Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:44:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Why do we like to argue?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why do we like to argue?  (Read 5677 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2005, 11:26:27 AM »

i like to argue for several reasons. it's fun. i have strong opinions on alot of issues. i like to get other people's views to see if there is anything i didn't consider that could change my mind about something. and it can be a good way to learn things (if you're arguing with someone that has some smarts).

and i'm sure another reason is that i have issues. ?hihi

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
MCT
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2005, 05:10:49 PM »

In the face of existential notions you tout the political axis? You're gone by... Undecided

I'm using the political axis as the basis of my argument not as the begining and end of the subject.

Seems to me that you've created a be all and end all type of situation. One big blanket, really.

Now don't get me wrong! I do see where you're coming from, I just think it a tad puerile to wantonly throw everything into the umbra of a mere half realized axiom (the political axis in this case) that deals solely with the governmentally political side of things, because realistically individuals on the whole simply cannot be accurately labeled as either liberals or conservatives. It just doesn't work.

And compromise is the single greatest problem solving tool that ever existed.

Interpersonal problems, sure - in the domestic sense - but compromise doesn't really get one what one truly wants. Only verifiable power does that.

Now, refute me. Unless of course you wish to compromise...

Someone's been reading "The Art of War". Smiley

Actually someone's been reading a crappy Stephen King novel through pragmatic eyes.

Fuck the zoo!

Sometimes verifiable power actually does the opposite.  It creates problems.

Perhaps more accurately, it sometimes creates complications. And only then by the less powerful conglomerating in order to stymie and hamper the efforts of the powerful towards their ultimate goals at any given time by forcing the issue of a usually all-encompassing set of laws or some semblance of a generalized commonality being appealed to. Therefore it can be accurately stated that verifiable power is seldom - if ever - used. Rather, it is the implication of what said power could ultimately do that allows the powerful to move forward with their own agendas in the face of communally acceptable behavior. Notwithstanding of course the extenuating circumstances in which verifiable power is sometimes exercised.

I would refer you to the development, subsequent use and stockpiling of nuclear weapons as a perfect example of what I allude to above.

Oftentimes bending like the blade of grass is more beneficial than being rigid like bamboo.

It's only more beneficial because the wind would be more powerful. Bend or crack essentially.

Besides, the grass is intrinsically and quiescently pliable. It doesn't have much say in the matter.

Even the eternal rock compromises with Mother earth....slowly allowing her to reclaim small pieces of it through her forces of nature.

Enough with the Yodaisms already... confused
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2005, 03:02:17 PM »

Why do I like to argue?? Because it gives me something to do, it gives me an excuse to procrastinate the things I should be doing.? Plus... I'm always right, so I like to strut my stuff!? ?hihi

How hard is it to be right about Bon Jovi sucking?

Sheesh!? ?hihi

rofl? ?rofl? ?rofl

bon jovi makes that debate far too easy.? I prefer to debate with the right wing nut jobs, not because they're not just as easy (because they are) but because they're outrageously comical, whereas bon jovi is just a mind - numbing irritation.? (Well... the right wing nut jobs are also mind - numbing... or should I say, numb in the mind... and they certainly are an irritation... )? hmmm.... then I guess... bon jovi is just not... comical... just vomit inducing!? puke
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2005, 03:27:20 PM »

In the face of existential notions you tout the political axis? You're gone by... Undecided

I'm using the political axis as the basis of my argument not as the begining and end of the subject.

Seems to me that you've created a be all and end all type of situation. One big blanket, really.

Now don't get me wrong! I do see where you're coming from, I just think it a tad puerile to wantonly throw everything into the umbra of a mere half realized axiom (the political axis in this case) that deals solely with the governmentally political side of things, because realistically individuals on the whole simply cannot be accurately labeled as either liberals or conservatives. It just doesn't work.

Well, I wasn't trying to label anybody and everybody as either Liberal or Conservative. What I was trying to do is outline the fact that with almost everything there are two sides and people tend to split over issues and perhaps become hostile to the other side. I just felt using the political axis as a guideline would be the easiest way to express it.

Looking at my original post again I realise I didn't make that clear, but that was my intention.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 03:42:01 PM by Jamie » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2005, 06:48:59 PM »

Heck, people here will argue forever about Slash and Buckethead...not just politics.....
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2005, 07:32:44 PM »

Heck, people here will argue forever about Slash and Buckethead...not just politics.....

You`re not kidding! Notice how many threads turn into that.

It is possible to appreciate both Slash & bucket as well as like VR and GNR at the same time. But it is fun to hop into that arguement when there is nothing else to talk about here!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2005, 10:14:33 PM »

You`re not kidding! Notice how many threads turn into that.

It is possible to appreciate both Slash & bucket as well as like VR and GNR at the same time. But it is fun to hop into that arguement when there is nothing else to talk about here!

Slash rules! Buckethead sucks balls!  hihi

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2005, 10:20:18 PM »

yeah, not to mention Adler vs Sorum, Axl vs Weiland, Stradlin vs Clarke, the arguments are endless.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: