Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:16:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227817 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Kayne video saying he does not care about black people.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kayne video saying he does not care about black people.  (Read 25788 times)
Surfrider
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2005, 11:01:17 PM »

Kanye is a fucking idiot.  He is on a telethon to try and get money for the victims.  Many of the people that he is trying to appeal to are rich white Republicans that voted for Bush.  Not to smart to alienate one of the key groups that send money to such efforts.

The US had slavery, there were black codes, and there was racism in in the mid twentieth century.  No one denies this.  However, just because these things happened doesn't mean America is still a racist nation, and certainly doesn't mean that Bush is racist.  Such arguments are just plain stupid.  In fact, one of the biggest people that dropped the bomb on this whole thing was the mayor, who is black.  Was he racist also.  Bush deserves to be a punching bag on many things, and the federal governments response was certainly not what it should have been, but was it because Bush was racist?  No.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2005, 11:50:20 PM »

Incompetent does not equal racist.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2005, 12:12:46 AM »

absolutely

Bush does seem to be a slow reactor, must be burnt out from the drugs he took or something.

and Journey what did u want them to do?

National Guard or Marines or whatever the Superdome was the only place for those people to go, there was no other option at that time.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2005, 03:51:17 AM »

absolutely

Bush does seem to be a slow reactor, must be burnt out from the drugs he took or something.

The reaction time was still inexcusable in my book
POPmetal
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2005, 04:45:25 AM »

Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Under law Bush can't sent the national guard unless the governor of the state requests it. He would have had to declare martial law in order to do it, and the same people who are now criticizing him for not acting fast enough would have been up in arms that he's abusing power and being a "fascist."
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 04:49:11 AM by POPmetal » Logged
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2005, 07:02:48 AM »

i still think it's cool that people can go off script. and that he did.

i think it's outrageous that nbc released a statement saying " that he went off script blah blah ..."
sad that everything is that fake. can't they just let the people talk.

noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2005, 07:17:31 AM »

"The reaction time was still inexcusable in my book"
Agreed...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2005, 10:54:03 AM »

Canadian..... Grin
ie Mike Myers.

That's "canuck".
SLCPUNK
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2005, 01:05:18 PM »

Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Under law Bush can't sent the national guard unless the governor of the state requests it. He would have had to declare martial law in order to do it, and the same people who are now criticizing him for not acting fast enough would have been up in arms that he's abusing power and being a "fascist."

Nobody said the F word.

You are using the S word though....strawman.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2005, 01:06:03 PM »

Canadian..... Grin
ie Mike Myers.

That's "canuck".

now I know....

Learn that in med school too? hihi
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2005, 01:56:07 PM »

Kayne looks like a fool here.
Kayne. rofl
Kayne isn't too far off in his statement.
I don't really have problem with what Kayne said .

"Now all I need is for y'all to pronounce my name, it's 'Kanye', but some of my plaques they still say 'Kayne'"

Here's the full video if anyone is interested in checking it out:

http://media.skoopy.com/vids/vid_00747.wmv

I think the full speech is much more interesting to watch than just his "George Bush doesn't care about black people" line, especially coming from Kanye who is expected to be cocky/arrogant, because he seems really shook-up and emotional about what he's saying.... You also get to see more of Myers reactions.  hihi
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2005, 02:24:14 PM »

Kayne isn't too far off in his statement.

"Now all I need is for y'all to pronounce my name, it's 'Kanye', but some of my plaques they still say 'Kayne'"

Here's the full video if anyone is interested in checking it out:

http://media.skoopy.com/vids/vid_00747.wmv

I think the full speech is much more interesting to watch than just his "George Bush doesn't care about black people" line, especially coming from Kanye who is expected to be cocky/arrogant, because he seems really shook-up and emotional about what he's saying.... You also get to see more of Myers reactions.? hihi

I probably would've spelled his name correctly if I had known who he was. Kanye is a rare name anyway.

It bugs me that he referred to himself and the black hurricane victims as "us". He didn't have to edure what they went through. He just wanted to turn it into an "us and them" situation. If he doesn't like white presidents, then he needs to vote in the next election.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 02:28:34 PM by journey » Logged
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2005, 03:13:37 PM »

I probably would've spelled his name correctly if I had known who he was. Kanye is a rare name anyway.

It bugs me that he referred to himself and the black hurricane victims as "us". He didn't have to edure what they went through. He just wanted to turn it into an "us and them" situation. If he doesn't like white presidents, then he needs to vote in the next election.

LOL, I just found it funny that he wrote a lyric about people misspelling his name Kayne and a bunch of people here did it, I wasn't trying to criticize.

He wasn't trying to group himself into the situation like he's a hurricane victim, he was making a point about the treatment of poor & black people in the country.  He has obviously had a harder life based purely on the colour of his skin and both his parents and his grandparents have participated in demonstrations (which have gotten them arrested) to prove a point about the inequalities between blacks & whites.  I don't really see a problem with him using the response to the hurricane as a way for him to express his opinion on the treatment of his people.

We can't be sure if Kanye voted in the last election or not, but either way there was still enough stupid Americans to re-elect Bush, so it's no suprise people are complaining.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2005, 03:59:53 PM »

Kanye West Does not care about black people

If he did he would be in New Orleans helping out instead of out there promoting his new CD.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2005, 05:09:58 PM »

Same could be said for Jackson and friends.

They knew the hurricane was coming. Why didn't they have buses down there to evacuate the blacks who were not able to leave beforehand?

He could have been more pro-active too, instead of being a Monday night q-back.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2005, 07:26:36 PM »

Oprah waited until she came back from vacation to do anything.  So add her to the list. 
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2005, 08:00:39 PM »

Ah, what a country you guys live in where you look for celebrities to come rescue people instead of the government!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2005, 08:49:48 PM »

No Eazy u are misunderstaning

Celebrities dont have to do shit BUT when they are criticizing the ones who are helping while they sit on their asses not helping its hypocritical and ignorant of them to bash anyone's efforts.

If u dont like how things are being done, Go down and help, thats my message to celebs, political leaders, reverends whatever.

Dont sit on your soap box and bitch about it, go there and make a difference.

Kanye can run his mouth about Bush not caring about blacks but where is he? sabotaging a fund raiser to get across his own policital agenda

that will really help the black people Roll Eyes

Sterlingdog
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2005, 09:04:02 PM »

I don't really think Kanye sabatoged the fundraiser at all.  If anything, he got people to talk about it.  They might not have otherwise, because as telethons go, it was pretty lame.

As far as sitting on a soap box and bitching, well, its our right and our duty as Americans to be critical of our government, to question them and attempt to keep them honest.  I don't fault celebrities for complaining anymore than I fault myself.  They may have more money to give, but if they don't physically want to go down there and endanger themselves, they don't have to.  You may not like what Kanye said, but he had the right to say it.  There are alot of people who share his opinion and it's worth discussing.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2005, 09:36:53 PM »

Well in the longer video I just posted, Kanye says this:

"Even for me to complain, I would be a hypocrite.... I've even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I'm calling my business manager to see what is the biggest amount I can give, and to imagine if I was down there, those are my people down there..."

So Kanye is donating as much as he can and calling out for others to do the same, he can go right ahead and criticize the rescue effort as far as I'm concerned.  I wouldn't expect him to stop living his life (i.e. promoting his new CD) to go down there and save people, just like I wouldn't expect you guys to quite your jobs to go help.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: