Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:21:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  HTGTH Fight Club
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HTGTH Fight Club  (Read 1543 times)
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« on: August 31, 2005, 03:19:52 AM »

LENGTHY PREAMBLE:

I was watching the movie Fight Club the other day with some friends, thinking a lot about the philosophical aspects to the movie.? If you've ever seen it, there were some interesting ideas in there.? The idea of guys getting together to beat each other senseless in a primal antidote to the stifling consumerism and superficiality of modern life got me thinking.? I've always been a pacifist kind of guy at heart,? but I know from daily reality that everybody else doesn't think the same way.? There are sometimes where the only way someone will learn something is through fighting, even though I don't think that's really the way it should be.

Plainly, even for those of us who don't like the idea of violence, sometimes there are times where you just can't get out of a fight.? Sometimes these end in victory, sometimes in defeat.? But they often provide good stories nevertheless.? It's like when the intellectual guy in
Dazed and Confused waxes on about how "all the great authors, like Hemingway...it never said whether they won or lost.? It just said they got into brawls."? So consider this forum a place where you can freely exchange anecdotes about fights you got in.? Whether you won or lost, hopefully this will be a source of interesting stories.

And now for my first story...

Just finished a night of hanging out with my friends and smoking weed.? What made it different from most other stoned nights is that this time we had a guy who we didn't usually hang out with; we were only hanging out with him because he was the only guy we could get shib from.? Anyway, while we were hanging out with him on the steps of this school, my two buddies started trying to trip us both out, by looking at him and me and saying things like, "oh, he just called you a pussy."? It was all lighthearted, but after a while we both started to go along with it and ended up trash-talking each other, just because we were so high.? This kid is kind of a doofus, so he was acting real macho and trying to prove how tough he was.? He lit a cigarette on his arm, which just made us laugh.? Anyway, then he started moving up to me and flicking me and giving me little slaps.? Finally, I give him a big solid WHACK! across the face and get him into a headlock, from which he cannot escape.? After a few minutes, he finally twists himself away, and that was the end of that.? I won a fight while I was high...pretty impressive (even though it wasn't really serious).? The odds were against me, because I'm a pretty skinny guy.? But I've been working out the whole summer, and I've definitely been getting stronger.? So getting the upper hand in a fight with a supposed tough guy was pretty cool.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 03:23:35 AM by Mattman » Logged
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 05:13:54 AM »

Ohhh....fights...violence...fun...I used to be a violent twat before my stoner days, not without reason though, i always hit with a purpose, unfortunately i've been cheapshoted way to many times.

First fight that comes to mind was when me and a mate were play-fighting, just messing, this was like 6 or 7 years since now.  He was/is a bit of a numpty so when some idiot shouted hey looking there fighting he thought we were, sounds stupid really.  Well a got a good whack as soon as he thought we were and back then not thinking and letting my agression do the talking i went after him only to ger hit a few more, so i stepped back only to lunge forward to get hit a few more times, now very dizzy and numb all around my head i grabbed a chair and chased him off, i'd still say he won though since i got hit way too many times.

To contrast that here's one i won.  In a music lesson the following year this friend (former) was pissing me off and he would not shut up so when i tried to literally shut his mouth he started biting my fingers me response was simple and chucked him through a music stand (witness after who were telling the teacher what happened said it was a chokeslam...bastards...you only have to look at how fat he was to realise that wasn't possible) anyway once he was down on the floor, i saw him on all fours and was in a perfect line for a rib shot so i booted him as hard as i could and he dropped down and boy was he in pain...5 seconds later the teacher came in...10 seconds later i was in trouble...

Those are just 2 examples from a long list, i'll give more later.  These days it's more just messing amonst my mates.  I've only had one fight this year (i'll elaborate on that later) other than that the closest i've come was when the christmas party went wrong when i sprayed my mate with a fire extinguisher....who also happens to be a big GN'R fan with an Axl Rose like temper.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 06:56:29 AM »

if you're really strong - in every sense of the term - you don't even have to fight.

ps: fight club movie sucks (appart from the beautiful Cg's !! ) . the point of fight club is that the fight clubbers are even more stupid and slaves that the *world* they're trying to fight.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: