Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:13:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227826 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  All guitar players line up and get in here! Show off and tell us about your rig!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: All guitar players line up and get in here! Show off and tell us about your rig!  (Read 216591 times)
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2006, 04:25:16 PM »

I've got a new Gibson Les Paul standard on its way to me this week! at the moment im usin a les paul replica (westfield), its served its purpose for the last 2 yrs getting me started and now its time for me to upgrade! I'll take some pics of my rig and post em l8r this week

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2006, 06:08:54 PM »

I've got a new Gibson Les Paul standard on its way to me this week! at the moment im usin a les paul replica (westfield), its served its purpose for the last 2 yrs getting me started and now its time for me to upgrade! I'll take some pics of my rig and post em l8r this week

i guess congrats in it's right place!!

i remember getting my first les paul, i fuckin' slept with it in the bed... my girlfriend slept on the couch and was pretty fuckin' pissed about it! hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
greendog
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2006, 03:31:53 AM »

BTW: I was really turned on to Tokai by this thread, but you guys say the japanese Tokai is the thing to go for. I can only find the one's made in Korea. Are these inferiour to the japanese one's? Or are the Korean one's just as good to play?

i was going to get a Tokai les paul... it was beautiful and played like a dream, but it was discontinued (i believe) because they were so close to actual gibsons, gibson filed a complaint or something.

i could be wrong, im not saying im right, only what ive been told. please correct if otherwise
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2006, 03:08:31 PM »

just got the epiphone les paul standard plus top antique sunburst finish....I'm thinking of getting a roland 30 watt amp to go with it but haven't decided yet...anybody got suggestions for a good small amp (30 - 60 watts)?

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2006, 04:31:52 PM »

just got the epiphone les paul standard plus top antique sunburst finish....I'm thinking of getting a roland 30 watt amp to go with it but haven't decided yet...anybody got suggestions for a good small amp (30 - 60 watts)?

i got a roland cube 30 and it really rocks.

i don't think any other 30 watt amp can beat the cube 30, plus the effects sounds really good aswell.

there's a vox one that is pretty cool to, can't remember the name tho, it has like a valve preamp so it might be a little bit more expencive than the cube.

but randal or marshall, fender etc can go fuck themselves when it comes to those little livingroom amps...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2006, 05:52:57 PM »

Peavey ValveKing 112- 50watts all tube, texture control (a-A/B) boost and reverb

i have the 212, its amazing
I also have a microcube and the fsounds are noting special and there is only 1 EQ knob  rant

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2006, 05:31:44 AM »

Every time I enter this thread I depress myself hell a lot. hihi

I have only a Fender Stratocaster and a funny Metal Monarch distortion....

"...It don't really matter..."
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2006, 09:00:46 AM »

i don't think any other 30 watt amp can beat the cube 30, plus the effects sounds really good aswell.

yeah i played that amp at the guitar shop and i really loved the sound of it

there's a vox one that is pretty cool to, can't remember the name tho, it has like a valve preamp so it might be a little bit more expencive than the cube.

cool thanks i'll check it out Cheesy

AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2006, 02:03:14 PM »

yeah i played that amp at the guitar shop and i really loved the sound of it

try a peavey while you're at it

cool thanks i'll check it out Cheesy

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2006, 02:10:22 PM »

try a peavey while you're at it

I had a small 25w peavy amp years ago and it was way too harsh sounding for me...it actually got me out of playing electric guitar i hated the sound of it so much (that was about 1998-2000 i played that thing)...but i guess it coulda just been the guitar i was using...but i have a feeling it was a combo of the 2...thanks though AXL 20 ok beer

how do fender's sound?

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2006, 02:12:18 PM »

actually I'll try a peavy again with the les paul when i go to the shop and give it a second chance cuz of the recommendation Wink

AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2006, 01:50:11 PM »

actually I'll try a peavy again with the les paul when i go to the shop and give it a second chance cuz of the recommendation Wink
ok I had a 35 watt peavey combo (audition 45 or something) like 3 years ago before i moved on to bass and it would always be kinda rough, but i wsa using a squire strat

now I play an orville Les Paul with gibson p/ups
and
a shcecter c-1 elite (for sale btw)

through a valveking and i can reach any tone i want through it, except like death metal which yhou need a pedal for and i wouldnt play anyways.

fenders are good but the nice ones are a bit pricey. like the blues Jr. or whatever

good luck  ok

Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2006, 03:16:09 PM »

Heres my new Desert Burst Gibson Les Paul Standard!! Had it a day now, very nice guitar, came with a lovely hard shell case.

And heres a shot of my new guitar along with my first electric (Westfield Les Paul) and an epiphone elctro acoustic.

And here is my Marshall MG30 DFX, a podxt Live and a Dunlop 535q Wah Wah. I also have a Marshall Jackhammer JH-1 which I rarely use now. I've been playing for about 2 and a half years now.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 03:20:10 PM by Irish rose » Logged

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2006, 08:05:48 PM »

thats an awsome axe you got there irish! congrats!! ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2006, 10:10:39 PM »

I don't think any other 30 watt amp can beat the cube 30...
Going out on a limb here but maybe the AC30 is better??  Tongue

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2006, 08:50:28 AM »

I don't think any other 30 watt amp can beat the cube 30...
Going out on a limb here but maybe the AC30 is better??? Tongue

who make that? or is that just the "official" product number Huh I was looking at the Roland Cube 30X and its pretty fucking sweet...that is the one i played when i bought my guitar and it saunded amazing and the features are ridiculous:

Roland?s famous CUBE amp lineup expands with the hot new CUBE 30X. With great new features such as Power Squeezer? for maximum sustain without maximum volume, a fully equipped guitar tuner, a mini-jack aux in for playing along to MP3 and CD players, and of course that incredible CUBE sound, this amp is built to rock!

High-quality DSP guitar amplifier with 30-watt output and 10" speaker
Includes 8 COSM guitar amp models: JC Clean, Acoustic, Black Panel, Brit Combo, Tweed, Classic Stack, Metal Stack, R-fier Stack
Powerful onboard EFX section includes chorus, flanger, phaser and tremolo
Independent Delay/Reverb processor
Two-channel operation (Clean/Lead) with footswitch control of channels and EFX
Recording/Headphone output for silent practice and recording
Auxiliary input for connecting CD players, drum machines, etc.
Simple interface for selecting amp models and effects

Powerful COSM? onboard
Unique Dyna Amp feature

New acoustic simulation inherited from BOSS AC-3
Power Squeezer for maximum gain and sustain - even at low volumes
Convenient onboard tuner

in a 30 watta amp? that is silly, I like it yes

Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2006, 12:32:16 PM »

thats an awsome axe you got there irish! congrats!! ok

Thanks!

sesor
Rocker

« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2006, 08:33:40 PM »

i guess congrats in it's right place!!

i remember getting my first les paul, i fuckin' slept with it in the bed... my girlfriend slept on the couch and was pretty fuckin' pissed about it! hihi

haha, oh i've slept with many a guitar in my time...

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
Kov
1-800 UNBELIEVABLE
Headliner

gunsnroses.hu chinesedemocracy.com

« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2006, 09:41:47 AM »

So here is what I have:

First guitar, a Hora Acoustic, I've got it for christmas a while back.

My first electric, an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus, which I have worked my butt off for, (400 euros, 2 months of work, 8 hours a day), and when when I was going to the US for a year as an exchange student, I took it with me in a gigbag, and I had no problem taking it with me onboard as carry-on luggage, but as soon as I got to New York, it was considered a weapon and I had to check it in. When I got it back, (3 days late btw) it had two cracks, one huge crack around the tone knob of the treble pickup, and one smaller beneath it on the side. So I took it back to the airport, and I told them what happened. They took pictures of the damages, and asked me what kind of guitar is it, and how much does it cost to fix it. I said it's a Gibson Les Paul, and I told them that it's about 600. They told me to get an estimate from a guitar store. I went to the store, and I told them what's up, dude asked me: How much do you want?? hihi? ?So in the end, I got 650 bucks 6 months later, I went back to the store where I got the estimate, and bought a

Mexican Fender Stratocaster there, which was later signed by the bluesman Buddy Guy.

Amp:

Marshall MG15CD, little practice combo, but rehearsal-proof, it's louder than the drumset.

Effects:

Crybaby Wah
Digitech ToneDriver

HTGTH policy:

*poof*
Gone.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2006, 12:19:37 PM »

Guitars

1.Gibson Les Paul Classic -Vintage sunburst