Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:04:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  All guitar players line up and get in here! Show off and tell us about your rig!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: All guitar players line up and get in here! Show off and tell us about your rig!  (Read 215535 times)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« on: August 19, 2005, 09:51:42 AM »

All right.? Time to compare and let everyone know what kind of guitars and amp rigs you're using.? I'll start first.

Guitars:

1) Agile Les Paul copy LS 2000 (don't let the copy fool ya, all mahogony body, set-in maple neck plays like a beast.? Better than the Epi copies.

2) Yamaha 40 yr old Classical (thats right, 40 yrs old and plays like a dream.)

3) Fender MIM 97 Strat (for the Funk baby!)

4) Ibanez RG 570 (for when Ima gonna shred!)

5) Alvarez acoustic (for when ole Thorazine is layin back and doin the slide thang)

6) Fernandes Monterey LP copy (lowest action you'll ever play on a git-fiddle.)

7) Epiphone strat copy.? (first guitar that I made into a lamp.? Thats right, lamp.? Because ole Thorazine has that inginuity thang goin on!)

Amp:

Randall RH 200 watt solid state head.? (because it sounds good and because I can't afford a tube amp. Of course you know I'm cheap by now!)

Cab:

Peavey 4x12 sheffield loaded cab.? (Tight bass response with good mid-range.)

Effects:

Cry-baby wah, small-stone phaser, tremelo pedal, chorus, compression, octave pedal.

As long as I've been playin, goin on 20 yrs, I know that your tone lies in the fingers, not your rig.? So don't get afraid if you ain't got the ole name brand.? Now that I'm done showin off, let me hear what you guys got.

Go! beer

« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 02:27:49 PM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 11:43:22 AM »

1) Fender Stratocaster FMT Deluxe, 2004 (my pride and joy, humbucker in bridge, singlecoil in neck and middle. S-1 switch button which provides me with endless options of pickup combinations, I fuckin love it!!)
2) Washburn Falcon, 1981 (kickass rock n roll guitar! got 2 Dimarzio humbuckers that sounds like heaven! Looks like a sunburst Les Paul double cut, only a little nicer IMO.)
3) Westone Spectrum SX, mid 80s (Ive put a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker in the bridge, and Im not too crazy about it, gonna look for another one soon. I also have a Dimarzio HS-2 in neck position, and I love that one! it's got Floyd Rose and all, very good guitar!
4) Peavey Raptor (this guy lent this to me, I was only gonna fix it up for him, but Ive had it for 6 months now, guess he doesn't care too much about it).
5) a knockoff Telecaster, Im gonna change everything on this guitar. Ive changed the neck and tuners already, gonna make a new body myself and buy new pickups.
6) a crummy acoustic called Lucky 7, it's probably 30 years old. it's an ok guitar, don't have much use for acoustics, this one does the trick.

Amp:

Bogey 30w amp, I don't know a damn thing about this brand or amps, only that it's cheap, it's a really good amp though! I usually go to our rehearsal house and use my guitarists Marshall stack when I wanna tear it up with my guitars anyways!

Effects:

I mostly just use what's on the amp, clean, overdrive and distortion.
I have a Daphon Overdrive E200D pedal though. it's a pretty good pedal.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 11:48:34 AM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 02:00:50 PM »

2003 Gibson 1959 Les Paul Reissue Faded Cherry Burst with Seymour Duncan Custom Shop 'Slash' ALNICO II Pros
2004 Gibson 1959 Les Paul Reissue Faded Tobacco Burst with Seymour Duncan Custom Shop 'Slash' ALNICO II Pros

Late 60's era Gibson acoustic

Right now I'm saving up for a Bogner Shiva halfstack. My last amp was a Marshall 2555 and matching cab.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 09:57:14 AM by Darkburst » Logged
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 02:30:54 PM »

2003 Gibson 1959 Les Paul Reissue Faded Cherry Burst with Seymour Duncan Custom Shop 'Slash' ALNICO II Pros
2004 Gibson 1959 Les Paul Reissue Faded Tobacco Burst with Seymour Duncan Custom Shop 'Slash' ALNICO II Pros

Late 60's era Gibson acoustic

Right now I'm saving up for a Bogner Shiva halfstack. My last amp was a Marshall 2555 and matching cab.

Good looking ladies you got there.  The Bogners are some great amps that are gaining alot of interest with some famous players these days.  Good choice. ok

Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 02:46:38 PM »

I used to have a Bogner Shiva combo... I totally regret selling that amp. The best Fendery cleans and raunchy Marshall crunch. This time I'm going halfstack. That way I can use bigger or small cabs depending on what I need. Once you have a combo you're stuck with whatever speakers it has.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 03:07:11 PM »

I used to have a Bogner Shiva combo... I totally regret selling that amp. The best Fendery cleans and raunchy Marshall crunch. This time I'm going halfstack. That way I can use bigger or small cabs depending on what I need. Once you have a combo you're stuck with whatever speakers it has.

Yea great tone you can get out of those amps.  You can still roll with a combo, just as long as you have a speaker output jack.  I had an old fender with 1x12 back in the day, and used my 4x12 cab for the big clubs.  But I hate lugging my half-stack, especially when its not needed (small clubs with good pa equipment can get a combo pretty far.)

Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2005, 07:00:07 PM »

Sons of bitches....im gonna look like an ant...
-Epiphone Les Paul
-Squire start (crap, but my first guitar)
-Washbourn bass
-Staner amp (really really crap)
-Boss Distortion pedal
-Danelectro Chorus pedal

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2005, 07:54:41 PM »

Yay....

I have an Epiphone Les Paul, and a Line6 Pod XT connected to my computer... Maybe I'll have some more one day. But for now.. I'm not really that good of a player to be in a need for anything more. But maybe one day..

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 04:35:23 AM »

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Double Neck SG
Old 60's Acoustic

Sennheiser Wireless System
Boss GE-5 Equaliser pedal
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Marshall MG100DFX

Will soon be a JCM800 2210 with 2 cabs, I will then want to run a second JCM800 and use a A/B box to change between the two heads. One running clean and one overdrive.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2005, 05:01:28 AM »

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Epiphone Wildcat

Marshall G30R CD

It's no big deal but I'm really happy with it, the guitars are great and the sound I get is exactly what I like as a rhythm guitarist, the Izzy / Rolling Stones kinda sound a combo between country clean and marshal distortion.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 05:04:30 AM by IzzyDutch » Logged
DustNroses
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2005, 05:28:53 AM »

I have a fender princeton 112 amp with various shitty guitars i have had reconed. i like that tone. plus i dont show off.
DustNroses
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2005, 05:31:06 AM »

JOKE: how do you know if theres a guitarist at your party.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  He will tell you.
DustNroses
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2005, 05:34:10 AM »

JOKE: how many guitarists does it take to change a light bulb???                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             A: 51, 1 to change the light bulb and 50 to stand around saying "thats fukin shit"
conny
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2005, 08:29:40 PM »

Sigma DM-1 ST, Takamine EG 220 C, Squier Telecaster Custom II, Marshall MG-15 DFX

That's it.
Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2005, 02:34:28 AM »

LMAO rofl rofl i love the jokes! so true too hihi

Charvel CX391 (w/ SD Dimebucker)
Crate GLX212
Boss GT-6
Boss MT-2
MXR phase 90

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2005, 09:28:41 PM »

Sons of bitches....im gonna look like an ant...
-Epiphone Les Paul
-Squire start (crap, but my first guitar)
-Washbourn bass
-Staner amp (really really crap)
-Boss Distortion pedal
-Danelectro Chorus pedal

But then agian you're like what??  15??

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2005, 04:50:25 PM »

Boss GT-6

How does that multieffect sounds? I'm guessing about getting one of them inestad separate pedals (I have no room in my house for lots of wires)

Mi Gear:

Ibanez RG470DX (Japanese limited edition)
Marshall 80W Combo
Antigua Casa Nu?ez guitar (Really good cutaway & nylon strings acoustic guitar)

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2005, 07:09:27 PM »

Gibson Les Paul Studiostandard (it's hard to determine)
Simpon & Patrick Cedar Top Acoustic
Fender Jaguar Reissure (soon to be with a tune-o-matic bridge)

Crowther Hot cake
Boss EQ & Digi Delay
Tremodillo
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2005, 07:10:35 PM »

live pics from e's hellhouse...
 hihi

and thats Sturla under the guitar, he's sleeping and didn't notice shit he he. Grin smoking

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2005, 08:48:22 AM »

I'm sure your friend will appreciate you posting that pic.  Tongue  Why is he sleeping under your guitar?  confused  What if he woke up and threw it?  Shocked

Funny jokes BTW and sooooo true!  hihi

Why don't you just....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: