Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:28:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  GN'R Trading World rants [Re: The VMA Rehersals]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R Trading World rants [Re: The VMA Rehersals]  (Read 18486 times)
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« on: August 26, 2005, 01:47:39 AM »

You DO realize that other trading communities laugh at the GN'R trading community, right?

Over at the Black Crowes' OFFICIAL message board (where bootleg trading/sharing isn't only allowed, BUT ENCOURAGED), there was an entire thread at one point about how much the GN'R bootleg community sucks because its all nothing but hoarders, and I have to agree for the most part. Its a bunch of people who jack off to the fact that they have shit that no-one else has, but if you people stopped to think that if you shared the wealth a little bit, then maybe we wouldn't be in the spot where its impossible to find certain shit.

Waaaaaaaah......I have an unsurfaced proshot master, but I'll only trade it for Vegas 2001...waaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Give me a fucking break.

If you base your life around the fact as to how many rare GN'R videos you own, then you're a sad motherfucker, and I'd call ANYONE out on that.

Fucking share the wealth, its not the end of the world.

-Jeff

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
GNRArnold
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 07:40:58 AM »

Heres what the typical trading communites reaction is to what goes on here-

GNR trading community hoarder- GNR FORE GNR ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other nice trading community- laugh their ass off at how sad these people are
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 07:46:36 AM »

Heres what the typical trading communites reaction is to what goes on here-

GNR trading community hoarder- GNR FORE GNR ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other nice trading community- laugh their ass off at how sad these people are

And whats wrong with only trading for gnr? I know I only trade guns boots and Im sure Im not the only one. Im not interested in other bands concerts.
Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 10:06:02 AM »

Roll Eyes

I sit here everyday and jack-off knowing i have all of these bootlges Roll Eyes

Ya gotta keep your rare shit to get rare shit from other people, thats the way it is so get over it. Poeple like scott who work/worked at MTV who get into the vault and get a rare dvd are not just gonna say "here all of you go, i worked hard to get it, but here you go" It's not gonna happen, it has never happened before. Ever seen the Whiskey '86 show floating around? No becuase the original taper has only given it to very few people. I am sure if someone else happens to get it they are not going to just share it. People are going to keep their rare shit in order to get other rare shit, you don't like it, start collection bootlegs from them other trading cirlces then if they are so great  Roll Eyes

all i really hear from you guys is waaa waaa waaa crying you have stuff i dont have and i want it, waaa waaa waa crying

booo fuckin hooo

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
velvet1223
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 01:30:53 PM »

Nice.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 05:23:15 PM »

Roll Eyes

Ya gotta keep your rare shit to get rare shit from other people, thats the way it is so get over it. Poeple like scott who work/worked at MTV who get into the vault and get a rare dvd are not just gonna say "here all of you go, i worked hard to get it, but here you go" It's not gonna happen, it has never happened before. Ever seen the Whiskey '86 show floating around? No becuase the original taper has only given it to very few people. I am sure if someone else happens to get it they are not going to just share it. People are going to keep their rare shit in order to get other rare shit, you don't like it, start collection bootlegs from them other trading cirlces then if they are so great? Roll Eyes

all i really hear from you guys is waaa waaa waaa crying you have stuff i dont have and i want it, waaa waaa waa crying

booo fuckin hooo

you`re such a cool guy.....  why am i not such a cool guy?Huh

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Throatrake
Rocker

Well, looks like we've got ourselves a reader

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 06:04:46 PM »

Roll Eyes

Ya gotta keep your rare shit to get rare shit from other people, thats the way it is so get over it. Poeple like scott who work/worked at MTV who get into the vault and get a rare dvd are not just gonna say "here all of you go, i worked hard to get it, but here you go" It's not gonna happen, it has never happened before. Ever seen the Whiskey '86 show floating around? No becuase the original taper has only given it to very few people. I am sure if someone else happens to get it they are not going to just share it. People are going to keep their rare shit in order to get other rare shit, you don't like it, start collection bootlegs from them other trading cirlces then if they are so great  Roll Eyes

booo fuckin hooo

Yeah I'm sure you worked really hard to get your "rare" stuff.
Bottom line, you were lucky enough to have an opportunity to get your hands on rare shit and you took it.
Lucky. Not "hard work"

You think we all cry and wine here?
That's nothing compared to how your sister begs for my 3 piece. Grin

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 07:05:41 PM »

Roll Eyes

Ya gotta keep your rare shit to get rare shit from other people, thats the way it is so get over it. Poeple like scott who work/worked at MTV who get into the vault and get a rare dvd are not just gonna say "here all of you go, i worked hard to get it, but here you go" It's not gonna happen, it has never happened before. Ever seen the Whiskey '86 show floating around? No becuase the original taper has only given it to very few people. I am sure if someone else happens to get it they are not going to just share it. People are going to keep their rare shit in order to get other rare shit, you don't like it, start collection bootlegs from them other trading cirlces then if they are so great? Roll Eyes

booo fuckin hooo

Bottom line, you were lucky enough to have an opportunity to get your hands on rare shit and you took it.
Lucky. Not "hard work"

I don't care if the guy is an asshole or a hoarder or anything else.

It doesnt give you the right to talk this way.

You have been warned.

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 07:58:29 PM »

Roll Eyes

booo fuckin hooo

Lucky. Not "hard work"

No, he's worked hard, I've helped him out in getting a few of the shows he needs. He's spent many hours, and many days reading and contacting people lookin' for a trade, and prolly been shot down a few times. And to all those that say Briggsy doesn't share, you're wrong, he's been hooking me up since I first joined the forums, the only shows I had at that time were on silvers. Now, I've got around 180 shows or so, and quite a few came from Briggsy, so maybe people should get their facts stright before they accuse someone of being a hoarder.

Rant over.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 08:06:54 PM »

Roll Eyes

booo fuckin hooo

Lucky. Not "hard work"

No, he's worked hard, I've helped him out in getting a few of the shows he needs. He's spent many hours, and many days reading and contacting people lookin' for a trade, and prolly been shot down a few times. And to all those that say Briggsy doesn't share, you're wrong, he's been hooking me up since I first joined the forums, the only shows I had at that time were on silvers. Now, I've got around 180 shows or so, and quite a few came from Briggsy, so maybe people should get their facts stright before they accuse someone of being a hoarder.

Rant over.

He is hoarding rare interviews, he even admitted it. The stuff he gave you was prolly mp3's and mpg's. Thats not the type of stuff were talking about here. Were talking about quality stuff that he is hoarding. He says no one would share? Well guess what? Untill I almost got screwed out of a pile of shows I thought I was gonna get some extremely rare shit. And guess what I was gonna do with it all? Nope not hoard it, I was gonna torrent it ALL. Just ask Will he knew about it. Hoarding shows just leads to more hoarding and less shows being available to the fans (which is what we should be trying to achieve.)  ok
Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 11:23:25 PM »

Roll Eyes

Ya gotta keep your rare shit to get rare shit from other people, thats the way it is so get over it. Poeple like scott who work/worked at MTV who get into the vault and get a rare dvd are not just gonna say "here all of you go, i worked hard to get it, but here you go" It's not gonna happen, it has never happened before. Ever seen the Whiskey '86 show floating around? No becuase the original taper has only given it to very few people. I am sure if someone else happens to get it they are not going to just share it. People are going to keep their rare shit in order to get other rare shit, you don't like it, start collection bootlegs from them other trading cirlces then if they are so great Roll Eyes

booo fuckin hooo

Lucky. Not "hard work"

Rant over.

He is hoarding rare interviews, he even admitted it. The stuff he gave you was prolly mp3's and mpg's. Thats not the type of stuff were talking about here. Were talking about quality stuff that he is hoarding. He says no one would share? Well guess what? Untill I almost got screwed out of a pile of shows I thought I was gonna get some extremely rare shit. And guess what I was gonna do with it all? Nope not hoard it, I was gonna torrent it ALL. Just ask Will he knew about it. Hoarding shows just leads to more hoarding and less shows being available to the fans (which is what we should be trying to achieve.) ok

Actually i never said i was a hoarder, i said i have rare interviews, funny thing is that i have shared this with other peeps before too...As Axlander said, i actually do share my stuff, not only with him but many other peeps i have grown to like along the way collecting the shit i have. I am a member of 3 different secret forums who i share with members all the time. I just chose to share with them becuase i know them, and i also do not wish to share with the general public. You don't think i worked hard to get the shit i have and i just got lucky? I dont think so, i spent a lot of time going through peoples lists and locating shows i still lacked, many of which had nothing i needed. Every once in a while i would find a list with something i needed, i would conntact that person and work out a trade, i would also keep the info of this person for the future and other possible trades. I have made many many trades, almost everything i have got was through a trade. Axlander was one of the few who decided to actually become a pal of mine, a smart choice on his part. I have hooked this guy up countless times. Also, you don't think i share the rare shit with him? Guess again...i share anything and everything i have with a select amount of people who i have grown to like in the gnr community and some people who traded with me and helped me out in the past. So basically, if you want to get everyshow, ya just gotta take the time and put some effort into it and look through peoples lists and make trades, thats the way it is.

I have also been screwed over in trades many many times, which just sets you back even further and makes you have to search through even more lists to find the shit you were gonna trade for before. I admitt the gnr bootleg community isnt nice, it wasnt nice to me, so i chose not to be nice back. It's all opinions, you have yours, i have mine.

How does hoarding lead to more hoarding? The hoarders can only hoard so much, as soon as a rare show is shared(i have seen them shared before on public forums) that is one less rare show...I don't actually consider it hoarding, they just hold onto the suff until they can use it to get something else for equal value, or trade a few rare things to get an even rarer thing. As soon as you make the trade, that is one more person who has the rare show or whatever, then they trade it for something, then the next person trades it, and soon the show isnt rare anymore...Example: I traded for the Val Du Lakes show awhile ago, i traded it with someone else, and soon enough it popped up on a forum. So i dont really consider it hoarding, more like keeping it rare until you can get something else for it.

Also, that is your choice to share your rare stuff you get with the gnr community, that is just one less rare thing to trade further on down the line.

So if you want to think of me as an asshole or a hoarder, feel free, personally i dont care what you think, at the end of the day, its just some guy half way across the world calling me an asshole on the internet... Roll Eyes

@Throatrake - funny how i dont even have a sis  Roll Eyes

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 11:56:27 PM »

Roll Eyes

booo fuckin hooo

Lucky. Not "hard work"

Rant over.

He is hoarding rare interviews, he even admitted it. The stuff he gave you was prolly mp3's and mpg's. Thats not the type of stuff were talking about here. Were talking about quality stuff that he is hoarding. He says no one would share? Well guess what? Untill I almost got screwed out of a pile of shows I thought I was gonna get some extremely rare shit. And guess what I was gonna do with it all? Nope not hoard it, I was gonna torrent it ALL. Just ask Will he knew about it. Hoarding shows just leads to more hoarding and less shows being available to the fans (which is what we should be trying to achieve.)? ok

Actually, I've got a few of the rare interviews from him. And, I've got some rare audio shows from him.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Jarl
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2005, 10:54:04 AM »

Awesome discussion. Cool to see how all you guy?s and girls love each other so much.

Johan
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 11:01:04 AM by Jarl » Logged

Throatrake
Rocker

Well, looks like we've got ourselves a reader

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2005, 02:04:59 PM »

CUbriggsy, I guess I should've pointed out that the sister comment was a joke (in poor taste).

Anyway, I don't consider your collecting hobby hard work. It's fun. Not work.

Mark my words, if I ever get something rare that everyone wants, I'll make dam sure that they get it.
You know why? Because I would rather make everyone happy knowing that I had a hand in their good fortune.
That's enough for me. I don't wanna watch/listen to stufff that I can't talk about with someone else.

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
Jarl
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2005, 05:37:42 PM »

Mark my words, if I ever get something rare that everyone wants, I'll make dam sure that they get it.
You know why? Because I would rather make everyone happy knowing that I had a hand in their good fortune.
That's enough for me. I don't wanna watch/listen to stufff that I can't talk about with someone else.

That's what people call a Fan. Someone who wants to let as many people as possible enjoy what they enjoy, so they can talk about it. Believe it or not but there are a few more like you.

Johan

Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2005, 05:23:34 PM »

I never said collection bootlegs wasnt fun, all i said is that i worked hard to get what i have. I also can talk about what i have with many other people who have everything i have and some people who have a hell of a lot more than i do. Like i said, feel free to share that rare shit when ya get it, it is just one less thing you have to trade with someone to get another rare show.

so i guess becuase i dont choose to share all the shit i have with you i am not a fan  Roll Eyes

I told you before, i actually do share all my shit with a lot of people, anything they request from me, it to them as soon as i can. I just chose who i want to share with, basically people who imo actually enjoy what i give them. I have uploaded and shared many many shows before, i dont know if you were around when the virtual lockers were around, but i was one of the people with a lot of shit up. After they went down i continued to upload many shows. I actually just recently decided not to "share" anymore due to people being assholes about everything. I uploaded a VERY VERY VERY rare show at a forum i am a mod at, in a day the link was expired...2 people actually said thanks for it...10 people asked for it to be reuploaded becuase the missed it...That was the moment i decided not to "share" with the general public anymore.

I am a member at 3 secret forums, with limited members, i share with them.

End Of Story

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2005, 07:43:56 PM »

I never said collection bootlegs wasnt fun, all i said is that i worked hard to get what i have. I also can talk about what i have with many other people who have everything i have and some people who have a hell of a lot more than i do. Like i said, feel free to share that rare shit when ya get it, it is just one less thing you have to trade with someone to get another rare show.

so i guess becuase i dont choose to share all the shit i have with you i am not a fan? Roll Eyes

I told you before, i actually do share all my shit with a lot of people, anything they request from me, it to them as soon as i can. I just chose who i want to share with, basically people who imo actually enjoy what i give them. I have uploaded and shared many many shows before, i dont know if you were around when the virtual lockers were around, but i was one of the people with a lot of shit up. After they went down i continued to upload many shows. I actually just recently decided not to "share" anymore due to people being assholes about everything. I uploaded a VERY VERY VERY rare show at a forum i am a mod at, in a day the link was expired...2 people actually said thanks for it...10 people asked for it to be reuploaded becuase the missed it...That was the moment i decided not to "share" with the general public anymore.

End Of Story

I think we are talking about something different.  We are talking about sharing and trading lossless audio and video which means FLAC, APE, SHN, and DVD.  The stuff that I seen on your list is most assuredly mostly mp3 audio and mpg videos right?
Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2005, 10:25:59 PM »

some mp3, some lossless, and the videos are all DVD

also, i have never seen any of the rare shows in lossless format

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2005, 10:48:26 PM »

some mp3, some lossless, and the videos are all DVD

also, i have never seen any of the rare shows in lossless format

Where did you get these

03.28.86 - The Roxy, Hollywood, CA[Incomplete]

07.11.86 - Troubadour, Hollywood, CA[Incomplete]

Those should be complete on DVD.

And what rare shows do you speak of that aren't on lossless.? If they exist in mp3 they most likely exist in lossless.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2005, 10:50:51 PM »

so i guess becuase i dont choose to share all the shit i have with you i am not a fan? Roll Eyes

End Of Story

Yeah man... Going through lists, sending emails, sometimes you even have to attach screenshots. I know the feeling. It's a tough job but somebody's got to do it.

Trading is not a hobby. It's such a hard work... Infact it's so hard that some people get paid to do it... ?Roll Eyes

You stopped sharing just cause some people asked for the show to be reuploaded? Wow, you big sharer you... Roll Eyes

You are a member of 3 secret forums... WOW... I mean, look at you. Your parents must be really proud of you. 3 SECRET FORUMS... ?rofl

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: