Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:27:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  GN'R Trading World rants [Re: The VMA Rehersals]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R Trading World rants [Re: The VMA Rehersals]  (Read 18485 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2005, 11:57:34 AM »

i agree, dont know why people have to make you buy bootlegs when they could just put em on the net for everyone to have a fun filled GNR fest.

html sucks
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2005, 04:09:02 PM »

I can see both sides of the argument here. It would piss me off if I uploaded something and no one said thanks. But at the same time, I don't think it's fair that people should have to send money to other people for shows. What did they do to deserve my money? And I can't offer a trade, because I don't have any particularly rare GNR stuff. So the only way to get started is to pay people who haven't earned it for the same songs I can listen to any day of the week on my GNR albums, only live and therefore worse quality sound.

I think people should stop giving Briggs a hard time, but I think the way the "trading" system works is unfair on people who are considered by die-hard fans to be merely casual fans who dont really give a damn about GNR, when infact being a fan is about how much you enjoy the music and support the band, not how many burnt DVDs you've bought from some guy in South America.

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2005, 10:13:17 PM »

^thanks man

also, i didnt mean for this shit to get out of hand, i guess with the "hot-head" of mine i take shit further than needed, as well as you guys did too. It is stupid to argue about all this shit, just peeps get pissed off, and at points need to get anger out. In this case, both sides got pissed off for supid reasons and it got out of hand. I appologive to the forum and to anyone i offended, i am relitively new to this forum, so i do not know many of the members let alone who has what here yet...I wrongly accused some of you for not "sharing" or having any rare shit, and i appologize for that

not to get shit started again, but i actually have gotten quite a bit of rare shit from trading the shit i have, and am actually working on a trade to get something very rare. Although this time, and for the first time, i might be using the postal service.

Also, these are the 9 unsurfaced shows, and the only ones I still need. And by unsurfaced I mean all shows that were recorded and going by what gnrontour states as what was recorded.

08.23.86 - Whisky A Go Go, West Hollywood, CA
05.27.88 - Olympic Saddledome, Calgary, Canada
12.10.92 - Estacionamento Do Anhenbi, Sao Paulo, Brazil
12.12.92 - Estacionamento Do Anhenbi, Sao Paulo, Brazil
12.13.92 - Autodromo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
01.31.93 - Palace Club, Melbourne, Australia
03.26.93 - Saskatchewan Place, Saskatoon, Canada
04.13.93 - The Palace Of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI
04.15.93 - Roanoke Civic Center, Roanoke, VA

I have never seen any of these shows in ANY format...

Oddly enough though, even with just mp3's i actually might be getting 1 or 2 of those shows...

Like i said though, i am not trying to start shit again by saying ooo i have this and only lack this or i am gonna get this, i am just saying that is what i am able to do with what i have, so i do not feel the need to have lossless files.

btw, all of my discussion is about audio, like i have said before, i haven't gotten into dvd trading much yet...

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2005, 08:32:20 AM »

no probs Briggsy just give me a free show and we'll call it even  hihi

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2005, 04:17:34 PM »

i would, but since the shit is mp3 its not worthy of uploading or trading... Tongue

try checking out the gnrstrip, i am currently uploading all the 2002 shows there, other than that i dont upload shit anymore...

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2005, 07:54:06 AM »

i would, but since the shit is mp3 its not worthy of uploading or trading... Tongue

try checking out the gnrstrip, i am currently uploading all the 2002 shows there, other than that i dont upload shit anymore...

if uyou upload / download you're cool.
we're in 2005 my connection goes faster than air mail
i can download 2 dvds in 10 hours and burn them in 10 minutes
thats not even the time i would need to close the envelope and go to the post office.

people like pandora or whatever, that are still interested in trading are missing the whole thing.

when you trade you are giving something to one person. trading is the most egostical action in music's fans world. next step to trading is selling.

when you share, you're giving to a lot of people, and pleasing them.

i respect people but i hate traders.
im letting my computer on seeding dvds on Torrent, so people AROUND the fuckin worl, that i dont even know cna get the shows.
that's it.
do that. you're cool.

don't get in the trading mentality. i wish that axl could kicks every traders ass or rant about them. they suck.

SHARE.

Reeve
Opening Act

Where's Izzy?.

« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2005, 08:04:07 AM »

people like pandora or whatever, that are still interested in trading are missing the whole thing.

Don't mess with pandora or whatever here, you narrowminded are missing your whole brain genious.

don't get in the trading mentality. i wish that axl could kicks every traders ass or rant about them. they suck.

Yeah man that's called respect!.

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2005, 08:16:34 AM »

Don't mess with pandora or whatever here, you narrowminded are missing your whole brain genious.

Yeah man that's called respect!.

you can respect people even you don't like some stuff they do.
thx, have a nice day Wink

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2005, 08:53:14 AM »

if uyou upload / download you're cool.
we're in 2005 my connection goes faster than air mail
i can download 2 dvds in 10 hours and burn them in 10 minutes
thats not even the time i would need to close the envelope and go to the post office.

when you trade you are giving something to one person. trading is the most egostical action in music's fans world. next step to trading is selling.

when you share, you're giving to a lot of people, and pleasing them.

im letting my computer on seeding dvds on Torrent, so people AROUND the fuckin worl, that i dont even know cna get the shows.
that's it.
do that. you're cool.

SHARE.

How are we suppose to get the stuff to torrent if we dont trade? Thats right YOU CANT! In order for us to share what we have, we have to trade to get the stuff that hasnt been torrented so we can share it. Not all traders suck you know  ok
Jarl
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2005, 10:23:06 AM »

You need to trade because some don't want to share. not the other way around.

Johan

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2005, 07:45:14 PM »

You chose the wrong target, because I hardly ever trade by snail mail. I appreciate your obsession with me. No really, I'm quite flattered, but I'm sure you could find something more productive to do with your time  ok

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2005, 04:53:51 AM »

You chose the wrong target, because I hardly ever trade by snail mail. I appreciate your obsession with me. No really, I'm quite flattered, but I'm sure you could find something more productive to do with your time  ok

that's why i said "or whatever .." cause i wasnt sure who did what in this thread. and i dunno i guess i mis-read the post you did about "expecting nice quality, and tools to find out if what you get is good ...."  ?_____?

anyway
traders suck.
if they shared. they'll get everything too.
traders are, i'm sure, the older gnr fans that still live in the early 90s ....

i mean, come on, if games/movies/software hackers were traders we'be paying our windows and playing doom 1.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2005, 08:49:28 AM »

and i dunno i guess i mis-read the post you did about "expecting nice quality, and tools to find out if what you get is good ...."  ?_____?

Expecting quality doesn't mean you trade in big quantities. You know, the eternal debate "quantity vs quality"  Tongue
Also, tools such as EAC are not only useful for traders, but also for checking if what you download is lossless. Believe me, not all the torrents you see, even on reputable trackers, are lossless, even if they're posturing as such.

And if you think sharing is so great, I'd like you to give me a list of GN'R torrents you have seeded recently, on DIME or other trackers. My memory must be failing me, because I can't think of any. Until then you have no business bashing traders.

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2005, 09:16:58 AM »

and i dunno i guess i mis-read the post you did about "expecting nice quality, and tools to find out if what you get is good ...."  ?_____?

Expecting quality doesn't mean you trade in big quantities. You know, the eternal debate "quantity vs quality"  Tongue
Also, tools such as EAC are not only useful for traders, but also for checking if what you download is lossless. Believe me, not all the torrents you see, even on reputable trackers, are lossless, even if they're posturing as such.

And if you think sharing is so great, I'd like you to give me a list of GN'R torrents you have seeded recently, on DIME or other trackers. My memory must be failing me, because I can't think of any. Until then you have no business bashing traders.

well you picked the wrong guy to talk about seeding, cause i've been seeding at least 5 dvds lately, and i have a laptop (!) computer that i still keep turned on to seed ....

so thx a lot gurl. buh bye.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2005, 10:44:13 AM »

well you picked the wrong guy to talk about seeding, cause i've been seeding at least 5 dvds lately, and i have a laptop (!) computer that i still keep turned on to seed ....

She means what shows have you uploaded (torrented) for everyone else, not what shows have you downloaded then continued to seed afterwards.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2005, 12:10:21 PM »

She means what shows have you uploaded (torrented) for everyone else, not what shows have you downloaded then continued to seed afterwards.

becausethat's thinking like tarders do
giving is thought more important than sharing

well im sorry, the person that share games, and put them on servers or stay seeders are as important.
yeah coo, you put a show on torrent, but people can download fast because people seed. easy.

but hey. let's not fight.
just share Smiley

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2005, 01:48:22 PM »

Exactly. And you have shared none. I can see how great the sharing system is if you can take from others and just let your computer run afterwards. How great !   Cheesy

And where do you think those people who share got the shows from? They pulled them out of their ass? Or maybe the bootlegs fell from tke sky?

You're quite the dumbass, and as usual you have no arguments.

Jarl
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2005, 01:57:08 PM »

Got a tree for that.
Water it every day.
Pin pictures on it from GnR.
And in time it grows cd's of GnR.
If you take care of it real good it even grows dvds.? rofl
I'm selling seed of it on Ebay.  Lips Sealed

Johan

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2005, 02:25:40 PM »

anyway traders suck.

No offense, but without traders, you wouldn't get half of the DVDs you're getting right now. I uploaded about 200 Gigs, on DIME alone. And that's audio and video. Saying traders suck is not right. Saying some traders suck because of their "I'm better than you" attitude would be better, but you didn't make the difference. Most traders are cool.

traders are, i'm sure, the older gnr fans that still live in the early 90s ....

Wrong. Yes, I've been trading for more than a decade, but I'm only 24, and I don't live in the 90's. Check what I've done on DIME.

we'be paying our windows

Another debate, but you should be paying your version of Windows. You should pay for a computer with a built-in operating system. You know, "hacking" an OS or a video game is not cooler than trading a GN'R DVD. Wink I (we) would accept critics from another casual trader, but from a computer geek, about our geekiness...?? No! Grin

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2005, 03:54:16 PM »

you got me will Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: