Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:26:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  U2
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: U2  (Read 128350 times)
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

U2
« on: July 15, 2004, 04:16:33 PM »

Anyway, I found some random U2 news, I thought I would share here.  U2's unreleased / unfinished album was apparently stolen during the photoshoot for the cover art.

Awww... I feel bad for U2.  Maybe this will cause them to release their album sooner rather than later.  Or maybe it was all an honest mistake??  It's gotta suck, either way.

NICE, France - An unfinished copy of U2's upcoming CD disappeared from a photo shoot the Irish rock band was attending in the south of France, police said Thursday.

The CD, not scheduled for release until this Fall, vanished Tuesday while the band was in a studio outside the Riviera city of Nice having pictures taken for the album cover.

About 20 people who were present during the photo shoot were questioned by police, who said it was still unclear if the CD's disappearance was accidental or theft.

The finished album is expected to hit music stores next November, with singles planned for release in September.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 04:39:42 PM »

Why can't Chinese Democracy 'go missing' all of a sudden - it represents our best bet of obtaining it....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 06:04:35 PM »

Izzy, I don't think imaginary things can be stolen... hihi

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Evolution
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 07:40:19 PM »

Well things are always found in the place you least expect to find them. so did the police try someone's cd player?? hihi

just kidding i like U2. it sucks that they may have to release early and compromise their songs
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 08:01:03 PM »

Izzy, someone stole your idea  Grin, don't worry though bro, I've got my ski mask and black outfit and tools, just tell me when we're going to malibu and we'll get this record out from under axls matress and out to the world  ok

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
nevermore
Headliner

Verg I Veum / Varg I Veum

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 04:45:19 PM »

Now for the “what if” type comment…. What if CD was to disappear mysteriously for no one to ever here… sorry. cruel joke (this not to mean i don't have confidence in CD being released sometimes soon and being amazing... nah)

U2 definitely took some time recording this thing. They also made a lot of comments on how good of a material they have here. This is news, although there aren’t to may details of how this might have happen and it’s also weird that something like would be easy to steal.

One might consider this as just a strange attempt at a publicity stunt, though can’t imagine how they can benefit form it.. at this stage at least.

Again hard to imagine that someone just stole this. It may not be complete bull, but surely there a lot of things that seem at least improbable

WECOMEFROMTHELANDOFTHEICEANDSNOW/From the midnight sun,where the hot springs blow/The hammer of the gods/Will drive their ships to new lands/To fight the horde, singing and crying:/ WALHALLA IM coming
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004, 08:38:28 PM »

Yeah,I read the news on today's newspaper. Maybe Axl stole it, he is a self-confessed U2 fan hihi
nevermore
Headliner

Verg I Veum / Varg I Veum

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2004, 01:22:31 AM »

Now for the “what if” type comment…. What if CD was to disappear mysteriously for no one to ever here… sorry. cruel joke (this not to mean i don't have confidence in CD being released sometimes soon and being amazing... nah)

U2 definitely took some time recording this thing. They also made a lot of comments on how good of a material they have here. This is news, although there aren’t to may details of how this might have happen and it’s also weird that something like would be easy to steal.

One might consider this as just a strange attempt at a publicity stunt, though can’t imagine how they can benefit form it.. at this stage at least.

Again hard to imagine that someone just stole this. It may not be complete bull, but surely there a lot of things that seem at least improbable

what the hell's up with those numbers in my post?!

WECOMEFROMTHELANDOFTHEICEANDSNOW/From the midnight sun,where the hot springs blow/The hammer of the gods/Will drive their ships to new lands/To fight the horde, singing and crying:/ WALHALLA IM coming
Chris Misfit
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2004, 04:05:03 AM »

I think the board is trying to tell you something.
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2004, 08:20:41 PM »

I read the other day that this could "delay" the album.....delay?Huh?? shouldn?t it be the other way around?

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Chris Misfit
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2004, 08:30:01 PM »

To be fair, they're Irish.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2004, 09:22:39 AM »

U2 plan to release their new songs via the Internet if a stolen CD leaks, BONO has said.

As revealed by NME.COM, the band have been working on the follow-up to ?All That You Can?t Leave Behind? for much of the year. The album, which is said to have a working title of ?Vertigo?, isn?t due until the autumn at the earliest.

During a photo session in Nice, a CD containing some new songs from the forthcoming album went missing.

According to the Daily Telegraph: "If it is on the Internet this week, we will release it immediately as a legal download on iTunes, and get hard copies into the shops by the end of the month. It would be a real pity. It would screw up years of work and months of planning, not to mention f**king up our holidays. But once it's out, it's out."

The CD that was stolen belonged to guitarist The Edge, who said that it "doesn?t seem credible" that it could have been taken.

Band manager Paul McGuiness added: "The recording of this album has been going so well. The band is so excited about its release. It would be a shame if unfinished work fell into the wrong hands."

Lucian Grainge, chairman and CEO of Universal Music Group UK, added: "This matter is of great concern to us. As the missing CD is our property we are very keen to find it as soon as possible. The French police are being extremely helpful in this regard."

Do you know who has the CD? If so, NME.COM will pass it onto the band for you, no questions asked. E-mail details tonews@nme.com.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2004, 11:54:40 AM »

Another article on this:

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,64310,00.html

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2004, 10:47:31 AM »

I feel bad for the band, hopefully it won?t leak, if I was the one with the cd in my hands, I wouldn?t share it with anyone at all. Can you imagine...you being the only one in the world, except for the band and their collaborators, with new U2 stuff?

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2004, 12:32:13 AM »

Atleast they are not gonna put up with the BULLSHIT and if it leaks they are gonna beat this punk's ass to the punch.  I think U2's true fans will wait and Buy the real copy

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2004, 04:56:22 AM »

Atleast they are not gonna put up with the BULLSHIT and if it leaks they are gonna beat this punk's ass to the punch.? I think U2's true fans will wait and Buy the real copy

I'm a true U2 fan.

I've got all of their albums (original, not copies) and some rare stuff.

But if I can listen to the new album 4 months earlier, I'll download it. That doesn't mean that I won't buy it. I always support the bands I love.

It might be a good thing for their music. Maybe more people will listen to the album and then buy it. People that didn't like U2 that much...

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2004, 06:25:55 AM »

If it was going to leak it would have done so already - i think they've got away with it

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2004, 12:31:27 PM »

Turns out...Oprah had it the whole time....

She can be a real prankster some times.... hihi
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2004, 12:24:08 AM »

Nov. 23 is going to be a beautiful day for U2 fans.

Bono and the boys have announced plans to release their still untitled album in the U.S. then, a day after it drops in the U.K. The first single, "Vertigo," will hit radio on Sept. 24, while a video for the song will debut in October.

U2's 11th studio album, produced by Steve Lillywhite, is the follow-up to their multiple Grammy-winning 2000 disc, All That You Can Leave Behind. Besides "Vertigo," other song titles rumored to be on the Irish rockers' set include "Tough" and "Full Metal Jacket."

The band has been previewing tracks to select music industry types, and the buzz has been tremendous. Time magazine's Josh Tyrangiel says the new CD "is just full of confident, expansive guitar rock from the masters of the form. All the old tricks--the Edge's echoing guitar notes,Larry Mullen Jr.'s martial snare--still work...[Bono] has enormous assuredness, and the occasional cracks in his voice make the bad-relationship songs (and, as always, there are quite a few) darker and more dramatic."

U2 fan site @U2 quotes VH1 Senior Vice President Bill Flanagan saying, "It's the best album they have ever done. It's going to knock [listeners] out." And British rock writer Neil McCormick tells Hot Press magazine that "Vertigo" "is like the early U2 pumped up in the 21st century, a really exciting record."

The album's release will apparently not be impacted by the disappearance of early version of the album. A compact disc containing unmixed versions of the tracks went missing from a recording studio in Nice, France, in July, prompting worries that the songs could be leaked to the Internet, potentially costing the quartet, arguably the most popular rock band in the world, and its label, Interscope, millions in lost revenue.

With French investigators still not finding what they're looking for, Bono told London's Daily Telegraph that the group may try and head off such a disastrous leak by making the album available early as a legal download on Apple's iTunes should file-swappers get their hands on it.

"If it is on the Internet this week, we will release it immediately as a legal download on iTunes, and get hard copies into the shops by the end of the month," the singer said. "It would be a real pity. It would screw up years of work and months of planning, not to mention f--king up our holidays. But once it's out. It's out."

A cursory scan of the major music-swapping sites haven't turned up any of the MIA tracks.

For now, the album will be on shelves--and iTunes--in November, with a U.S. tour slated for the spring.

Source: Yahoo News

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
DemocracyRose
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2004, 01:39:47 AM »

Axl could learn something here.... Tongue

Great for U2 fans and me...

Think about it, take the little word "U2" out of text, and replace it with GNR.... rofl
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: