Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:38:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Kayne video saying he does not care about black people.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kayne video saying he does not care about black people.  (Read 25784 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2005, 04:17:06 PM »

Sean Penn Kicks fucking ass!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2005, 06:24:56 PM »

Took a real man to get in that nasty water and help people when he could have sat home safe in San Fran..... beer
Sterlingdog
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2005, 11:24:28 PM »

Powell slams hurricane response

Friday, September 9, 2005; Posted: 11:06 p.m. EDT (03:06 GMT)

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- Colin Powell, the former secretary of state seen as a potential leader for Hurricane Katrina recovery efforts, has joined the chorus of Americans criticising the disaster response at all levels of government.

"There have been a lot of failures at a lot of levels -- local, state and federal," Powell said in an ABC interview for the "20/20" program to be broadcast on Friday evening.

Political figures from both major parties have assailed the slow response to the hurricane's assault last week on the Gulf Coast, which devastated New Orleans and killed hundreds, possibly thousands, in the region.

"There was more than enough warning over time about the dangers to New Orleans. Not enough was done. I don't think advantage was taken of the time that was available to us, and I just don't know why," Powell said in excerpts on ABC's Web site.

He said he did not think that race was a factor in the slow response, but that many of those unable to leave New Orleans in time were trapped by poverty which disproportionately affects blacks.

Powell was the highest-ranking black official during President George W. Bush's first term and chairman of the military Joint Chiefs of Staff during the 1991 Gulf War. He is among various names mentioned in Washington as a potential "hurricane czar" to take over the long-term recovery effort.

Two Republican senators on Thursday proposed that such a job be created. White House officials have not ruled out the option, saying it is among several being discussed.

Some black leaders, including Democrats in Congress, have charged that racism contributed to the misery of New Orleans' predominantly black storm victims.

"I don't think it's racism, I think it's economic," Powell said. "But poverty disproportionately affects African-Americans in this country. And it happened because they were poor."

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2005, 12:45:47 AM »

Powell is right on the money. It is an economic issue, not purely based on race. A lot of poor white people did not get help from the government quickly either. Kayne has no clue. Should we really take seriously what a rapper has to say? Yes the Bush administration must be held accountable for the slow response time. But it isn`t about racism, its about beurocracy choking the relief effort. The Canadiens got to New Orleans before the US National Guard. Let`s play the blame game later after the job is done, but seriously we did drop the ball on this one, imagine if we got hit with another terrorist attack!!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2005, 01:19:57 AM »

Lets be honest, if this shit happened in Coral Gables...how do you think it would have been handled?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2005, 01:25:20 AM »

Kanye West got the fuck booed out of him at the NFL game in New England. was hilarious!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2005, 01:35:38 AM »

Lets be honest, if this shit happened in Coral Gables...how do you think it would have been handled?

They`d be right on the job in a matter of hours. More rich people here. Makes me feel better living in Florida ( unfortunately) FEMA was here within 4 hours of Hurricane Francis & Jeanne. Fucked us up pretty bad on east central FL. 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2005, 02:55:20 AM »

They`d be right on the job in a matter of hours. More rich people here. Makes me feel better living in Florida ( unfortunately) FEMA was here within 4 hours of Hurricane Francis & Jeanne. Fucked us up pretty bad on east central FL. 

Damn skippy.....
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2005, 03:09:02 AM »

Ah fuck that asswipe Kayne West, no one cares about Black People? Well there wasn't only black people that got attacked by Katrina.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2005, 11:43:44 PM »

More than a week after his emotional off-script statement at a September 2 Hurricane Katrina telethon ? comments capped by the declaration "George Bush doesn't care about black people" ? Kanye West explained the move on Saturday night. "I wasn't trying to particularly dis anybody like that," he said during a taping of MTV2's $2 Bill Concert Series.

West, who characterized the last two weeks as "crazy," told the audience assembled at Hollywood's Henry Ford Theatre that he wasn't interested in reading the scripted words that scrolled across the teleprompter during NBC's "A Concert for Hurricane Relief" telethon, and instead spoke from the heart (see "Jay-Z, Diddy, Others Reach Out To Disaster Victims; Kanye West Attacks Bush During Telethon"). West added that he remains undaunted by any subsequent public backlash that followed in the wake of his remarks, and said he stands by his critique.

"People are like, 'Yo, aren't you scared that something's going to happen to you?' I was like, 'I can think of a lot worse things that could happen to me, like how about not eating for five days? Or how about not knowing where my f---ing family is?' Everybody's always concerned about theyself."

West expressed that Americans largely close their eyes to the problem of poverty, including politicians.

"I just feel like America's always been pushing the [impoverished] under the counter, trying to act like it's not really there," he said. "And what happens if you're cleaning the kitchen and you're always dusting something under the counter? If you spill something, it's going come up and be in your f---ing face."

West urged the audience to get more involved in the ongoing relief efforts that are now underway in the region devastated by Hurricane Katrina.

"I can't even imagine being in that situation," the rapper said. "It's horrible, and we just need to come together [to] do what we can."

In addition, West said that last week's news that his latest release, Late Registration, sold more than 860,000 copies to debut as Billboard's #1 selling album (see "Kanye West's Late Registration Tops Albums Chart ? By A Mile"), was something of a "bittersweet" achievement, considering current events.

The concert, which also featured guests including Paul Wall and Common (see "Common's Making His Own Mini-Movie For 'Testify' "), will air Sunday at 10 p.m. ET/PT on MTV2.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2005, 01:27:45 PM »

West is a moron....I think we all agree.  His statements are false and his timing is bad...and worst of all...his music absolutely sucks!

I work for Orange County, Florida.  I can tell you from first hand experience that it is the responsible of the local and state government to put together and execute disaster response plans.  Now those plans will undoubtedly include coordination with the federal goverment (ours does), but the responsibity for the slow reaction and the very poor planning in the gulf coast region falls on the local and state officials.  The federal goverment was definately slow to react, but the majority of the blame lies with the state's inability to execute their disaster response plan.  Why didn't they execute the plan well?  There are alot of reason I'm sure.  The biggest of which was the absolute magnitude of destruction involved here.   

Does Bush hate blacks...no.  Could the feds have been quicker to respond...yes.   Does anyone think the slow reaction is the fault of one man?  If so, you are being partisan for sure.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2005, 01:32:48 PM »

It is not all Bush's fault but just like in sports if the team is doind bad then the manager gets the heat or fired.  Bush is the manager in this situationand his team is messing up.  Fair?  Maybe not but it is reality.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2005, 03:31:53 PM »

It is not all Bush's fault but just like in sports if the team is doind bad then the manager gets the heat or fired.? Bush is the manager in this situationand his team is messing up.? Fair?? Maybe not but it is reality.

I think that your premise is fair, but I think your analogy is a little off.  In this case, Bush would be like the Commissioner of a sport and the governor of Louisiana would be the Manager of a team that sucks.  In that case, you are correct, the Manager would take the blame (even though he/she wouldn't be totally to blame) and the Commissioner would not.   Smiley
SLCPUNK
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2005, 03:56:21 PM »

It is snowing in hell right now...........

By LARA JAKES JORDAN, Associated Press Writer 56 minutes ago

WASHINGTON -
President Bush said Tuesday that "I take responsibility" for failures in dealing with Hurricane Katrina and said the disaster raised broader questions about the government's ability to respond to natural disasters as well as terror attacks.

"Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government," Bush said at joint White House news conference with the president of
Iraq.

"To the extent the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility," Bush said.

Yahoo.com
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2005, 04:05:22 PM »

Taking responsibility as any good leader should....... ok  :tongueincheek:
SLCPUNK
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2005, 08:12:25 PM »

LOL, he had to, to save his ass.

He has run out of people to blame, and even the Fox-Orwell machine can't spin him out of this one.

No matter how dumbed down the American people may be, death and tragedy with a slow reaction time, don't go over too well I'm afraid.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2005, 08:14:07 PM »

What's a canook?

Canadian..... Grin

ie Mike Myers.

its Cunuck  Roll Eyes

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2005, 08:17:21 PM »

yea yea yea, I already had some other Canadian tell me how to spell it.

I'm American, I can butcher words, and speak Engllish wherever I want....I don't give a rats azz!
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2005, 08:20:50 PM »

i didnt know americans knew english

burnt
nite
soda

etc.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2005, 10:46:53 AM »

The reality of the situation is that the  liberal propoganda machine is taking another tragedy and using it to blame George W. Bush.  Bush admits that FEMA was late getting there, but the Democrat Governor who is in charge of the National Guard failed to send the troops in.  The Democrat Mayor who failed to utilize and exhaust all rescources to get his citizens out is to blame.  Do the people of New Orleans deserve what they got? Absolutely not!  However, they were warned and chose not to evacuate the city in hopes they could ride it out.  The fact that rapes and lootings are occuring widespread over the area tells you somthing about the situation.  Rather than place the blame on the individual who had least to do with this, start the finger pointing at the bottom where it needs to be.  So many people were in danger because they refused to leave the area.  Those people were in greater danger because of violent criminals looting TVs (talk about priorities Kayne), raping and shooting one another.  Those people were allowed to exists in that condition because the Governor of Louisiana did not declare martial law and send in the national guard.  The guard could have forced citizens to leave their homes and evacuate the city on the buses the mayor did not utilize.  Unfortunately the Mayor and Governor didn't do their job, but every liberal piece of shit is placing the burdon of blame on Bush.
  This was a fucking tragedy; a natural disaster that no one was prepared for.  It amazed me how low some of you bastards will go to get a political edge.  Many of you claim Bush knew about 9/11 and allowed it to happen.  Now many of you claim that Bush's environmental policy caused the hurricane itself and Bush chose not to act because the people affected were poor, black or both.  Rather than blame an act of God (in the legal sense, take nothing more from that comment) on Bush, just help the fucking people in need.  However don't forget that these people had oppurtunity and fair warning and are not only victims of this hurricane but of their own stupidity.  I pray that these people make it through this ok, but for once can you liberal bastards not take the first oppurtunity you see to spin reality and blame it on the Republicans?  Just out of curiosity, what natural disaster or deadly event won't be the fault of the GOP, can you even fathom a situation?  I really believe that some of you are borderline retarded to believe some of this shit no
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: