Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:27:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL - NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL - NEW ORLEANS SAINTS  (Read 3625 times)
Dry Heat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: September 01, 2005, 01:28:16 PM »

I was just reading an article about the upcoming NFL season.? Some of the ideas they are discussing are whether or not the Saints should play this year and where are they going to play.?

What do you think?? Do you think the local fans will support a team if they were to play at another location?? Should the Saints play?? If not, why shouldn't they play this season?

Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 01:31:41 PM »

id ship em to newfoundland.... and they could play here..... though the stadium would be made of snow during teh winter.....  Smiley

in all honesty.... does it really matter? if teh owners want to play... then they had better find some other market willing to play host for them.... if not.... then no worries... the fans will return.... bust as the time line looks like  it will be months b4 the city is back on its feet

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 03:36:17 PM »

Last I heard they were going to play their home games in San Antonio.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 06:25:26 PM »

Their owner is talking about moving them to San Antonio permanently.

Talk about hitting someone while they're down.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 07:38:48 AM »

I heard they might just play all their games on the road, which has never been done by any sports team in history. They cant just cancel their games. It would ruin the entire NFL schedule. If something cant be planned out, and the Saints were unable to play their games, the NFL would have to cancel the entire season.

Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 06:27:05 PM »

Playing whole seasons on the road has been done by pro teams before, but not in any major leagues.  They won't cancel the Saints' games entirely.  There are plenty of places they could play if they had to.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Dry Heat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 02:16:59 PM »

Out here in Arizona, the Cardinals suck big time.? I don't think there are any admitted Cardinal fans in this area.? So it was intersting a few years ago when we had relatives come out from Minnesota for a visit.? They wanted to see the Vikings/Cardinals game so we went.? Almost everyone in the stands was wearing purple and yellow (and general Viking gear).

Maybe playing all the Saints games on the road or in a different area (like San Antonio) might generate a new fan base for the team.? It will be interesting to catch a few games on t.v. to see how well they do this year.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: