Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:44:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  (non political) G W Bush : Stupid or Not ?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: (non political) G W Bush : Stupid or Not ?  (Read 11099 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« on: September 08, 2005, 06:21:15 AM »

WATCH
http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/media_player/play.jhtml?itemId=17845

WATCH - check 03;10
http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/media_player/play.jhtml?itemId=17879

If we put aside our political opinions, forget that you're a right wing conservtive and that you think like your 50 years old mother.

Bush supporters,...? do you agree that George is just NOT very smart when he talks ?

I dont know if it's his accent, his face, the way he talks, the words he chooses ... but i just can't take this guy seriously.

I respect that people can like his party and opinions, but do you see that he is dumb looking ?

That troubles me. That your leader is dumber than you.

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 06:27:28 AM by WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin » Logged

Sterlingdog
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 11:11:52 AM »

I don't like him, so I know people will assume I'm just biased.  But no, I don't think he's smart at all.  I think he got through school and the national guard and everything else he's done because of who his dad is.  People say he shows strong leadership and that's why people like him, but I don't get it.  I watch him on tv sometimes in complete amazement and think "He's just stupid!  How is this possible that this man got elected, twice?"

Now his face, he can't do anything about.  But he does smirk, all the time.  I was watching him talking to hurricane victimes and when he was attempting to show compassion, he still had that stupid smirk on his face. 
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 11:34:59 AM »

i know, im watching Daily Show a lot, i know they hate him and all.
but that george bush just does not sound smart. and he looks dumb too.

this is realy not about politics.

i can't see how people can take him as a leader while he looks so stupid and talks like a rednack.

watch the links i posted up on the 1st post, they're funny Smiley

SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 12:00:19 PM »

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 12:06:19 PM »

but that george bush just does not sound smart. and he looks dumb too.

If you judge a persons intelligence by that, then I guess he's stupid. I don't think he's all that stupid, but I also don't think he should be the president... What I mean is this: one shouldn't be able to justify a presidency just by saying "he's not as stupid as the media portrays him"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 12:08:00 PM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Surfrider
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 12:36:40 PM »

I tend to agree with Skeba.  Do I think he is stupid?  No.  All the people that say so are those that would have voted for Kerry.  I read that Bush has a higher IQ and did better at Yale than Kerry.  Stupid? No.  Inarticulate to the point where he hurts the nation? Yes.  I think the biggest failure of this administration is its inability to sell what it is doing to the people.  That falls directly on Bush's  inability to conduct a press conference or talk off the cuff.  He can't go out and convince others that what he is doing is right.  I'll bet that he is just as impotent when it comes to discussions with foreign leaders.  I think his numbers would be far higher if he could sell the nation on this war, or if he would conduct press conferences every week.

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 01:29:24 PM »

Hmmm, maybe not stupid. But definitely tactless.  Roll Eyes

Fuck 'Em All.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 01:44:06 PM »

but we are talking about a "leader" ....
the way he talks, the way he acts, the way he stands ... these are important things.
i cant understand how a country can accept someone who has no "charisma" like that ...

it's wierd.

ps: i am not talking about political opinions and views.

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 02:00:08 PM »

Bush is the antithesis of Clinton.  Clinton was one of the smartest and most eloquent presidents in recent years only to followed by perhaps the worst ever.  Bush might be a helluva guy to meet at the bar and have a beer and do some coke with, but president?  No way.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 04:36:04 PM »

I guess it depends on what you consider stupid.  I work with mentally retarded people, and Bush is smarter than them.  But I really don't think he's above average in intelligence.  I don't know if anyone knows what his IQ actually is.  My understanding was that the information circulated on the internet before was fake.   

I think people who support him are party line republicans who would say that any republican president was fantastic.  They don't want to acknowledge his shortcomings, they just love him because he's not a democrat. 
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 06:55:50 PM »

I don`t consider Bush stupid. He is not great with public speaking, thus the stupid tag. Also listening to bad intelligence on Iraq. Ok, that was not smart. I think each president we have ever had has their strengths and shortcomings. Therefore with the exception of a few, most of our presidents thru history could be called stupid. (Clinton-Lewinsky fiasco, Bush Sr. not going into Baghdad, Carter with the botched rescue of the Iran hostages, Nixon for lying, Ford for falling down all the time...the list goes on....)

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2005, 06:59:19 PM »

Also listening to bad intelligence on Iraq. Ok, that was not smart.

When hundreds of thousands of lives are on the line...you have to be better than "not smart".
Sterlingdog
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2005, 07:07:03 PM »

I don`t consider Bush stupid. He is not great with public speaking, thus the stupid tag. Also listening to bad intelligence on Iraq. Ok, that was not smart. I think each president we have ever had has their strengths and shortcomings. Therefore with the exception of a few, most of our presidents thru history could be called stupid. (Clinton-Lewinsky fiasco, Bush Sr. not going into Baghdad, Carter with the botched rescue of the Iran hostages, Nixon for lying, Ford for falling down all the time...the list goes on....)

Personally, I thought Bush Sr. was smart for not going into Iraq when he knew there was no good exit strategy. 
Surfrider
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005, 07:10:12 PM »

I don't know if anyone knows what his IQ actually is.? My understanding was that the information circulated on the internet before was fake.? ?
Actually, during the election I saw it on television on NBC.  Bush and Kerry took IQ tests when they entered the military.  Bush scored higher.  It wasn't just some internet rumor.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2005, 07:10:51 PM »

Personally, I thought Bush Sr. was smart for not going into Iraq when he knew there was no good exit strategy. 

He wrote in his book why (guess W didn't read that one).

He said he did not go in because we would be seen as occupiers, rather than liberators....imagine that.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2005, 07:30:34 PM »

Excerpt from the following article: http://www.csbsju.edu/uspp/Election/bush011401.htm

George W. Bush can be likable and charming. But, as the New York Times pondered in a front-page article on June 19, 2000, "is he smart enough to be president?"

Unlike John F. Kennedy, who obtained an IQ score of 119, or Al Gore, who achieved scores of 133 and 134 on intelligence tests taken at the beginning of his high school freshman and senior years, no IQ data are available for George W. Bush. But we do know that the young Bush registered a score of 1206 on the SAT, the most widely used test of college aptitude. (The more cerebral Al Gore obtained 1355.)

Statistically, Bush's test performance places him in the top 16 percent of prospective college students ? hardly the mark of a dimwit. Of course, the SAT is not designed as an IQ test. But it is highly correlated with general intelligence, to the tune of .80. In plain language, the SAT is two parts a measure of general intelligence and one part a measure of specific scholastic reasoning skills and abilities.

If Bush could score in the top 16 percent of college applicants on the SAT, he would almost certainly rank higher on tests of general intelligence, which are normed with reference to the general population. But even if his rank remained constant at the 84th-percentile level of his SAT score, it would translate to an IQ score of 115.

It's tempting to employ Al Gore's IQ:SAT ratio of 134:1355 as a formula for estimating Bush's probable intelligence quotient ? an exercise in fuzzy statistics that predicts a score of 119. If the number sounds familiar, it's precisely the IQ score attributed to Kennedy, whom Princeton political scientist Fred Greenstein, in "The Presidential Difference," commended as "a quick study, whose wit was an indication of a subtle mind."

I find this disappointing.  My IQ is significantly higher than any of these people.  Why the hell didn't I go Harvard instead of SFSU??? Oh yeah... because my parents had no money.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2005, 08:13:38 PM »

Best post tonight, thanks.
POPmetal
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2005, 08:19:16 PM »

Excerpt from the following article: http://www.csbsju.edu/uspp/Election/bush011401.htm

George W. Bush can be likable and charming. But, as the New York Times pondered in a front-page article on June 19, 2000, "is he smart enough to be president?"

Unlike John F. Kennedy, who obtained an IQ score of 119, or Al Gore, who achieved scores of 133 and 134 on intelligence tests taken at the beginning of his high school freshman and senior years, no IQ data are available for George W. Bush. But we do know that the young Bush registered a score of 1206 on the SAT, the most widely used test of college aptitude. (The more cerebral Al Gore obtained 1355.)

Statistically, Bush's test performance places him in the top 16 percent of prospective college students ? hardly the mark of a dimwit. Of course, the SAT is not designed as an IQ test. But it is highly correlated with general intelligence, to the tune of .80. In plain language, the SAT is two parts a measure of general intelligence and one part a measure of specific scholastic reasoning skills and abilities.

If Bush could score in the top 16 percent of college applicants on the SAT, he would almost certainly rank higher on tests of general intelligence, which are normed with reference to the general population. But even if his rank remained constant at the 84th-percentile level of his SAT score, it would translate to an IQ score of 115.

It's tempting to employ Al Gore's IQ:SAT ratio of 134:1355 as a formula for estimating Bush's probable intelligence quotient ? an exercise in fuzzy statistics that predicts a score of 119. If the number sounds familiar, it's precisely the IQ score attributed to Kennedy, whom Princeton political scientist Fred Greenstein, in "The Presidential Difference," commended as "a quick study, whose wit was an indication of a subtle mind."

I find this disappointing.? My IQ is significantly higher than any of these people.? Why the hell didn't I go Harvard instead of SFSU??? Oh yeah... because my parents had no money.

Lots of poor people go to Harvard. If you're that smart, you should have heard about scholarships and/or loans. That said, you probably got a better education at SFSU because they don't inflate your grades just so all their grads can have a good GPA.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2005, 08:26:41 PM »

Lots of poor people go to Harvard. If you're that smart, you should have heard about scholarships and/or loans. That said, you probably got a better education at SFSU because they don't inflate your grades just so all their grads can have a good GPA.

I heard about scholarships and loans.  I was denied financial aid because my middle class parents (dad was a cop, mom stayed at home) made too much money.  And my grades were good, but I didn't do extra activities (too shy).  They don't give scholarships for high IQ's.  But thanks for saying I probably got a better education at SF.  That makes me feel better.  But if you ever want to meet true liberals...that's the place to go.  I could start a whole other thread on the wacky stuff they teach there...the "variations in human sexuality" class is pretty interesting. 
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2005, 04:51:04 AM »

Georges W Bush is not a good President. There are better persons to lead a country as important as the USA.
I still think Bill Clinton was one of the best American President ever. Very smart, very talented, not arrogant like W. I also like John Kerry (even if he lacks a little bit of charisma/presence/persuasion) but he has good ideas.

I think the US should come back to the fundamentals: take care of your own citizens now, make a more intern policy, developp the public social services, especially for the poor, what is done in Europe should be a good inspiration for you. You can't be the most powerfull country in the world and stay with 35 million very poor people... something is wrong.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 04:52:38 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: