Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:34:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227782 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  U2
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: U2  (Read 129089 times)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2004, 12:48:02 PM »

I'm getting the collector's edition next week, and don't want to spoil my first listen...

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2004, 03:18:02 PM »

Ok... at first listen, Miracle Drug blew me away, i stil cant get enough of it, its one of U2's best and one of my favorite songs. Standouts to me at first listen were "Miracle Drug", "Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own" "City of Blinding Lights"  and "Crumbs from Your Table"

The rest are growing on me. I have to admit at first listen i noticed some great songs but hated the rest of the album, but it is growing on me like crazy.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2004, 10:00:18 PM »

im not a fan of this new album, Vetigo did'nt do much for me either.

Im a fan of U2 but ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2004, 04:38:19 PM »

I'm liking this album a whole lot.  It's better than All That You Can't Leave Behind; at least it's more rocking, which I like, and the song writing is just as good.   I've only been listening a day, so I don't have much specifically to say, but overall, it's very good!  ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2004, 12:37:10 AM »

i didnt like Vertigo because they used it in a TV commercial, i cant stress how much i fuckin hate that, it cheapens the song for me when artists do that.

bob segers "like a rock" may be one of the greatest most emotional songs ever but everytime i hear it i think of a fuckin pickup truck, so i hate that shit

upon lisening to vertigo and seeing the video and pushing that horrible TV commercial out of my mind it is a pretty fuckin amazing song, wow i cant believe i said that, i tell u what though

"Walk On" from the last record is one of my fav songs, that song  was great

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2004, 12:46:43 AM »

i didnt like Vertigo because they used it in a TV commercial, i cant stress how much i fuckin hate that, it cheapens the song for me when artists do that.

I think theres a huge difference with what U2 did. I agree with what you're saying, I can't stand thinking of trucks when I hear "rock and roll" by led zeppelin, but U2 did it to advertise something of theirs. Something that I think was actually a cool idea-an ipod with their entire song catelogue on it. To me their is a huge difference between that and seger and zeppelin.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2004, 01:09:56 AM »

yeah but they are such an established artist they dont need to do that in my opinion, and if u want to promote the Ipod how about using an older classic or something off the album that wont be a single

when i heard Vertigo i want to be able to relate to it in some way not think about an Ipod

thats my point, music is to be interpreted and related too individually by each listener, when its in commercials or something like that, i cant relate no matter how great the song is, it makes me think of the product.

i could be in the minority here but thats how it affects me

J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2004, 02:38:13 AM »

Well On SNL they had an amazing performance, I really like that song Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own. They did 3 songs on Tv and after the one at the end which was not aired so hopefully some video footage of it. But wow amazing.

Guns and Who?

Fuck All Y'all
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2004, 10:19:14 PM »

Do you like Bono?! I mean don't you think he's sort of a tool? To me he is much worse than Scott Stapp, he seems like the world's biggest self righteous, wimpy, non-rock star douchebag. Just wanted to know what everyone else thought of him.

Yeah, that's kind of how I feel about them. He's like Scott Stapp times 10. Nothing wrong with trying to be a Saint, I guess, but dont call yourself a rockstar. Bono is everywhere, whether it is the Clinton library, some world convention, the iPod, etc.    And for some reason, I really can't stand his voice.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2004, 10:35:18 PM »

yeah but they are such an established artist they dont need to do that in my opinion, and if u want to promote the Ipod how about using an older classic or something off the album that wont be a single

when i heard Vertigo i want to be able to relate to it in some way not think about an Ipod

thats my point, music is to be interpreted and related too individually by each listener, when its in commercials or something like that, i cant relate no matter how great the song is, it makes me think of the product.

i could be in the minority here but thats how it affects me

I get what you're saying and kind of feel you on it, but out of curiosity how do you feel about music videos? If it's supposed to be interpreted individually does a video ruin the song for you as well? Do you think of dolphins everytime you hear estranged?

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2004, 10:58:32 PM »

Didn't VW and Bon Jovi launched a Volkswagen Golf "Bon Jovi" a few years ago...? Wink

I can't wait to get the new album! Smiley
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 11:04:35 PM by Will » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2004, 12:11:42 AM »

never saw that Bon Jovi commercial but i dont like the song "everyday" that much cause it was featured in Madden 2004.

the dolphins in estranged are different cause thats metaphoric, seeing scott weiland go through losin his wife overdosing, thats real so it doesnt hurt the interpretation

but when hearing a song makes u think of Ipod or a truck or something like that, it does ruin the song for me somewhat.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2004, 12:25:35 AM »

never saw that Bon Jovi commercial but i dont like the song "everyday" that much cause it was featured in Madden 2004.

It was not a commercial, VW did sell a special kind of Golf car model called "Bon Jovi edition", at least in Europe (I was in France at the time).

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2004, 12:54:29 AM »

the dolphins in estranged are different cause thats metaphoric, seeing scott weiland go through losin his wife overdosing, thats real so it doesnt hurt the interpretation

but when hearing a song makes u think of Ipod or a truck or something like that, it does ruin the song for me somewhat.

i dunno about you but it doesn't matter how many songs appear in ads but it never changes what i think about the song. when i think of the song it'll be because of the guitar riff or the solo or the lyrics or the vocals or something.  block out all the other crap (especially an ad that has ruined it).

great songs shouldn't ruined because of something so small as appearing in an ad. if a song like estranged appeared in a movie or an ad is the song so weak and forgettable than it can be replaced in your head by an ad ruining it? c'mon most songs are stronger than that.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2004, 01:46:41 AM »

It was not a commercial, VW did sell a special kind of Golf car model called "Bon Jovi edition", at least in Europe (I was in France at the time).

Whoa really? They did a Pink Floyd edition during the TDB tour. I wonder why they don't do these things over here. Not that I would by one.  Tongue

Back on topic, I'm not sure if I'll be getting the new U2 album yet. I think I'll download it before I make up my mind.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2004, 04:09:13 PM »

Not impressed...at all

The first three songs are okay - then it varies from average to poor. Bland, uninspired, dissapointed.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2004, 06:42:51 PM »

atomic bomb sold around 890,000 copies in its first week.

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2004, 07:07:54 PM »

890,000 copies??!!! Wow that's even impressive for U2. I would've guesses 400-500,000 copies but not 900,000. I guess that gig on the tour buss really made a difference in album sales.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2004, 07:02:13 AM »

890,000 copies??!!! Wow that's even impressive for U2. I would've guesses 400-500,000 copies but not 900,000. I guess that gig on the tour buss really made a difference in album sales.

Its not that impresive - Limp Bizkit's Chocolate Starfish album went platinum (1,000,000) in its first week..........

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2004, 07:23:07 AM »

considering U2 are such an old group that is very impressive selling that many copies.

Eminem is the most popular artist around right now and his one week total just barely outdid U2

that u2 number gives me great hope for axl when he released CD

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: