOO TV there's no doubt in my mind which was the better tour of the two.  UYI was massive in terms of length and shows played but ZOO TV was massive on ever scale imagineable.  I mean the way this show was filmed and the stage set up to the performance. It's mindblowing to think this was way back in 1993. I don't think there's anything today that comes close to ZOO TV in terms of a concert.  Bono as Macphisto is absolutely brilliant. GENIUS. I so wish I would have seen this in person.
Any Rolling Stones or Pink Floyd stadium show 1989 and up make U2 look like child's play!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Bono
« Reply #215 on: September 20, 2006, 07:01:02 PM »

Any Rolling Stones or Pink Floyd stadium show 1989 and up make U2 look like child's play!

Ummm... No. Yes those were spectacles for sure but ZOO TV was on an altogether different level.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #216 on: September 21, 2006, 12:05:45 PM »

ZOO TV rocked indeed

Bono was at his peak back then. I wonder why he turned to be this whiny and boring Bono of today

Bono
« Reply #217 on: October 02, 2006, 10:13:33 PM »

http://www.interference.com/u2166116/index.html

I don't know what to think. I don't know if I like it or not but I do know their last 5 releases look like this:

Best of 80-90
All That You Can't Leave Behind
Best of 90-00
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
Greatest Hits

3 greatest hits albums in the last five releases does not look good in my opinion. In fact it's rather lame regardless of the reasons behind it no Angry Sad
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 10:26:45 PM by Bono » Logged
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #218 on: October 02, 2006, 10:23:41 PM »

I'm a U2 fan, but to be honest, I didn't really like How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.  Shoot me now, but I just thought it was weak. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Bono
« Reply #219 on: October 02, 2006, 10:30:14 PM »

On interfrenece.com some fans are comparing this to the bullshit that was Gn'R's label releasing a slimmed down version of Use Your Illusion on a  single disc and the lame ass Greatest hits. It reaks of record label bullshit.  It's rakingt eh fasn over the coals and it's lame. God I hope the badn really ahs no say in this. It's just stupid. Of course it will appeal toa  good number of people who are not necessarily U2 fans. They'll buy it but real fans won't. Oh wait yes we will because they're sucking us in with two new tracks. FUCKING BULLSHIT!! I useually support U2 but this is garbage. rant
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: