Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 08:47:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Who Should Be a Mod??
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Should Be a Mod??  (Read 23613 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2005, 08:12:20 AM »

Izzy,

On the whole I have absolutely nothing against you.

Smiley

But there are times when you manage to incense me beyond what might be considered humanly possible. And these "times" are usually marked by rather vexatious instances of unrestrained, nonsensical self-glorification of the puerile sort.

Self glorification? Care to give examples, haveing never spoken of myself here i'm fascinated to learn in what ways my posts can be twisted.

You seem to have a real knack for propagating the non sequitur like it's goin' outta style. And let me tell ya pal, it's more than a little attenuating. Work on it.

As one of the more intelligent members of the board I know full well ur as aware of the hypocracy as i am, i must confess to being somewhat dissapointed u insist on supporting the status quo as part of an agenda presently unclear to me. Deep down i think we're both on the same side.

Now, go with the flow, stop acting like a magisterial noob, and for dog's sake, learn the meaning of CONDITIONAL.

hihi U have a go at me for complaining and yet I quoted u doing just that, arguing against the ways things were done in another thread - hypocrite!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2005, 08:16:34 AM »

Izzy,

On the whole I have absolutely nothing against you.

Smiley

But there are times when you manage to incense me beyond what might be considered humanly possible. And these "times" are usually marked by rather vexatious instances of unrestrained, nonsensical self-glorification of the puerile sort.

Self glorification? Care to give examples, haveing never spoken of myself here i'm fascinated to learn in what ways my posts can be twisted.

You seem to have a real knack for propagating the non sequitur like it's goin' outta style. And let me tell ya pal, it's more than a little attenuating. Work on it.

As one of the more intelligent members of the board I know full well ur as aware of the hypocracy as i am, i must confess to being somewhat dissapointed u insist on supporting the status quo as part of an agenda presently unclear to me. Deep down i think we're both on the same side.

Now, go with the flow, stop acting like a magisterial noob, and for dog's sake, learn the meaning of CONDITIONAL.

hihi U have a go at me for complaining and yet I quoted u doing just that, arguing against the ways things were done in another thread - hypocrite!

why cant we be friends , why cant we be friends.........

your both nubs now shut up with your asinine statements, you both do it, and you both know it so stfu and get a clue

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Chris Misfit
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2005, 08:26:52 AM »

If he posted in response to stupid posts that would be okay - but he responds like that to everything, and everyone, even the other mods - either 99.99% of posts are stupid (in which case this place needs cleaning up) or 99.99% of the time he's out of line

I do it with the other Mods because they can take a joke, so can 99.99% of other people. Just not you, which I thrive on.

99.99% of my posts may be stupid, but at least I add some entertainment, you fucking bore.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2005, 09:54:14 AM »

I do it with the other Mods because they can take a joke, so can 99.99% of other people. Just not you, which I thrive on.

I find u highly amusing

99.99% of my posts may be stupid, but at least I add some entertainment, you fucking bore.

So ur stupid - i'm boring, is it better to be boring or stupid?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2005, 10:17:02 AM »

So ur stupid - i'm boring, is it better to be boring or stupid?

He said his posts may be stupid. Even a clever guy like yourself should know that a very clever person can make stupid posts.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MCT
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2005, 10:50:50 AM »

I expelled some excess gas the other day and it sounded like an angry moose. But it wasn't. So I called it a fart.

Self glorification? Care to give examples?

Vexatious, unrestrained and nonsensical self-glorification of the puerile sort, to be exact. And sure, I'd be more than happy to cite:

...haveing never spoken of myself here i'm fascinated to learn in what ways my posts can be twisted.

Take a pill my son and go with the fuckin' flow... Roll Eyes

Is that what u do? Care to explain ur vendetta's against so many posters - SLC, jameslofton29 and a dozen others? Going with the flow eh?

If 'going with the flow' means u just take crap from people without question it might explain why your so resentful.

SLC wins the whole thing

Nothing against SLC, but this wasn't accurate; just like I said from the start. Now, it's not that I really care, it's just that I feel compelled to state what should be obvious to everyone; not just the core members.

Hey man, just go with the flow rofl hihi

I responded to an unprovoked insult - hell, i hadn't even posted in the thread previously!

Now I want you to apply my previous post...

Izzy,

On the whole I have absolutely nothing against you. But there are times when you manage to incense me beyond what might be considered humanly possible. And these "times" are usually marked by rather vexatious instances of unrestrained, nonsensical self-glorification of the puerile sort.

As for the topic at hand, I think Jarmo said it best:

Chris is like a feature on the board. There's the search feature, the board gallery, the Post button and Chris Misfit who'll tell you to fuck off because you post something stupid.

...to everything that just went on above.

And I do urge you to read carefully. It's not that attractive when you draw your impulsive conclusions and consequently come off as a complete spring chicken.

When I first came here (meaning my second incarnation where I had to start a new account after my year and a half long hiatus) I had a "major" run-in with Jimbo (UI). It started out as two points of view, precipitously became a heated exchange of thinly veiled and sometimes arrogantly overt insults, sizzled along as a vendetta (the scales were tipped on my side of the fence, but surely it was felt and acted upon - the vendetta - by both parties), and ultimately turned into a mutualistic friendship in the netizen sense of things.

During our cold war, and on more than one occasion I was dealt lightning bolts from the top of Mt. HTGTH, by none other than our God (again, in the netizen sense of things), Jarmo.

Naturally I was very pissed off so I proceeded to brand him a dictatorial fascist while vainly fighting for free speech and citing hypocrisy and all the other fun stuff.

And you know what? I was right! But looking back on it all I realize that I was wrong. I let my own personal inflections cloud my judgement to the point where I was deluding myself in terms of what I could accomplish: lacking a BAN button and all, if you know what I mean?

So I took that proverbial step back, took a look around, and really saw the forest for the trees; i.e. this is a GREAT forum for what it is. And if you want to take part in its "greatness" then you simply must accept certain things - what Jarmo says goes for example, whether you like it or not.

Now, it just so happens (through my own personal growth and various other reasons) that what Jarmo usually dictates doesn't bother or interfere with me in the least. I've completely come to terms with it.

Can he be hypocritical? Yes! But even he himself admits that! And it's really only in relation to his mods. With everyone else he's about as fair and balanced as you're gonna get. And it's your own fault, not his, if your feelings sometimes get hurt along the way.

As for the mods, it just so happens that I truly like two of 'em. Well, three if you count Waggy. I'd go to bat for them at any given time, as I've demonstrated in the past, and for any given reason.

Moreover, I share a kindred sense of humor (even though it seems that most people "understand" him) with little Chrissy Misfitty. So anything he says or does (even if it's directed at me) is just icing on the cake so to speak. The cake being this forum...

So yes, I'm aware of the hypocrisy, I support the status quo (there's NOTHING wrong with it!!!) and I don't want to be a mod.

And deep down...?...deep down we're of different ilk. Sorry.

Good one.

Now stop laughing at me. I'm trying to be nice here.

your both nubs now shut up with your asinine statements, you both do it, and you both know it so stfu and get a clue

You just started school and you're wasting your time here?

Alright! Make no wonder we're buddies!

Now go to fuck... Angry
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 10:56:31 AM by MCT » Logged
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2005, 12:20:05 PM »

Learn to speak for yourself, buddy (*Izzy*).

Okay u got me - i respond to a post aimed at me....u write that, care to explain ur post?

I posted that I agreed with you and said some other things (which I won't repeat because they were obviosly so offensive? Roll Eyes) and he deleted the post just because he dissagrees with me. I don't really care it just seems a bit childish that he'd do that

U were probably making points so close to the truth he was stumped for a response, perhaps its easier for some people to conceal the truth than face it

Alas, no no no.

His entire post was your quote, in response to Chris.

Maybe he can't post properly? I assumed that he was just trying to say he felt exactly the same as you.

There was no 'other' things.

That is why I deleted it.

Hence my 'learn to speak for yourself' comment.

What the fuck, I didn't even quote him? hihi

I said I agreed with him, since when is that a sin? I then asked a question which you either couldn't answer or you didn't like the answer to it, so you deleted my post. I most definetley did not just quote him

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2005, 01:45:12 PM »

He said his posts may be stupid. Even a clever guy like yourself should know that a very clever person can make stupid posts.

/jarmo

For example...............      http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?action=profile;u=4174;sa=showPosts

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2005, 02:02:26 PM »

I bet u do. On a past occasion u've said u don't care if people insult u - again, u must think us stupid to believe that

I don't give a fuck. People rarely get banned for calling me a geek, loser, fascist, dictator etc etc.

That's true... I should have been banned about 1000 times now, but I'm still here...? Cheesy

If he posted in response to stupid posts that would be okay - but he responds like that to everything, and everyone, even the other mods - either 99.99% of posts are stupid (in which case this place needs cleaning up) or 99.99% of the time he's out of line

Other mods don't care about his "insults". We laugh at them because usually they're quite funny.

Chris really doesn't post that much.

/jarmo

Yeah, he only posts to insult me. But you wouldn't know anything about it since he only posts in the SECRET Misfit board.

Moderators have lots of humour. We need it cause we never get paid... but at least we have a job.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2005, 02:45:20 PM »

MCT - still waiting for this evidence of self glorification....(though maybe it WAS on this forum i admitted i was Jesus, the things that come back to haunt u....)

By ur own admission u have a somewhat colourful past on this board - passing judgement on me is....well, laughable. I saw all the posts where u victimised SLC and others from thread to thread for no reason, consistently being warned, i could be unkind and say that says something about your character and your ability to hold a moral high ground.

U freely admit to seeing the same hypocracy and yet denounce me for mentioning it? Before too long i will be battered into submission - but i haven't lost all self respect just yet and given up as you have - 'just go with the flow'

Well - isn't this the flow:

It's not cool to insult other members of this board!
Posts that only attack another poster without any contribution to the discussion aren't allowed. Anyone consistently attacking other board members will be banned.

From the rules thread

This is a pretty decent forum, but can i really hope to improve it through silence?

Who should be a mod? Not me, i'd stick to the rules after all.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2005, 04:59:51 PM »

Who should be a mod? Not me

Correct.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MCT
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2005, 05:57:10 PM »

MCT - still waiting for this evidence of self glorification....(though maybe it WAS on this forum i admitted i was Jesus, the things that come back to haunt u....)

By ur own admission u have a somewhat colourful past on this board - passing judgement on me is....well, laughable. I saw all the posts where u victimised SLC and others from thread to thread for no reason, consistently being warned, i could be unkind and say that says something about your character and your ability to hold a moral high ground.

U freely admit to seeing the same hypocracy and yet denounce me for mentioning it? Before too long i will be battered into submission - but i haven't lost all self respect just yet and given up as you have - 'just go with the flow'

Well - isn't this the flow:

It's not cool to insult other members of this board!
Posts that only attack another poster without any contribution to the discussion aren't allowed. Anyone consistently attacking other board members will be banned.

From the rules thread

This is a pretty decent forum, but can i really hope to improve it through silence?

Who should be a mod? Not me, i'd stick to the rules after all.

This post perfectly exemplifies every trait that I've branded you with thus far. And let's leave it at that, shall we?

EDIT:

One question though before we wave goodbye - do you seriously think that I'd bother to continuously engage you when all I get in return is cheap prattle?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 06:05:15 PM by MCT » Logged
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2005, 06:17:05 PM »

Ahy, far too true.

The biggest mis(-?)step people take in trying to work out why this board is unfair...is in thinking that it is in any way official, or has to be 'fair.'

Think of it like this:

It's jarmo's board. If he likes Chris, why the fuck shouldn't he let him get away with whatever you want?

Imagine it was one of your friends...

...That hit you in the face? Bit of a laugh, ahy? Imagine it was a stranger? Now that ain't gonna be tolerated.

Rules aren't the same for everybody in all circumstances. These are one of those times.

It's jarmo who put the time and effort into creating this board, and if he wants somebody who he has known for donkeys years to fuck about on the board, then he can. It's his divine right to do it. Not yours to be here.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 06:22:12 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2005, 09:47:58 PM »

See, Izzy has a problem because I said he was boring.

Izzy took offence and we all got bored.

End of.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2005, 11:38:26 PM »

I wish I could understand MCT's posts...  Undecided
SLCPUNK
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2005, 11:39:03 PM »

I wish I could understand MCT's posts...  Undecided

They are in code, it requires a 13 month course.......
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2005, 06:02:39 PM »

I thought it was a 14+ year one, called education?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2005, 07:58:20 PM »

after reading this thread i'm very glad my name wasn't put up as a mod. geez.
MCT
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2005, 10:14:55 AM »

I wish I could understand MCT's posts...? Undecided

Me too!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2005, 10:30:33 AM »

after reading this thread i'm very glad my name wasn't put up as a mod. geez.
Yeah me too, it's like the congress  Grin

No man can be my equal
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: