Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:10:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  U2
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: U2  (Read 128003 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2004, 12:39:48 PM »

My copy is already reserved - i really hope they have gone back to the style they were doing in the 80's - there stuff over the last 10 years has been so bland, where did the guitars go?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2004, 09:52:57 PM »

I really doubt they can go back to their early style but I hope they get close. I was listening to U2 today, specially 2 songs, very underrated by the way and thank God, Electrical Storm("you are in my mind all of the time, I know that?s not enough"....how much love you have to feel to say that!!!!???) and The Ground Beneath Her feet(that song makes me feel like I?m in love even if I?m not).

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2004, 10:03:32 PM »

my favorites are The Joshua Tree, The Unforgettable Fire, and All That You Can't Leave Behind. I really dont know what to expect from them but lets hope this album is good ok
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 10:11:07 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2004, 07:07:09 PM »

So the new album is dropping November, anyone remember when the single is coming out in September. I'm pumped I'm guessing Vertigo is the first new single, still no name for the album yet. But ya November should be a good  month.

Guns & Who is what I'll be thinking, yes I'm a huge G & R fan but U2 can fill my appetite, 4 years for this new baby.

6 years and waiting for GNR (starting at 1999)

Hopefully they tour a bit before Christmas or just one odd show.

So ya post your thoughts on U2 here haha

Fuck All Y'all
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2004, 07:37:27 PM »

i cant wait, i hope its good cuz "All That You Cant Leave Behind" was their first good album since Achtung Baby in my opinion. I hope this one is good, does anyone know when the single comes out? I love "The Joshua Tree" and "Unforgettable Fire" my fave songs are "With or Without You", "Bad", "One" and "In A Little While" The Edge is great he as such a unique sound, and Bono is an amazing singer.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2004, 07:53:03 PM »

I think the First Single Vertigo is coming out in October . I can't wait for November 23. peace

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2004, 10:14:22 PM »

Besides GNR, U2 is the best rock & roll band to come out over the past 25 years. They are great! It's like fine red wine, they get better with age.

Live they are not so good anymore. I saw them during their last leg in 2001 and Bono sounded awful, but what the hell? they managed to put a good show anyway.

As for the new album, yeah..I'm definitely looking forward to it. U2 albums are always groundbreaking. They always deliver ok
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2004, 09:33:55 AM »

U2 can definitely quench my Axl N?Roses thirst...I love them, my favorite album is The Unforgettable Fire and one of my favorite song is the underrated(thank God) The Ground Beneath Her Feet, like I said once, that song makes me feel like I?m in love even if I?m not.

J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2004, 10:27:29 PM »

Holy shit ya the same. The Ground Beneath Her Feet is fucking amazing do you have the chords to it at all Im learning guitar!

Fuck All Y'all
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2004, 10:40:51 PM »

I will definitely be picking up this album once it has hit the shelves.  I am wondering, if a copy of the album was legitably stolen, or was that simply annouced to hype up the release of this new cd?  Because wouldn't the stolen album already be uploaded and shared by now??  Hmmm... could I be onto something?  Do you sense a conspiracy? Smiley
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2004, 07:47:55 PM »

Holy shit ya the same. The Ground Beneath Her Feet is fucking amazing do you have the chords to it at all Im learning guitar!

I don?t have the chords but I?m sure you can get them online. Anyway, do you know that the lyrics tot he song are from a book by author Salman Rushdie, his book has the same name as the song...I want to read it, and also watch the movie the song is a soundtrack for.

As for the conspiracy theory Eebss mentioned, I doubt it, U2 doesn?t need to hype up an album at all...they just announce it and the world goes nuts.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2004, 08:11:34 PM »

2004 has been a pretty good album year so far and it probably won't get worse thanks to U2.  Cool

I read that they covered Kraftwerk's "Neon Lights" for the new single.  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DemocracyRose
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2004, 03:52:17 AM »

New U2 single out 8. nov......

http://ekstrabladet.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=262130
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2004, 07:49:34 PM »

god i hate U2...i didn't just come here to complain, sorry to hate on them but im just curious....

Do you like Bono?! I mean don't you think he's sort of a tool? To me he is much worse than Scott Stapp, he seems like the world's biggest self righteous, wimpy, non-rock star douchebag.  Just wanted to know what everyone else thought of him.

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2004, 02:18:06 PM »

Do you like Bono?! I mean don't you think he's sort of a tool? To me he is much worse than Scott Stapp, he seems like the world's biggest self righteous, wimpy, non-rock star douchebag.? Just wanted to know what everyone else thought of him.

Great lyricist, great singer, great performer. One of the few singers who can pull of a stadium show.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2004, 02:31:38 PM »

I saw U2 during the Elevation tour back whenever that was, and Bono was amazing.  He had so much charisma and had the crowd laughing and cheering with him.  Not to mention, he's got an amazing and unique voice.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2004, 04:00:19 PM »

Here's my problem with U2: they put out amazing singles, but their albums are often very slow and boring overall.  The first U2 album I bought was The Joshua Tree - it's supposed to be one of their best albums, so I figure I'll give it a try.  The first three songs - the singles, "Where The Streets Have No Name", "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For", "With Or Without You" - are all first-rate.  But the rest of the album seemed mediocre.  There was nothing that really grabbed my attention.  Yeah, "Bullet The Blue Sky" had a different sound, but that didn't make it a good song.  The only one I really liked was "Exit"...that was good.  But the rest was just so SLOW and BORING.

After I went to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and saw the Under The Blood Red Sky exhibit there, I thought maybe I'd give U2 another chance.   So I bought their greatest hits 1980-1990.  It was AMAZING.  All the songs were top-notch, and I listened to it over and over again for ages.  But whenever I hear my brother (who's a big U2 fan) listening to All That You Can't Leave Behind, I can't help but think how weak the rest of the songs are compared to the first four.

When I said this to these guys who were talking about U2, they tell me, "That's because not every band has to be like Skid Row."  But what can I say, I like the big arena rock.  And I like soft stuff too, like Neil Young's acoustic stuff and Bruce Springsteen's "Nebraska" album.  But U2's albums are just...boring.

Bottom line: My advice to starting U2 fans is to buy the greatest hits albums and stick with that.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2004, 11:19:15 AM »

U2 Drops The 'Bomb' In November

The long-awaited new U2 album has a confirmed name: "How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb." As previously reported, the 11-track set will be released Nov. 23 via Interscope. First single "Vertigo" will hit U.S. radio outlets on Sept. 24, while a commercial single is due Nov. 8 internationally.

The album name lives up to its early description by author/U2 friend Neil McCormick in Ireland's Hot Press magazine: "an interesting title, an interesting philosophical idea as a title, and quite a difficult title."

"Atomic Bomb" is the follow-up to 2000's "All That You Can't Leave Behind," which has sold more than 4 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. A world tour is expected to launch early next year.

As reported yesterday, U2 is among the nominees for the 2005 induction class of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Source: http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000629484

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2004, 12:15:32 PM »

The one thing that bothers me is that it's been a long time since their last album, and all they have is 11 songs. no
But I do Like the title of the Album. ok

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2004, 12:26:59 PM »

Yeah 11 tracks is not a lot...I was kinda surprised too. But it was the same for "All That You Can't Leave Behind"...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: