Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:29:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  U2
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: U2  (Read 128377 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #240 on: June 27, 2007, 06:13:37 PM »

U2 should open for GNR..

how about no
maynard
« Reply #241 on: June 28, 2007, 07:21:33 PM »

U2 is amazing, their singles are all over played, their darker material (zooropa, pop, passengers) are masterpieces.

GnR should open for U2.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #242 on: June 28, 2007, 07:28:26 PM »

U2 is amazing, their singles are all over played, their darker material (zooropa, pop, passengers) are masterpieces.

GnR should open for U2.

hahahahahahahaha

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #243 on: June 28, 2007, 08:36:02 PM »

GnR should open for U2.

i agree, Achtung Baby is incredible, one of my favorite albums ever. the others are solid, the singles do get overplayed and people like to make fun of them for being "safe rock" etc. but they are million times better than Fall out Boy etc. and are overall a good band.

i used to think the same thing, that they were boring soft rock, but Achtung Baby changed my mind. i adore that album.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #244 on: June 29, 2007, 08:36:36 PM »

i agree, Achtung Baby is incredible, one of my favorite albums ever. the others are solid, the singles do get overplayed and people like to make fun of them for being "safe rock" etc. but they are million times better than Fall out Boy etc. and are overall a good band.

i used to think the same thing, that they were boring soft rock, but Achtung Baby changed my mind. i adore that album.

Achtung Baby is also my favorite U2 album, but they weren't exactly a happy-go-lucky pop group before that.  Their prior catalogue has some very dark, intense music (I Will Follow, October, New Years Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bad, Exit, Running to Stand Still, etc, etc).  If anything, you could argue that their biggest cream-puff pop song is on Achtung Baby - Mysterious Ways (I fucking hate that song).  I think you're right, however, in that they're perceived to be lacking an edge because the softer stuff gets overplayed.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #245 on: June 30, 2007, 01:35:53 AM »

GnR should open for U2.

you summed up U2 perfectly

They're one of the most underrated bands ever.. I know the media praises them a lot, but it's mainly because of their big hits

Their unknown songs like Red Hill Mining Town, Acrobat, Running to Stand Still, Ouf of Control, I Will follow, Ultraviolet, Lemon are awesome

And of course, One is like one of the 5 best songs ever
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #246 on: June 30, 2007, 05:49:57 AM »

listening to there early shit id have to say achtung owns, i just love psychadelic rock and thats what this album is.

html sucks
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #247 on: June 30, 2007, 11:01:50 AM »

listening to there early shit id have to say achtung owns, i just love psychadelic rock and thats what this album is.

yup, i love how they completely reinvented their sound with Achtung Baby yet still kept it undeniably U2. that album is really something else.

i actually own Zooropa and Pop but never really gave them proper listens, i gotta do that....lol.

TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #248 on: September 11, 2007, 09:02:33 PM »

Did they ever release a cd with all the songs from the DVD of Rattle and Hum?  I have the cd and it's got 17 tracks.  I'm trying to find this full cd with all the tracks, or some other live cd from the Joshua Tree era.  Anyone know where to find something like this?
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #249 on: September 11, 2007, 10:59:43 PM »

I would check out some U2 boards . bound to be some bootlegs .

as far as I know the Rattle and Hum  hasn't been put out with all the songs on it.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

« Reply #250 on: September 13, 2007, 12:31:40 AM »

I'm really surprised they never released the full version.  The last songs that were played live at sundevil stadium there are so incredible. 
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #251 on: September 13, 2007, 03:49:37 PM »

YEah... Bad from that show is awesome, so is Where the streets have no name and With or without you

All not included on the CD..
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #252 on: September 18, 2007, 02:20:42 PM »

Ever notice the song 'All I want is you' is a different version on rattle & hum than on their compilation disc?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

« Reply #253 on: September 19, 2007, 09:13:51 PM »

I never did notice that.  I remember it started when the credits started rolling, and never sat through it.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #254 on: November 01, 2007, 02:14:56 PM »

Bono Interview:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/17119236/bono

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #255 on: November 01, 2007, 02:22:23 PM »

ok very random from bono there.

html sucks
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #256 on: December 21, 2007, 09:03:49 PM »

i just busted out Zooropa, never really gave it a proper listen. i love it!! "The Wanderer" with johnny cash on lead vocals is mesmerizing. i also had Pop, which also never gave a proper listen, i dont like it that much. i think U2's best albums are the joshua tree, achtung baby, and zooropa.

i hope this new album they are working on is more expermental than the last two releases.

Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #257 on: August 07, 2008, 11:11:00 AM »

I learnt something quite awsome on Classic Albums - The Joshua Tree.

Whilst they were recording the album, The Edge used to bring into the studio bags of tapes upon which he had recorded various rhythms and melodies. The band's way of creating their music is truly inspiring!

^As many things to do with the Irish simply can't be expressed in words.......all I can say is man, I love the Irish - god bless their souls!

Also, Bono plays the guitar too and Brian Eno did the producing (with another guy, whose name escapes me now)....

Um, why is The Edge called The Edge?

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #258 on: August 07, 2008, 11:16:02 AM »

woke up today and had sometimes you can't make it on your own in my head and singing it hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #259 on: September 04, 2008, 06:59:12 PM »

Next U2 Album Pushed To Early 2009

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Initially expected this fall as a fourth-quarter blockbuster, U2's next album has been pushed to early 2009 while the band continues to write and record material. "I thought a while back we might have the album wrapped by now, but why come up above ground now if there's more priceless stuff to be found?," Bono writes on U2.com.

Of late, the group has been recording in the south of France, having already logged time in Fez and Dublin with longtime collaborators Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois and Steve Lillywhite.

'We know we have to emerge soon but we also know that people don't want another U2 album unless it is our best ever album," Bono says. "It has to be our most innovative, our most challenging ... or what's the point ?"

Bono says the band now was "50 or 60" new songs to consider for inclusion on the follow-up to 2004's "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb."

"The last two records were very personal, with a kind of three piece at their heart, the primary colors of rock -- bass, guitars and drum," he says. "But what we're about now is of the same order as the transition that took us from 'The Joshua Tree' to 'Achtung Baby.'"

Among the songs in the mix are "Get on Your Boots," "For Your Love," "Breathe," "No Line on the Horizon" and the eight-minute "Moment of Surrender." One source who has heard several of the works-in-progress describes them to Billboard as "amazing and a little out there. I hope they don't change anything."

"I'm always the one who underestimates how easy it is to simply 'put out the songs now.' If it was just up to me they'd be out already!," Bono says. "But early next year people will be able to start hearing what we've been doing. We want 2009 to be our year, so we're going to start making an impression very early on."

Billboard

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: