Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:21:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  (non political) G W Bush : Stupid or Not ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: (non political) G W Bush : Stupid or Not ?  (Read 11100 times)
POPmetal
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2005, 04:59:26 AM »

Georges W Bush is not a good President. There are better persons to lead a country as important as the USA.
I still think Bill Clinton was one of the best American President ever. Very smart, very talented, not arrogant like W. I also like John Kerry (even if he lacks a little bit of charisma/presence/persuasion) but he has good ideas.

I think the US should come back to the fundamentals: take care of your own citizens now, make a more intern policy, developp the public social services, especially for the poor, what is done in Europe should be a good inspiration for you. You can't be the most powerfull country in the world and stay with 35 million very poor people... something is wrong.

As an immigrant, I can tell you that most people outside West Europe and US/Canada would kill to be "poor" Americans. Have you noticed how fat many of those supposedly poor people are?  hihi

And why should the US take inspiration from Europe when Europe's economic growth is pretty much stagnant?
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2005, 05:05:49 AM »

Georges W Bush is not a good President. There are better persons to lead a country as important as the USA.
I still think Bill Clinton was one of the best American President ever. Very smart, very talented, not arrogant like W. I also like John Kerry (even if he lacks a little bit of charisma/presence/persuasion) but he has good ideas.

I think the US should come back to the fundamentals: take care of your own citizens now, make a more intern policy, developp the public social services, especially for the poor, what is done in Europe should be a good inspiration for you. You can't be the most powerfull country in the world and stay with 35 million very poor people... something is wrong.

As an immigrant, I can tell you that most people outside West Europe and US/Canada would kill to be "poor" Americans. Have you noticed how fat many of those supposedly poor people are?? hihi

And why should the US take inspiration from Europe when Europe's economic growth is pretty much stagnant?

I don't think so ... a poor in my country gets at least 400 euros a month and when he's sick he can go see a doc for free ! Nobody's is denied medical care because they are poor !  Tongue

The force ... the force ...
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2005, 05:55:22 AM »

As an immigrant, I can tell you that most people outside West Europe and US/Canada would kill to be "poor" Americans. Have you noticed how fat many of those supposedly poor people are?  hihi

so you see them fat and you think everything's fine .... uh uh ....

and again with economic growth .....
are you rich ? do you drive a ferrari ? what is your job ?
dont think that the economy growth is a bonus for you.

but, hey, as long as you see movie stars on MTV and p diddy in his cadillac i guess that makes you happy. this is america for you.

wall mart is america, and wall mart makes me sad.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2005, 09:04:19 AM »

I don't think he's stupid.  Not by a long shot.  On the contrary, I think he's VERY intelligent.

But he's not well spoken or articulate at ALL.  And that makes him look folksy, ill prepared, and unintelligent at times.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Surfrider
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2005, 11:03:26 AM »

As an immigrant, I can tell you that most people outside West Europe and US/Canada would kill to be "poor" Americans. Have you noticed how fat many of those supposedly poor people are?? hihi

I don't think so ... a poor in my country gets at least 400 euros a month and when he's sick he can go see a doc for free ! Nobody's is denied medical care because they are poor !? Tongue
No one is demied in the US either.  In fact, you aren't denied even if you are not a citizen of the U.S..
Surfrider
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2005, 11:04:20 AM »

I don't think he's stupid.? Not by a long shot.? On the contrary, I think he's VERY intelligent.

But he's not well spoken or articulate at ALL.? And that makes him look folksy, ill prepared, and unintelligent at times.
I think this is dead on.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2005, 11:06:18 AM »

Popmental, the poor are overweight and obese because they do not have the $ to buy fruits and vegatables. ?They can buy a family pack of hotdogs for a couple of bucks versus 1 or 2 apples for the same amount. ?On top of that they don't have adequate healthcare or access to fitness clubs or gyms. ?Your statement shows your ignorance.
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2005, 12:10:10 PM »

I don't think so ... a poor in my country gets at least 400 euros a month and when he's sick he can go see a doc for free ! Nobody's is denied medical care because they are poor !? Tongue
No one is demied in the US either.? In fact, you aren't denied even if you are not a citizen of the U.S..

Okey, so in the USA if you're poor you can go see a doctor for free and get your medecine for free too ? Things have changed that much ?   Huh

On topic, I think it's damn too easy to say that Bush is an idiot ! I think he knows what he's doing most of the time, that's what really scary !  Tongue

The force ... the force ...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2005, 12:13:43 PM »

Popmental, the poor are overweight and obese because they do not have the $ to buy fruits and vegatables. ?They can buy a family pack of hotdogs for a couple of bucks versus 1 or 2 apples for the same amount. ?On top of that they don't have adequate healthcare or access to fitness clubs or gyms. ?Your statement shows your ignorance.
Very true. Most of the time, the poors in rich counties are fat because they can only buy cheap "junk food". Eating fish or dietetic food is expensive. I mean REAL fish, not the one you find in your hamburger at Mc Donalds! Olive oil is much more expensive than oil. Going to Gym is expensive. Basically, They have other priorities, just to eat.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Sterlingdog
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2005, 12:38:14 PM »

Okey, so in the USA if you're poor you can go see a doctor for free and get your medecine for free too ? Things have changed that much ?? Huh?

You have to be very very poor to get medical care for free.  Welfare pays next to nothing unless you have several children.  There are government programs to subsidize housing for the very poor.  Its by far not a perfect system, and there are those that take advantage.  If you get a job that pays practically anything you no longer qualify for government assistance.  It ends up being better to stay on welfare for many people.  But even the "free" medical insurance (called Medi-Cal in California, but I believe Medicaid elsewhere) often carries a share of cost.  The medical care you recieve is very often substandard.  Many physicians won't even take it, because it pays less than standard insurance.  So yes, there is assistance for the poor in the USA, but there are problems with it. 
Kitano
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2005, 01:09:39 PM »

I don't think he's stupid.? Not by a long shot.? On the contrary, I think he's VERY intelligent.

But he's not well spoken or articulate at ALL.? And that makes him look folksy, ill prepared, and unintelligent at times.

I think you've summed him up pretty well.  On the other hand clinton was an excellent public speaker and he was dumb enough to stick it in a fat chick in the oval office.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2005, 03:55:26 PM »

No one is demied in the US either.  In fact, you aren't denied even if you are not a citizen of the U.S..

Pulling the wool over others eyes...well i guess you and bush would get on just fine eh

my exgirlfriend had a serious back injury a couple of years ago...she was qretty well off but in the end had to sell almost everything to have the operations she needed to "live" so you are abolsutely wrong unless you end your sentence with " as long as you got the bucks to pay through the nose"

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2005, 06:16:45 PM »

Popmental, the poor are overweight and obese because they do not have the $ to buy fruits and vegatables.  They can buy a family pack of hotdogs for a couple of bucks versus 1 or 2 apples for the same amount.  On top of that they don't have adequate healthcare or access to fitness clubs or gyms.  Your statement shows your ignorance.

I seem to be agreeing with you more and more.

My wife and I are constantly reminded of how much it costs to eat healthy. We could easily cut our food bill (around 600 bucks a month for family of four, plus two dogs) if we ate crappy food. White bread, processed meals, cheaper meat, hotdogs, "juices" that are nothing more than artificial color and sugar etc etc.

If you are poor it is easier to buy hotdogs, Koolaid and white buns (which break down into sugar) to feed your family. The junkier (if thats a word, but you get my point) the food, the cheaper it is, always. Also many poor people, especially in the south, use one method of cooking: deep fried. They cook in oil because its cheap and fast and makes poor cuts of meat etc, taste good. Plus it's a cultural thing in the south, especially with low income people. Low income people are also less educated and therefor don't totally understand the risks associated with their habits. Even if they may, they are strapped financially to buy what they can afford.

Lowfat milk, lowfat cheese, soy products, fat free icecream, turkey (lean) ham (lean), wheat bread (approaching 4 bucks a loaf these days), organic veggies, organic milk....it goes on and on...They are expensive. But in turn your health is better for it. I figure it is cheaper in the long run (ie, hospital bills) for me to pay more for food NOW, then healthcare later.

On a side note, many people are now going to India for world class medical care for things like cancer treatment and other surgeries. The cost is 1/10 that of American medical care. If I was ever facing something like that I would do it in a minute. I would know that I wouldn't loose everything I worked so hard for when the 200k bills started rolling in.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2005, 06:20:34 PM »

I don't think he's stupid.  Not by a long shot.  On the contrary, I think he's VERY intelligent.

But he's not well spoken or articulate at ALL.  And that makes him look folksy, ill prepared, and unintelligent at times.

I think you've summed him up pretty well.  On the other hand clinton was an excellent public speaker and he was dumb enough to stick it in a fat chick in the oval office.

But not dumb enough to do what Bush has done in 5 years.....
Surfrider
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2005, 06:31:38 PM »

I think you've summed him up pretty well.? On the other hand clinton was an excellent public speaker and he was dumb enough to stick it in a fat chick in the oval office.

But not dumb enough to do what Bush has done in 5 years.....
And I must say, Clinton was smart enough to win the battle in the media by creating a, yes, "Strawman".  Bush has no media skills; thus, he is unable to win the battle of public opinion.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 06:41:17 PM by BerkeleyRiot » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2005, 06:44:16 PM »

What was the strawman Clinton was tearing down in front of the public?

(I think I know what you are going to say, i just wanna here you say it.)

Bush has no public speaking skills, but his lack of LEADER SKILLS is his problem.
Surfrider
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2005, 07:05:26 PM »

He turned the entire argument into one about sex instead of tackling the true allegation of lying under oath in a sexual harrassment case.? Granted, I don't necessarily believe his perjury rose to the level of impeachment; however, it was serious nonetheless.

On a side note, to address the comment you made earlier about the tactics that are only used by the right, the same neverending campaign to tear down Clinton by the right is exactly what I see today coming from many circles on the left.? Of course, I am not saying that there isn't anything to criticize of either President; however, conspiracy theories come from all sides.

Bush has no public speaking skills, but his lack of LEADER SKILLS is his problem.
Agreed, but, of course, the two go hand-in-hand.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 07:08:00 PM by BerkeleyRiot » Logged
Surfrider
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2005, 07:34:12 PM »

No one is demied in the US either.? In fact, you aren't denied even if you are not a citizen of the U.S..

Pulling the wool over others eyes...well i guess you and bush would get on just fine eh
I doubt we would.

my exgirlfriend had a serious back injury a couple of years ago...she was qretty well off but in the end had to sell almost everything to have the operations she needed to "live" so you are abolsutely wrong unless you end your sentence with " as long as you got the bucks to pay through the nose"
Well, Rain addressed health care for the poor.  In the United States the poor are taken care of.  However, unlike many other countries, the United States also allows the rich and the middle class the ability to maintain their private care, which is, what I have read, far better than government care in any country.  Do some get screwed in the process, sure.  I am not sure what your girlfriend's status was, thus I can not comment on it.  However, I am not saying that the system isn't flawless; nor am I saying that the system does not need any reforms.  To be fair though, one shouldn't trash one's healthcare system by looking at one limited aspect of it, especially considering the aspect she spoke of was incorrect.  Of course, considering your girlfriend was, in your words, "pretty well off", I am not sure your example speaks to Rain's original comment or my reply.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2005, 09:47:10 PM »

He turned the entire argument into one about sex instead of tackling the true allegation of lying under oath in a sexual harrassment case.  Granted, I don't necessarily believe his perjury rose to the level of impeachment; however, it was serious nonetheless.

On a side note, to address the comment you made earlier about the tactics that are only used by the right, the same neverending campaign to tear down Clinton by the right is exactly what I see today coming from many circles on the left.  Of course, I am not saying that there isn't anything to criticize of either President; however, conspiracy theories come from all sides.

The media turned it into a sex scandal, not Clinton......GNRNightrain.
Surfrider
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2005, 09:51:45 PM »

He turned the entire argument into one about sex instead of tackling the true allegation of lying under oath in a sexual harrassment case.? Granted, I don't necessarily believe his perjury rose to the level of impeachment; however, it was serious nonetheless.

On a side note, to address the comment you made earlier about the tactics that are only used by the right, the same neverending campaign to tear down Clinton by the right is exactly what I see today coming from many circles on the left.? Of course, I am not saying that there isn't anything to criticize of either President; however, conspiracy theories come from all sides.

The media turned it into a sex scandal, not Clinton......GNRNightrain.
Nope, sorry.  But a good guy he was.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: