Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:46:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  GN'R Trading World rants [Re: The VMA Rehersals]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R Trading World rants [Re: The VMA Rehersals]  (Read 18489 times)
oidi
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2005, 04:06:20 PM »

i understand, i understand what you're talking about.
but there are some people outside, that are even lucky, when they can get the shows in mp3 format. they do not need lossless.
in different forums you can share the shows (as you said: uploading and downloading Wink) but one day, you'll come to a point, you cannot get a show of the sharing-community.
i traded my last 150 gnr shows (which is not a trade for you, cause i uploaded and downloaded them (via yousendit;))).
oh, maybe i did some trades: i burned my shows on dvd's and did some dvd-trades with guys, that are doing mp3 trades via mail too Smiley
but one day i started collecting lossless. do you want to know, what the reason therefore is??
gonna tell you: maybe you know marcel from germany. he should be a name in the gnr trading community.
he asked me about the times of each song from my 07.12.1988 version. i have had different times as they are standing on gnrbootlegs.com...
now i want to have the original-files to be shure to have an original.
i do not collect vcd anymore.

maybe we can do a trade anytime in future when i got more of the lossless and dvd stuff.

-oidi-
Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2005, 05:04:22 PM »

just becuase i am in college and dont have the extra money to blow on sending shit through the mail doesnt mean i dont trade shit. I upload something and send the link to the person i trade with after i get my link, if i have traded with the person before i will send the link when i get it done and they get me my link when they can. Sorry, but why pay money for that shit when i am just as satisfied with uploading and downloading for free. Why worry about all that lossless shit when for the time being i am satisfied with mp3's. Like you guys said, get with the new times and use the internet Roll Eyes and upload and download for trades Roll Eyes

Also, my vids are dvd, but again i trade by uploading and downloading the dvd files, .vob or whatever...but like i said, i have actually just started getting the vids as i just finished getting all the audio, minus the 9 unsurfaced shows...

Sorry for all the shit before, didnt mean to get shit started, i didnt know you guys are all lossless and shit. So i guess i am not a big trader becuase i dont spend money or dont collect lossless, oh well i guess, i am happy with i got, and many other peeps are quite happy with mp3's too. It's all opinions, you guys are all about lossless shit and thats fine, i am just about getting shit i dont have, either mp3's or whatever.

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2005, 05:41:51 PM »

but there are some people outside, that are even lucky, when they can get the shows in mp3 format. they do not need lossless.
in different forums you can share the shows (as you said: uploading and downloading Wink) but one day, you'll come to a point, you cannot get a show of the sharing-community.
i traded my last 150 gnr shows (which is not a trade for you, cause i uploaded and downloaded them (via yousendit;))).
oh, maybe i did some trades: i burned my shows on dvd's and did some dvd-trades with guys, that are doing mp3 trades via mail too Smiley
but one day i started collecting lossless. do you want to know, what the reason therefore is??
gonna tell you: maybe you know marcel from germany. he should be a name in the gnr trading community.
he asked me about the times of each song from my 07.12.1988 version. i have had different times as they are standing on gnrbootlegs.com...
now i want to have the original-files to be shure to have an original.
i do not collect vcd anymore.

maybe we can do a trade anytime in future when i got more of the lossless and dvd stuff.

-oidi-

Always open to a nice, quality trading.

You know the name, you know the address...  Grin

And if you don't, check my signature...  hihi

Briggsy, as I said before: when you start trading for real, let me know so we can have this conversation again.

Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2005, 05:54:38 PM »

when i start trading for real  Roll Eyes

only shit i am trading for now is rare shit i dont already have and DVD's, which i already have hook ups for GNR DVD's, so i dont need to have the conversation with you again. i see nothing wrong with uploading and downloading for trades...as far as i am concerned i would rather spend a day uploading something than have to spend money everytime i wanted to trade something...why pay for shit when ya dont need to or when ya dont really have the extra cash to spend like that. i will continue to trade my way, you can feel free to trade the way you want too

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2005, 06:03:27 PM »

when i start trading for real  Roll Eyes

only shit i am trading for now is rare shit i dont already have and DVD's, which i already have hook ups for GNR DVD's, so i dont need to have the conversation with you again. i see nothing wrong with uploading and downloading for trades...as far as i am concerned i would rather spend a day uploading something than have to spend money everytime i wanted to trade something...why pay for shit when ya dont need to or when ya dont really have the extra cash to spend like that. i will continue to trade my way, you can feel free to trade the way you want too

Uploading and downloading is not trading. Trading is when you actually go to the postoffice to mail out the stuff and go there to get stuff back. Thats the way trading has always been and it will probably always be that way in the future. Besides mp3's and mpg's suck compared to lossless and dvds. Like Axlgreece said when you start trading for real then say something, untill then your not a trader.
Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2005, 06:22:18 PM »

wow, do you not read my fuckin posts?  Roll Eyes

like i said, i am in college, i have no fuckin money to waste on shipping stuff half way across the world, so if thats what you consider to be trading whatever, waste your god damn money on that shit, i am not going to.

Webster's Dictionary - Trade: to give one thing in exchange for another

I see nothing about having to ship anything in the mail  Roll Eyes

I'll trade how i want to, you trade how you want to, either way i am still trading how i choose to, and will get the shit i want one way or another

btw, dont you guys upload and download shit from torrents and shit? Roll Eyes
oh i guess that is "sharing" not trading Roll Eyes

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2005, 06:27:51 PM »

btw, dont you guys upload and download shit from torrents and shit?
oh i guess that is "sharing" not trading

Yes thats called sharing, and alot of us share everything we have. We dont keep rare stuff to ourselves just to get other stuff. Thats what being a fan is all about.
Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2005, 06:28:47 PM »

exactly, many many shows have only surfaced in mp3...

and like you said, some people do not need lossless

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2005, 06:31:48 PM »

Yes thats called sharing, and alot of us share everything we have. We dont keep rare stuff to ourselves just to get other stuff. Thats what being a fan is all about.

so i guess you are saying you arent a fan, because earlier you said you traded  Roll Eyes make up your damn mind

so i guess since you like to share so much, why not share all your shit with the forum then? make torrents for all the shit you have for everyone to enjoy

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2005, 06:34:31 PM »

so i guess you are saying you arent a fan, because earlier you said you traded  Roll Eyes make up your damn mind

so i guess since you like to share so much, why not share all your shit with the forum then? make torrents for all the shit you have for everyone to enjoy

I do both, I trade to get the shows then I torrent them out for everyone else. But I guess you wouldnt know that because you only deal with mp3's  rofl
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2005, 08:02:18 PM »

The only thing I would personnally say is if you want to trade mp3s, that's fine, but please always make it clear in your list that the CDs you're sending are mp3-sourced. There's nothing worse than expecting something lossless and getting burned with something of lesser quality. Nowadays, there are programs, such as EAC, Cool Edit Pro or Audacity that make it relatively easy to know what the source of your recording is. Of course, you have to spend a bit of time to learn how to read spectrals and stuff, but I think it's worth it if you want to keep the trading pool clean.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
oidi
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2005, 12:04:54 AM »

I do both, I trade to get the shows then I torrent them out for everyone else. But I guess you wouldnt know that because you only deal with mp3's  rofl

yep, briggs: he made a lot of torrents in the past
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2005, 12:44:12 AM »

The only thing I would personnally say is if you want to trade mp3s, that's fine, but please always make it clear in your list that the CDs you're sending are mp3-sourced. There's nothing worse than expecting something lossless and getting burned with something of lesser quality. Nowadays, there are programs, such as EAC, Cool Edit Pro or Audacity that make it relatively easy to know what the source of your recording is. Of course, you have to spend a bit of time to learn how to read spectrals and stuff, but I think it's worth it if you want to keep the trading pool clean.

This is the most important part of this off topic subject.? Everyone should make sure that if they have mp3 or vcd sourced material it is listed correctly.

And I do not agree with the "uploading/downloading is not trading" bit either.? I have traded with quite a few guys through torrents and hubs.? But of the stuff that is on my list that was traded for(because not everything was traded for, some were downloaded from STG, DIME, PC tracker and other places), 90% came through the mail no doubt.

I never said briggsy wasn't a real trader it's just that he trades in different formats than we do(myself, chineseblues, and christos and many others) and thats fine, I just wanted to point that out to him.? To let him know that more than likely he wasn't going to get the VMA's DVD or anything else like that with mp3's and mpg's.? I was more onto him saying that I wasn't much of a trader when he knew nothing about me, not that I care if anyone knows who I am or what I have.? I also wasn't trying to show off my list with my "let's compare lists" comment because I know there are plenty of people out there with more than me and in better quality.

We deal with lossless audio and video because it is much better quality for the most part.

Also I am sure there are more than 9 "unsurfaced shows" in mp3 format.
Jarl
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2005, 07:20:48 AM »

Trading: exchange 1 or more show's with 1 guy or girl for others.
You can do it postal, or online.
Both are still trading.
Postal is the old fasion way, online trading is the modern way, i guess.
But as long as you do it with 1 guy or girl it's trading, both of them.
Sharing is giving 1 show to as many people as you can with notting in return.

Here is something you people might like.
www.dvd.gnr.gr
You can find out a bit more about the dvd show's that are around for trade and for share.
Remember not all the show's are there yet.

Johan
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 07:40:29 AM by Jarl » Logged

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2005, 07:41:13 AM »

WTF has all this to do with the VMA rehearsals?

Thread fuckin splitted already. For fuck's sake, do we have to have the same fuckin discussion over and over again on every goddamn board on the internet?

Why can't people just be happy with what they have?? Yeah boots are great, I've been trading since I was 13 but it was way cooler back then, no internet boards where traders would bash each other and put people down. Bootlegs are just CDRs and DVDRs, actually they are now basically digital files (.FLAC, .VOB, etc.) shared on the internet. Are they really worth that kind of discussion? Are they really worth people fighting over who's got what and why and oh the humanity I don't have the rare interviews or rehearsals? Who the fuck cares? Is that really important? People fuckin die everyday in floodings, terrorist attacks, earthquakes or whatever, people lose their job everyday. Some people actually have real problems, and all we care about is if someone has whatever bootleg others don't?

People in the trading community get disappointed and disgusted every day by how it turns out. I can't even understand how some people don't get that real problems are more important than bootlegs. It's just beyond me. It should be a hobby, something you do on the side, not a business or a fanatic cult. Fuck that shit.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 07:49:58 AM by Will » Logged

jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2005, 08:37:35 AM »

People fuckin die everyday in floodings, terrorist attacks, earthquakes or whatever, people lose their job everyday. Some people actually have real problems, and all we care about is if someone has whatever bootleg others don't?

People in the trading community get disappointed and disgusted every day by how it turns out. I can't even understand how some people don't get that real problems are more important than bootlegs. It's just beyond me. It should be a hobby, something you do on the side, not a business or a fanatic cult. Fuck that shit.

I'll never understand why people bring these kinds of things up.? What does world tragedies have to do with any of this stuff?? Why does it have to be brought up in these threads.? We know there are more important things in life but we are here to discuss bootlegs in this thread (although it did get off track of the main subject).? There are other sections to discuss the rest of the world isn't there?

And this isn't a dig at you Will, I just have seen alot of this lately and I don't understand!
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2005, 09:03:50 AM »

That's not my point. My point is that there are more important things in life (not necessarily world tragedies, but losing a job, a relative, etc.) and that people shouldn't fight about bootlegs online IMHO. And come on, I don't see a discussion here, I see just a remake of the same old threads we've been through over the years about who does what, why, when and oh the humanity why don't we have everything available and you won't get it because that's the only way to get rare stuff, etc.

I guess you missed my main point because I talked about global tragedies. Yes, they are more important than bootlegs, even if we're just here to "discuss" about them, and sadly a lot of people don't realize that, that's all. I was angry when I read this thread because it seems all I see in "trading" threads these past few weeks is this kind of crap. Maybe I did use a bad analogy, and maybe some people don't want to reckon bootlegs are not worth cyberfights but it still makes me angry when I see this kind of threads. If people want to fight - "discuss" - about it, so be it, I just don't think it brings anything good.

jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2005, 09:57:33 AM »

No I got your main point.? You are tired of people fighting about who has what, why they won't let anyone else have it, and hey look what I got that you can't have because it's rare or because someone gave it to me and told me not to give it out.? But still losing relatives, jobs, world tragedies or whatever has nothing to do with any of this.? No need to bring it up is what I was saying.? This forum and others is about an hour or two out of my day away from all that stuff.

Not everyone is going to agree with everyone and sometimes words will be exchanged but that also is not a life ending situation.? Just as not having certain bootlegs is not a life ending situation.

But I agree a happy community is a healthy one and vice versa!
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2005, 10:16:27 AM »

This forum and others is about an hour or two out of my day away from all that stuff.

Exactly, and that's why I don't like to see cyberfights when I login. Because I have enough real fights in my real life. And I personnally don't need that shit online.

We don't have the same point of view about all this but I think in the end we all want (most of us) the same thing and that's what counts. Smiley And hopefully we can get there someday.

jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2005, 10:35:10 AM »

We don't have the same point of view about all this

It's only slightly different.   peace
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: