Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:05:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227770 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Re-recorded AFD?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re-recorded AFD?  (Read 17009 times)
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2005, 05:30:18 PM »

Axl or maybe even Sanctuary could at least release the AFD songs on the internet for the fans. Oh yeah. Axl hates the internet...even though he probably uses the internet everyday. But the nu band has no identity, and releasing them might help. Axl may even be able to market a couple? Cheesy
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2005, 05:58:52 PM »

Axl's such an ass. What is he implying, that the AFD recorded with the old guns was below quality?

Dude, he was saying that the old band needed to learn the parts and be able to play them at quality.  It's easy to look at some tab and play the songs resonably well, but the performance required to lay it down in a recording is much harder to achieve (if you want it to sound good).  Try not interpreting everything Axl says as a bash on the band.  And btw, AFD was recorded below quality.  Compare the sound to that of most albums out these days, it's fairly low-fi (in terms of technology quality, not performance quality).

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2005, 05:59:05 PM »

they took out you're crazy and anything goes
and put in ycmb and patience

NOooo no why that song its a class song? rant

Axl said he hated singing the song live.

And since they re-recorded AFD in order for the new members to learn songs for live performances, there was no point in including it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2005, 09:59:32 PM »

I love Anything Goes.. that would be a cool update...

Not to be released...? no? O well... maybe someday.. in some box set about GN'R

slash and duff would never let that album come out

Why should they unless they were paid royalties on it?? And how do you know what songs were taken and what they were replaced by?? You ARE Axl Rose, aren't you?

Its really sad that you dont know your gnr history, it always show how little you know about this band. Axl said what songs wre taken out and what songs were replaced. Also even if he did not, its common sense since they never played anything goes or you're crazy on tour but did patience and YCBM. Your failed attempt at being witty once again makes? you look like an ass.

Loder: You re-recorded "Appetite For Destruction?"

Rose: Yes, I have.

Loder: The whole album?

Rose: Yes.

Loder: Whoa.

Rose: Well, with the exception of two songs, because we replaced those with "You Could Be Mine," and "Patience," and why do that? Well, we had to rehearse them anyway to be able to perform them live again, and there were a lot of recording techniques and certain subtle styles and drum fills and things like that that are kind of '80s signatures that subtly could use a little sprucing up... a little less reverb and a little less double bass and things like that.

Why dont you know your gnr history?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 10:02:13 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2005, 11:10:47 PM »

Dude, he was saying that the old band needed to learn the parts and be able to play them at quality.  It's easy to look at some tab and play the songs resonably well, but the performance required to lay it down in a recording is much harder to achieve (if you want it to sound good).  Try not interpreting everything Axl says as a bash on the band.  And btw, AFD was recorded below quality.  Compare the sound to that of most albums out these days, it's fairly low-fi (in terms of technology quality, not performance quality).

All i'm saying is AFD shouldn't be touched. I rather have the original  than some 'spruced up' version.
P.S: Dave, that coma version is ultra-cool. Thx!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 11:12:26 PM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2005, 04:52:36 AM »

[they never played anything goes or you're crazy on tour but did patience and YCBM.

Gn'R played Your Crazy alot live................

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2005, 07:12:57 AM »

[they never played anything goes or you're crazy on tour but did patience and YCBM.

Not the new line up. Which is the band Axl was talking about in that interview.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2005, 08:14:16 AM »

Not the new line up. Which is the band Axl was talking about in that interview.

/jarmo

Ahhh.... I compleatly understand now...

Haha - a bit slow.. its late.

Nah - thats stupid.  New gnr is called NEW gnr for a REASON.....  Axl is just trying to steal some of his prime back from the 80s and early 90s.... it isnt gonna happen.

But thats just me!

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: