Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:52:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Withdrawl wager thread.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Withdrawl wager thread.  (Read 6987 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2005, 11:02:12 PM »

Thanks.

There are thousands being slaughtered in Sudan in a government backed ethnic cleansing as I type this. Nobody even reports that here in our media. Not even a blink of the eye towards that.

See what I mean?

Why is that not worth stopping? Why aren't we sending out troops in to stop that? Surely their government would be no challenge to our military force. What about those people? Why is Iraq so much more important? And when are the lives of people at home (financially and physically) going to be more important than those abroad?

This is a rhetorical question of course, meant to make you think (before sandman and popmetal jump on that one).

We created a mess in Iraq that we can not control. If we leave now, or in ten years...it will still be a mess. How many more American lives are worth stubborn pride (an unwillingmess to admit being wrong) at this point? Isn't it time our leaders drop the rhetoric?

Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2005, 03:38:02 AM »

I don't even know how GW Bush can think of an exit plan with the Shiits and the Sunnits not getting along.

Don't even get started on that...half these guys wouldn't even know what you were talking about.

But don't you advocate withdrawal SLC?? Just curious.

No, I never advocated going in....
You have made that clear, and I think you were obviously correct in your position prior to the war.? However, circumstances have changed.? We are no longer debating whether the war was justified, but whether we should withdrawal.? Hence the "withdrawal wager thread."

I am curious as to your position, and others that opposed the war prior to the invasion.? Should we withdraw?? I know its a difficult question, but I am interested in your thoughts.

That's fucking easy to tell people that were against the war in the first place "move on, we're having a totaly different debate here ... are you for a withdrawal or not ?" ! They were not in charge, they were not listened to and now it's as if they are the ones to draw an exit plan.
It's easy for me to say that the troops can't withdraw right now that it will be a mess. I'm french, our troops are not engaged in there. And I have to say that what's happening right now w/ the sunnits and the shiits was actually very predictable.

The force ... the force ...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: